aaahhhhhhh. Ty Underway Well, I don't plan on building hybrids anytime soon, so I won't need to use that function
    I honestly didn't spend any time on the site last night after I backed up my apps, hopefully I'll get some time tonight to look this over. Thanks for the link Underway

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I use BBSAK a lot for backing up my cods and for loading OSes. Its a great program to have and use.

I also use it for deleting cods from an install. Very powerful program.
    01-18-11 03:18 PM
    Underway, how's the browser on your OS6 treating you these days?
    I am doing ok with Bolt. I am surprised I didn't realize it sooner but I like it more than the native one.
    No complaints, JayDee. I get column view if the browser detects a mobile site, and the same problems that you have if it's a regular (desktop) site.

CB mobile view:

CB default view:

Do you still have problems if you are looking at a mobile site? I could not get Bolt to open a mobile site, just the regular ones.
    Last edited by Underway99; 01-18-11 at 03:30 PM.
    01-18-11 03:26 PM
    I use BBSAK a lot for backing up my cods and for loading OSes. Its a great program to have and use.

Good for quickly transferring screenshots as well.

See, JayDee? I can be taught!
    01-18-11 03:28 PM
    No complaints, JayDee. I get column view if the browser detects a mobile site, and the same problems that you have if it's a regular (desktop) site.

Do you still have problems if you are looking at a mobile site? I could not get Bolt to open a mobile site, just the regular ones.
    So wait, do I have to set my native browser a certain way for it to recognize a mobile site?

It doesn't recognize cb as a mobile site on my phone. Are there settings for this? I can't believe I have so much trouble with this browser...
    01-18-11 03:30 PM
    aaahhhhhhh. Ty Underway Well, I don't plan on building hybrids anytime soon, so I won't need to use that function
    I honestly didn't spend any time on the site last night after I backed up my apps, hopefully I'll get some time tonight to look this over. Thanks for the link Underway

Ask and ye shall receive...

From the front page:
    http://crackberry.com/blackberry-swi...advanced-users
    01-18-11 03:33 PM
    So wait, do I have to set my native browser a certain way for it to recognize a mobile site?

It doesn't recognize cb as a mobile site on my phone. Are there settings for this? I can't believe I have so much trouble with this browser...
    I couldn't do it with Bolt, either. What happens when you just type http://m.crackberry.com into the native browser? Or, when you've opened a regular page, look for a link to a mobile version of the page. Often it's at the bottom, buried in the legalese stuff that we typically ignore.

If you're using Shao's CB launcher to open CB, it defaults to the mobile view.

OBTW, I don't know of any special settings for my browser. Recall that we compared browser settings over the weekend, and we were both set up the same way.
    Last edited by Underway99; 01-18-11 at 03:44 PM.
    01-18-11 03:37 PM

Well honestly on my last bb (8330) I didn't load any paid apps or OS's so I never loaded BbSak onto my desktop. But now that I'm getting even more comfortable (aft 2+yrs-lol) with using bb I'm loading more stuff on that I want to be able to back up etc. and eventually at some point I will need to load an OS I've always heard it great to have & looking at the menu last night, it does seem simpler to use than DM as far as needing to load an OS, but I've never done it so when I do I'm sure I'll know what will work best for me. ok sorry for rambling on....

01-18-11 03:44 PM
    Well honestly on my last bb (8330) I didn't load any paid apps or OS's so I never loaded BbSak onto my desktop. But now that I'm getting even more comfortable (aft 2+yrs-lol) with using bb I'm loading more stuff on that I want to be able to back up etc. and eventually at some point I will need to load an OS I've always heard it great to have & looking at the menu last night, it does seem simpler to use than DM as far as needing to load an OS, but I've never done it so when I do I'm sure I'll know what will work best for me. ok sorry for rambling on....

Essex-Post-Release-RAMBLINGS, right? Ramble on!
    01-18-11 03:47 PM
    Essex-Post-Release-RAMBLINGS, right? Ramble on!
    ha!ha!ha!ha!ha! & I typed that with no pun intended! LOL

01-18-11 03:49 PM
    I've tried m.crackberry.com and it seems no different to me. Nothing that looks like column view. Is there something else to enable? Like JayDee said, on the browser perhaps?

On another note: I was out and about today and walked by a t-mobile shop. I had a nice 9 year relationship with them so I stop in every so often when handy. I tried out the 9780 on their 3G network and found it to be no different than my 9650 as far as speed, seemed the same to me. I loaded CB up and found it to be just as laggy of a load as on my 9650(gotta be a cb thing).
    I also checked out a samsung vibrant. The screen size and resolution is absolutely amazing to an old guy who has trouble reading my BB font with glasses on. I loaded CB up on that and what a difference, fast,fast,fast! I wish I liked touch screens more. I never quite get past the learning curve before I get frustrated with it. The kb was weird as usual. I type a test email and end with cya and of course it types cyan. Hate that auto text.
    I need a bigger screen tho, I'm having a hard time dealing with 2.4" for browsing. Got an upgrade coming this May. What to do?
    Side note: Tried a wp7 while there, one word sums that up: YUCK!
    I wish BB would come out with something a tad bigger in the screen dept.
    As I do more traveling in my retired life, I might get better use out of a larger screen device. Even if verizon just gets the torch with it's bigger screen and all, I guess AT+T will get torch2 maybe. So why get torch1? Got 4 months to consider my options. I miss GSM for all they offer, but don't miss their crappier coverage.
    Just me rambling,
    ciao
    01-18-11 04:31 PM
    I've tried m.crackberry.com and it seems no different to me. Nothing that looks like column view. Is there something else to enable? Like JayDee said, on the browser perhaps?
    What happens if you clear your browser cache, then try the mobile site?
    01-18-11 04:37 PM
    What happens if you clear your browser cache, then try the mobile site?
    O.K, I've been here before and have to enable the forum default view to get the magnifying glass. This type of column view is unviewable for my eyes w/glasses unless you alt/trackpad to zoom, then I'm off the page and having to scroll again. Still the issue tho is for me anyway, font that is to small to read, yeah it's formed into a column, but to read it I have to zoom and I'm needing to scroll again. Also, the magnifying glass is vanished until you enable the forum default view, and doing so knocks me back to the non mobile site anyway. Bolt is still the better option for at least this site, bolt's font is kinda small to tho, so I dunno know what the easy solution is. Get a phone with a bigger screen maybe. I just don't think these tiny screens were meant for a nice browsing experiences.
    01-18-11 04:54 PM
    O.K, I've been here before and have to enable the forum default view to get the magnifying glass. This type of column view is unviewable for my eyes w/glasses unless you alt/trackpad to zoom, then I'm off the page and having to scroll again. Still the issue tho is for me anyway, font that is to small to read, yeah it's formed into a column, but to read it I have to zoom and I'm needing to scroll again. Also, the magnifying glass is vanished until you enable the forum default view, and doing so knocks me back to the non mobile site anyway. Bolt is still the better option for at least this site, bolt's font is kinda small to tho, so I dunno know what the easy solution is. Get a phone with a bigger screen maybe. I just don't think these tiny screens were meant for a nice browsing experiences.
    I have to agree that BB just does not present the best browsing experience. Admittedly, the Bold (and BBOS in general) just wasn't designed for the full featured use of the Internet. Some folks have said that the browser looks and works substantially better in landscape mode on the Torch. Unfortunately, it is still the same browser with just a bigger screen. I sure would like to see one of those for Big Red, though, just to find out for myself.
    01-18-11 05:05 PM
    I have to agree that BB just does not present the best browsing experience. Admittedly, the Bold (and BBOS in general) just wasn't designed for the full featured use of the Internet. Some folks have said that the browser looks and works substantially better in landscape mode on the Torch. Unfortunately, it is still the same browser with just a bigger screen. I sure would like to see one of those for Big Red, though, just to find out for myself.
    I tried a torch a couple of months ago and liked the bigger screen. I was rushed and forgot to try CB on the browser. The people I was with were not phone device fanatics. The kb was not bad imo as some have said they thought it not so great. All in all I'd probably not want to waste an upgrade on one.
    01-18-11 05:13 PM
    This BlackBerry is fine for the limited mobile browsing that I do here. Maybe my expectations WRT mobile Internet were low since I moved to BlackBerry from a Palm Treo, which was several years behind even RIM's mobile browsing effort

01-18-11 05:46 PM
    On another note: I was out and about today and walked by a t-mobile shop. I had a nice 9 year relationship with them so I stop in every so often when handy. I tried out the 9780 on their 3G network and found it to be no different than my 9650 as far as speed, seemed the same to me. I loaded CB up and found it to be just as laggy of a load as on my 9650(gotta be a cb thing).
    I also checked out a samsung vibrant. The screen size and resolution is absolutely amazing to an old guy who has trouble reading my BB font with glasses on. I loaded CB up on that and what a difference, fast,fast,fast! I wish I liked touch screens more. I never quite get past the learning curve before I get frustrated with it. The kb was weird as usual. I type a test email and end with cya and of course it types cyan. Hate that auto text.
    I need a bigger screen tho, I'm having a hard time dealing with 2.4" for browsing. Got an upgrade coming this May. What to do?
    Side note: Tried a wp7 while there, one word sums that up: YUCK!
    I wish BB would come out with something a tad bigger in the screen dept.
    As I do more traveling in my retired life, I might get better use out of a larger screen device. Even if verizon just gets the torch with it's bigger screen and all, I guess AT+T will get torch2 maybe. So why get torch1? Got 4 months to consider my options. I miss GSM for all they offer, but don't miss their crappier coverage.
    Just me rambling,
    ciao
    Jim,
    Don't go to the darkside, don't!!!!
    01-18-11 05:48 PM
    Here's a strange one. Ok so most of us here have the FontCollection app. I just went thru it and changed my font for the 5th time since yesterday.
    I now decided on "East Market" and would you believe, when viewing my bbm contacts, including mine that have special/funky fonts, it will not recognize it so it actually looks like blanks spaces in between the 'normal' characters. Anyone else notice this? So far the ones I've tried, Cavier Dreams, Bloody, Sansation, Lemon Chicken don't do this.

01-18-11 06:08 PM
    Here's a strange one. Ok so most of us here have the FontCollection app. I just went thru it and changed my font for the 5th time since yesterday.
    I now decided on "East Market" and would you believe, when viewing my bbm contacts, including mine that have special/funky fonts, it will not recognize it so it actually looks like blanks spaces in between the 'normal' characters. Anyone else notice this? So far the ones I've tried, Cavier Dreams, Bloody, Sansation, Lemon Chicken don't do this.
    I haven't sampled that many of the fonts yet, but have had no issue with them.
    There's one called bloody?
    01-18-11 06:15 PM
    I haven't sampled that many of the fonts yet, but have had no issue with them.
    There's one called bloody?
    LOL! YES! Its very Halloween-ish!

01-18-11 06:26 PM
    On the subject of fonts anybody want to take a stab at the question: Why is it no matter what your browser font settings are set at your font is one size. Either so tiny it's impossible to read without zooming and the dreaded scrolling. Or if you get lucky and hit column view they are so huge as to be ridiculous?
    I mean c'mon RIM fix it already.
    01-18-11 06:32 PM
    On the subject of fonts anybody want to take a stab at the question: Why is it no matter what your browser font settings are set at your font is one size. Either so tiny it's impossible to read without zooming and the dreaded scrolling. Or if you get lucky and hit column view they are so huge as to be ridiculous?
    I mean c'mon RIM fix it already.
    Because the fonts we control are system fonts and the browser must not be part of the system...lol

I dunno. When I change fonts with the Font App, all the fonts change on the whole dang phone except the browser!

So weird huh?

Don't you hate the large size; cause then you have to go back and try to get the page focused again at just the right size. Most of the time I can't get it to work. I stopped using the web altogether until I loaded Bolt.
    Last edited by jaydee5799; 01-18-11 at 06:44 PM.
    01-18-11 06:42 PM
    LOL! YES! Its very Halloween-ish!

Yeah, why they included stupid fonts like that I'll never know. They are way too outlandish and large to be included in a PHONE app collection, no? I mean, who wants to use a font that only allows three letters on the screen at a time? lol

I have added a could more professional fonts or ones that have a little flair to them but aren't really crazy. Wish the app included more of those but good thing we can go get our own.
    01-18-11 06:47 PM
    You realize I'm referring to the fonts setting in the browser options right? Set it to any number and it stays the same. Oh well, I'm sure verizon will make certain this is fixed before the os6 release. LOL!

01-18-11 06:53 PM
    You realize I'm referring to the fonts setting in the browser options right? Set it to any number and it stays the same. Oh well, I'm sure verizon will make certain this is fixed before the os6 release. LOL!

Yes, that's what I'm saying. The browser fonts don't change it and the system fonts don't either. Isn't it part of the phone's system? LMAO

They won't fix it. VZW will release a browser just as bad as what we're running. I have no faith in a better release sad to say.
    01-18-11 06:59 PM
    Because the fonts we control are system fonts and the browser must not be part of the system...lol

I dunno. When I change fonts with the Font App, all the fonts change on the whole dang phone except the browser!

So weird huh?
    Didn't RIM absorb the company that made what is now the WebKit browser? If so, that may be why the only fonts that don't change are those in the browser.
    01-18-11 07:17 PM
23,186 ... 353354355356357 ...