Pink Diamonds,
    I posted pics of my new case here. http://forums.crackberry.com/f172/es.../index589.html

Take a look!
    01-16-11 06:17 PM
    I wonder if the OP of this thread ever checks in here and surprised his thread is still going on ever since 2009 lol
    MJ, we have looked high and low for Tourboy!
    Do you know anything about him?
    Do you know if he changed his name and is still here?
    We are keeping the thread alive! With a mod's blessing; as long as we keep it on topic.

Ramble on...
    01-16-11 06:24 PM
    Well, remember, this is the Upcoming/Rumored BlackBerry Smartphones forum so nothing is set and it is all speculation.

However, hopefully as we get closer, information will be more definite.
    Tourboy's last post I think from 5/8/10
    Don't believe he's been heard from since.
    Maybe he's working for Apple and has an iphone on AT+T.
    Hey , just speculating
    Speculation#2: He went to the darkside, got an iphone, loves it so much and he's too embarrassed to admit it back here on the essex forum.
    Last edited by cbreze; 01-16-11 at 06:31 PM.
    01-16-11 06:28 PM

Ok Ramblers, here is my new phone case!
    Bob, do you think that is enough bling for a Queen? LOL
    It's purple, too!

I think tomorrow night I may change my OS. Have had this one for over a week. Getting stale...
    OMG! I loooove it! Enjoy it JayDee!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-16-11 06:41 PM
    Pink Diamonds,
    I posted pics of my new case here. http://forums.crackberry.com/f172/es.../index589.html

Take a look!
    I did! I don't know how in bloody ell I missed your pix! I love it!

01-16-11 06:46 PM
    MJ, we have looked high and low for Tourboy!
    Do you know anything about him?
    Do you know if he changed his name and is still here?
    We are keeping the thread alive! With a mod's blessing; as long as we keep it on topic.

Ramble on...
    Jaydee, With all the conspiracies around these days, I have my own. I think that maybe Tourboy did change his name and is still checking in. What do you think?

01-16-11 07:30 PM
    I'm thinking if we actually wrote the script for that first episode of the Dr Prince Show, it might win an EMMY!!!!
    I'm in! I will bring all my purple cases, too and Pink Diamonds and I can do show and tell, and model the new accessories.
    After all, who wants a naked Baby Bold???

ME!

10Char..
    01-16-11 08:14 PM
    +1 for the naked Baby Bold!
    01-16-11 08:17 PM
    Jaydee, With all the conspiracies around these days, I have my own. I think that maybe Tourboy did change his name and is still checking in. What do you think?

Yep, and he got a Samsung Facinate!
    01-16-11 08:18 PM
    OK, I give! Where do you get the Bolt Browser?
    01-16-11 09:00 PM
    here ya go Bo its in the bb apps forum.
    BlackBerry OTA Apps

01-16-11 09:17 PM
    Bob! You to? Well, I never woulda thunk it. JayDee and Bob both "unbolted" tsk,tsk.
    I think I was still at noob status and sporting the bolt browser. As a matter of interest, your getting the newer version. It started out a bit more crude. It's been improved!

+2 for nakedness. No Foo Foo cases for the manly bold.
    Last edited by cbreze; 01-16-11 at 11:51 PM.
    01-16-11 11:43 PM
    here ya go Bo its in the bb apps forum.
    BlackBerry OTA Apps

Got it, thanks.
    01-17-11 12:37 AM
    Only way to go, OEM case protects my baby very nicely.

Bob! You to? Well, I never woulda thunk it. JayDee and Bob both "unbolted" tsk,tsk.
    I think I was still at noob status and sporting the bolt browser. As a matter of interest, your getting the newer version. It started out a bit more crude. It's been improved!

+2 for nakedness. No Foo Foo cases for the manly bold.
    I knew Bolt was out there, kept holding out for WebKit. What a disapointment, finaly gave up on it for the moment so I'm trying Bolt. Have not had time to mess with it much as yet.

Yep, manly bold is it. Besides, I don't need a case to protect my baby. I don't carry it in my pocket, unless I'm at home wearing a pair of lounging PJs and there is nothing else in the pocket. Otherwise it is in its OEM case. I don't throw it around, drop it or anything else that would damage it. In other words, I take good care of it.
    01-17-11 12:43 AM
    just loaded bolt up myself. much nicer for viewing the forum. Where is autotext though?

01-17-11 01:34 AM
    just loaded bolt up myself. much nicer for viewing the forum. Where is autotext though?

Options/typing and input/word substitution
    01-17-11 08:19 AM
    Options/typing and input/word substitution
    I knew where to find autotext on my BB, I was wondering why the autotext doesnt work when replying to a forum using bolt see that was 3 spaces and no period or capital after. It's frustrating having to all the puncuation for myself. Why yes I am spoiled!

01-17-11 08:41 AM
    I knew where to find autotext on my BB, I was wondering why the autotext doesnt work when replying to a forum using bolt see that was 3 spaces and no period or capital after. It's frustrating having to all the puncuation for myself. Why yes I am spoiled!

Sorry Skyboxer!
    Yes it doesn't work in Bolt and neither does the punctuation thing. Sorry!
    But I'll trade the easier to read fonts for those features any day!
    01-17-11 08:49 AM
    Got it, thanks.

Your very welcome

01-17-11 08:50 AM
    I knew Bolt was out there, kept holding out for WebKit. What a disapointment, finaly gave up on it for the moment so I'm trying Bolt. Have not had time to mess with it much as yet.
    I wish some version of opera mini or mobile would work with our trackpads. It is a far superior browser to bolt and webkit imo anyway. I've tried them all and talk about frustrating! Some claim they get it to work, but I think it's what your level of toleration is with the funkiness of the trackpad. I agree with the webkit being a major disappointment. It was so hyped to, which made the let down all the greater.
    I wish bolt had a larger font setting tho, even 3xxx is to small for my liking. If any of you bolt noobs can figure that out.....I thought I read somewhere that some big wig at RIM said something about major changes coming to web kit and one would be column view. Might have been dreaming. Hope it was real. Maybe when's fly.
    01-17-11 10:33 AM
    I wish some version of opera mini or mobile would work with our trackpads. It is a far superior browser to bolt and webkit imo anyway. I've tried them all and talk about frustrating! Some claim they get it to work, but I think it's what your level of toleration is with the funkiness of the trackpad. I agree with the webkit being a major disappointment. It was so hyped to, which made the let down all the greater.
    I wish bolt had a larger font setting tho, even 3xxx is to small for my liking. If any of you bolt noobs can figure that out.....I thought I read somewhere that some big wig at RIM said something about major changes coming to web kit and one would be column view. Might have been dreaming. Hope it was real. Maybe when's fly.
    Oh gosh, I hope so!
    About all we need is column view and larger fonts and we are set!
    Now about the font size: I see there is a spot to install a font.
    I bought the font collection app for the berry and there are some great fonts which I use. It changes all the system fonts to whatever I want. It DOES NOT affect the web browser tho.

So I'm thinking, if there's a way to get a True Type font somewhere on my card that the Bolt browser will recognize to install...Maybe we can have a larger font. May be impossible but I will look into it. Maybe Bolt's web help will suggest how to add fonts....
    01-17-11 10:43 AM
    Oh gosh, I hope so!
    About all we need is column view and larger fonts and we are set!
    Now about the font size: I see there is a spot to install a font.
    I bought the font collection app for the berry and there are some great fonts which I use. It changes all the system fonts to whatever I want. It DOES NOT affect the web browser tho.

So I'm thinking, if there's a way to get a True Type font somewhere on my card that the Bolt browser will recognize to install...Maybe we can have a larger font. May be impossible but I will look into it. Maybe Bolt's web help will suggest how to add fonts....
    I agree column view in this browser would make it perfect for me. Funny, but as I go thru my several forum sites CB is the only one that has such a struggle to text wrap. All the others it is easy to get the text wrap feature to work and it is pretty fast. Just CB, Hmmmmm....
    Did you see the font selection in bolt? One choice, but if we could figure out how to add at least we could get easier to read font if not bigger. I also use that font app and like it alot. $.99 was never better spent.
    Sounds like your on the case, I will also see if I can figure anything out.
    Maybe bolt will gift us with another upgrade, I'm going to see if I can email them re the font issue.
    01-17-11 10:53 AM
    Here are some Bolt shortcuts:

What BlackBerry-specific features does BOLT offer?

BOLT employs the following common BlackBerry shortcuts:
    - Press the Space key to insert a period (.) in the URL address bar
    - Press the Escape key to move back to the previous Web page
    - On a Web page, press the Space key and the Shift key to move up a screen*
    - On a Web page, press the Space key to move down a screen*
    - Press t or T to move to the top of a Web page*
    - Press b or B to move to the bottom of a Web page*
    u - Scroll Up
    n - Scroll Down
    h - Scroll Left
    k - Scroll Right
    i or I - Zoom In
    o or O - Zoom Out
    d - Toggle full-screen and split-screen view
    e - Page Up
    x - Page Down
    s - Page Left
    f - Page Right
    r or g - Open URL widget
    a - History
    w - Start Page
    z or v - Find in Page
    c - Forward
    qu and q+Up key - New Tab
    qn and q+Down key - Close Tab
    qh and q+Left key - Previous Tab
    qk and q+Right key - Next Tab
    qr and qg - Web Search
    qd - Reload Page
    01-17-11 11:09 AM
    I loaded up Bolt on my Bold & was hoping for better font size too. My eyes lit up when I saw the 3XXX font! I set it only to realize its the same exact size that displayed on OS5 on the native browser took the wind right out of my sail. I don't know why, but on OS5.975 my browser will not change the font setting no matter what size I set it on. I'm guessing its just the way the bb renders the websites. *shrugs*

01-17-11 11:30 AM
    I agree column view in this browser would make it perfect for me. Funny, but as I go thru my several forum sites CB is the only one that has such a struggle to text wrap. All the others it is easy to get the text wrap feature to work and it is pretty fast. Just CB, Hmmmmm....
    Did you see the font selection in bolt? One choice, but if we could figure out how to add at least we could get easier to read font if not bigger. I also use that font app and like it alot. $.99 was never better spent.
    Sounds like your on the case, I will also see if I can figure anything out.
    Maybe bolt will gift us with another upgrade, I'm going to see if I can email them re the font issue.
    cbreze, which font app do you have? I was considering one as well, CB had it featured on its front page a few weeks back-is that the one? & how is it the Bold?

01-17-11 11:35 AM
23,186 ... 351352353354355 ...