im just not a fan of keyboards anymore. Virtual keyboards with swype and such are just as good. Devices are thin and light with no moving parts. you can get a droid2 pretty cheap right now though to test the "darkside" and then if you want get an LTE device if you like what you see. sadly QNX LTE touchscreen seems atleast another year away so anything you get i would sign 1 year contract
    You are so right about the 1 year contract. I actually think this is, or was, most important for droid people. With multiple manufacturers, the best model is always coming out next week, and you have no hopes of keeping up waiting 20 months.
    The only reason I said "was" is that I feel at some point there will be a wall of diminishing returns that will come up, much like the clock speed "wall" on PC CPUs. Will the Droids of 2013 be worth upgrading to if you have a Droid from 2012? Or will the small difference betweet a 6 core and quad core CPU not be great enough to worry about? But I'm no expert. That wall might be a decade away.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-28-11 01:37 PM
    im just not a fan of keyboards anymore. Virtual keyboards with swype and such are just as good. Devices are thin and light with no moving parts. you can get a droid2 pretty cheap right now though to test the "darkside" and then if you want get an LTE device if you like what you see. sadly QNX LTE touchscreen seems atleast another year away so anything you get i would sign 1 year contract
    Matt, you know how I feel about Storm2...lol...so a QNX/LTE BB is not something I'm waiting a year for. Although, I'm glad to see that Bold Touch and Curve Touch continue the sans-Surepress touchscreen that Torch started.
    01-28-11 01:59 PM
    Oh, and thanks for the "thanks" on my post count fluffing post!
    01-28-11 02:01 PM
    Hey MLN!!!
    Welcome back to the old thread!
    You want to back down to 975?
    Here's the link for that: BlackBerry® Software Updates
    Just download 975 from the link and install it with Apploader.

If you're still stuck, post. The guys will help you out!

So I download it onto my phone through the software itself? Will it brick since I already have 6.0 downloaded? I really have no clue what I'm doing, I just know I don't like OS6. Lol. A part of me just wants to take it to Verizon to see if they can do it for me so I don't screw anything up.
    01-28-11 02:06 PM
    So I download it onto my phone through the software itself? Will it brick since I already have 6.0 downloaded? I really have no clue what I'm doing, I just know I don't like OS6. Lol. A part of me just wants to take it to Verizon to see if they can do it for me so I don't screw anything up.
    MLN, You download the software onto your pc first.Then go to program files> common files> research in motion. Click on the apploader folder and click on the loader file, it's the one with phone. Then just follow the directions.
    01-28-11 02:22 PM
    Moonless, connect via USB cable and start DM. Downgrade options are availble. It's the easiest way to get where you want to be.

I would recommend the Desktop Manager downgrade. Just run DM and click Device > UPdate My Device > View Other Versions

01-28-11 02:23 PM
    MLN, That will work to. It's easier for you.
    01-28-11 02:26 PM
    Thank you all so much! Going to do it right now.
    01-28-11 02:28 PM
    PC , did you miss my info about Al3azim? He said he would be converting Newberry right away. I hope he has time this weekend!!!
    You all know it's been very hard for me with no themes.
    I'm hoping he gets it done as well, damded sick and tiered of the trays that go totally out of control.
    01-28-11 02:28 PM
    PC , did you miss my info about Al3azim? He said he would be converting Newberry right away. I hope he has time this weekend!!!
    You all know it's been very hard for me with no themes.
    I must have missed that. I hope we get BB6 themes someday, it's so boring without them.
    01-28-11 02:32 PM
    I can still get my "CPO" Droid2 for $49, just gotta pull that trigger. Isn't $509 the full retail for a new Bold 9650? I can't imagine anyone in their right mind paying anything close to that for a phone.
    Exactly, and this was an FRU! They obviously don't want to sell any of them to me!
    01-28-11 02:32 PM
    If you do that, I will never speak to you again!!!
    Stop encouraging "King Snarky"!
    01-28-11 02:36 PM
    Exactly, and this was an FRU! They obviously don't want to sell any of them to me!
    I still feel cheated for paying $99 for Storm2! I'd be damned if I paid $509 for a FRU/CPO/akaUSED phone!
    01-28-11 02:36 PM
    Stop encouraging "King Snarky"!
    If you can't take the heat, Bob.....
    01-28-11 02:37 PM
    ok guys I'm "themed up" with NewBerry! I'm soooo excited about this! My Beck is looking oh so elegant now! love it! Thanks for the good advice guys!

You go girl!
    01-28-11 02:38 PM
    Soooo, when BB6 was first shown off, everyone was going nuts over BB6 themes. No the TB6 is out, everyone wants their OS5 themes converted?

Personally I am excited to see what these artists can do when making use of the new tools in TB6 more than anything. I like flicking down to open the tray.
    I would like have MMBrisk back for a while though, just to see if I can stand it now that I'm used to the BB6 way of doing things.

I did load up that mini 14 theme, and its laggy for me. I dont think it was when running OS5. Hopefully not all converted themes are like that.
    01-28-11 02:44 PM
    If you can't take the heat, Bob.....
    Not to worry, I can take it, just know you need no encouragment!
    01-28-11 03:06 PM
    Not to worry, I can take it, just know you need no encouragment!
    lol......

10char
    01-28-11 03:08 PM
    Ooooo new podcast!
    01-28-11 03:08 PM
    Hi F2, you struck my curiosity with this so of course, i had to google it. lol.

it looks good, but according to the article it is very bitter tasting!
    Definitely an acquired taste. I happen to like that bitterness but others definitely do not. I find it refreshing - kind of like quinine water.
    01-28-11 03:10 PM
    You go girl!
    thanks Bob!
    Annnnnnnnnnnnnd....I got a new cover today

And I also found out Fed Ex isn't making a delivery today w/that C2. Because of the snow storm yest everything got backed up in Memphis, TN. So now it may be here Monday. Oh well....what can ya do.

01-28-11 03:13 PM
    Does the downgrade process usually take a long time? It's been on "Downloaded 132 modules of 432" for about twenty minutes now.
    01-28-11 03:18 PM
    I must have missed that. I hope we get BB6 themes someday, it's so boring without them.
    ROMFAO!
    You? Miss themes?
    HAHAHAHAHA
    Glad you still have a sense of humor on a Friday afternoon!
    01-28-11 03:19 PM
    Definitely an acquired taste. I happen to like that bitterness but others definitely do not. I find it refreshing - kind of like quinine water.
    Quinine, tonic? What's the difference? Open a bottle of gun and mix it up!!!
    Yummy!
    01-28-11 03:20 PM
    Does the downgrade process usually take a long time? It's been on "Downloaded 132 modules of 432" for about twenty minutes now.
    Hi Moon, you sound right on cue, overall it takes about 30-45 mins.
    01-28-11 03:20 PM
23,186 ... 381382383384385 ...