I just upgraded the operating system from Version 5 to Version 6 on my Blackberry Bold 9650. While learning the newest software, it's performing fine so far.
    01-31-11 10:44 PM
    I just upgraded the operating system from Version 5 to Version 6 on my Blackberry Bold 9650. While learning the newest software, it's performing fine so far.
    It's a solid OS. It runs great and is very responsive. I love the universal search. I'm enjoying it. It might take a few days for you to get used to it, just give it a little time, I think you'll probably agree. Here's a suggestion for you, if you just upgraded do 2-3 battery pulls within the first couple of hours. It will help the OS to settle in a bit. During the first couple of days it will probably run a little smoother. Enjoy BB6!
    01-31-11 10:55 PM
    oooohhh very funny Mister! I'll pack it all in DRY ICE LOL put that in 'yer pipe and smoke it!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackber ry.com
    No pipe, just CIGARS!
    01-31-11 11:12 PM
    We'll take all the melted snow we can get. We need the water.

I grew up in the desert and got accustomed to triple digit temps for months at a time. But I don't love it. I do love the winters tho, problem is everybody else in the country seems to come here for winter. (sigh)
    I was reading the San Antonio extreme record temps and it says the record high was 112, which sounds not to unreasonable at all, but the record low was -6. That's what I call one he!! of a temp range. My daughter lives there now and the reason I looked it up. Then the humidity is another story!
    Yeah, they have more humidity than we do and just about 75 miles or less south of us. I'm right out of Austin, humidity is not too bad here, lots better than when I lived in Houston, they really have the humidity. Step out of the door and you start sweating in the summer. Don't miss that at all. Chill factor here is supposed to get down approaching "0" in some areas of the hill country, now that is cold even with our humidity as low as it normally is. Supposed to get some rain and maybe snow toward end of week, humidity will be up. Now that is cold in my book! Having grown up in latin america I didn't know what temps much below 70 were until I was a teenager. I'm still not used to it and I'm a long way from teenager now.
    01-31-11 11:20 PM
    Remember? Now I remember!!!!
    So much for THAT experiment!!!
    No more straight OSes. I don't think there is an answer.... a few of us have problems. The rest probably don't even know they are leaking memory!
    They're the lucky ones!!!!
    Underway gets the brass ring.
    RE: the memory leaks, I've finally settled on the opinion that it pretty much has to be device related. Just from your experiences with dealing with it. I've never dropped more than 1 or 2 mb in a day. I do reboot everymorning as part of my waking up routine tho. I typically run around 297>295mb. If it were my issue I'd be on the phone with verizon pursuing a replacement, if it wasn't forthcoming I'd ramp up to a higher level of the chain of command and if still no go, I'd forget it, run my fav hybrid and set my bold to reboot daily or more as needed. I'd be pretty tired of dealing with it as I'm sure you are by now. The "montana" is coming late summer I hear. When it's available my bold will be available.
    I'm thinking themes may have an affect too, for the first time since we started dealing with JayDee's mem leaks I now have a leak. I've been up 1d 10h 3m and have lost 10.2MB. I have never had more than about 258MB since being on BB6, maybe I don't shrink as well as others but that's OK. I'll be watching my memory until I change to Duce in the next day or two and then watch again. The up time is since I installed Newberry.
    01-31-11 11:36 PM
    YAY for 10K. Who'd a thunk it! Were the H-E-L-L IS tourboy?

We owe another vote of thanks to Yester for letting us keep this thread going. I must say, disfunctional as we all are, it sure has been fun to hang out here and learn a ton about BBs and my Baby Bold in particular.

It's been lots of fun; now, on to 20K. Just think how many more Geniuses we'll create, maybe even a few G of Gs along the way. JayDee will be there in a matter of days so that will give the rest of us something to shoot for. We can then be "Genius of Ramblin' "!
    01-31-11 11:44 PM
    I'm thinking themes may have an affect too, for the first time since we started dealing with JayDee's mem leaks I now have a leak. I've been up 1d 10h 3m and have lost 10.2MB. I have never had more than about 258MB since being on BB6, maybe I don't shrink as well as others but that's OK. I'll be watching my memory until I change to Duce in the next day or two and then watch again. The up time is since I installed Newberry.
    I think the themes from OS5 overlaid on 6 might be making a difference too. But I am not complaining. I wanted themes and I got themes.
    Still testing an upgrade to Deuce.

Funny thing about VZW, they don't care what you're running on your phone. They say use it as you normally would. Must be all these apps and themes are supposed to be managed by the device and the memory management...hmmmmmm
    02-01-11 07:00 AM
    Have you tried "Wingardium Leviosa"? Don't forget to swish and flick!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I never did get into HP. and read the books....huh! I'm lucky my attention span can last for a 30min. show! LOL
    Yeah. You gave me all kinds of h-e-l-l because you started dropping memory by the bucket as soon as you restarted your phone.
    YOU ARE THE 10,000TH POSTER!! W00T!!
    It's just a number...Do I get a car?
    sure! customized by me!
    Yes, you DO get a car and Pink will paint it for you. Guess which COLOR????

LMAO!!!!
    Only kidding Pink!!!
    Its funny you should bring this up, 1) I watched a show "Pimp my Ride" a while back and they customized a Cooper Mini in baby pink, the roof was black, oh it was just hawt looking! and 2) theres a lady in town that has a Mary Kay CTS! I told her I'm gonna jack her car one day! LOL (she knew i was kidding)
    Happy icing/snow everybody! Half day here today, prob counting on conditions worse tomorrow needing that snow day
    02-01-11 07:35 AM
    OK here's to Tourboy!!!
    10K.
    Who'da thunk it?????
    And here's to the Essex Ramblers!
    A dysfunctional, happy-go-lucky family!!!!
    Here's to 10K more!!!
    Cindano!
    w00t!!! for 10,000 POSTS!
    02-01-11 07:38 AM
    No pipe, just CIGARS!
    either way, they're both stinky. Lol.

Yeah, they have more humidity than we do and just about 75 miles or less south of us. I'm right out of Austin, humidity is not too bad here, lots better than when I lived in Houston, they really have the humidity. Step out of the door and you start sweating in the summer. Don't miss that at all. Chill factor here is supposed to get down approaching "0" in some areas of the hill country, now that is cold even with our humidity as low as it normally is. Supposed to get some rain and maybe snow toward end of week, humidity will be up. Now that is cold in my book! Having grown up in latin america I didn't know what temps much below 70 were until I was a teenager. I'm still not used to it and I'm a long way from teenager now.
    speaking of Texas, my hubby always wanted to go and check out the rodeos. we've watch a few shows when they put them on tv, and i'm just like ! the way the bulls throw them around like rag dolls.....good lord!
    Last edited by P1nkD1am0nds; 02-01-11 at 07:45 AM.
    02-01-11 07:40 AM
    Pink, What's up with the purple? WTH... is this a test for color blindness!
    02-01-11 07:40 AM
    I think the themes from OS5 overlaid on 6 might be making a difference too. But I am not complaining. I wanted themes and I got themes.
    Still testing an upgrade to Deuce.

Funny thing about VZW, they don't care what you're running on your phone. They say use it as you normally would. Must be all these apps and themes are supposed to be managed by the device and the memory management...hmmmmmm
    i find it very odd how your device leaks memory, like some do, and most others don't. it just puzzles me as to why an issue like that happens. for example, you'll have someone running the sh!t outta their device with no mem leaks, while you on the other hand manages it well and has mem leaks. I'm not a dummy, but on the other hand, I don't fully understand how a program runs on a compt, bb's etc. just bits and pieces of it.
    Last edited by P1nkD1am0nds; 02-01-11 at 07:47 AM.
    02-01-11 07:44 AM
    LMFAO!! you want pink....heres PINK! LOL!
    i like to change it up every now and then....a little pink, a little purple.
    02-01-11 07:46 AM
    LMFAO!! you want pink....heres PINK! LOL!
    i like to change it up every now and then....a little pink, a little purple.
    That's what I'm talkin' about! It's bad enough I see pink dots now when I go out in the snow, you're really messing with my head!! LMAO
    02-01-11 07:54 AM
    That's what I'm talkin' about! It's bad enough I see pink dots now when I go out in the snow, you're really messing with my head!! LMAO
    lmao! Btw, my compt mouse is even blinged out w/pink!

Psssst...jaydee, got it at staples for 9bucks! check it out & grab one for yourself! !

02-01-11 08:05 AM
    is anyone else having issues with BeWeather updating? I have it set for every hour & it keeps "failing" I have to manually update it. I've double checked my settings as well & its all right. I think with how bad the weather is it may be affecting signal, but was just curious if anyone else may be having this issue also? Thanks

02-01-11 08:32 AM
    i find it very odd how your device leaks memory, like some do, and most others don't. it just puzzles me as to why an issue like that happens. for example, you'll have someone running the sh!t outta their device with no mem leaks, while you on the other hand manages it well and has mem leaks. I'm not a dummy, but on the other hand, I don't fully understand how a program runs on a compt, bb's etc. just bits and pieces of it.
    She's not the only one. Well maybe with memory leak issues, but it's amazing to me how devices, made by robotics, can vary so much. One guy might have stellar battery life, and the other can't last a day. One might have tons of hourglasses, and the other has signal bouncing. You would think these things would be identical out of the box, but even when we do everything possible to eliminate usage and coverage variables that seems to not be the case.
    Ghosts in the machine. Our BlackBerries have personalities!
    02-01-11 08:38 AM
    is anyone else having issues with BeWeather updating? I have it set for every hour & it keeps "failing" I have to manually update it. I've double checked my settings as well & its all right. I think with how bad the weather is it may be affecting signal, but was just curious if anyone else may be having this issue also? Thanks

It's working just great in sunny California.
    02-01-11 08:40 AM
    Sounds like another Dr. Prince topic...
    02-01-11 08:41 AM

Berryweather is updating fine for me, it updates every hour.
    02-01-11 09:15 AM
    Sounds like another Dr. Prince topic...
    Talk about Blackberries with personalities. We'll start with Jaydee's!!
    02-01-11 09:19 AM
    Hey Purple is my color!
    But I won't torture you all with it.
    It's enough that my planner, phone case, eyeglasses, pen, ring and nail polish today are purple, no?
    02-01-11 09:21 AM

Yes, every once in a while, I have a problem with BeWeather and the update failing. I don't know why, but it does!
    I usually restart the app and it "catches".
    02-01-11 09:24 AM
    She's not the only one. Well maybe with memory leak issues, but it's amazing to me how devices, made by robotics, can vary so much. One guy might have stellar battery life, and the other can't last a day. One might have tons of hourglasses, and the other has signal bouncing. You would think these things would be identical out of the box, but even when we do everything possible to eliminate usage and coverage variables that seems to not be the case.
    hmmmmm....this comes to mind-
    spirits in the material world
    It's working just great in sunny California.
    oooooh sure, nice & sunny I bet! Its hailing here!!

02-01-11 10:25 AM
    Berryweather is updating fine for me, it updates every hour.
    mine does too, but its b!tchy today. Lol.
    Yes, every once in a while, I have a problem with BeWeather and the update failing. I don't know why, but it does!
    I usually restart the app and it "catches".
    ok, its must be our area then. So far since I've manually refreshed the screen at 930 it seems to be updating every hour since so far.
    Thanks all for checking!

02-01-11 10:28 AM
23,186 ... 394395396397398 ...