Jaydee is a gun and tonic packin' MAMA!
    ...who has now discovered a leaky app!
    BerryBuzz made my phone drop 10MB in 90 minutes.
    So I've deleted it for now. Going to watch before I add back anything else...
    Still have a number of apps missing from my phone. Really want to use BeBuzz. Any alternatives that anyone knows of?
    01-25-11 07:41 PM
    Still have a number of apps missing from my phone. Really want to use BeBuzz. Any alternatives that anyone knows of?
    The only thing I have come across like Bebuzz is this.

Alerts Master - Filter, Preview, Set LED colors, tones, vibration for emails, SMS, MMS, PIN, phone calls from specific contacts - Utilities BlackBerry Apps
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    01-25-11 08:18 PM
    BeBuzz, BuzzMe, ColorID, WhoIsIt, etc...
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    01-25-11 08:33 PM
    HAHA!
    You guys are too much!
    I just poured myself a nice tall gun & tonic...you know, the drink for us fiesty types!

LOL...kinda like 9mm bullets on a Terminator pizza!
    You are one tough lady. I see you are having limited memory loss - FINALLY.

I am grabbing the official copy from Smithmicro.

But I am presuming that the browser is still lame?

Oh, is there a list of apps that will not run on OS6? Or do I have to check each one I have? Shazam? QL? Beweather? Hmm Garmin?
    01-25-11 08:39 PM
    Hi Pink, Jim here. How's the 1006 doing? Do you find any differences that you can tell from 975? Smoother, faster, anything?
    Hi Jim, P!nk here. Honestly..... I have been so ufkin busy I haven't had a chance to play around with it! I upgraded my sons Bold to while I was at it. I can say one thing I do have now is Bbm 5.0.1. Before I had 5.0.0. Other thing I did notice so far is the browser seems to lag a bit, but not always. Like 2 out of say 5 pages will lag loading up, but the other 3 are fast. Browser font STILL doesn't adjust surprise surprise! Lol. Sooooo...that's all for now. When I'm using it more tomorrow I'll get a better feel for it. thanks for asking! I'm thinking about loading up a theme, but I'm so picky, like ocd picky, I don't know if I'll find something that's 'right up my alley' And QL is still on my "Honey Dew" list! LOL
    BTW - I'm LOL'ing reading these posts! You guys are a hoot!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-25-11 08:40 PM
    HAHA!
    You guys are too much!
    I just poured myself a nice tall gun & tonic...you know, the drink for us fiesty types!

LOL...kinda like 9mm bullets on a Terminator pizza!

What apps might I run into problems with if I did go OS6? Shazam? Garmin? QL, beweather, gpslogger? Shortcutme? Datavault? Tether (which I have not run in ages).
    01-25-11 08:42 PM
    I can't effin believe BerryBuzz is causing you a leak! That sucks! I have the paid vers also, and no probs whatso ever! There are a couple in MobiHand, I just can't rem off the top of my head - if I get a chance -l check out the Mobi store from my bb.
    Btw, I forgot to put this in my above post, prior to upgradin I was in/about 321 now with 1006 I'm at 315/316. So not too bad.

01-25-11 08:44 PM
    ok I see JimiMack & Seven has named a few for ya

Last edited by P1nkD1am0nds; 01-25-11 at 09:09 PM.
    01-25-11 08:46 PM

What apps might I run into problems with if I did go OS6? Shazam? Garmin? QL, beweather, gpslogger? Shortcutme? Datavault? Tether (which I have not run in ages).
    F2-
    AFAIK everything works with OS6 but to be safe, go to the developer's website before you laod to check.
    QL yes, Shortcut me...I'm sure. BeWeather-definitely.
    The others you will have to look into. But if they got VZNav working and PTT...well I'd say you are probably ok as well with what you have.
    01-25-11 08:49 PM
    Thank you both!
    I am going to take a look at them and see.
    I appreciate the help!
    01-25-11 08:56 PM
    Jaydee, so BerryBuzz is the leaky app. Maybe you'll finally get this figured out.
    01-25-11 09:38 PM
    Jaydee, so BerryBuzz is the leaky app. Maybe you'll finally get this figured out.
    Right now it's looking that way. But I haven't put BerryWeather on yet.
    And I really want that one.
    Also gotta try a replacement for BeBuzz.
    And add back a few more apps after that.
    All for tomorrow.
    Time for bed.
    Goodnight Ramblers!!!
    01-25-11 09:46 PM
    And you guys thought I, ME? I? had cornered the gun and tonic market?
    Hmmmmm, what are YOU guys drinkin?
    ROFLMFAO!!!!!!
    Better question might be to ask what they are smokin'
    01-25-11 10:36 PM

Oh, is there a list of apps that will not run on OS6? Or do I have to check each one I have? Shazam? QL? Beweather? Hmm Garmin?
    F2, there is a thread in this forum that was setup to report all of the apps that don't play nice with BB6.
    01-25-11 10:39 PM
    Bob, Did your install of .431 finally go o.k.? I know you had some issues last night.
    01-25-11 10:43 PM
    Bob, Did your install of .431 finally go o.k.? I know you had some issues last night.
    Yes, it did after I had to force feed the da** thing via BBSAK.

I'm still curious about why neither of the shrinkers took anything much out of the OS for me. I'm going to tinker with it later and maybe do another reload just to see.

I've got some bigger fish to fry in the mean time, got som wierd stuff going on with my laptop. Thinking I'm going to wipe it and reinstall.
    01-25-11 10:46 PM
    Yes, it did after I had to force feed the da** thing via BBSAK.

I'm still curious about why neither of the shrinkers took anything much out of the OS for me. I'm going to tinker with it later and maybe do another reload just to see.

I've got some bigger fish to fry in the mean time, got som wierd stuff going on with my laptop. Thinking I'm going to wipe it and reinstall.
    I had the same questions with both BB BOSS and BBHybrids tool. I found a newer version of the BBHybrids tool (v2.2) on their website.

BBHybrids Tool (Public Version) - Downloads - BBHybrids Forums

This one worked as I expected. Some have said that the new version was specifically fixed to work with OS6. Seems to be good so far.
    01-25-11 10:57 PM
    I agree with Underway. I've been using the newer version of BBHybrids tool. It works great with BB 6.
    01-25-11 11:14 PM
    Well guys...I found my LEAK!!!

Bellshare apps!
    BeBuzz was the first that did it and I removed it. This morning I tried BerryWeather and in just over an hour...-14.6MB

Wow!!!
    Now I have the PAID versions so I am going to Bellshare to give them a piece of my mind. But that doesn't help me in that I LIKE those two apps and I have come to rely on them for what they do. I may even keep using them.

I am going to look for a BeBuzz replacement...there were a number suggested to me so I will look. and try them.

As for the weather app, I might run it with the default icons and see if that cures the problems I am having with customer created icons.

Will keep you posted.
    01-26-11 06:19 AM
    Yeah, really , what are you all drinking anyway? A slapp happy bunch if I ever saw one.
    I found a bug! When I go to month view in calendar,(my default view)then go to the day where I've already entered something like I want to open it to edit. It's highlighted but BLANK. Above it will show the appt but not in the time slot it's in, just a highlighted blank there. If I pull up agenda(press A) it's all there and fine, just not in the daily view except at the top of the page. All entries are blank. There is a box around each where there should be text. Weird. Not a big deal, just thought I'd share. I tried to get capture it to download and had some problem otherwise I'd show a screenie.
    I just checked my calendar, and it's working ok for me.

Bellshare apps!
    BeBuzz was the first that did it and I removed it. This morning I tried BerryWeather and in just over an hour...-14.6MB

Wow!!!
    Now I have the PAID versions so I am going to Bellshare to give them a piece of my mind. But that doesn't help me in that I LIKE those two apps and I have come to rely on them for what they do. I may even keep using them.

I am going to look for a BeBuzz replacement...there were a number suggested to me so I will look. and try them.

As for the weather app, I might run it with the default icons and see if that cures the problems I am having with customer created icons.

Will keep you posted.
    Wow! I'm very surprised, I have these installed too and I've dropped from 260.98 yesterday afternoon to 260.61 now, according to QL's Device Info.
    Last edited by pcgizmo; 01-26-11 at 07:23 AM.
    01-26-11 07:20 AM
    morning all!

Wow, jaydee. I'm very surprised. I also have BeBuzz(pd) and BeWeather(free) and no leaks. BUT on another note, I'm very happy to hear you found the problem
    OK so here I am ready to board the train.........Miss P!nk here was in the process of dwlding OS6, or trying to at least. I go to VzW's site, click the link yada yada yada, save. run. run. Then I get a msg-"THIS IS NOT A VALID WIN 32 APPLICATION"
    now, is this because its a Windows 7 laptop? I have heard of some issues with DM, but not sure what they are exactly. I also have a Windows XP desktop avail as well. or can I just adjust a setting on W7 and it'll load?
    01-26-11 07:34 AM

Bellshare apps!

Wow!!!

Will keep you posted.
    If I may suggest to try Beweather Free, I do not see any leaks with this. Maybe it is just the paid version, with any luck.
    01-26-11 07:40 AM
    People are still rambling about this phone?.....

01-26-11 07:44 AM

you bet your @$$ we are!
    01-26-11 07:46 AM

No, not really
    01-26-11 07:48 AM
23,186 ... 371372373374375 ...