Pink...
    Three things you HAVE to have on your Bold:

BeBuzz
    BeWeather
    and QuickLaunch...not necessarily in that order!!!!

Get thee to the mobihand store NOW and buy QL!
    Prince and I were beta testers for some of the versions and WOW!!! You gotta have it!
    Jim and Bob use it too!!!
    Yup, beta tester on the last version. Don't know how I managed before JayDee badgered me into getting it.
    01-22-11 01:05 PM
    And I thought that I had done something to my account or some other nonsense. I've seen that on my PCs and on all five of my BlackBerrys.

Yes, we've become a BlackBerry house. I was holding out until Big Red went to the $10 unlimited data. That's when they got me. On the other hand, my eleven-year old son really likes carrying a Curve. I have to pry it from his hand at night. Pre-teen heaven!
    $10 unlimited data? I thought the best plan was a limited plan at $15. PLEASE tell me what I have been missing and how you get that plan!
    01-22-11 01:08 PM
    $10 unlimited data? I thought the best plan was a limited plan at $15. PLEASE tell me what I have been missing and how you get that plan!
    Bob, check this link out from the verizon forum
    $10 DATA PLAN
    01-22-11 01:12 PM
    Now, a thanks from me. I did not know about BeBuzz and I will give it a try as well.
    jaydee was the one to bring it up, so its to her the thanks should be to
    Pink...
    Three things you HAVE to have on your Bold:

BeBuzz
    BeWeather
    and QuickLaunch...not necessarily in that order!!!!

Get thee to the mobihand store NOW and buy QL!
    Prince and I were beta testers for some of the versions and WOW!!! You gotta have it!
    Jim and Bob use it too!!!
    on another note: is there a limit of how many "Thanks" you can give out in one day?? I was giving out my "ty's" when I got to my last 3 and it took the button to click away?
    Last edited by P1nkD1am0nds; 01-22-11 at 01:20 PM.
    01-22-11 01:13 PM
    pink, berry weather has come ALONG way since it first released. there is no way that this app will give you any problems. It is hands down agreed upon by nearly everyone on the forums that berry weather is by far the best app out there. It would not have that reputation of being such a great app if it caused so many problems. My suggestion to you would be to try it out again. Its so much better and you can now change the weather icons to nearly anything you want, its a great way to customize your berry even further.
    As far as berrybuzz goes its an app that lets you customize the color of your led. Its a very handy app because you can customize the color for different types of alerts (sms, mms, bbm, email, facebook, calender, and countless other apps) and once you see a certain color you know what notification you have without having to touch your berry.
    Quicklaunch is def a must have. It is a little intimidating at first because of its unlimited possibilities, but once you get used to it you cannot live without it.
    No question that BEW is the best weather app out there. Based on what I know about it, it has been improved over time. I love it and have used it to customize my screen a little. Ya gotta give it another try, you may not even need to purchase it since you already did waaaaay back when.

thanks rr, well maybe I'll reconsider Berry Weather then. The last time I actually used it and had an issue was Nov/Dec'09.
    As for BerryBuzz, I thought that's what it was but couldn't remember! So now you know my next question about these customizable colored lights right??? Is there Pink or Purple?!?!
    As for QL, I will look into that - I'm going to have to go back & read it again because it really baffled me at how much it could do, I honestly didn't take it all in. Intimidating is right! LOL
    Thanks for taking the time to explain!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Yes, QL can be a bit intimidating with all that it does. When I first got it I was overwelmed (sp) with it. I had to tinker with it a bit to get comfortable with it. I've got so many things setup on it that I forget the shortcuts to some of them that I don't use often and have to go back and look them up. It really lets you do tons of stuff, great app.
    01-22-11 01:18 PM
    If you have a family plan, and all of your lines have smartphones, you sign up for unlimited data at $30 for each line, and you get a credit of $20 for each line. Net cost is $10. You have to call CS to get it, though. They'll have to put you through to their loyalty or retention department. Apparently this is a plan intended for them to use to try and keep folks that want to drop VZW. Don't tell them that you got this from a blog. I told them that I heard about it from somebody that I worked with.

The first person that you talk with may not know about it. Be persistant. Also, I'd wait until Monday. The retention folks work 8AM to 8PM M-F.

I had to replace my son's LG eNv3 with a Curve to get this plan, but my bill went down by adding the new BB. They gave me an early upgrade (by 17 months) on my son's line to get the BB for this plan. I had just bought it phone in September, and was not even thinking of an upgrade yet. They bent over backwards to get me on this plan. Oh, and since I made his existing line a smartphone line, his $9.99 access for the family share is also waived. Cool deal, especially since I wasn't even thinking about leaving Big Red.

Good luck
    01-22-11 01:27 PM
    Might have to try a trial of bebuzz. Not sure I need it, but everyone certainly raves about it. I hate being left out. When carrying my bold tho it's in a sheath case in shirt or shorts pocket and the led is at the wrong end to view without taking it out. Gonna do that might as well just look at the screen.
    01-22-11 01:41 PM
    ahhhh...Underway with the info hook up! I didnt know all the details thats why I posted the link, I remembered seeing this.
    01-22-11 01:44 PM
    ahhhh...Underway with the info hook up! I didnt know all the details thats why I posted the link, I remembered seeing this.

Yup. The trick is to keep calling until you get it. You have to have the 1400-minute share plan, though, so there might not be much saving if you have the smaller plan for only two lines. For my five BB lines, my bill really didn't change (it dropped $5), but have the unlimited data on five phones now. I had the $15 plan on four lines, plus my son's dumbphone with no data. That went with the 700 minute-share plan for $90, and now I have the 1400-minute for $110. So, I'm spending $20 more for the base plan, I get a net discount of $5 per line for the four exising BB lines, added another BB with data for $10, and get the $9.99 share plan access fee waived. Last month, my new arrangement would have cost another $90, so I think that I did OK.
    Last edited by Underway99; 01-22-11 at 02:11 PM.
    01-22-11 02:07 PM
    I have the fam shared plan now with 5 lines on the account, but only 3 of us have bb's, 1 Samsung Intensity and 1 LG Evn3. My hub refuses to get a bb, droid or any type of smart ph. lol. So I would never be able to take advantage of it. Oh well! Glad to see that you are able to and who ever else can
    01-22-11 02:25 PM
    I read in a post several weeks back that you could also add a data plan to an eligible phone to get the credit. I did not try it or ask about it when I called, so I cannot say with any certainty that it will work. I am confident that the Samsung and the eNv can both take a data plan. It could not hurt to call and ask.

Would your husband move to a smartphone if you could effectively get it for nothing? Remember that you'll also get the $9.99 monthly share access for those two lines waived if you make them each a smartphone line. The $10 data charge would be the only charge for those lines. So, you'd save on your exising data lines, and add two data plans, keeping your bill about the same. Big Red has some refurb BBs online for free, too (with a contract, of course).
    Last edited by Underway99; 01-22-11 at 05:30 PM.
    01-22-11 02:36 PM
    I read in a post several weeks back that you could also add a data plan to an eligible phone to get the credit. I did not try it or ask about it when I called, so I cannot say with any certainty that it will work. I am confident that the Samsung and the eNv can both take a data plan. It could not hurt to call and ask.

Would your husband move to a smartphone if you could effectively get it for nothing? Remember that you'll also get the $9.99 monthly share access for his line waived if you make his line a smartphone line. His $10 data charge would be the only charge for that line. So, you'd save on your exising data lines, and add another data plan, keeping your bill about the same. Big Red has some refurb BBs online for free, too (with a contract, of course).
    ok, thats something I didnt know about the data plan. I could look into adding the unltd data for the $10 each ph that way.

As for my husband, he's not into tech like myself and a few of my kids are. I've tried several times over the past 2yrs. to get him to try one, and he just doesnt want to. So, I think IF and WHEN he may be ready, I'll be able to help him. Will this offer still be avail...prob not. LOL.
    01-22-11 02:55 PM
    jaydee was the one to bring it up, so its to her the thanks should be to

on another note: is there a limit of how many "Thanks" you can give out in one day?? I was giving out my "ty's" when I got to my last 3 and it took the button to click away?
    I believe the limit is ten thanks a day that you can give out!
    If the button is missing, refresh your page. Mine has been disappearing on me too lately!
    01-22-11 03:15 PM
    I believe the limit is ten thanks a day that you can give out!
    If the button is missing, refresh your page. Mine has been disappearing on me too lately!
    I did refresh....i "refreshed" a few times....if i refresh anymore people are gonna start to think I'm an airfreshnerLOL
    01-22-11 03:20 PM
    I have the fam shared plan now with 5 lines on the account, but only 3 of us have bb's, 1 Samsung Intensity and 1 LG Evn3. My hub refuses to get a bb, droid or any type of smart ph. lol. So I would never be able to take advantage of it. Oh well! Glad to see that you are able to and who ever else can
    HAHA! This makes me roar! My hubs refuses to get anything close to a smartphone either because it will invariably be smarter than he is!!!

And I don't want to listen to him whine all day about what it can and can't do.

He has an LG ENV3 as well!!!!!!

PS Too bad I can't get in on the savings! I only have my phone on my account and I'd have to move up to the 1400 mins again to get the deal. So it would be a wash. Darn.
    Last edited by jaydee5799; 01-22-11 at 03:25 PM.
    01-22-11 03:21 PM
    HAHA! This makes me roar! My hubs refuses to get anything close to a smartphone either because it will invariably be smarter than he is!!!

And I don't want to listen to him whine all day about what it can and can't do.

He has an LG ENV3 as well!!!!!!
    LMFAO!!!! Either you've kidnapped my husband for yourself OR you have his clone!!!HAHAHAHAHA!!!! this is mine to the tee as well!
    01-22-11 03:24 PM
    LMFAO!!!! Either you've kidnapped my husband for yourself OR you have his clone!!!HAHAHAHAHA!!!! this is mine to the tee as well!
    Drives me to drink! Wait, so do OS upgrades! HAHA
    Says he wants the phone to make calls and maybe send a text or two.

When I show him what my berry can do he starts to swoon....
    HAHAHAHAHAHA
    01-22-11 03:27 PM
    Drives me to drink! Wait, so do OS upgrades! HAHA
    Says he wants the phone to make calls and maybe send a text or two.

When I show him what my berry can do he starts to swoon....
    HAHAHAHAHAHA
    O.M.G. I know! I showed my hubby the glucose app that I got to keep record and he actually took interest & agreed that it was going to be a handy lil app for me. BUT, that's as far as it went!LOL
    Oh men, can't live with'em. Can't live without'em.

01-22-11 05:02 PM

Oh men, can't live with'em. Can't live without'em.

Oh my! We can't continue along this line or the Ramblers will run us out!!!!
    Guys...we LOVE you!!!
    We'll be the next PAIR of guests on the Dr Prince show.
    01-22-11 05:06 PM
    Oh my! We can't continue along this line or the Ramblers will run us out!!!!
    Guys...we LOVE you!!!
    We'll be the next PAIR of guests on the Dr Prince show.
    we do love 'em!
    w00t! Bring on Dr.Prince!
    Ok, I'm off to dwld BerryBuzz

01-22-11 05:10 PM
    OH! EM! GEEZ!!!
    I have PINK & PURPLE LIGHTS!!!
    w00t! Ok, I had to share my excitement, now I have to finish customizing!!!!!!

01-22-11 05:48 PM
    OH! EM! GEEZ!!!
    I have PINK & PURPLE LIGHTS!!!
    w00t! Ok, I had to share my excitement, now I have to finish customizing!!!!!!

Great! Have fun. If you have the paid version, try the disco lights.
    You can create a custom shade as well if you want.
    01-22-11 05:57 PM
    Great! Have fun. If you have the paid version, try the disco lights.
    You can create a custom shade as well if you want.
    YES! I did get the paid version. The disco one is cool!

01-22-11 06:49 PM
    Hey Pink,

For future reference (or just a reminder if you already knew), there is still a thread for exchanging Mobihand coupons. Check here for coupons, and post yours here if you're not using them. 20% is 20%, right? I just bought BerryBuzz for $4.79. I can't recall when I last paid full price at Mobihand.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/mob...oupons-210997/
    ThePinkChameleon likes this.
    01-22-11 07:08 PM
    the trial version of BeBuzz is for only three days, I believe.
    After you try it once, you will want the paid edition...believe me!

All my calendar reminders are bright green
    All my BBMs are bright blue
    All my SMS are pink
    All my missed called are purple
    All my pin messages are bright white
    I also have two very special people set up with their own led colors for messages and phone calls. Actually disco colors and police red/blue disco

All i ever have to do is look when my phone vibrates and I know what's going on.
    Noob question here.

(Puts on NOMEX flame-retardant suit)

Aren't PIN messages and BBMs the same thing?
    01-22-11 07:13 PM
23,186 ... 360361362363364 ...