The answer to that is absolutely not a problem. I beta tested DM6 while still on OS5 with no backup problems. I don't use it for OS upgrades, most of us that have been around for a while don't like it for OS upgrades because it tends to introduce issues. Use loader.exe instead.
    ok, please refresh as my memory went blank here. I have on my WinXP desktop the software icon on my homescreen. Atm I'm updating DM to 6.0. How do I usb my bb and load thru loader.exe? I've never actually done it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-26-11 11:06 AM
    nevermind-i forgot I had 'reginald' post for loading thru loader.exe bookmarked in my bb.
    Do I necessarily have to wipe before the install? Or can I just install right over what here?

01-26-11 11:24 AM
    nevermind-i forgot I had 'reginald' post for loading thru loader.exe bookmarked in my bb.
    Do I necessarily have to wipe before the install? Or can I just install right over what here?

loader will wipe everything anyway, just be sure to backup your stuff before you pull the trigger.
    01-26-11 11:26 AM
    I got really wild and crazy today. My new friend on BBM likes to reply with voicenotes. Not being the all-knowing Grand Poobah everyone thinks I am, I wondered how to have those play thru the earpiece and not the speaker.

Here's the really crazy part..... I clicked on the word Search on the black bar running across the top of the screen. It's cleverly located right next to a grey down arrow. Well, I typed in my keywords, and what do you know:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f79/voice-notes-24283/

I think I may write a CB 101 on how to do this
    I still think you are!
    lmao
    Do write up something for CB. We wanna see your name in lights PC!!!

PSRemember my low volume video problem a while back? How I changed OSes a hundred times and it never solved the problem? Well while in media player you activate speakerphone or handset. That was the resolution to my problem.
    It;s info a lot of people could use I bet.

But me...being the "Rambling Queen" (as Bob suggested,) already knew that! LMAO
    Last edited by jaydee5799; 01-26-11 at 12:09 PM.
    01-26-11 12:06 PM
    loader will wipe everything anyway, just be sure to backup your stuff before you pull the trigger.
    will do. Thanks pc.
    I have to say, I'm still soo confused as whether to upgrade or not. I know, I know you guys are gonna shoot me with that bottle of gun jaydee has! lol. I just can't help being unsure.....if this morning wouldve went off without a hitch, it wouldve been done. THIS is what happens when I have things to do and TOO MUCH TIME to think!!! UGH! None the less, I have the OS dwld on the compt & DM upgraded to 6.

01-26-11 12:24 PM
    will do. Thanks pc.
    I have to say, I'm still soo confused as whether to upgrade or not. I know, I know you guys are gonna shoot me with that bottle of gun jaydee has! lol. I just can't help being unsure.....if this morning wouldve went off without a hitch, it wouldve been done. THIS is what happens when I have things to do and TOO MUCH TIME to think!!! UGH! None the less, I have the OS dwld on the compt & DM upgraded to 6.

C'mon Pink, You're over thinking this. Jump on in, backup your device, use app loader and let it roll. You got all of us here to help you thru it. If Jaydee's bottle doesn't get you, I've got a bottle of gun that's leftover from the holidays. We'll see ya on the dark side.
    01-26-11 01:11 PM
    C'mon Pink, You're over thinking this. Jump on in, backup your device, use app loader and let it roll. You got all of us here to help you thru it. If Jaydee's bottle doesn't get you, I've got a bottle of gun that's leftover from the holidays. We'll see ya on the dark side.
    Haha, in my house, there are NEVER left-over bottles of gun!
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    01-26-11 01:46 PM
    Haha, in my house, there are NEVER left-over bottles of gun!
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    Excuse me but it is "Yo ** ** and a bottle of gun!" Not "hahahaha and a bottle of gun!"

Sheesh, you cannot say h0 h0 (at least, not in the presence of a lady!!!!)
    01-26-11 03:17 PM
    Excuse me but it is "Yo ** ** and a bottle of gun!" Not "hahahaha and a bottle of gun!"

Sheesh, you cannot say h0 h0 (at least, not in the presence of a lady!!!!)
    Dang ebonics!

01-26-11 03:33 PM
    Dang ebonics!

After what I hear in school you'd think I'd a heard it all!
    LMAO
    01-26-11 03:36 PM
    I am sitting here about to LMAOROLF, bad part is that I am at work and sitting on a high chair a long ways from the floor, at all of the recent posts. I love it, where else can one get this great of good clean entertainment for free!

P1nk, enough already. Loading a new OS is not brain surgery or rocket science. Get on with it and post up if you have a problem, you know we are here to help you if you need it; however, I seriously doubt that you will need any help at all.

No more excuses, get it done!
    01-26-11 04:17 PM
    I am sitting here about to LMAOROLF, bad part is that I am at work and sitting on a high chair a long ways from the floor, at all of the recent posts. I love it, where else can one get this great of good clean entertainment for free!

P1nk, enough already. Loading a new OS is not brain surgery or rocket science. Get on with it and post up if you have a problem, you know we are here to help you if you need it; however, I seriously doubt that you will need any help at all.

OK, what's wrong with this picture????
    MEDIC!
    Get Bob a shorter chair or better yet...get him the h-e-l-l outta work! He's retired for gosh sake!!!

Hey btw...my memory loss is back to -30 in 12 hours...with all my apps. I think I'm calling VZW and asking them, what? I'm NOT supposed to run any apps on my phone?????
    01-26-11 04:51 PM
    MEDIC!
    Get Bob a shorter chair or better yet...get him the h-e-l-l outta work! He's retired for gosh sake!!!

Hey btw...my memory loss is back to -30 in 12 hours...with all my apps. I think I'm calling VZW and asking them, what? I'm NOT supposed to run any apps on my phone?????
    I can't wait to see what they say. Give' em he!! Jaydee. Be sure you tell them that you've got a bottle of gun and you're not afraid to use it!
    01-26-11 04:56 PM

You tell her, Bob! And they say I'm "brash".
    01-26-11 04:59 PM
    MEDIC!

JayDee's memory loss has returned? Once again, balance has been restored...

01-26-11 05:06 PM
    JayDee's memory loss has returned? Once again, balance has been restored...

OK, as I type, I have a security wipe going on at the request of the VZW Tech. Because the software hasn't been out very long, she has never heard of someone having a memory leak but was upset to hear that I have the hourglass spinning as that is not good news. She said not every device, even tho they are the same devices, will take the 6 update the same or seamlessly. Of course, I know that and I am glad to know that she understands. She believes this wipe is similar to how the Androids respond to an OS update. Will do a restore of my data when I get done. Then I have to add back all my apps. She was not concerned with the apps because she said "How you use your phone is how you use it"...not don't add this or don't add that. So I will reload my apps and watch the memory and the hourglassing and keep in touch with her. I have her email and will shoot periodic emails (I hope she doesn't mind the 5 am one that says YIKES< I LOST 30MB ON THE NIGHTSTAND!)

She will call me again tomorrow to see if any change has been achieved. If not, we will see...

I'm making another gun and tonic now!!!!
    I am going to load up on the apps and register them all in record time.
    And chug!
    Cheers...
    01-26-11 05:39 PM
    i'm making another gun and tonic now!!!!
    And chug!
    Cheers...
    slow down!!
    01-26-11 05:45 PM
    OK, as I type, I have a security wipe going on at the request of the VZW Tech. Because the software hasn't been out very long, she has never heard of someone having a memory leak but was upset to hear that I have the hourglass spinning as that is not good news. She said not every device, even tho they are the same devices, will take the 6 update the same or seamlessly. Of course, I know that and I am glad to know that she understands. She believes this wipe is similar to how the Androids respond to an OS update. Will do a restore of my data when I get done. Then I have to add back all my apps. She was not concerned with the apps because she said "How you use your phone is how you use it"...not don't add this or don't add that. So I will reload my apps and watch the memory and the hourglassing and keep in touch with her. I have her email and will shoot periodic emails (I hope she doesn't mind the 5 am one that says YIKES< I LOST 30MB ON THE NIGHTSTAND!)

She will call me again tomorrow to see if any change has been achieved. If not, we will see...

I'm making another gun and tonic now!!!!
    And chug!
    Cheers...
    At least it sounds like you got a Service Tech that cares. Hopefully she can resolve your memory issue. Keep her contact info, we may all need to reach out to a Tech at some point who can get the job done quickly and correctly.
    01-26-11 05:57 PM
    slow down!!
    Yes, boss!
    Anyone checked your holsters lately?
    All your GUNS are belong to ME....haha
    01-26-11 05:59 PM
    Well I loaded up Shane's hybrid 431/448 and it fixed my calendar issue I was having in the daily view. HA!
    Very smooth so far as well. No issues. Seems pretty sweet.
    01-26-11 07:51 PM
    Well I loaded up Shane's hybrid 431/448 and it fixed my calendar issue I was having in the daily view. HA!
    Very smooth so far as well. No issues. Seems pretty sweet.
    The LAST thing that she needs is any encouragement!
    01-26-11 07:57 PM
    Ha,Ha. Right. She'll be going steady with the verizon tech gal for awhile.
    01-26-11 07:59 PM
    Ha,Ha. Right. She'll be going steady with the verizon tech gal for awhile.
    Jim...you're just lucky I swore off hybrids till the weekend!
    HAHA
    What else is new in Shane's hybrid?

Oh, the hourglassing has returned but I haven't done enough battery pulls yet.
    Already wrote to my new friend, the VZW Tech and she is not pleased. Said i should not be seeing an hourglass as the processor should not be so busy like on a PC. She also was impressed (for some reason) that I seemed knowledgeable. Even AFTER 2 gun and tonics...a little light on the tonic, too...

I think she will be more apt to take some more drastic steps tomorrow. My pillow is calling...

PST!!!

PST!!!!

after the wipe and putting ALL my many apps back...my phone is not leaking right now. Why? Why does it leak like crazy sometimes and not at all sometimes?

I need another drink
    01-26-11 08:24 PM
    dang ebonics!

Posted from my crackberry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    :d :d :d .......
    01-26-11 08:29 PM
    Dang ebonics!

Odd the Grinning TEETH smiley would not work. I can't post a shortened version of ***** nor grinning teeth
    01-26-11 08:31 PM
23,186 ... 373374375376377 ...