well, My bb is sitting on standby, I'm loading up .1006 ota right now. I'm not worried about doing OS6 yet. I checked thru app loader and 1006 wasnt avail-sooooooo- ota here i come!
    Good luck!
    01-25-11 02:47 PM
    well, My bb is sitting on standby, I'm loading up .1006 ota right now. I'm not worried about doing OS6 yet. I checked thru app loader and 1006 wasnt avail-sooooooo- ota here i come!
    oh Pink,
    Leave that OS5 and come over to the seamy dark side of OS6...lmao!
    You'll like it....
    01-25-11 02:56 PM
    Good luck!
    thank you. Believe it or not, the total ota was done in about 40 minutes! I could'nt friggin believe it, I just looked over at my bb to check where it was at and !viola! the screen was loading!
    oh Pink,
    Leave that OS5 and come over to the seamy dark side of OS6...lmao!
    You'll like it....
    LOL! Your tempting me....I have to admit it! In fact all the "Ramblers" are tempting me. I need to take baby steps. Its the way I am. Trust me, I'll get there right along with you guys soon enough. I definately have the itch!
    btw, my ota went off without a hitch and all my apps are registered and back on now, time for the "recommended 3 batt pulls"
    Last edited by P1nkD1am0nds; 01-25-11 at 04:09 PM.
    01-25-11 04:04 PM

F2 you're d-a-m-n lucky you ARE at the other end of the continent! Otherwise, I'd come looking for you with my full bottle of "gun" and you could give me limes!!!

See what happens when I am upset? I can't type. You guys will never let me live that one down I guess. I can't even go back and correct it cause it wouldn't be funny anymore!
    There are any number of reasons why I'm lucky "dammed" or otherwise that I live on this end of the continent. Bottles of guns being one of them.

And, even reading your "I can't even go back" gave me a nice chuckle.

And after a hour and half, who is having no memory loss, YOU or your BB? (G)
    01-25-11 04:11 PM
    wow, yay Pink for a baby step closer to 6. Congrats on a successful install.
    JayDee, Do I hear right, no leaks? Awesome! Be carwful reloading those apps!
    Day 3 on 431 is just fine. I'm actually glad 1006 is not available to D/L except ota or I'd probably be tempted. LOL!!
    But thats just me and good old OCD.
    I heard wall St. is down today from a drop in gin futures.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-25-11 04:17 PM
    The no memory loss was fun while it lasted.
    Then I added Google Talk and Twitter since they were installed with the OS.
    After a half hour, I deleted Twitter and restarted my phone. It was starting to leak, slowly, small amounts, but I didn't want to see it. Plus, it's hard for me to measure with a calculator and a converter (bytes to MB).

So it has been another 90 mins and so far...still under 1.0MB loss.
    Even if it leaks slowly, that's a good sign...like I said, usually I would be WAY past the 12-14MB mark by now...

I have added back QL, Zona Snap,Bolt Browser, Font Collection and 4 internet shortcuts (like ESPN launcher, etc).

I'm itching to add BeBuzz and BeWeather.
    Really anxious....
    01-25-11 04:22 PM
    I couldn't find any new threads in the 9650 forum. Does anyone know if we will ever see an official Verizon BB6???
    01-25-11 04:23 PM
    I couldn't find any new threads in the 9650 forum. Does anyone know if we will ever see an official Verizon BB6???
    I'm so mad we aren't getting OS6 from VZW I'm going to an iPhone!
    01-25-11 04:28 PM
    I'm so mad we aren't getting OS6 from VZW I'm going to an iPhone!
    Oh, is iphone getting an official OS6 from Verizon???? I don't want any rogue stuff someone concocted in their basement.
    01-25-11 04:36 PM
    The no memory loss was fun while it lasted.
    Then I added Google Talk and Twitter since they were installed with the OS.
    After a half hour, I deleted Twitter and restarted my phone. It was starting to leak, slowly, small amounts, but I didn't want to see it. Plus, it's hard for me to measure with a calculator and a converter (bytes to MB).

So it has been another 90 mins and so far...still under 1.0MB loss.
    Even if it leaks slowly, that's a good sign...like I said, usually I would be WAY past the 12-14MB mark by now...

I have added back QL, Zona Snap,Bolt Browser, Font Collection and 4 internet shortcuts (like ESPN launcher, etc).

I'm itching to add BeBuzz and BeWeather.
    Really anxious....
    If that's the worst of it, I'd say you're miles beyond where you were.
    01-25-11 04:39 PM
    wow, yay Pink for a baby step closer to 6. Congrats on a successful install.
    JayDee, Do I hear right, no leaks? Awesome! Be carwful reloading those apps!
    Day 3 on 431 is just fine. I'm actually glad 1006 is not available to D/L except ota or I'd probably be tempted. LOL!!
    But thats just me and good old OCD.
    I heard wall St. is down today from a drop in gin futures.

thanks Jim! (You are jim right? Lol) I'm pretty happy about it the ONLY other os upgrade I ever did was when I had my Curve & did that in 2009 lol. (I think it was upgraded to 4.5.0.138)
    At least Wall St isn't loosing stocks in those bottles of gun! LOL (sorry jaydee, I had to!)

01-25-11 04:45 PM
    thanks Jim! (You are jim right? Lol) I'm pretty happy about it the ONLY other os upgrade I ever did was when I had my Curve & did that in 2009 lol. (I think it was upgraded to 4.5.0.138)
    At least Wall St isn't loosing stocks in those bottles of gun! LOL (sorry jaydee, I had to!)

HAHA!
    You guys are too much!
    I just poured myself a nice tall gun & tonic...you know, the drink for us fiesty types!

LOL...kinda like 9mm bullets on a Terminator pizza!
    01-25-11 04:49 PM
    Someone put a bottle of Gin in my holster. Now I know where my .38 went.....jaydee!!!!!
    01-25-11 04:51 PM
    Someone put a bottle of Gin in my holster. Now I know where my .38 went.....jaydee!!!!!

10 chars
    01-25-11 04:53 PM
    Oh, is iphone getting an official OS6 from Verizon???? I don't want any rogue stuff someone concocted in their basement.
    No, it'll be a Sprint release. You'll have to register with Steve Jobs' great aunt's mother's birthday (all digits, BTW) to get it to work on your iPhone from Big Red. Oh, and you'll need a Mac to install it.
    01-25-11 04:56 PM
    No, it'll be a Sprint release. You'll have to register with Steve Jobs' great aunt's mother's birthday (all digits, BTW) to get it to work on your iPhone from Big Red. Oh, and you'll need a Mac to install it.
    Can I just load it up on my Cingular Pearl 8100? I don't like Apples, except as an excuse not to see a Doctor.
    01-25-11 05:01 PM
    Can I just load it up on my Cingular Pearl 8100? I don't like Apples, except as an excuse not to see a Doctor.
    Only if you have the left-handed model and you install on the first Monday after a blue moon. You know how these do-it-yourself unofficial OS packages are...
    01-25-11 05:15 PM
    Only if you have the left-handed model and you install on the first Monday after a blue moon. You know how these do-it-yourself unofficial OS packages are...
    And you guys thought I, ME? I? had cornered the gun and tonic market?
    Hmmmmm, what are YOU guys drinkin?
    ROFLMFAO!!!!!!
    01-25-11 05:18 PM
    Yeah, really , what are you all drinking anyway? A slapp happy bunch if I ever saw one.
    I found a bug! When I go to month view in calendar,(my default view)then go to the day where I've already entered something like I want to open it to edit. It's highlighted but BLANK. Above it will show the appt but not in the time slot it's in, just a highlighted blank there. If I pull up agenda(press A) it's all there and fine, just not in the daily view except at the top of the page. All entries are blank. There is a box around each where there should be text. Weird. Not a big deal, just thought I'd share. I tried to get capture it to download and had some problem otherwise I'd show a screenie.
    01-25-11 06:14 PM
    Yeah, really , what are you all drinking anyway? A slapp happy bunch if I ever saw one.
    I found a bug! When I go to month view in calendar,(my default view)then go to the day where I've already entered something like I want to open it to edit. It's highlighted but BLANK. Above it will show the appt but not in the time slot it's in, just a highlighted blank there. If I pull up agenda(press A) it's all there and fine, just not in the daily view except at the top of the page. All entries are blank. There is a box around each where there should be text. Weird. Not a big deal, just thought I'd share. I tried to get capture it to download and had some problem otherwise I'd show a screenie.
    No Jim, in my monthly view, I can open an item and edit it. Nothing is blank. I can open all the items, edit them and they all appear with the correct information.
    01-25-11 06:26 PM
    After going back thru it again I see some are there and some not in day view. Pretty weird. Glad I'm not a gun and tonic guy or Who knows what I might do.
    01-25-11 06:33 PM
    +1....I can't wait to read all the "I did the wireless update and now my BB is hosed" threads
    This is coming. Someone should start a place holder thread. The verizon tech guys will probably call in sick tomorrow.

Hi Pink, Jim here. How's the 1006 doing? Do you find any differences that you can tell from 975? Smoother, faster, anything?
    Last edited by cbreze; 01-25-11 at 06:50 PM.
    01-25-11 06:47 PM
    Jim, When I check my day view all the information is there and can be edited.
    01-25-11 06:57 PM
    Jim, When I check my day view all the information is there and can be edited.
    +1. Maybe you and JayDee can commiserate over a few guns...
    01-25-11 07:00 PM
    Jaydee is a gun and tonic packin' MAMA!
    01-25-11 07:25 PM
23,186 ... 370371372373374 ...