Bob, check this link out from the verizon forum
    $10 DATA PLAN
    Apparently not correct information. I called and spoke to 3 different people and was told that there is a $9.99 discount for 2 years if you add a line with a smartphone, that appears to be all.
    01-22-11 07:25 PM
    Might have to try a trial of bebuzz. Not sure I need it, but everyone certainly raves about it. I hate being left out. When carrying my bold tho it's in a sheath case in shirt or shorts pocket and the led is at the wrong end to view without taking it out. Gonna do that might as well just look at the screen.
    Jim, I have the free version of Be Buzz, use it to customize ring notifications for calls. Don't care about the LED myself.
    01-22-11 07:31 PM
    Yup. The trick is to keep calling until you get it. You have to have the 1400-minute share plan, though, so there might not be much saving if you have the smaller plan for only two lines. For my five BB lines, my bill really didn't change (it dropped $5), but have the unlimited data on five phones now. I had the $15 plan on four lines, plus my son's dumbphone with no data. That went with the 700 minute-share plan for $90, and now I have the 1400-minute for $110. So, I'm spending $20 more for the base plan, I get a net discount of $5 per line for the four exising BB lines, added another BB with data for $10, and get the $9.99 share plan access fee waived. Last month, my new arrangement would have cost another $90, so I think that I did OK.
    That would not work for me, I have an older plan with 500 shared minutes for my wife and I. She currently has an LG duumbphone but I have my old Tour that I would like to upgrade her to so the cost for the device is nothing at the moment. I don't need to increase my minutes to 1400, we don't use the 500 we currently have since most of the people that we talk with for long periods are on vzw. My wife uses very few minutes at this point, I use the most because I talk to a lot of people regarding an a religious organization that we belong to and that I am on the local board for.

I have proposed to her that we activate the Tour for her, I would downgrade to the $15 plan and set her up on the same, this would end up costing us almost nothing. I would probably have to up the insurance to cover the second smartphone and I probably would add 250 txt messages to her line like I now have just to avoid her getting hit for txt mesages as she has in the past when her sister txts her.

She's thinking about it, she is thinking way to slow if you ask me, but then, who asked me!
    01-22-11 07:40 PM
    LMFAO!!!! Either you've kidnapped my husband for yourself OR you have his clone!!!HAHAHAHAHA!!!! this is mine to the tee as well!
    Quote from JayDee: HAHA! This makes me roar! My hubs refuses to get anything close to a smartphone either because it will invariably be smarter than he is!!!

I don't know about the refresh button on ty's, but my session currenlty won't let me do multiple quotes. wth is with that?

I'll have you ladies know that I have the female clone of your husbands... I can't get her to activate a phone that I have sitting on my desk and won't cost anything to obtain. The only cost being some insurance and a small txt charge. I have enven told her that she can do FB on the phone, she is into that and I have a serious aversion to it. That didn't do any good. She keeps saying she is thinking about it, she has never taken this long to make a decision since I have known her. Me thinks it's a brushoff on this subject.
    01-22-11 07:53 PM
    O.M.G. I know! I showed my hubby the glucose app that I got to keep record and he actually took interest & agreed that it was going to be a handy lil app for me. BUT, that's as far as it went!LOL
    Oh men, can't live with'em. Can't live without'em.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Applies to women toooooo.
    01-22-11 07:54 PM
    Noob question here.

(Puts on NOMEX flame-retardant suit)

Aren't PIN messages and BBMs the same thing?
    Not exactly as I understand it. PIN messages are more of an email communication where BBM is more of an instant messenger type of communication. Flameless response...
    01-22-11 08:00 PM
    Noob question here.

(Puts on NOMEX flame-retardant suit)

Aren't PIN messages and BBMs the same thing?
    Not a bad question.
    No they are assuredly NOT the same thing. While BBM uses the pin to send messages, you can also receive a message by PIN only outside of BBM; it arrices in your email inbox and it all text. It's called peer-to-peer and I would love to demo for you if you send me your pin in a PM.
    I send about 20 pin messages a day to people who request BBM icons from me.
    Jrome.brooks likes this.
    01-22-11 08:04 PM
    Not a bad question.
    No they are assuredly NOT the same thing. While BBM uses the pin to send messages, you can also receive a message by PIN only outside of BBM; it arrices in your email inbox and it all text. It's called peer-to-peer and I would love to demo for you if you send me your pin in a PM.
    i didnt know that cool
    01-22-11 08:10 PM
    Okay, I was lost and now I'm found - well, partially. But it is a GPS problem.

I'm here to ask if anyone has noticed that their gps stops functioning if the phone is not rebooted at some reasonable point. Of course, I have no idea what that point might be and have no idea what might cause the behavior.

I've got os 5.xxxx.9xxxx - whatever the latest from Verizon might be and no hybrid.

I realized that BerryWeather was not finding a gps position a few weeks ago. I tried location update. No go. I then tried gpslogger - no go. And a Status test for gps - no go. So I rebooted. Aha, a gps in all those places.

I noticed the other day that I had, guess what, no gps locale in BW again. I just rebooted on the drive home from REI and the gps is working.

So, I gather something happens to kill it after a while. My memory does not drop that much so I don't think it is specifically memory.

Ideas (hush, I don't want to be blinded by using os 6!!!!)

I am going to repost over the in the gps forum but I figured you folks needed an intellectual exercise or brain teaser.
    01-22-11 08:11 PM
    Not a bad question.
    So, somebody could send me a message using my PIN instead of a regular SMS message? How would the addressing work, say, from a Palm on WebOS? Or does it still have to be from another BlackBerry?

PIN coming shortly.

01-22-11 08:16 PM
    Hey Pink,

For future reference (or just a reminder if you already knew), there is still a thread for exchanging Mobihand coupons. Check here for coupons, and post yours here if you're not using them. 20% is 20%, right? I just bought BerryBuzz for $4.79. I can't recall when I last paid full price at Mobihand.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/mob...oupons-210997/
    ya know, I'm confused by this. My first order with Mobi, in the email they gave me a 20% code off my next 'software' purchase. Now, when I tried using this code when I purchased Fancy Chars, SmileyPack & AutoResize in one order, at the end where there's a box for the code, I put it in and it said the code was not valid for that purchase. Then when I purch'd BerryBuzz today $5.99 I tried the code again, and no good. idk what I'm doing wrong. My 'coupon code' is valid till 2/16.

01-22-11 08:17 PM
    I just posted this in another thread and wanted to share it with the "Ramblers":

Spoke with 3 different vzw folks today on another matter. I asked about BB6 release and got answers from "RIM has not released that to vzw, they are the ones that will decide when it is released" to a semi-admission that BB has ended up on the backburner at vzw.

I just thought that was intersting to get answers all over the spectrum from different CSRs. Re-affirms that they are basically useless!
    01-22-11 08:19 PM
    Apparently not correct information. I called and spoke to 3 different people and was told that there is a $9.99 discount for 2 years if you add a line with a smartphone, that appears to be all.
    ahhhh, so then the title of the thread is misleading then? I honestly didn't read far into it, I just rem something in the beginning about a $10 data plan unltd. Sorry, I hope you didn't waste to much time on reading it.

01-22-11 08:22 PM
    Quote from JayDee: HAHA! This makes me roar! My hubs refuses to get anything close to a smartphone either because it will invariably be smarter than he is!!!

I don't know about the refresh button on ty's, but my session currenlty won't let me do multiple quotes. wth is with that?

I'll have you ladies know that I have the female clone of your husbands... I can't get her to activate a phone that I have sitting on my desk and won't cost anything to obtain. The only cost being some insurance and a small txt charge. I have enven told her that she can do FB on the phone, she is into that and I have a serious aversion to it. That didn't do any good. She keeps saying she is thinking about it, she has never taken this long to make a decision since I have known her. Me thinks it's a brushoff on this subject.
    yea, wap & laptop is doing weird things today-lol. I ran out of "thank you" power I'll have to pick up on that again tomorrow
    As for your wife, you understand where jaydee & I are coming from! Lol.

01-22-11 08:27 PM
    I just posted this in another thread and wanted to share it with the "Ramblers":

Spoke with 3 different vzw folks today on another matter. I asked about BB6 release and got answers from "RIM has not released that to vzw, they are the ones that will decide when it is released" to a semi-admission that BB has ended up on the backburner at vzw.

I just thought that was intersting to get answers all over the spectrum from different CSRs. Re-affirms that they are basically useless!
    the "BIG RED" got stuck up on blackberry users now ? i hope sprint gets the storm 3 and the 9800
    01-22-11 08:27 PM
    Okay, I was lost and now I'm found - well, partially. But it is a GPS problem.

I'm here to ask if anyone has noticed that their gps stops functioning if the phone is not rebooted at some reasonable point. Of course, I have no idea what that point might be and have no idea what might cause the behavior.

I've got os 5.xxxx.9xxxx - whatever the latest from Verizon might be and no hybrid.

I realized that BerryWeather was not finding a gps position a few weeks ago. I tried location update. No go. I then tried gpslogger - no go. And a Status test for gps - no go. So I rebooted. Aha, a gps in all those places.

I noticed the other day that I had, guess what, no gps locale in BW again. I just rebooted on the drive home from REI and the gps is working.

So, I gather something happens to kill it after a while. My memory does not drop that much so I don't think it is specifically memory.

Ideas (hush, I don't want to be blinded by using os 6!!!!)

I am going to repost over the in the gps forum but I figured you folks needed an intellectual exercise or brain teaser.
    Interesting that you should post this, I have had numerous instances where BW has lost its everlovin' mind. I'm in the Austin TX area and it has told me that I was in Salena Kansas and several other places not at all close to Austin TX. I posted about it somewhere in the forums, maybe even this thread (when you get old the memory is the 2nd thing to go I hear but don't remember what the 1st was). I don't think I ever heard any response to the question, at least not a solution. A BP fixed it everytime.
    01-22-11 08:29 PM

Well, you know we are not going to worry about an official VZW because there will soon be a new hybrid or something we can try and we will be allover it like peanut butter on jelly!

Now F2 has a serious question and we have a mystery to solve...GPS
    01-22-11 08:29 PM
    So, somebody could send me a message using my PIN instead of a regular SMS message? How would the addressing work, say, from a Palm on WebOS? Or does it still have to be from another BlackBerry?

PIN coming shortly.

It's berry to berry only. The message goes through RIM's servers since they are the only ones that know how to find a berry by its PIN number. Therefore you have to be on BIS or BES to be able to use the feature.
    01-22-11 08:31 PM
    Apparently Lyricidal (sp) is on to a new leak and is looking for folks to follow on twitter. I don't do twitter so that is meaningless to me but any way, here is the thread:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f95/965...g-room-578390/

Could this be the version that vzw is/was tinkering with and will release sometime in the next 18 months? They will be busy fielding I-trash issues for at least that long.
    01-22-11 08:39 PM
    I've heard about that $10 deal before. Most people had to extend their upgrade date. My problem is I have 3 lines coming up for upgrade in March. 1 I'm keeping in case of sudden awesomeness appearing on VZW. One is my son's tired Tour that I'm sure he wants to upgrade. The last is my brother's ENV touch that is largely dysfunctional, and really must be replaced. Still I might give them a call and see what they can do.

01-22-11 08:43 PM
    It's berry to berry only. The message goes through RIM's servers since they are the only ones that know how to find a berry by its PIN number. Therefore you have to be on BIS or BES to be able to use the feature.
    Yup, Underway got it now as he sent me his pin and we exchanged a few pin messages to test out the system. Cool!!

As far as the GPS thing, I have found that BW very often REFUSES to update and I end up doing a battery pull as well. But you guys all know that with me its a memory thing. I dunno if BW is just going kaflooey or what... but I checked out my GPS and it still works even though my memory doesn't...

LMAO!!!! Whose memory DOES work around this thread?
    The young uns...Paul, RR and maybe Pink...but I dunno about her. She is going downhill fast. Belongs in this dysfunctional family.
    01-22-11 08:44 PM
    Yup, Underway got it now as he sent me his pin and we exchanged a few pin messages to test out the system. Cool!!

As far as the GPS thing, I have found that BW very often REFUSES to update and I end up doing a battery pull as well. But you guys all know that with me its a memory thing. I dunno if BW is just going kaflooey or what... but I checked out my GPS and it still works even though my memory doesn't...

The young uns...Paul, RR and maybe Pink...but I dunno about her. She is going downhill fast. Belongs in this dysfunctional family.
    Yep, at least we have Dr. Prince to help us make it through...
    01-22-11 08:49 PM

As for the gps thing, the only thing I could possibly think off, and it may be far fetched. When BW 'looses' its way, maybe its because when your out & about, you may hit a dead zone perhaps & it throws off the gsp staying locked on & the signal bounces around perhaps locking on to whatever it comes across at some point ? Just a thought.
    As for my memory.....I'm the last person you want to tell "remind me later of such & such" my memory is shot! LOL! Thanks jaydee, I'm glad I fit in you guys are a trip & have been a great help as well!

01-22-11 09:10 PM
    ahhhh, so then the title of the thread is misleading then? I honestly didn't read far into it, I just rem something in the beginning about a $10 data plan unltd. Sorry, I hope you didn't waste to much time on reading it.

This is different. The "Smartphones Talk Free" promo is not the same as the $10 unlimited data as a retention tool. The STF promo is just for the length of the two-year contract when you add a smartphone to the family share plan. The $10 unlimited data is essentially a $20 credit for sticking with Big Red. It does not expire, and you can apparently use it for a BB, WinMO, or Android plan. You have to keep the data on all the family share lines, though. The two plans CAN be combined. I have one smartphone talking free, and all five have the $20 unlimited data credit.
    01-22-11 11:02 PM

I'm not sure just how young I am, in comparison, but none of my BBs have memory issues. Four have OS6, my two Bolds with Shane's 398(415/424) hybrid and two 9330 Curves with Sprint's 415, and my daughter's Tour with 975. My BW works great, too, on all my phones. I have a mix of the free and paid versions.

JayDee, I still cannot understand just how you managed to get two Bolds from two production facilities six months apart with memory problems. Figure the odds!
    01-22-11 11:12 PM
23,186 ... 361362363364365 ...