Does the downgrade process usually take a long time? It's been on "Downloaded 132 modules of 432" for about twenty minutes now.
    I'd just let it run. It downloads the OS and then installs it for you.
    01-28-11 03:22 PM
    Definitely an acquired taste. I happen to like that bitterness but others definitely do not. I find it refreshing - kind of like quinine water.
    quinine, tonic? no different. LOL
    01-28-11 03:23 PM
    Hi Moon, you sound right on cue, overall it takes about 30-45 mins.
    Haha I hope so! Thank you! It's just been on 132 for awhile now so it's making me anxious.
    01-28-11 03:25 PM
    Jaydee, How are you doing with your themes? Anything yet.
    Nothing on the theme front yet, Dr. Prince. I have read some reviews of the first themes and they have some bugs...of course, it IS just a beta TB but anyway. I am waiting for Al3azim, I believe. He said this weekend he will "convert a theme or two" so I can hold out till Monday or so and see what transpired. I am really excited...you know how much I love those themes.
    01-28-11 03:28 PM
    Haha I hope so! Thank you! It's just been on 132 for awhile now so it's making me anxious.
    i understand, i'd be the same way too! lol. I actually have OS6 installed on my compt ready to load, but i've been hesitant myself, so i'm waiting till i'm 100% positive i want to upgrade.
    01-28-11 03:37 PM
    I've been to the Dolomites before, but never to hike them or drink; just to take pictures.
    Would you have any nice pics of them you would consider sharing F2? It's been a long time since I was high up in the Italian Alps...Lake Como....ah bellisimo!
    I will rustle up a few. I've been twice. 2007 and 2009 - both incredible trips with different but great friends.

Looking out from Cinque Torri (5 towers) Hutte. Driving those switchbacks was fun although the pass with 47 of them was very interesting. And the Via Ferrata (Iron Way). Iron Way meaning there are cables anchored to the mountains and you clip in with special harnesses (mine is in the basement - care to borrow it). I did more the first trip and fewer the second.
    Last edited by F2; 01-28-11 at 06:20 PM.
    01-28-11 03:44 PM
    WOW! F2 those pics are beautiful!!!
    01-28-11 03:50 PM
    thanks Bob!
    Annnnnnnnnnnnnd....I got a new cover today

And I also found out Fed Ex isn't making a delivery today w/that C2. Because of the snow storm yest everything got backed up in Memphis, TN. So now it may be here Monday. Oh well....what can ya do.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Couldn't be that they were not able to get out of Menphis, my nephew runs that airport and he will not allow it to be closed. Must have been a problem at the destination.
    01-28-11 04:00 PM
    i understand, i'd be the same way too! lol. I actually have OS6 installed on my compt ready to load, but i've been hesitant myself, so i'm waiting till i'm 100% positive i want to upgrade.
    I did it on a whim last night, and it's just not for me.

Thank you all for your help, though. Back on OS5.
    01-28-11 04:01 PM
    ROMFAO!
    You? Miss themes?
    HAHAHAHAHA
    Glad you still have a sense of humor on a Friday afternoon!
    Really! I don't think he would know what to do with a theme if you made him load one!
    01-28-11 04:02 PM
    Couldn't be that they were not able to get out of Menphis, my nephew runs that airport and he will not allow it to be closed. Must have been a problem at the destination.
    idk Bob, this is what the Fed Ex rep told me when I called. But I checked on the tracking and its making its way up east to me hoping for monday.
    01-28-11 04:02 PM
    I did it on a whim last night, and it's just not for me.

Thank you all for your help, though. Back on OS5.
    oh dont thank me, pcgizmo helped you through this, I just commented on that last part for how long it was taking. please, thank him

glad to hear its all complete and your back on OS5 now
    01-28-11 04:03 PM
    I will rustle up a few. I've been twice. 2007 and 2009 - both incredible trips with different but great friends.

Looking out from Cinque Torri (5 towers) Hutte. Driving those switchbacks was fun although the pass with 47 of them was very interesting. And the Via Ferrata (Iron Way). Iron Way meaning there are cables anchored to the mountains and you clip in with special harnesses (mine is in the basement - care to borrow it). I did more the first trip and fewer the second.
    WOW! Beautiful!
    01-28-11 04:06 PM

F2 THANK YOU SOOO MUCH!!!
    The beautiful colors of the Dolomites are what I remember. And that I was as close to Switzerland as I would ever get...lol
    These are just gorgeous!!!! I am going to save them and use them as wallpaper on my berry if its ok with you!!!

And as for the clip and harness: sounds like just the thing to get me down the hallway during the change of classes at the high school!!!! LMAO
    01-28-11 04:16 PM
    Hello Ramblers. I just want say THANKS for your OS6 posts over the past months. I finally had a few spare hours yesterday and loaded up the official release. I’m glad I had some spare time because there is no way I could have “hit the ground running” going from 5 to 6. This was like moving from a small town into the big city. I’m STILL getting to know my way around this OS. Without you guys leading the way I would have been totally unprepared.

So now, I have a couple of questions. First, is there any way to have more than 3 Calendar entries drop down when you click on the bar between profiles and search. Also, what app are you using to get weather and battery life info on that bar? That’s it for now and THANKS again. You guys are the best!
    Last edited by i_hiker; 01-28-11 at 04:55 PM.
    01-28-11 04:16 PM
    oh dont thank me, pcgizmo helped you through this, I just commented on that last part for how long it was taking. please, thank him

glad to hear its all complete and your back on OS5 now
    I know, I was thanking everyone! It's nice to know that not everyone will jump down your throat when you ask a question like I've seen happen before.

Haha, I'm glad too! Back to my pretty pink theme.
    01-28-11 04:20 PM
    [Color=purple][font=century gothic][size=3][b] thanks Bob!
    Annnnnnnnnnnnnd....I got a new cover today

Ah more bling!!!!
    Now don't try and out bling me, Missy Pink!!
    LMAO!!!!!

I have one like that which is all GOLD!!!!! LOL
    Opulence...I has it! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA (like that stupid commercial)
    01-28-11 04:21 PM
    I know, I was thanking everyone! It's nice to know that not everyone will jump down your throat when you ask a question like I've seen happen before.

Haha, I'm glad too! Back to my pretty pink theme.
    ok no prob-i didn't know if that was just aimed at me-i certainly didn't want to take credit for not doing much! Lol
    YaY for pretty pink themes! w00t!!!!

01-28-11 04:29 PM
    Hello Ramblers. I just want say THANKS for your OS6 posts over the past months. I finally had a few spare hours yesterday and loaded up the official release. I�m glad I had some spare time because there is no way I could have �hit the ground running� going from 5 to 6. This was like moving from a small town into the big city. I�m STILL getting to know my way around this OS. Without you guys leading the way I would have been totally unprepared.

So now, I have a couple of questions. First, is there any way to have more than 3 Calendar entries drop down when you click on the bar between profiles and search. Also, what app are you using to get weather and battery life info on that bar? That�s it for now and THANKS again. You guy are the best!
    Yes hiker...once in a while we talk about OS6...LOL
    Glad you took the plunge and have OS6 on your phone.
    I don't believe there is anyway with the default theme, to have more than 3 calendar items appear. I'm sure it will be theme controlled and we may see some improvements soon. In fact, I am going to beta test a theme right after I submit this and maybe it can be set in there.

Weather info on the notification bar is BerryWeather or BeWeather.
    Battery life icon which is skinnable is from BatteryEx. Both apps have free version; I happen to have purchased both.

Hope that helps you. For info on the apps, head over to the 3rd party apps thread, ok?
    i_hiker likes this.
    01-28-11 04:32 PM
    Ah more bling!!!!
    Now don't try and out bling me, Missy Pink!!
    LMAO!!!!!

I have one like that which is all GOLD!!!!! LOL
    Opulence...I has it! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA (like that stupid commercial)
    LMAO!!! I'm not trying to out bling thee! LOL but I dooooooo love my bling too! LOL. Between the 2 of us, we could set up shop & make bucks! Lmao!
    I am stiiiiiiiill waiting on that gold/brown leopard bling one though-its still on b/o! booo hoo hoo!
    Yes, I've seen the zebra styled blings in all sorts of diff colors. All gold sounds nice!

01-28-11 04:33 PM
    ok no prob-i didn't know if that was just aimed at me-i certainly didn't want to take credit for not doing much! Lol
    YaY for pretty pink themes! w00t!!!!

Well you all helped, so a big thank you to everyone, definitely!

It's one of the Colorocity themes by rgarling. Plus it matches my Tangled background :x

I updated to OS6 in the morning yesterday & by 10 last night I was downgrading back to OS5... I didn't care for 6 that much yet!!! I'll probably try it again soon though!!! And P.S... LOVE your avatar
    THANK YOU. I love Twilight!
    01-28-11 04:33 PM
    Me too!!! I'm slightly obsessed w/it! My husband hates it!!!!
    Oh, I'm totally obsessed with it! Twilight and Harry Potter are quite possibly my entire life. Those and The Little Mermaid. So anxious for July and November!
    01-28-11 04:42 PM
    Well you all helped, so a big thank you to everyone, definitely!

It's one of the Colorocity themes by rgarling. Plus it matches my Tangled background :x

THANK YOU. I love Twilight!
    well YW!

ohhh could you post a pix of your screen?
    I like Twilight too! I do have to say, I'm not obsessed tho

01-28-11 05:11 PM
    F2 THANK YOU SOOO MUCH!!!
    The beautiful colors of the Dolomites are what I remember. And that I was as close to Switzerland as I would ever get...lol
    These are just gorgeous!!!! I am going to save them and use them as wallpaper on my berry if its ok with you!!!

And as for the clip and harness: sounds like just the thing to get me down the hallway during the change of classes at the high school!!!! LMAO
    Thanks, all, for the compliments. And thanks, Jaycee, I had not looked at them individually for a bit. I have created a movie-slideshow out of the best 15 or 20,000

I'm still going through them now, finding ones that show the color and grandeur. Two, 3-week trips. I even have a euro or two since I could not find any chocolate at duty free on the way home.

Do you teach or administer?

A few more to take your collective minds off of BB's

And the last gets you a glimpse of Switzerland
    Last edited by F2; 01-28-11 at 05:48 PM.
    01-28-11 05:28 PM
    Hello Ramblers. I just want say THANKS for your OS6 posts over the past months. I finally had a few spare hours yesterday and loaded up the official release. I�m glad I had some spare time because there is no way I could have �hit the ground running� going from 5 to 6. This was like moving from a small town into the big city. I�m STILL getting to know my way around this OS. Without you guys leading the way I would have been totally unprepared.

So now, I have a couple of questions. First, is there any way to have more than 3 Calendar entries drop down when you click on the bar between profiles and search. Also, what app are you using to get weather and battery life info on that bar? That�s it for now and THANKS again. You guys are the best!
    No to the calendar question, just 3.

I use BeWeather and MeterBerry.
    01-28-11 06:09 PM
23,186 ... 382383384385386 ...