oh, oh Lookey what I got!!!!!

Yes!!!!!!It's Al3azim's Newberry running on my OS6! :
    WooHoo!!! I'm beta testing! Happy Dance!!!!
    JayDee, Al3azim sent me Newberry and Duce last night, I have activated Newberry but I 'm baffled. How do you get the wather icon into the circle?
    01-30-11 06:05 PM
    About 4-5 years - cobol! And that is 4 to 5 years, not 45.
    OMG, I was 20 - 22 doing COBOL. I actually loved laying code in COBOL, especially the self documenting nature of it. I hated to do documentation, the best they got was comments when I was doing something that I didn't think was intuitively obvious. Take is or leave it!

Did a few others but COBOL was my forte.
    01-30-11 06:10 PM
    Is the link fixed for Deuce? I tried it and it doesn't download...

Oh and PS...TRUE sign of addiction!!!
    You're hooked.
    Deuce is working now... Hopefully we will see Newberry very soon.
    01-30-11 06:12 PM
    JayDee, Al3azim sent me Newberry and Duce last night, I have activated Newberry but I 'm baffled. How do you get the wather icon into the circle?
    Bob, whatever is in slot 9 will be in the circle.
    So count 9 spots on the apps page and move weather icon there.
    bodeb likes this.
    01-30-11 06:13 PM
    Heading over to get Deuce now too...

I tried quite a few of the other freebie OS6 themes but there was nothing I was truly happy with... I am looking forward to finding one I can live with for a while and get used to and I am betting it will be one from al3azim. I've always enjoyed his themes!
    01-30-11 06:20 PM
    Bob, whatever is in slot 9 will be in the circle.
    So count 9 spots on the apps page and move weather icon there.
    That works, thanks for that. Can you twiddle with the "Contacts", "Messages" and "Media" on the bottom?
    01-30-11 06:20 PM
    That works, thanks for that. Can you twiddle with the "Contacts", "Messages" and "Media" on the bottom?
    No Bob, those are "planted" there if its the same way as on NewBerry OS5

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-30-11 06:24 PM
    Congrats To Master Pink, 1000 posts way to go. I hear BB6 calling you!
    TYVM Dr.Prince!
    Its still a faint call atm..... I'll get there

01-30-11 06:26 PM
    I did come across another nice free theme for OS6 in the 9650 section. It is called TinyBanner, it has been working well all day, have not come across any issues with it. Does not really do much outside of giving you back screen space with a clear search bar.
    No Bob, those are "planted" there if its the same way as on NewBerry OS5

I was afraid of that, I don't use the general messages folder nor do I do much with media. Such is life.
    Wow, am I king of something then? Just trying to stay with the latest. It's all good!

She's just getting her feet wet with finally installing a theme. Maybe she's the queen of procrastinators besides already being font queen.j/k Pink. LOL!
    Seriously, we need to dole out some titles: Jaydee is the "ramblin' queen"
    Paul is "king snark of the links"
    Keith you can be "King of late nite posts"
    I can be the former "king of the 5+6 switcheroo" Now the ocd os update king.
    Almost forgot Bob, he's king of those other links.
    and of course Pink as mentioned is the reigning queen of the pink font(as seen from outer space)
    Who'd I leave out?

JayDee, our posts crossed in cyberspace, but by golly we got the same thought LOL!
    I will take the Queen of Procrastinators & Pink Font! lol. Btw, you guys have created a monster-i have 3 of Al3's themes on my bb now, I just set up Dark Tril today, and I'm waiting for him to release "Xpress" for OS5 soon! and I'll be loading up "Duece" as well, I like the idea of the Apps1 & Apps2 toggle!

01-30-11 06:31 PM
    I was afraid of that, I don't use the general messages folder nor do I do much with media. Such is life.
    Funny Bob, as I recall, when Al3azim made that originally for OS5 he asked my opinion and I had him change the third "planted" icon to Media because I always reach for it on the home screen. He included it in his final product and I felt like I had a hand in making it...LOL And it's still there!
    01-30-11 06:37 PM
    I have Newberry on my device, I love it. I can see my wallpaper again, whoohoo.

I'll let it ride for a while then try Duce and see how I like that one. I'm sure I will find several of Al3azim's themes that I like and can switch around with.

Al3azim, if you see this, thank you so very much!
    01-30-11 06:37 PM
    I see. On the other hand I do use those a good bit, so it fits well for me. But even with that there, you have the little bb button Al3 set up when you click it you get your first 8 icons you have set up on your h/s to access which is handy as well as the quick key shortcuts he built in! I'm loving these themes!!

01-30-11 06:39 PM
    I see. On the other hand I do use those a good bit, so it fits well for me. But even with that there, you have the little bb button Al3 set up when you click it you get your first 8 icons you have set up on your h/s to access which is handy as well as the quick key shortcuts he built in! I'm loving these themes!!

Acually, 8 icons is all I have other than the BeWeather one that I had to suck out of a folder to have it display. I've got 3 email folders, Txt msgs, an applications folder, media folder, Utilities folder and a maps folder.

I use QL to launch pretty much everything so I don't need to go to the icons very often.
    01-30-11 06:43 PM

I'll let it ride for a while then try Duce and see how I like that one. I'm sure I will find several of Al3azim's themes that I like and can switch around with.

Is that Newberry running OS6 or 5?
    01-30-11 06:45 PM

Bob, Does that say 68 degrees? WTH ....and we have a blizzard watch!
    01-30-11 06:48 PM

Thank you Bob, glad you are using it
    01-30-11 06:50 PM

Bob, your screen shot looks great!!!
    Very nice!
    01-30-11 06:50 PM
    Hmmm... Bob- King of the Golf Shorts!!!
    Always making us feel inadequate cause we got a blizzard a brewing and he's on the golf course smoking a cigar!

PS Bob=I am also using Newberry!!
    01-30-11 06:54 PM
    I would like a Newberry for OS6 as well?
    01-30-11 06:56 PM
    this is what I enjoy about the themes as well!!! You can see the whole damn wp! And its not cut off by icons all the time!

01-30-11 07:11 PM
    Acually, 8 icons is all I have other than the BeWeather one that I had to suck out of a folder to have it display. I've got 3 email folders, Txt msgs, an applications folder, media folder, Utilities folder and a maps folder.

I use QL to launch pretty much everything so I don't need to go to the icons very often.
    wow! Now that's organized! Lol. I thought I was organized by how I lined my icons according to 'category'. I do have a few folders I created as well that I stuck things into also. I'm still looking into QL-there was 3 vid clips on the CB App store that I watched about the app, and I honestly don't know if I really need that much function, that's why I haven't dwld yet.

01-30-11 07:14 PM
    ok where is Bob's screenie? I can't see it on wap
    68 degrees?!? jaydee, your right, Bob="King of Golf Shorts"
    Don't feel bad Dr Prince, its only 30 here right now and suppose to be more snow coming too

01-30-11 07:18 PM

Newberry

PS Thanks for the tips on Capture IT, Pink!
    Worked like a charm!
    01-30-11 07:21 PM
23,186 ... 389390391392393 ...