I told you there will be NO talk of a Droid purchase around here!
    Oh well I remember something like that passing thru my one ear and then out the other. My palm is itching today, so maybe I'll spend my lunch hour ordering one up!!!
    01-28-11 08:15 AM
    I can still get my "CPO" Droid2 for $49, just gotta pull that trigger. Isn't $509 the full retail for a new Bold 9650? I can't imagine anyone in their right mind paying anything close to that for a phone.
    Pull the trigger!
    01-28-11 08:31 AM
    Oh well I remember something like that passing thru my one ear and then out the other. My palm is itching today, so maybe I'll spend my lunch hour ordering one up!!!
    If you do that, I will never speak to you again!!!
    01-28-11 08:32 AM
    Pull the trigger!
    Oh shut up Conner, who asked you?
    01-28-11 08:34 AM
    If you do that, I will never speak to you again!!!
    Threats only incite me

Oh shut up Conner, who asked you?
    lol....I've been thinking on this for 3 weeks now, nothing's happened yet.
    01-28-11 08:50 AM
    ok guys I'm "themed up" with NewBerry! I'm soooo excited about this! My Beck is looking oh so elegant now! love it! Thanks for the good advice guys!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-28-11 08:50 AM
    Holy moly I can't take my eyes off things for one day! Real busy yesterday and took forever to get where I was able to see what was going on around here. Theme builder eh? Well it's a new animal for those talented chaps and ladies to learn so we should try to be patient for the good stuff to start rolling out.
    Speaking of rolling out, new devices! For a while I've been wondering "what's next?". I'm used to having something in the works rumored when a new device comes out and it's been a few months with no new upcoming stuff. Of course a new storm thingy, but the curve touch was a surprise. Updated curve is a no brainer. It's always been my desire to get the big grandaddy Bold and I was hoping against hope to see the dakota in CDMA flavor and I'm almost in disbelief they are actually doing it. Of course it may be a disappointment; I hope they didnt change the travel of the keyboard or kill the sound quality to achieve the thinness.
    But that's way out in August. I still have lots of time to enjoy the 9650, especially with new themes to enjoy.
    01-28-11 09:19 AM
    Holy moly I can't take my eyes off things for one day! Real busy yesterday and took forever to get where I was able to see what was going on around here. Theme builder eh? Well it's a new animal for those talented chaps and ladies to learn so we should try to be patient for the good stuff to start rolling out.
    Speaking of rolling out, new devices! For a while I've been wondering "what's next?". I'm used to having something in the works rumored when a new device comes out and it's been a few months with no new upcoming stuff. Of course a new storm thingy, but the curve touch was a surprise. Updated curve is a no brainer. It's always been my desire to get the big grandaddy Bold and I was hoping against hope to see the dakota in CDMA flavor and I'm almost in disbelief they are actually doing it. Of course it may be a disappointment; I hope they didnt change the travel of the keyboard or kill the sound quality to achieve the thinness.
    But that's way out in August. I still have lots of time to enjoy the 9650, especially with new themes to enjoy.
    Skyboxer, the Dakota might be the next purchase for me...if its there when I have my upgrade coming around. If you are going to keep up to date on it, will you be willing to share the info with me? Thanks!!!
    01-28-11 09:25 AM
    HEY! BOB! Just cause I resemble that comment right now doesn't mean I won't need it in the future! LOL
    By then hybrid 6.2 will be out! j/k pink

Who has a theme on? Themes! Wow! Who'da thunk it? Finally!
    01-28-11 09:29 AM
    I told you there will be NO talk of a Droid purchase around here!
    I see the "montana" is the new bold for cdma and coming later in the summer. If it's solid and with an upgrade due I could be all over that. It's got a bigger screen! 2.8" Yay!

I can still get my "CPO" Droid2 for $49, just gotta pull that trigger. Isn't $509 the full retail for a new Bold 9650? I can't imagine anyone in their right mind paying anything close to that for a phone.
    Looking forward to your comparison review. OMG! Another BB vs. Droid thread
    I'd be embarrassed to say what me and some others paid for the nokia E90 back in it's startup days. Way more than $509. But it was an E90 not a BB. LOL! And on EDGE no less.
    Last edited by cbreze; 01-28-11 at 09:42 AM.
    01-28-11 09:36 AM
    I see the "montana" is the new bold for cdma and coming later in the summer. If it's solid and with an upgrade due I could be all over that. It's got a bigger screen! 2.8" Yay!
    +1. My upgrade comes up in June. My 9650 is a great device, but if the "Montana" specs really hold, it'll be a huge step up.
    01-28-11 09:53 AM
    +1. My upgrade comes up in June. My 9650 is a great device, but if the "Montana" specs really hold, it'll be a huge step up.
    If the future is QNX and LTE, this is another device that's obsolete before release.
    01-28-11 09:59 AM
    I thought it was the Dakota?
    Montana? Who the **** knows? Which is the touchscreen one?
    01-28-11 10:04 AM
    If the future is QNX and LTE, this is another device that's obsolete before release.
    Oh yes, thank you for crushing our dreams, Mr Droid.
    Where's 67Tucker and Howrmat to give you thanks for that comment?
    01-28-11 10:06 AM
    Oh yes, thank you for crushing our dreams, Mr Droid.
    Where's 67Tucker and Howrmat to give you thanks for that comment?
    Don't be a hater, I'm just being practical about it. Verizon is making big noise about LTE and RIM is making similar big noise about Playbook and QNX.

So with all the noise, why on earth are they releasing new devices that don't follow along??

btw, Droid2 isn't LTE either...so I wasn't comparing my options, I was making a simple observation.

....and for the record, I roll my eyes at the Playbook because RIM can barely get the phones right, why they'd make an attempt at something else to screw up is beyond me. Companies that do what they do best, succeed. Companies that try to do a little bit of everything don't.
    Last edited by pcgizmo; 01-28-11 at 10:19 AM.
    01-28-11 10:12 AM
    If I correctly read the article, Dakota and Montana will essentially be the same toucscreen phone with different radios. Dakota will be GSM, and Montana will be CDMA.
    01-28-11 10:26 AM
    True Paul, but with BB talking about end of year or even into next before going the LTE route then we either wait, go droid or get something that would be an upgrade from what we currently have while we wait. With the faster processor of the reported "montana" that might make for a nice little boost until LTE. Plus for me the .4" more screen will be appreciated.
    That droid device your talking about is not LTE, so is it obsolete? There's the "bionic" which is going to be LTE. Your droid is obsolete then , right? (the r2d2 or whatever)or was it cp3o?. I think it's the one chubaca ate.

Montana is for cdma. Dakota is for gsm. Both the same.
    So with all the noise, why on earth are they releasing new devices that don't follow along??
    Probably so they can pay the bills while they do the research to get to where everyone else is. They have to catch up and I just hope they get it right. I can't stomach the thought of going droid or wp7 or icrap, so I'm content to wait and have little upgrades is good. I don't need the state of the art stuff for what I do. Besides when LTE is fully deployed by verizon it is supposed to be everywhere the 3G is now. That will be what I need , because I always take the road less traveled. Then if BB has an LTE, Great!
    Last edited by cbreze; 01-28-11 at 10:58 AM.
    01-28-11 10:45 AM
    If I correctly read the article, Dakota and Montana will essentially be the same toucscreen phone with different radios. Dakota will be GSM, and Montana will be CDMA.
    OK, I was in the wrong state, right country!
    01-28-11 10:52 AM
    True Paul, but with BB talking about end of year or even into next before going the LTE route then we either wait, go droid or get something that would be an upgrade from what we currently have while we wait. With the faster processor of the reported "montana" that might make for a nice little boost until LTE. Plus for me the .4" more screen will be appreciated.
    That droid device your talking about is not LTE, so is it obsolete? There's the "bionic" which is going to be LTE. Your droid is obsolete then , right? (the r2d2 or whatever)
    The Droid2 device was released prior to LTE, kind of ahead of the LTE game. But yes, when these "new" BB devices are released I'm sure Droid 2 will be old too.

RIM seems to like to give us a half-@ssed "hold them over until we give them the next hold-them-over".
    01-28-11 10:52 AM
    That droid device your talking about is not LTE, so is it obsolete? There's the "bionic" which is going to be LTE. Your droid is obsolete then , right? (the r2d2 or whatever)or was it cp3o?. I think it's the one chubaca ate.

Montana is for cdma. Dakota is for gsm. Both the same.
    ROFLMFAO! You are too much Jim!
    Poor Paul...we are only teasing you. Especially me! You just know how much I will cry if you leave us...
    01-28-11 10:53 AM
    Poor Paul, nothing. In August of 2010 I don't recall any LTE talk, so for Droid2 not to have it, isn't something to try to rib me about.

I love RIM's strategy, come late to the BYOB party with half a bottle!
    01-28-11 11:00 AM
    It's all in fun. I guess we wait, go for an incremental upgrade or stick a gun and tonic in our mouths and say goodnite.
    I for one am happy to see a bold upgrade even without LTE. The montana is def more than what we have now. I love my bold but 2 things I don't like will be addressed by the montana. Bigger screen and faster processor.
    01-28-11 11:04 AM
    It's all in fun
    Nope, too late for the "all in fun" jazz
    01-28-11 11:29 AM
    Poor Paul, nothing. In August of 2010 I don't recall any LTE talk, so for Droid2 not to have it, isn't something to try to rib me about.

I love RIM's strategy, come late to the BYOB party with half a bottle!
    Half a bottle of gun, right?
    01-28-11 11:34 AM
    Half a bottle of gun, right?
    I'd say so! Or a full bottle of Half-@ss
    01-28-11 11:37 AM
23,186 ... 379380381382383 ...