cbreze, which font app do you have? I was considering one as well, CB had it featured on its front page a few weeks back-is that the one? & how is it the Bold?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    This is the Font Collection:
    FontCollection - Utilities BlackBerry Apps

Been using it for a while and its great!!!
    Makes the system fonts look so much better. And you can install and uninstall fonts at will to save space.
    ThePinkChameleon likes this.
    01-17-11 11:41 AM
    This is the Font Collection:
    FontCollection - Utilities BlackBerry Apps

Been using it for a while and its great!!!
    Makes the system fonts look so much better. And you can install and uninstall fonts at will to save space.
    Tyvm jaydee! I will check this out

01-17-11 11:47 AM
    Tyvm jaydee! I will check this out

Yeah, thats the one. Def worth the .99
    Unfortunately it does not help browser font tho. Try it, still worth it.
    01-17-11 12:15 PM
    I wish some version of opera mini or mobile would work with our trackpads. It is a far superior browser to bolt and webkit imo anyway. I've tried them all and talk about frustrating! Some claim they get it to work, but I think it's what your level of toleration is with the funkiness of the trackpad. I agree with the webkit being a major disappointment. It was so hyped to, which made the let down all the greater.
    I wish bolt had a larger font setting tho, even 3xxx is to small for my liking. If any of you bolt noobs can figure that out.....I thought I read somewhere that some big wig at RIM said something about major changes coming to web kit and one would be column view. Might have been dreaming. Hope it was real. Maybe when's fly.
    Maybe the improved browser is in BB6.1 which is slated to be released later this year. That would be nice, Bolt I think will work until then.

I had originally set my font to "Large", just changed it to 3XLarge and if there is any difference I can't notice it. It is acceptable at the size that I am seeing and certainly much better than the WebKit.
    01-17-11 12:22 PM
    Yeah, thats the one. Def worth the .99
    Unfortunately it does not help browser font tho. Try it, still worth it.
    forgive me for not knowing this, but can I access that link jaydee posted for me from my bb, pay for it & then it'll dwnld ota? I've never ordered from the mobi store b4.

Last edited by P1nkD1am0nds; 01-17-11 at 02:29 PM.
    01-17-11 02:23 PM
    yeah with a credit card. I think they want you to set up an acct. which you may as well do for future D/L's. and yes to ota.

01-17-11 02:27 PM
    yeah with a credit card. I think they want you to set up an acct. which you may as well do for future D/L's. and yes to ota.

ok tyvm cbreze. In the past I've never put any apps on my bb's really except free ones like Poynt, OM, Bolt, etc. So that's why I didn't know.
    And as much as I'm enjoying my Bold, I want to enjoy more stuff

01-17-11 02:31 PM
    @PD, They are excellent to do business with and their site stores all your app codes and info. You set up a password to access. I have about 30 items on my page there, alot of themes I can't use, but all my apps have the codes right there so it's real easy to reinput them after an OS change. You can put a link in your browser if you want,(recommended) Enjoy!

01-17-11 02:37 PM
    @PD, They are excellent to do business with and their site stores all your app codes and info. You set up a password to access. I have about 30 items on my page there, alot of themes I can't use, but all my apps have the codes right there so it's real easy to reinput them after an OS change. You can put a link in your browser if you want,(recommended) Enjoy!

this is good to know. I plan on making an account so I have it when I want to purchase/dwnld something. I will add it to my bookmarks & thanks-i will enjoy! I appreciate your help

01-17-11 02:44 PM
    w00t! I've installed FontCollections & I'm currently using 'Cavier Dreams' as my font! Tyvm jaydee & cbreze for the link/help and jaydee I see what you mean by being able to chose want you want to install or not install! What a neat little app to really personalize your bb and at .99cents that's a steal!

01-17-11 03:47 PM
    w00t! I've installed FontCollections & I'm currently using 'Cavier Dreams' as my font! Tyvm jaydee & cbreze for the link/help and jaydee I see what you mean by being able to chose want you want to install or not install! What a neat little app to really personalize your bb and at .99cents that's a steal!

You can also add your own fonts. I've searched the web and found a few to my liking and then added them to my BB using FontCollection. Great little app!!!!
    01-17-11 04:09 PM
    You can also add your own fonts. I've searched the web and found a few to my liking and then added them to my BB using FontCollection. Great little app!!!!
    Yes Ellie!!!
    I found a great site with TONS of fonts and you can add whatever you want to your BB.

Here are some sites:
    1001 Free Fonts - Download Free Fonts for Windows and Macintosh
    SimplytheBest Free Fonts
    Download Free Fonts

The last one is my favorite place to look!
    01-17-11 04:26 PM
    oooooh wow! That's cool! Yes, it is quite a neat little app!

01-17-11 04:47 PM
    Yes Ellie!!!
    I found a great site with TONS of fonts and you can add whatever you want to your BB.

Here are some sites:
    SimplytheBest Free Fonts
    Download Free Fonts

Thanks for sharing these jaydee

01-17-11 04:48 PM
    Yes Ellie!!!

Here are some sites:
    SimplytheBest Free Fonts
    Download Free Fonts

Hi jaydee,

Thanks for listing some more links. I already have used "Download Free Font" link. Some of my favorite fonts are: Chinacat...Mcgannahan and Technical. Even my BerryWeather is sporting my favorite font!!
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    01-17-11 04:53 PM
    And Jim had the best idea.
    Buy your apps from Mobihand and keep the link handy in your browser so you can re-register each app after an OS upgrade.

I actually copy my keycodes and paste them in a memo and that way I don't have to go to the web when I want to use them.

Mobihand is a great place to buy your apps.
    01-17-11 04:54 PM
    Hi jaydee,

Thanks for listing some more links. I already have used "Download Free Font" link. Some of my favorite fonts are: Chinacat...Mcgannahan and Technical. Even my BerryWeather is sporting my favorite font!!
    I grabbed Technical Italic!
    Wow. Love it!
    I also found my Star Trek old-school font!
    I'm gonna put that on my BB as well!
    Neat!!!

Ellie thanks for the font!!
    I'm using it as my system font now and I love it!!!
    Last edited by jaydee5799; 01-17-11 at 06:04 PM.
    Mojave likes this.
    01-17-11 05:10 PM
    ok I have a question for ye'wiser than me bb users.
    I just loaded BBSAK onto my laptop to back up my 3rd party apps, now that I'm adding more & more onto my Bold. After I was done, which went w/o a hitch, I 'ejected' my bb from the drive, but in the BbSak menu, I noticed an option to 'dump phone' What the heck does that do for the phone exactly?

01-18-11 02:14 PM
    I just loaded BBSAK onto my laptop to back up my 3rd party apps, now that I'm adding more & more onto my Bold. After I was done, which went w/o a hitch, I 'ejected' my bb from the drive, but in the BbSak menu, I noticed an option to 'dump phone' What the heck does that do for the phone exactly?

I don't think I've seen that before. But it sounds like something you don't want to do!
    01-18-11 02:21 PM
    The past couple of weeks my screen hasa been dimming in bright lite. This is bugging the crap outta me. Don't like this one bit. I double check settings and find the auto dim feature still disabled and screen brite set to 100. I hope the next os upgrade fixes this issue.

01-18-11 02:36 PM
    I don't think I've seen that before. But it sounds like something you don't want to do!
    I know! Lmao! But I would like to know what the purpose of that function is.

01-18-11 02:55 PM

From the BBSAK FAQ: Dump phone is a function that is designed for hybrid building. It will save every COD on your device to your computer.

Check this link for an explanation of all the BBSAK features: BlackBerry Swiss Army Knife
    01-18-11 02:56 PM
    The past couple of weeks my screen hasa been dimming in bright lite. This is bugging the crap outta me. Don't like this one bit. I double check settings and find the auto dim feature still disabled and screen brite set to 100. I hope the next os upgrade fixes this issue.

My daughters S2 does this also on occassion & her autodim is OFF as well. I don't think this has happened with my Bold tho. I know this may not correct the issue, and you've prob already tried, but maybe a batt pull?

01-18-11 02:59 PM
    From the BBSAK FAQ: Dump phone is a function that is designed for hybrid building. It will save every COD on your device to your computer.

Check this link for an explanation of all the BBSAK features: BlackBerry Swiss Army Knife
    aaahhhhhhh. Ty Underway Well, I don't plan on building hybrids anytime soon, so I won't need to use that function
    I honestly didn't spend any time on the site last night after I backed up my apps, hopefully I'll get some time tonight to look this over. Thanks for the link Underway

01-18-11 03:02 PM

Underway, how's the browser on your OS6 treating you these days?
    I am doing ok with Bolt. I am surprised I didn't realize it sooner but I like it more than the native one.
    01-18-11 03:02 PM
23,186 ... 352353354355356 ...