thanks and I'm sure when I do, I'll have a lot to say
    Speaking on OM, I had version 4.2 on my curve and it worked great with the tb-the Tp is similar in action. Maybe try 4.2. Just my little .02 cents
    For some reason the trackpad is the issue with om. The trackball not. The other obvious option is to go back to 5 and frollick in the wonderful world of column view and forget om altogether. I'm sure RIM will fix the web kit any day now.
    I wouldn't mind trying out 1006 just for grins and column view.
    01-20-11 12:47 PM
    JayDee, coming from winmo, you certainly know how sweet opera mini is. Especially how bad the wm oem browser was. Talking about sucking
    Yes indeed Jim! I do remember how sweet it was!
    I also remember having to reboot my MotoQ as much as my pc on my desk...LMAO
    Everytime it froze up, I would reboot and say WTF? Only to realize its a WINDOZ device!!!!!!!

I too am a bit disappointed we haven't heard yet but I am also keeping the OS I have now. My memory leak has stabilized at about 30MB a day. After 2 days it rarely drops below 50. So I guess if I actually WENT 3 days without rebooting, I wouldn't be much below 50MB down. But somewhere around that point, things get laggy and slow and scrolling gets funky and well...I reboot.

Anyone realize how long it takes the media card to index picture after a reboot? Mine takes about an hour before I can roll that track pad and fly though my pics.
    01-20-11 12:53 PM
    For some reason the trackpad is the issue with om. The trackball not. The other obvious option is to go back to 5 and frollick in the wonderful world of column view and forget om altogether. I'm sure RIM will fix the web kit any day now.
    I wouldn't mind trying out 1006 just for grins and column view.
    I think thats so weird then how its ok with the TB but not the TP....odd indeed. ok, load OS5 and frolick in column viewlol. We can hope that there will be a fix for you OS6'ers for column view soon. As for .1006, I'd love to know what the differences are between that & 975, BUT its not even avail on VzW update web for dwnldsurprise surprise.
    01-20-11 12:58 PM
    Anyone realize how long it takes the media card to index picture after a reboot? Mine takes about an hour before I can roll that track pad and fly though my pics.
    I used to see that. I found that the indexing takes a lot less time since I archived most of my media files to my PC.
    01-20-11 01:20 PM
    I used to see that. I found that the indexing takes a lot less time since I archived most of my media files to my PC.
    I think I gotta clean it off a little too.
    I had 13GB used on my card and then narrowed it down to 8...gotta go lower still? Doesn't it defeat the purpose of a 16GB card?
    01-20-11 01:23 PM
    I had 13GB used on my card and then narrowed it down to 8...gotta go lower still? Doesn't it defeat the purpose of a 16GB card?
    Does the indexing take less time if you deselect your media files from the universal search?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-20-11 01:33 PM
    Wow, no wonder I don't have that issue. I have a 2g card with 1.8 free. LOL! I only store pics(100 or so)

01-20-11 03:35 PM
    My old Palm Treo 700P and 755 both worked as TV remotes. Gotta love progress, right?

And I've got kids to fetch the beer and find the TV remote, so I'm good.
    Jeez, I had a 755p (actually still do in the closet) didn't know that the thing could act as a remote! Learn something new every day!
    01-20-11 04:35 PM
    Good morning "ramblers". I'd like to give Chitowngirl a warm welcome back. I hope we see you here more often now. Are you not somewhat surprised at how far this thread has come?
    I see no update from verizon, Wow! What a surprise!
    Seriously, I know we'd all like to have something new and better on our bolds, but do you really think that just because verizon releases it , it will fix our bugs? I;m absolutely fine running 398/415/424 and don't expect verizon's release to change much. Not that I'm not interested in it, mind you. Just keeping my expectations kinda on the low end, maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised. Column view was all I wanted for Christmas, alas, wasn't meant to be. While bolt is good, the font in bolt sucks pretty bad. I wish opera mini worked with our Track-P's, it is awesome and can run circles around bolt and the oem. I would pay money for it.
    JayDee, coming from winmo, you certainly know how sweet opera mini is. Especially how bad the wm oem browser was. Talking about sucking
    I'm fine runing .398/.415/.424 as well, the problem is that I have been running it for a couple of weeks now and itching for something else.

I have discivered a niggly little issue, when I sync/backup my device with Outlook it blows my wallpaper away. I've got my WP set though BEW and all I have to do is go back in and restore, but what the heck is going on? Anybody seen/heard anything like this?
    01-20-11 04:41 PM
    I'm fine runing .398/.415/.424 as well, the problem is that I have been running it for a couple of weeks now and itching for something else.
    I have run into much the same thing, Bob.
    I have had this OS for a few weeks, which is an eternity for me and now I have developed an "issue". Every once in a while, my phone freezes and I can't do a thing for a full minute or two. I can't move the track pad and the buttons won't work, etc. I didn't have the issue in the beginning but somehow now, it developed. I find that if I go below -30MB from the drain...t starts to happen. But it doesn't make any sense cause I still have 260MB left even after the 30 down...
    01-20-11 06:47 PM
    I have run into much the same thing, Bob.
    I have had this OS for a few weeks, which is an eternity for me and now I have developed an "issue". Every once in a while, my phone freezes and I can't do a thing for a full minute or two. I can't move the track pad and the buttons won't work, etc. I didn't have the issue in the beginning but somehow now, it developed. I find that if I go below -30MB from the drain...t starts to happen. But it doesn't make any sense cause I still have 260MB left even after the 30 down...
    Interestingly, I have had 2 or 3 instances of my device going to sleep and then going into a coma, can't wake it up no matter what I do. I have to flip it over on its tummy and remove the diaper and spank it once on my palm, re-diaper it and off it goes. Had not thought to mention is since the incidences were pretty much removed from one another, even different itterations of BB6 & BB6/Hybrid. No clue.
    01-20-11 08:14 PM
    Does vzw put something up on their press release page when they release a new official OS? I keep checking that page hoping to see something, perhaps I'm spinning my wheels because the won't be putting it there.
    01-20-11 08:28 PM
    Interestingly, I have had 2 or 3 instances of my device going to sleep and then going into a coma, can't wake it up no matter what I do. I have to flip it over on its tummy and remove the diaper and spank it once on my palm, re-diaper it and off it goes. Had not thought to mention is since the incidences were pretty much removed from one another, even different itterations of BB6 & BB6/Hybrid. No clue.
    Hey I bet you tried this already, but did you try the power button? Once in a blue moon when I put mine into standby and slip it into my pocket I find it has shut itself off. Press the power button, I get the vzw splash screen and I'm ready to go. This has happened with all the BB6 builds I have tried.

01-20-11 09:39 PM
    Well I dove back in to sprints 5/1030 for a bit. Got the itch to change up something. I figure when verizon releases It'll be that much bigger of a change for me then. If I can pull myself away from column view that is. Having themes again is fun. Checked out a couple of freebies and got reacquainted with some old friends. So how can I move this browser over there? LOL! That'd be the BB built for me. Sorry but webkit just bites me the wrong way 90% of the time. The other 10% of the time I'm not using it.
    01-20-11 09:40 PM
    Hey I bet you tried this already, but did you try the power button? Once in a blue moon when I put mine into standby and slip it into my pocket I find it has shut itself off. Press the power button, I get the vzw splash screen and I'm ready to go. This has happened with all the BB6 builds I have tried.

I punched several buttons to no avail, can't say that I held the pwr button down long enough for it to do its thing. If/when it happens again I'll try it. Thanks for the suggestion.
    01-20-11 09:45 PM
    Well I dove back in to sprints 5/1030 for a bit. Got the itch to change up something. I figure when verizon releases It'll be that much bigger of a change for me then. If I can pull myself away from column view that is. Having themes again is fun. Checked out a couple of freebies and got reacquainted with some old friends. So how can I move this browser over there? LOL! That'd be the BB built for me. Sorry but webkit just bites me the wrong way 90% of the time. The other 10% of the time I'm not using it.
    Jim, What can I say, you did it again!

I'm not leaving 415, I'm curious can you tell a difference between 975 and 1030?
    01-20-11 10:37 PM

I'm not leaving 415, I'm curious can you tell a difference between 975 and 1030?
    Yep it's fun having the variety I guess. It's been so long since I was on 975 that I'm not sure of differences between the two. 1030 is very smooth tho. I always thought the 1030 radio file to be better, not sure it's any diff, but seems better.
    Swapping os's is so quick,easy and painless. Changing it up is whats fun about being a phone gadget aficionado. I'm sure I'll jump on the verizon official to give it a spin. Almost forgot, one of my fav browser features besides column view is the fonts can be changed to different sizes. Such a simple function makes for such a better browsing experience!! WooT! I CAN SEE IT!!
    Here's a coupla screenies:
    I like my home screen clean and neat, everything via Q/L and shortcut keys.

Last edited by cbreze; 01-20-11 at 11:58 PM.
    01-20-11 11:47 PM
    Since this IS a rambling thread, I thought I might ramble on a bit about civility. My first BB was an 8900, I ordered it as soon as it became available on TMO. I spent many months on the 8900 forum, starting to read even before it became official as many bought the device from overseas and unlocked them. I don't remember coming across a thread that degraded into a carrier bashing flame war, or a my-OS-is-better, or your an ***** cuz I don't have your problem thread.
    As soon as I jumped from TMO to get the VZW tour I was immersed into a world of hostility amongst people striving toward a common goal. I tried to rationalize this, thinking of the poor souls that were dissapointed time and again with each Storm OS or factory replacement. Baggage from rough times you might say. I still use this excuse to explain the Droid Trolls we see everywhere anymore. I guess I just try to see the best in people, even when they are at their worst.
    Of course the Tour had its horrible trackball problem. It seemed that 1 in 7 were lucky enough to score a good one the first time. It took a single replacement for me to get a good one. Because I didn't trust the trackball, and my tour would be out of warranty soon, I paid retail for the Bold when it came out. Finally here is a solid device for us! Surely the bashing and petty arguements over semantics and superiority would stop?
    Apparently not. I just now read the 5.0.0.1006 thread. Ugh, what a silly waste of time trudging through a thread hoping to find a discussion of the OS. Granted, it was there, and the battling parties did come to an understanding, but why go there in the first place?
    I'm starting to think that what I had first thought was abnormal behavior based on past unhappiness is actually normal behavior, and my first experience on the 8900 thread was an accidental nirvana caused by lack of interest (8900 did seem to have fewer participants).
    This conclusion is based on the peacefullness of the 8500 thread in its first few months, but similar hostility seen in the 9700 thread at times.
    I suppose the more popular a device is, the larger chance of landing those inflammatory personalities that wreck a good discussion.
    If that's the case I will just have to endure the sillyness I see here all too often, because no way in h*ll would I be caught carrying a Style

01-21-11 04:01 AM
    jaydee, just a thought- perhaps the media card has gone bad. Ill tell you my reasoning-one of my kids has a Samsung Intensity with a media card for the pix&rt's. The card suddenly started becoming really sluuuuuuuuuuuggishhhhh. So I called CS@VzW thinking it was the ph, nope. Its the card-i tried a brand new 2gb I had laying around & it works no prob now. So just some food for thought

Last edited by P1nkD1am0nds; 01-21-11 at 03:03 PM.
    01-21-11 08:42 AM
    jaydee, just a thought- perhaps the media card has gone bad. Ill tell you my reasoning-one of my daughters has a Samsung Intensity with a media card for her pix&rt's. The card suddenly started becoming really sluuuuuuuuuuuggishhhhh. So I called CS@VzW thinking it was the ph, nope. Its her card-i tried a brand new 2gb I had laying around & it works no prob now. So just some food for thought

Daughters? Jersey?! Hmm....
    01-21-11 08:44 AM
    Does vzw put something up on their press release page when they release a new official OS? I keep checking that page hoping to see something, perhaps I'm spinning my wheels because the won't be putting it there.
    not sure Bob-i actually go onto the actual update os page and put in info as if I'm going to upgrade & then just look at the details of what os is about to be "loaded".

Last edited by P1nkD1am0nds; 01-21-11 at 09:23 AM.
    01-21-11 08:45 AM

Jim you fox! You did it again!
    Dr Prince would call that OS addiction!

Enjoy themes...I'm jealous!!!
    01-21-11 08:56 AM
    Here's a coupla screenies:
    I like my home screen clean and neat, everything via Q/L and shortcut keys.

And now I really hate you!
    I'm so jealous!
    01-21-11 08:58 AM
    jaydee, just a thought- perhaps the media card has gone bad. Ill tell you my reasoning-one of my daughters has a Samsung Intensity with a media card for her pix&rt's. The card suddenly started becoming really sluuuuuuuuuuuggishhhhh. So I called CS@VzW thinking it was the ph, nope. Its her card-i tried a brand new 2gb I had laying around & it works no prob now. So just some food for thought

One problem with that...I'm not paying for ANOTHER 16GB card.
    This one will work...I WILL MAKE IT WORK.
    01-21-11 09:01 AM
    And now I really hate you!
    I'm so jealous!
    Oh, and did I mention how sweet column view and diff browser font sizes are? LOL!!

01-21-11 09:04 AM
23,186 ... 356357358359360 ...