Gloom, despair, and agony on me
    Deep dark depression, excessive misery
    If it weren't for bad luck I'd have no luck at all

I really though I would have had a new OS to play with today. I'll load whatever, but the other 3 Bolds in the family are running official only. I looked forward to bringing them, well, forward.
    Did you participate in the Dr. Prince special last night? He was supposed to reveal some arrangements for discounted beds in a rehab facility for those adversly impacted by the lack of any news from vzw yesterday. I couldn't make it due to a prior commitment.

Truth be know he was probably reserving one of those beds for me and I didn't want to be present and have to occupy it...
    01-20-11 07:32 AM
    question: does anyone have the Auto Resize Picture app for bb? If so, how is it? Its avail for .99cents.
    01-20-11 07:35 AM
    Hey Chitowngirl, great to see you back. Pleased to hear that you are feeling better. Hope the Bo-Bo's are all better now...
    01-20-11 07:35 AM
    question: does anyone have the Auto Resize Picture app for bb? If so, how is it? Its avail for .99cents.
    Pink, I don't have this app but I have another one from the same company. The app generally works well but I find the one I have to be a little confusing to use.

I'm thinking a simple resize app would be easier to use. The one I have allows you to add text to photos, resize, rotate, crop, add drawings on top of the pictures. It got a bit confusing for me.
    01-20-11 07:46 AM
    Deep dark depression, excessive misery
    If it weren't for bad luck I'd have no luck at all

I really though I would have had a new OS to play with today. I'll load whatever, but the other 3 Bolds in the family are running official only. I looked forward to bringing them, well, forward.
    OMG!
    You need Dr. Prince and his handy 32 step down approach to freeing yourself from deep depression over you Baby Bold!

His show airs on the Essex channel every night!
    Tonight's topic: alcohol consumption and what drives us to it! LMAO
    01-20-11 07:51 AM
    Pink, I don't have this app but I have another one from the same company. The app generally works well but I find the one I have to be a little confusing to use.

I'm thinking a simple resize app would be easier to use. The one I have allows you to add text to photos, resize, rotate, crop, add drawings on top of the pictures. It got a bit confusing for me.
    ok thanks! I think I'll give this new app a shot then & see if i like it. That one you have sounds good too!
    01-20-11 07:53 AM
    OMG!
    You need Dr. Prince and his handy 32 step down approach to freeing yourself from deep depression over you Baby Bold!

His show airs on the Essex channel every night!
    Tonight's topic: alcohol consumption and what drives us to it! LMAO
    LMAO....Too funny!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-20-11 08:31 AM
    Well LOOK WHO's BACK!!!!!

Hey girl! You got my number...USE IT!!! (It's called a phone for a reason! )
    Wait -- you mean we can talk on our Bolds, too? Wow! What CAN'T you do with these amazing gadgets?

Guys: say hi to Chitowngirl. She was one of the countdown people in the Essex thread before we got our phones. We had great fun earlier this past spring!
    Hi Chitowngirl.
    01-20-11 08:50 AM
    Wait -- you mean we can talk on our Bolds, too? Wow! What CAN'T you do with these amazing gadgets?
    I LOVE to talk on my phone...
    I will talk to whomever wants to talk!!!!
    Cause I never met a convo I didn't want to have...lol
    Call me!!!!
    01-20-11 09:43 AM
    Did you participate in the Dr. Prince special last night? He was supposed to reveal some arrangements for discounted beds in a rehab facility for those adversly impacted by the lack of any news from vzw yesterday. I couldn't make it due to a prior commitment.

Truth be know he was probably reserving one of those beds for me and I didn't want to be present and have to occupy it...
    I think I want to avoid those beds. Those places have shirts that fit too tight, and lack sleeves.
    01-20-11 09:43 AM
    Well since you asked, I can't use mine as a remote for my TV, a feature I'm anxiously awaiting. Mine also won't fetch me a beer!

ATTN RIM: You've got work to do!!!!!
    01-20-11 09:48 AM
    Well since you asked, I can't use mine as a remote for my TV, a feature I'm anxiously awaiting. Mine also won't fetch me a beer!

ATTN RIM: You've got work to do!!!!!
    My old Palm Treo 700P and 755 both worked as TV remotes. Gotta love progress, right?

And I've got kids to fetch the beer and find the TV remote, so I'm good.
    01-20-11 10:11 AM
    My old Palm Treo 700P and 755 both worked as TV remotes. Gotta love progress, right?

My son is great at losing the remote, my daughter is great at finding it. If my Bold could be the remote, it'd never be lost or found

The bold fetching beer would come in handy when I have the castle to myself....lol
    01-20-11 10:16 AM
    ok. So I dwld the app "Auto Resize" I'll let you know how it is when I use it, I do see that when you resize an image, it keeps the original in your media/pixs sect but stores the resized image in its own folder so you don't have to go crazy looking for it. While I was at it, I dwld the "SmileyFaces" and "Fancy characters". Nice little $3 bucks I spent

01-20-11 11:02 AM
    ok. So I dwld the app "Auto Resize" I'll let you know how it is when I use it, I do see that when you resize an image, it keeps the original in your media/pixs sect but stores the resized image in its own folder so you don't have to go crazy looking for it. While I was at it, I dwld the "SmileyFaces" and "Fancy characters". Nice little $3 bucks I spent

I've been using Fancy Characters for a long time. Problem with that app is that it takes 3MB of memory and runs constantly in the memory. So even apps like BeWeather, BeBuzz and a few other take up LESS RAM than Fancy Characters. And I am thinking it might be the cause of my memory leak problem as well. Have suspected it for a long time.

Keep an eye on your phone resources as you use it and keep me posted Pink.

I kinda don't trust it for some reason.
    Last edited by jaydee5799; 01-20-11 at 11:13 AM.
    01-20-11 11:06 AM

My old Dell Axim worked as a remote, too!
    Loved that thing! It gave me the courage to buy a WinMo phone! LMAO
    Gosh I loved the MotoQ, too come to think of it!
    01-20-11 11:15 AM
    My old Dell Axim worked as a remote, too!
    Loved that thing! It gave me the courage to buy a WinMo phone! LMAO
    Gosh I loved the MotoQ, too come to think of it!
    I bought a Dell Axim a few years back at a swap meet. I wanted to play with a WinMo device before I took the BlackBerry plunge to replace my Treo. I'm sure glad that I dumped the Axim right into the drawer where it still resides. If you want it, for old-times' sake, I'm sure that I can get it to you.
    01-20-11 11:35 AM
    I've been using Fancy Characters for a long time. Problem with that app is that it takes 3MB of memory and runs constantly in the memory. So even apps like BeWeather, BeBuzz and a few other take up LESS RAM than Fancy Characters. And I am thinking it might be the cause of my memory leak problem as well. Have suspected it for a long time.

Keep an eye on your phone resources as you use it and keep me posted Pink.

I kinda don't trust it for some reason.
    3MB!?!?! Holy shizzzz! Ok I'll keep an eye on it, also, with that app & the smiley one, did you have to give your pin#?

01-20-11 11:37 AM
    3MB!?!?! Holy shizzzz! Ok I'll keep an eye on it, also, with that app & the smiley one, did you have to give your pin#?

I don't have the other app you're talking about, but yes, I had to give my pin for Fancy Characters I believe. On the cb store page or mobihand. Then you activate it when you first open it.
    01-20-11 11:41 AM
    Good morning "ramblers". I'd like to give Chitowngirl a warm welcome back. I hope we see you here more often now. Are you not somewhat surprised at how far this thread has come?
    I see no update from verizon, Wow! What a surprise!
    Seriously, I know we'd all like to have something new and better on our bolds, but do you really think that just because verizon releases it , it will fix our bugs? I;m absolutely fine running 398/415/424 and don't expect verizon's release to change much. Not that I'm not interested in it, mind you. Just keeping my expectations kinda on the low end, maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised. Column view was all I wanted for Christmas, alas, wasn't meant to be. While bolt is good, the font in bolt sucks pretty bad. I wish opera mini worked with our Track-P's, it is awesome and can run circles around bolt and the oem. I would pay money for it.
    JayDee, coming from winmo, you certainly know how sweet opera mini is. Especially how bad the wm oem browser was. Talking about sucking
    01-20-11 11:47 AM
    I don't have the other app you're talking about, but yes, I had to give my pin for Fancy Characters I believe. On the cb store page or mobihand. Then you activate it when you first open it.
    yep, that's exactly what I had to do-same for SmileyFaces app. In the MobiHand App store it asks for the pin I also had to give the pin# for the ReSize App also.

01-20-11 11:49 AM
    Cbreze, I also checked VzW this morn and no update avail. I'm actually not surpirsed either. Oh well.....Honestly, I'm happy with .975-its running very smoothly on my Bold I don't wanna mess with science, lol.

01-20-11 11:51 AM
    ...Just keeping my expectations kinda on the low end, maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised. Column view was all I wanted for Christmas, alas, wasn't meant to be. While bolt is good, the font in bolt sucks pretty bad. I wish opera mini worked with our Track-P's, it is awesome and can run circles around bolt and the oem. I would pay money for it.
    JayDee, coming from winmo, you certainly know how sweet opera mini is. Especially how bad the wm oem browser was. Talking about sucking
    I saw in another thread that the older version of Opera Mini supposedly works OK with the Bold's TP. Not the current build or beta that's floating around, but the older released version (v5, maybe). I don't have the link, but it was here in a CB forum.
    01-20-11 12:00 PM
    I saw in another thread that the older version of Opera Mini supposedly works OK with the Bold's TP. Not the current build or beta that's floating around, but the older released version (v5, maybe). I don't have the link, but it was here in a CB forum.
    I saw that also and not sure what they're smokin' but it didn't work for me. I tried every version of om. Same results. I read one post where a guy was fine with om as is and navigated around using the keyed menu feature. Sheesh! I'd sooner use anything else. 4 for up 5 for down etc. I've concluded as is with alot of things everyone's level of tolerance is not the same.

Cbreze, I also checked VzW this morn and no update avail. I'm actually not surpirsed either. Oh well.....Honestly, I'm happy with .975-its running very smoothly on my Bold I don't wanna mess with science, lol.
    Pink, enjoy yourself with that wonderful column view option. I'll be interested to hear how you like the web kit when you do finally upgrade.
    Last edited by cbreze; 01-20-11 at 12:31 PM.
    01-20-11 12:29 PM
    I saw that also and not sure what they're smokin' but it didn't work for me. I tried every version of om. Same results. I read one post where a guy was fine with om as is and navigated around using the keyed menu feature. Sheesh! I'd sooner use anything else. 4 for up 5 for down etc. I've concluded as is with alot of things everyone's level of tolerance is not the same.

Pink, enjoy yourself with that wonderful column view option. I'll be interested to hear how you like the web kit when you do finally upgrade.
    thanks and I'm sure when I do, I'll have a lot to say
    Speaking on OM, I had version 4.2 on my curve and it worked great with the tb-the Tp is similar in action. Maybe try 4.2. Just my little .02 cents

01-20-11 12:42 PM
23,186 ... 355356357358359 ...