Well I had intended on sticking with 415, but when I downgraded to it, it didn't fix my appworld problem. So appworld went bye bye, and restored apps from backup and used the keys I had in memopad.
    So 431 wasn't the problem, so I am back! The previous browser glitch is gone with the wipe when I downgraded and didn't return when I re-upgraded to 431.
    So all is good now! Wheeeeee!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-25-11 07:51 AM
    All systems are GO!
    Almost all, she has convenience key probs!
    01-25-11 07:56 AM
    Well I had intended on sticking with 415, but when I downgraded to it, it didn't fix my appworld problem. So appworld went bye bye, and restored apps from backup and used the keys I had in memopad.
    So 431 wasn't the problem, so I am back! The previous browser glitch is gone with the wipe when I downgraded and didn't return when I re-upgraded to 431.
    So all is good now! Wheeeeee!

I always delete App World. What a waste. I hope this works for ya!
    01-25-11 07:58 AM
    Almost all, she has convenience key probs!
    No, so close.
    01-25-11 08:00 AM
    Got the convenience keys back.
    Now when I go to retrieve mail I am told no mail is configured?
    It takes me to email settings on my bb but then times out and says try again later???

I'm already getting new email to my device. What's this about?

Screw it. I don't give a crap.
    It's still leaking memory anyway so I will probably load it up and then call VZW in a couple of days.
    I'm so disappointed.
    Last edited by jaydee5799; 01-25-11 at 08:42 AM.
    01-25-11 08:38 AM
    It takes me to email settings on my bb but then times out and says try again later???

It's still leaking memory anyway so I will probably load it up and then call VZW in a couple of days.
    I'm so disappointed.
    It's leaking without any apps on it?
    01-25-11 08:44 AM

I'm so disappointed.
    I'm sorry you're having issues. Hang in there!
    01-25-11 08:45 AM
    I always delete App World. What a waste. I hope this works for ya!
    i never install crApp world. Just removed the two most useless apps: help and PTT
    01-25-11 08:49 AM
    I'm sorry you're having issues. Hang in there!
    Can't stand the fact that I have to set all options again with the wipe. Bull crap.
    I am doing a complete restore of my backup.
    All my options and my f*ucking email should work now.
    All my apps I will hold off on till I get home tonight and I have a bottle of gun handy.

With BBSAK, they go on pretty quickly anyway as all I do is double click the cod and bingo-bango, they work.

Thank god something goes right with an install.
    01-25-11 08:55 AM
    It's leaking without any apps on it?
    Yeah OS6 has a huge leak for some people. You're a little late to the party here. I've been dealing with this for a Looooooooonnnnnnnnnggggggggggg time.
    01-25-11 08:56 AM
    Seven.07 asked for some hep removing the PTT module and I'd thought I'd post my method here for others who may want to try it. It's very simple and assumes 431 is installed.

I dont use any of the shrinking tools, so I'm not much help there. However I can help you remove PTT.

If you browse to:
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\9650AMEA_v6.0.0.431_P4.4.0.315

right click on the VerizonPTT. alx file, choose edit and use Notepad to open it.

7 lines down you'll see: <required>true</required>

change the true to false and close/save the file

now go back into DM click on applications and choose to remove ( click the X) PTT, reboot and it's gone.

I do the same thing with the help.alx file
    01-25-11 08:59 AM
    Seven.07 asked for some hep removing the PTT module and I'd thought I'd post my method here for others who may want to try it. It's very simple and assumes 431 is installed.

I dont use any of the shrinking tools, so I'm not much help there. However I can help you remove PTT.

If you browse to:
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\9650AMEA_v6.0.0.431_P4.4.0.315

right click on the VerizonPTT. alx file, choose edit and use Notepad to open it.

7 lines down you'll see: <required>true</required>

change the true to false and close/save the file

now go back into DM click on applications and choose to remove ( click the X) PTT, reboot and it's gone.

I do the same thing with the help.alx file
    If you use BBSAK,
    you can delete:
    MPTT
    ptt_proxy
    ppt cod

and that does it too.
    Only prob is it reboots after each one. Haven't found a way to stop that...
    01-25-11 09:32 AM
    Can't stand the fact that I have to set all options again with the wipe. Bull crap.
    I am doing a complete restore of my backup.
    All my options and my f*ucking email should work now.
    All my apps I will hold off on till I get home tonight and I have a bottle of gun handy.

With BBSAK, they go on pretty quickly anyway as all I do is double click the cod and bingo-bango, they work.

Thank god something goes right with an install.
    Why not just do a selective restore of your options, sounds, theme settings, WAP profiles, etc. after you wipe and reload? So long as, for example, your wallpaper and your sounds are loaded where they last were used, your screen layout, folders and such will be restored.

A bottle of gun? Don't do it -- it's not that bad, JayDee. Gin should be sufficient. If you need to talk, call Dr. Prince during the call-in portion of today's show...
    01-25-11 09:34 AM
    If you use BBSAK,
    you can delete:
    MPTT
    ptt_proxy
    ppt cod

and that does it too.
    Only prob is it reboots after each one. Haven't found a way to stop that...
    good add jaydee, I keep forgetting about BBSAK since I don't really use it anymore.

I will add however, that I usually make these alx prior to installing the OS. That way they're optional and I don't have to go back afterwards to fool around with removing them.
    Last edited by pcgizmo; 01-25-11 at 09:36 AM.
    01-25-11 09:34 AM
    Why not just do a selective restore of your options, sounds, theme settings, WAP profiles, etc. after you wipe and reload? So long as, for example, your wallpaper and your sounds are loaded where they last were used, your screen layout, folders and such will be restored.

A bottle of gun? Don't do it -- it's not that bad, JayDee. Gin should be sufficient. If you need to talk, call Dr. Prince during the call-in portion of today's show...
    Did I type that?
    See how angry I was? you don't wanna be around me when I do updates. Its why I drink!!!!

My colleague sees how frustrated I am this am so she is taking me to lunch as a treat. She says I need cheering up! So some good will come of this day...

BTW, everything is back...all my device data, anyway. No apps. Now to watch the memory...
    01-25-11 09:38 AM
    [QUOTE=jaydee5799;5987363]If you use BBSAK,
    you can delete:
    MPTT
    ptt_proxy
    ppt cod

and that does it too.
    Only prob is it reboots after each one. Haven't found a way to stop that...[/QUOTE]

Try using BBMCP instead. It will let you select a whole list of installed CODs to delete in one operation.
    01-25-11 09:49 AM
    hi all

Jaydee, sorry to hear your having such issues-i hope this day get better for you......AND FAST!
    Well, I had the app loader screen all up & ready to connect my device so it could recognize my pin & well......I chickened out idk why, its not a difficult task, I think maybe I'm just not ready & with the browser font/column view an issue is what's making me doubt the upgrade right now. I know there is prob plenty of benefits to over-ride that, but I'm honestly on CB a good bit & not to fond of Bolt as a browser. So....I'll just wait it out for now.

01-25-11 10:01 AM
    Sorry you still have issues JayDee. We all kind of knew it was device/os related tho. I hope verizon doesn't give you to much crap over it as far as replacing.
    RE: PTT I just use the "BOSS" to shrink it all out. Isn't that sufficiently adequate? Certainly easy. The option is there along with all the other crap to be rid of.
    I'm up and running as of last nite and it took only a very few minutes to do it all as I had the other 431 os on and running already. All my app codes and everything saved or never left. The smoothest install yet. That said tho I don't see any diff from the other 431 only that this is verizon's "official"? Big whoop. How's everybody's mem doing? I'm at 293 and steady, very little flux. Shrinking out the start-up vid seems to save about 2.5 to 3 mb.
    As has been mentioned around the notification bar is still slow to open on first try then is fine.
    Looking forward to TB for 6!
    01-25-11 10:04 AM
    I'm at 261.35 according to QL's Device Info. I didn't shrink anything out other than PTT and help.
    01-25-11 10:07 AM
    According to QL, I'm at 276.29MB. That's a gain of about 3MB from the 398 hybrid I was running. I've still apparently not shrunk out everything.
    01-25-11 10:13 AM
    Hey Ramblers,

I just saw this post. If you have the 150MB/$15 data plan from Big Red and are looking at dropping it, or you are thinking of getting it, you might want to read this. It looks like VZW is already dumping it. Did too many folks jump on the opportunity to save some money?

Verizon tweaking low-end data plans, using '3G' distinction to upcharge for LTE -- Engadget
    01-25-11 10:19 AM
    Hey Ramblers,

I just saw this post. If you have the 150MB/$15 data plan from Big Red and are looking at dropping it, or you are thinking of getting it, you might want to read this. It looks like VZW is already dumping it. Did too many folks jump on the opportunity to save some money?

Verizon tweaking low-end data plans, using '3G' distinction to upcharge for LTE -- Engadget
    Glad I got in when I did if they're already dropping it.
    01-25-11 10:23 AM
    Sorry you still have issues JayDee. We all kind of knew it was device/os related tho. I hope verizon doesn't give you to much crap over it as far as replacing.
    RE: PTT I just use the "BOSS" to shrink it all out. Isn't that sufficiently adequate? Certainly easy. The option is there along with all the other crap to be rid of.
    I'm up and running as of last nite and it took only a very few minutes to do it all as I had the other 431 os on and running already. All my app codes and everything saved or never left. The smoothest install yet. That said tho I don't see any diff from the other 431 only that this is verizon's "official"? Big whoop. How's everybody's mem doing? I'm at 293 and steady, very little flux. Shrinking out the start-up vid seems to save about 2.5 to 3 mb.
    As has been mentioned around the notification bar is still slow to open on first try then is fine.
    Looking forward to TB for 6!
    Jim,
    I used BB BOSS to shrink out the opening vids and the PTT.
    Both remained on my device!
    It did the same on Sunday when I installed 431 over 415.
    WHY?????
    That's why I had to go back and remove them.
    But all is well right now. YAYAYAYAYAY!

Bring on the themes!

PS I hour in NO MEMORY LEAK YET
    Last edited by jaydee5799; 01-25-11 at 10:28 AM.
    01-25-11 10:24 AM
    Jim,
    I used BB BOSS to shrink out the opening vids and the PTT.
    Both remained on my device!
    It did the same on Sunday when I installed 431 over 415.
    WHY?????
    That's why I had to go back and remove them.
    But all is well right now. YAYAYAYAYAY!

Bring on the themes!
    I've had the same trouble with BB BOSS. I thought that it was something that I was doing wrong. I even updated to their v1.1 last night. No change. I had to manually remove the vids from the Java folder before I did my install.

Whoa! Did you just add "No leakage yet"? are you really going to make that call after just an hour?
    Last edited by Underway99; 01-25-11 at 10:30 AM. Reason: Whoa!
    01-25-11 10:28 AM
    I'm at 261.35 according to QL's Device Info. I didn't shrink anything out other than PTT and help.
    According to QL I'm at 283.23. I did my usual shrink.
    01-25-11 10:50 AM
23,186 ... 368369370371372 ...