I've had the same trouble with BB BOSS. I thought that it was something that I was doing wrong. I even updated to their v1.1 last night. No change. I had to manually remove the vids from the Java folder before I did my install.

Whoa! Did you just add "No leakage yet"? are you really going to make that call after just an hour?
    I use the new BBHybrid Tool Ver. 2.2 which is more compatible with BB 6 IMO.
    01-25-11 10:55 AM
    Can't stand the fact that I have to set all options again with the wipe. I have a bottle of gun handy.
    Careful with a loaded bottle of GUN!!!

And for making fun, I'm glad I'm on the other side of the continent. Good luck getting things to where they need to be.
    01-25-11 10:55 AM
    I use the new BBHybrid Tool Ver. 2.2 which is more compatible with BB 6 IMO.
    I did not realize that the BBHybrids tool had been updated. I wasn't really happy with BB BOSS, but I used it because I had read that it was more compatible with OS6 than the BBHybrids tool. If v2.2 is better, then I'll go back to that one.
    01-25-11 11:15 AM
    Didn't know that about Boss. Also didn't know hybrid tools shrinker was updated either. (note to self, get a clue better)
    RE using the Boss, my startup vid did not show up plus I added about 3mb to my mem, so I'm thinking it worked as far as shrinking that out. However, whats an easy way to tell if PTT is gone? Doh, just did a search for "push to talk" and the icon comes up, click it and the RIM disclaimer comes up before sending you to a 3rd party site, so I guess I have that feature, but does it mean I saved any memory by checking it off in Boss? Because all the other crap from verizon that I typically shrink out, games and such , V apps etc are still there in icon form, but only a link not the actual memory hogging app, right? Or am I wrong? I don't think there is an actual way to get rid of the icon and if so, what's the diff anyway as long as you don't follow the link to load it.

EDIT: A google search of hybrid tools 2.2 only brings up the older version(2.0 from May) from their site. If anyone comes across a link maybe they would post it for the rest of us and I'll look around some more also.
    Last edited by cbreze; 01-25-11 at 12:07 PM.
    01-25-11 11:55 AM
    Didn't know that about Boss. Also didn't know hybrid tools shrinker was updated either. (note to self, get a clue better)
    RE using the Boss, my startup vid did not show up plus I added about 3mb to my mem, so I'm thinking it worked as far as shrinking that out. However, whats an easy way to tell if PTT is gone? Doh, just did a search for "push to talk" and the icon comes up, click it and the RIM disclaimer comes up before sending you to a 3rd party site, so I guess I have that feature, but does it mean I saved any memory by checking it off in Boss? Because all the other crap from verizon that I typically shrink out, games and such , V apps etc are still there in icon form, but only a link not the actual memory hogging app, right? Or am I wrong? I don't think there is an actual way to get rid of the icon and if so, what's the diff anyway as long as you don't follow the link to load it.
    You're right, sort of. As I understand it, the VZW pushed apps are there as links only. Clicking on the icon will take you to a "Virtual Preload Agreement" (which looks suspiciously like a software license agreement), followed by a download window. If you delete the link, it will come back the next time your phone receives service books.

I have a hidden folder for VZW apps, which is where all that stuff resides. If I don't view it, I don'tknow that it's there. As long as I don't delete the links, they won't come back to haunt my home folder.
    01-25-11 12:09 PM
    I've had the same trouble with BB BOSS. I thought that it was something that I was doing wrong. I even updated to their v1.1 last night. No change. I had to manually remove the vids from the Java folder before I did my install.

Whoa! Did you just add "No leakage yet"? are you really going to make that call after just an hour?
    According to QL I'm at 283.23. I did my usual shrink.
    Careful with a loaded bottle of GUN!!!

And for making fun, I'm glad I'm on the other side of the continent. Good luck getting things to where they need to be.
    Underway...no, I'm not making a call. Just keeping you posted. I know my device well enough to know that at the end of an hour, I should be down 8 or 9MB. As it is, it's been 2and a half hours and I lost NOTHING. That's a 15-20MB gain in my book!

Dr Prince, I did my usual shrink and I am starting with 320MB. Of course, I don't have my apps on yet but I should be at about 295 even if I add EVERYTHING back.

F2 you're d-a-m-n lucky you ARE at the other end of the continent! Otherwise, I'd come looking for you with my full bottle of "gun" and you could give me limes!!!

See what happens when I am upset? I can't type. You guys will never let me live that one down I guess. I can't even go back and correct it cause it wouldn't be funny anymore!

With no memory leak after 2 and a half hours......I'm LAUGHING!!!!!!!!
    01-25-11 12:09 PM
    Didn't know that about Boss. Also didn't know hybrid tools shrinker was updated either. (note to self, get a clue better)...

...EDIT: A google search of hybrid tools 2.2 only brings up the older version(2.0 from May) from their site. If anyone comes across a link maybe they would post it for the rest of us and I'll look around some more also.
    I just got v2.2 from here: BBHybrids Tool (Public Version) - Downloads - BBHybrids Forums

EDIT: I often don't start with Google/Yahoo/Bing/etc. I start with the source and look outward from there.
    Last edited by Underway99; 01-25-11 at 12:16 PM.
    01-25-11 12:11 PM
    Underway...no, I'm not making a call. Just keeping you posted. I know my device well enough to know that at the end of an hour, I should be down 8 or 9MB. As it is, it's been 2and a half hours and I lost NOTHING. That's a 15-20MB gain in my book!

Dr Prince, I did my usual shrink and I am starting with 320MB. Of course, I don't have my apps on yet but I should be at about 295 even if I add EVERYTHING back.

F2 you're d-a-m-n lucky you ARE at the other end of the continent! Otherwise, I'd come looking for you with my full bottle of "gun" and you could give me limes!!!

See what happens when I am upset? I can't type. You guys will never let me live that one down I guess. I can't even go back and correct it cause it wouldn't be funny anymore!

With no memory leak after 2 and a half hours......I'm LAUGHING!!!!!!!!
    Yes, but the gin wholesalers aren't...
    01-25-11 12:13 PM
    I just got v2.2 from here: BBHybrids Tool (Public Version) - Downloads - BBHybrids Forums

EDIT: I often don't start with Google/Yahoo/Bing/etc. I start with the source and look outward from there.
    Thanks, got it. Google sent me there but I thought it was the 2.0 since it was an old upload by lyricidal. D/L'd and see it's 2.2
    01-25-11 12:20 PM
    Woo Hoo!! That means more for us in the Midwest!
    01-25-11 01:30 PM
    Jaydee, More than 2 hours without a leak! What's up with that, I bet you don't know what to do with yourself.
    01-25-11 01:37 PM
    Yes they are, JayDee keeps buying the stuff by the case me thinks. Just because there are not mem leaks doesn't mean she will discontinue her use of her favorite medication!

Way to go JayDee, no leaks for 2.5 hours, that is a new world record for your phone.
    01-25-11 01:46 PM
    wooooooow! jaydee, Am I reading right?!?! No mem leaks for 2-1/2hrs! holy guacamole! That's friggin awesome

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-25-11 01:51 PM
    wooooooow! jaydee, Am I reading right?!?! No mem leaks for 2-1/2hrs! holy guacamole! That's friggin awesome

That's what I said, but she's not running any apps. That's where the fun begins.
    01-25-11 01:53 PM
    That's what I said, but she's not running any apps. That's where the fun begins.
    yes I know I saw that to-we'll have to cross all our fingers & toes that they all add on w/out any issues.

On another note I got .1006 pushed to my bb for ota.idk if I want to load it now.....I'd rather do it thru app loader but I'll have to check if its avail there first.

01-25-11 01:57 PM
    yes I know I saw that to-we'll have to cross all our fingers & toes that they all add on w/out any issues.

On another note I got .1006 pushed to my bb for ota.idk if I want to load it now.....I'd rather do it thru app loader but I'll have to check if its avail there first.

I don't recall seeing 1006 available to load with APPLOADER. If you're thinking of loading 1006 so that you can then load OS6, think about just bypassing the OS5 update and go for the OS6 install file instead. The themes thing will be a killer, but not for long...
    01-25-11 02:02 PM
    I don't recall seeing 1006 available to load with APPLOADER. If you're thinking of loading 1006 so that you can then load OS6, think about just bypassing the OS5 update and go for the OS6 install file instead. The themes thing will be a killer, but not for long...
    +1, i've seen 2 posts now of people getting 1006 pushed OTA
    01-25-11 02:03 PM
    +1, i've seen 2 posts now of people getting 1006 pushed OTA
    I wonder -- is Big Red finally pushing 1006 because it's a requirement for the OS6 OTA?

Can you imagine the problems and confusion that's going to come with two OTA upgrades in a week?
    01-25-11 02:05 PM
    Two ota upgrades period is too many!
    01-25-11 02:12 PM
    I wonder -- is Big Red finally pushing 1006 because it's a requirement for the OS6 OTA?

Can you imagine the problems and confusion that's going to come with two OTA upgrades in a week?
    Yes, if you want to OTA to 431 you have to have 1006. So far the only way to get 1006 is OTA.
    01-25-11 02:17 PM
    I don't know just how many Bolds VZW has on their system, but I just cannot imagine that the upgrades will be all that smooth, especially for the vast majority of users (non-addicts) that just expect their phone to work. All at the same time that they are gearing up to support the iPhone? Stand by...
    01-25-11 02:18 PM
    I don't know just how many Bolds VZW has on their system, but I just cannot imagine that the upgrades will be all that smooth, especially for the vast majority of users (non-addicts) that just expect their phone to work. All at the same time that they are gearing up to support the iPhone? Stand by...
    +1....I can't wait to read all the "I did the wireless update and now my BB is hosed" threads
    01-25-11 02:21 PM
    Two ota upgrades period is too many!
    +1, one OTA is actually more than enought as far as I'm concerned. I've not done an OTA since I was it a gulible noob.
    01-25-11 02:41 PM
    +1....I can't wait to read all the "I did the wireless update and now my BB is hosed" threads
    CB better add another server or two.
    01-25-11 02:42 PM
    well, My bb is sitting on standby, I'm loading up .1006 ota right now. I'm not worried about doing OS6 yet. I checked thru app loader and 1006 wasnt avail-sooooooo- ota here i come!
    01-25-11 02:44 PM
23,186 ... 369370371372373 ...