If I may suggest to try Beweather Free, I do not see any leaks with this. Maybe it is just the paid version, with any luck.
    I have this one too Jimi, but atm I'm on OS5. Are you on 6, i cant remember with so many of you guys switching around os's from hybrids, to officials.....oy vey!
    01-26-11 07:48 AM
    People are still rambling about this phone?.....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Yes, Where have you been?
    01-26-11 07:52 AM
    I had the same questions with both BB BOSS and BBHybrids tool. I found a newer version of the BBHybrids tool (v2.2) on their website.

BBHybrids Tool (Public Version) - Downloads - BBHybrids Forums

This one worked as I expected. Some have said that the new version was specifically fixed to work with OS6. Seems to be good so far.
    That would be the one that I am using. I just checked to be sure but I had thought it was.

When I have some down time I'm going to uninstall and re-install .431 on my PC and run the BBH shrinker on it again and see if it will do better. I have some OS issues with my laptop right at the moment so I also need to deal with them. Not sure what is going on but I have come to the conclusion that I need to do a wipe and reload the beast.
    01-26-11 07:57 AM
    I'm really surpised! I don't use BerryBuzz, but I've been using BerryWeather forever and I've never had a problem.
    01-26-11 08:02 AM
    Yeah, really , what are you all drinking anyway? A slapp happy bunch if I ever saw one.
    I found a bug! When I go to month view in calendar,(my default view)then go to the day where I've already entered something like I want to open it to edit. It's highlighted but BLANK. Above it will show the appt but not in the time slot it's in, just a highlighted blank there. If I pull up agenda(press A) it's all there and fine, just not in the daily view except at the top of the page. All entries are blank. There is a box around each where there should be text. Weird. Not a big deal, just thought I'd share. I tried to get capture it to download and had some problem otherwise I'd show a screenie.
    When I do what you describe and open the day view it highlights the relative time of day at the moment. If I scroll up or down to the time of the actual appointment they are there. Did you scroll to the actual time slot?
    01-26-11 08:02 AM
    .........Miss P!nk here was in the process of dwlding OS6, or trying to at least. I go to VzW's site, click the link yada yada yada, save. run. run. Then I get a msg-"THIS IS NOT A VALID WIN 32 APPLICATION"
    now, is this because its a Windows 7 laptop? I have heard of some issues with DM, but not sure what they are exactly. I also have a Windows XP desktop avail as well. or can I just adjust a setting on W7 and it'll load?
    Do you get the error after you install the OS? Or is it when you start DM? Which application gives you the error?
    01-26-11 09:13 AM
    Do you get the error after you install the OS? Or is it when you start DM? Which application gives you the error?
    its when I'm trying to dwld the OS6 software & save to home screen on the laptop. I just tried it from my WinXP & it dwld'd & saved no prob-i clicked run & it'll start up w/no errors. NOW I'm nervous to hook up my Bold!! Lol!
    But I just don't understand why it wouldn't load on the Win7 laptop If you know or have a theory I am interested in learning

01-26-11 09:21 AM
    its when I'm trying to dwld the OS6 software & save to home screen on the laptop. I just tried it from my WinXP & it dwld'd & saved no prob-i clicked run & it'll start up w/no errors. NOW I'm nervous to hook up my Bold!! Lol!
    But I just don't understand why it wouldn't load on the Win7 laptop If you know or have a theory I am interested in learning

It sounds like the downloaded OS file was corrupted. The issues that I've read about are related to Win7 and the Desktop Software, and most of those were supposedly fixed with the latest version 6.0.1.18.
    01-26-11 09:49 AM
    Mornin' all,
    Wow so much going on in the wee hours, Pink is attempting an install of 6, very cool Pink, you go!
    JayDee, I am another with no mem loss using beweather. It must be your unit.
    I see no one has my daily view calendar issue. Thankyou all for checking. It's certainly not that big of a deal, just curious is all. About 3/4 of my daily view appts. are blank with no more than a highlighted box around the time slot which lets me know I have something then. I can click on the blank box and it will pop up for any editing. My notification bar drop down shows everything fine as well as does week view, agenda and month views. I must have left something off in the translation from the last os to this one. As I said no biggie.
    I see SCrid has a hybrid out using some 431/448 files. Not any comments on it yet. So 448 will most likely be our next leak/update?
    I also see the ota issues cropping up regarding the downloads. Guess that is to be expected. I wonder how busy verizon will be today fixing stuff.
    A good day to all!
    Ciao,
    01-26-11 09:55 AM
    I use wm7 and have never had any trouble downloading an os file and then using apploader to install. Why don't you do it that way and bypass the DM? Go to one of the links and not verizons site. There are many links around here. It's just like downloading any other file.
    So is your wm7 32 or 64 bit?
    Last edited by cbreze; 01-26-11 at 10:02 AM.
    01-26-11 09:57 AM
    It sounds like the downloaded OS file was corrupted. The issues that I've read about are related to Win7 and the Desktop Software, and most of those were supposedly fixed with the latest version 6.0.1.18.
    idk, it wouldn't let me save/run so I just deleted the 'empty' icon sitting on the homescreen of my W7 laptop. I did get it to dwld on my WinXP, NOW if I could just find the time to install it! I've got so much going on atm that I don't have time to now-i may have to wait till tomorrow morning before I get a chance to again. oh well. Thanks for the help Underway!

01-26-11 10:01 AM
    Enjoying my phone? Idk crazy idea isn't it, and where's fubaz, he attempts to insult me by calling me the harsh word of "troll" ooohohoohohoh, and then he leaves, leaving me alone in this forum to sarcastically pass the time by responding to various posts...

FUBAZ?
    Excuse me! This is my thread to oversee. Not Fubaz.
    I appointed myself too, so if anyone has a problem with it they can contact me about it. (I expect to hear from Yester at any moment! )

Don't be a troll here. You can add whatever you'd like.
    Keep it on topic...whatever we happen to be discussing for the day or a problem that has cropped up.
    01-26-11 10:04 AM
    I use wm7 and have never had any trouble downloading an os file and then using apploader to install. Why don't you do it that way and bypass the DM? Go to one of the links and not verizons site. There are many links around here. It's just like downloading any other file.
    Well Jim, this is the prob- it won't dwld to my laptop but its ok, I've got it on my desktop WinXP
    Ok, I know this is prob a stuuuuuuuupid question, BUT I'm gonna ask anyway lol. If I upgrade DM to Vers6(I have 5 now) with the other 2 berries in the house running OS5.0's, is it going to be a prob when I need to back those phs up on DM vers6?

01-26-11 10:05 AM
    Well Jim, this is the prob- it won't dwld to my laptop but its ok, I've got it on my desktop WinXP
    Ok, I know this is prob a stuuuuuuuupid question, BUT I'm gonna ask anyway lol. If I upgrade DM to Vers6(I have 5 now) with the other 2 berries in the house running OS5.0's, is it going to be a prob when I need to back those phs up on DM vers6?

I think any version of DM should recognize any of the BB's. Someone else can jump in and clarify, but the version of DM shouldn't make any diff.
    01-26-11 10:07 AM

No, no problem at all. I support my two Bolds, a Tour, and two 3G Curves with v6. The Bolds and Curves are all running 6/431. The Tour has 5/975.

Have you tried to download the installer again on your Win7 machine?
    01-26-11 10:08 AM
    FUBAZ?
    I appointed myself too, so if anyone has a problem with it they can contact me about it. (I expect to hear from Yester at any moment! )

Keep it on topic...whatever we happen to be discussing for the day or a problem that has cropped up.
    I got rich to remove some is snowbawlls stupid posts. Hopefully Ed will do some more clean up.
    01-26-11 10:15 AM
    Mornin' all,
    Wow so much going on in the wee hours, Pink is attempting an install of 6, very cool Pink, you go!
    JayDee, I am another with no mem loss using beweather. It must be your unit.
    I see SCrid has a hybrid out using some 431/448 files. Not any comments on it yet. So 448 will most likely be our next leak/update?
    I also see the ota issues cropping up regarding the downloads. Guess that is to be expected. I wonder how busy verizon will be today fixing stuff.
    A good day to all!
    Ciao,
    Jim,
    I was considering getting rid of BeWeather because of the extreme leak, but in the past hour my 12 MB lost just became 6...so maybe my phone is learning to recover lost or used memory????

Also, I am swearing off hybrids.
    At least until the weekend.
    HAHA No, I will not load a hybrid for a while because I want to be able to tell VZW about my problem, assuming I feel the need to call. I have gotten suggestions to load free BeWeather, which I will try. Also, I have tried a couple of BeBuzz replacements and I don't like them at all. ... and I really miss my colored LEDs. I never realized how much I relied on them till they're missing...Installing it back...NOW!
    01-26-11 10:16 AM

I am running W7 Ultimate on a LT and had no problems with DLing OSs from vzw or any other site. Try it again, you may have had an error in the communications link.
    01-26-11 10:31 AM
    I think any version of DM should recognize any of the BB's. Someone else can jump in and clarify, but the version of DM shouldn't make any diff.
    that's what I was figuring, but just wanted to be sure
    No, no problem at all. I support my two Bolds, a Tour, and two 3G Curves with v6. The Bolds and Curves are all running 6/431. The Tour has 5/975.

Have you tried to download the installer again on your Win7 machine?
    terrific! ty underway also!
    No I didn't try dwlding again to W7. Maybe will. It just gets my goat that it did that! little focker! Lol.

01-26-11 10:34 AM
    Stay away from DM for anything to do with loading a new/upgrade OS. It tends to introduce issues.
    01-26-11 10:36 AM
    FUBAZ?

You go girl! Rambling Queen JayDee!
    01-26-11 10:39 AM
    I got really wild and crazy today. My new friend on BBM likes to reply with voicenotes. Not being the all-knowing Grand Poobah everyone thinks I am, I wondered how to have those play thru the earpiece and not the speaker.

Here's the really crazy part..... I clicked on the word Search on the black bar running across the top of the screen. It's cleverly located right next to a grey down arrow. Well, I typed in my keywords, and what do you know:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f79/voice-notes-24283/

I think I may write a CB 101 on how to do this
    01-26-11 10:41 AM

The answer to that is absolutely not a problem. I beta tested DM6 while still on OS5 with no backup problems. I don't use it for OS upgrades, most of us that have been around for a while don't like it for OS upgrades because it tends to introduce issues. Use loader.exe instead.
    01-26-11 10:42 AM
    [QUOTE=jaydee5799;5991402]...Also, I am swearing off hybrids.
    HAHA No, I will not load a hybrid for a while because I want to be able to tell VZW about my problem, assuming I feel the need to call.../QUOTE]

YOU? Swearing off hybrids? Sounds like one too many guns last night...
    01-26-11 10:44 AM
    [QUOTE=Underway99;5991527]
    ...Also, I am swearing off hybrids.
    HAHA No, I will not load a hybrid for a while because I want to be able to tell VZW about my problem, assuming I feel the need to call.../QUOTE]

YOU? Swearing off hybrids? Sounds like one too many guns last night...
    Maybe it is just a case of not enogh tonic!
    01-26-11 10:52 AM
23,186 ... 372373374375376 ...