you guys are crazy I can't believe how long this forum is!
    01-03-11 08:23 PM
    Now now, be careful how you talk to us! We have worked very hard to keep this thread open and active. Several of us have been here since it was first started, reading it if not posting to it.

I would bet that there is more BB knowledge squirriled away in this one thread than on any other thread, at least on the 9650 forum. Hang out here and you will learn a lot about all sorts of things, we will even give Dr. Phil a run for his money.
    01-03-11 08:28 PM
    ....And still going strong!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-03-11 08:43 PM
    lol! I will watch my tone from now on and I'm working on getting my blackberry this week so I can get rid of this dang android! I will need all the advice I can when I get the blackberry so I'll be around
    01-03-11 08:44 PM
    Hey Jaydee, do you know anything about college credits? Hope so!
    01-03-11 08:45 PM
    Jmoney, stop by anytime. There's a wealth of knowledge on this thread. Let us know if we can help.

01-03-11 08:47 PM
    I was just digging around in this thread looking to see when I had started posting to it, then was looking at some of the posts leading up to the vzw announcement of the 9650 when I found the post below by lorennerol, it was posted on 5/21/2010:

Was recently perusing the 9630 forum and saw some old posts from pre-9630 release speculating about whether it would initially ship with OS5. It ended up taking VZW eight months after the 9630 released to get their version of OS5 out for it. At that rate the 9650 will see OS6 around February of 2011.
    Looks like the prediction of this poster may actually be pretty accurate!

JayDee, you get the distinction of beeing the first one of the regular ramblers to post to this thread, Chitown followed you by about 30 days and I jumped in the first time the day after Chitown. Some really interesting and very speculative posts back then.

It got really interesting when Sal and SauceX heated things up with predictions for late January and early February, got a bit ugly when the Baby Bolds didn't drop as predected by them and SauceX disappeared, never to be heard from again.

By the by, JayDee, have you heard from Chitown lately, how is she doing? Also have not seen Moonless around for a long while, any news on her?

It was interesting to see some of the names of those posting back then that don't seem to be around anymore, along with tourboy. Oh well, I guess people come and go!
    01-03-11 09:39 PM
    I was thinking how cool it would be to be able to change the font color on the home screen. Since we're stuck with the one theme, might break things up a bit. So this begs the question as to why some smart guy or gal hasn't come up with it. On OS-5 I had a theme called "Elementus Blue". It had blue font characters and even blue sig bars/battery meter. So it's definitly do-able. I sometimes run the "de-today" app which has lots of color options for your on-screen calendar appts. CB wallpaper changer has color font for the Bweather display. The list goes on. Has anyone seen anything in their travels around BB land, app stores and the like that could do something like this? One thing I thought was cool about winmo was the custom "hybrid" ROMS sometimes came with font color options features. Anyway, thought I'd jump in and change direction a little. Is there any interest in font color changes or am I the only one? White is getting old. If I knew how, I'd do it, just to shake things up.
    01-03-11 11:24 PM
    I guess I'm just a simple guy. I don't use any themes and I'm fine with the font color.
    01-03-11 11:55 PM
    Hey Jaydee, do you know anything about college credits? Hope so!
    lol! I will watch my tone from now on and I'm working on getting my blackberry this week so I can get rid of this dang android! I will need all the advice I can when I get the blackberry so I'll be around
    Good morning Essex Ramblers!!!!
    See how well I taught you all? You explained things to jmoney before I had to say a thing! You let ole JayDee sleep off her cold, too. What great fellas!!!!

Now jmoney, when you get your phone, come by anytime. We know a lot around here and we're not afraid to say so! LMAO!!!

As for you Recon...Yes, I know about college credits. Don't you have my pin so you can BBM me? If not, send me a PM and I will send you my PIN. Otherwise, if you want everyone's opinions (and they have a wealth of knowledge and wisdom about these things as well) then you can continue to post. Up to you!

Have a good day Ramblers!!!
    01-04-11 06:18 AM
    I was just digging around in this thread looking to see when I had started posting to it, then was looking at some of the posts leading up to the vzw announcement of the 9650 when I found the post below by lorennerol, it was posted on 5/21/2010:

Looks like the prediction of this poster may actually be pretty accurate!

JayDee, you get the distinction of beeing the first one of the regular ramblers to post to this thread, Chitown followed you by about 30 days and I jumped in the first time the day after Chitown. Some really interesting and very speculative posts back then.

It got really interesting when Sal and SauceX heated things up with predictions for late January and early February, got a bit ugly when the Baby Bolds didn't drop as predected by them and SauceX disappeared, never to be heard from again.

By the by, JayDee, have you heard from Chitown lately, how is she doing? Also have not seen Moonless around for a long while, any news on her?

It was interesting to see some of the names of those posting back then that don't seem to be around anymore, along with tourboy. Oh well, I guess people come and go!
    Bob, as a matter of fact, Chitowngirl and I spoke on the phone at Christmastime. She is making slow progress. She had some complications from her back surgery and is still working on getting better. I will pass along your concern.

Moonlessnight is on my BBM and we speak occasionally. She has done some traveling and seems to be enjoying herself.

I miss when they used to post regularly and the fun we had with the countdown! What a crazy time! Then a week later, Tourboy dropped out of sight...weird.
    01-04-11 06:31 AM
    Yes, was wierd about tourboy. I can't remember if he got his Baby Bold before he vanished or not, I'll have to do some digging to find out. Not that it matters that much.

Sometimes I wish the post count would remain as it originally was when the post was made. As I was looking through the thread I wondered what my post counts in particular were as we moved down the road to drop date. would have been interesting to see that. Oh well, it is what it is.

Have a terrific day!
    01-04-11 07:14 AM
    Here is a readout from BBMeter of JayDee's phone and memory leak.
    Yesterday was a banner day

Comments?
    A drink anyone?

PS the Free memory is always off from what my phone says. phone tells me it's 264
    Last edited by jaydee5799; 01-04-11 at 09:20 AM.
    01-04-11 09:16 AM
    Was wondering if those of you who receive email notifications for forum posts have noticed a drop off in the reliability of those email notifications. All my other forum sites are instant, only CB is sporadic and sometimes over 24hr delays. No biggie, just rambling and wondering if anyone else has noticed.
    01-04-11 12:36 PM
    I guess I'm just a simple guy. I don't use any themes and I'm fine with the font color.
    +1 I even used the stock wallpaper on all of my devices up to Bold. Now I have the NYC skyline pic I snapped on vacation this summer. other than that, no customizations at all.

Tried themes before and didn't like them.
    01-04-11 12:40 PM
    +1 I even used the stock wallpaper on all of my devices up to Bold. Now I have the NYC skyline pic I snapped on vacation this summer. other than that, no customizations at all.

Tried themes before and didn't like them.
    PC you are toooooooo straight-laced! We gotta get you to loosen up! LOL
    I am dying without my themes.And I change my wallpaper every day; sometimes twice a day. And Jim, I would love color in the font on the home screen.
    01-04-11 12:53 PM
    PC you are toooooooo straight-laced! We gotta get you to loosen up! LOL
    What do ya expect from an accountant? We're not known to be "wild and crazy".
    01-04-11 01:00 PM

There's some color for ya PC. You'd probably have a cardiac if you had to look at that all day long, huh?
    Oh and no today's NOT my birthday...but next week IS!!!! So I'm celebrating all week!
    01-04-11 01:18 PM
    My homescreen hasn't changed since Sept 20th...lol...actually I took this pic before Labor Day. so it hasn't changed in over 4 months!

01-04-11 02:05 PM
    Hey Jaydee,

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!! Your getting your birthday greetings now....for with my "senior" moments I probably won't remember it for next week!!
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    01-04-11 02:18 PM
    Hey Jaydee,

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!! Your getting your birthday greetings now....for with my "senior" moments I probably won't remember it for next week!!
    Awww Thanks Ellie!!!
    I'm excited because I am finally turning 30!..................
    .................................................. ............................
    AGAIN!!!!!

And if you believe that, like Bob says, I have some swamp land in Florida I'd like to sell you.....
    01-04-11 02:35 PM
    What do ya expect from an accountant? We're not known to be "wild and crazy".
    Being that I started my career as a bean counter, my degree is in business, I can understand your position; however, in my case I moved into computer application development and support and I guess that ruined me. I want themes!
    01-04-11 03:10 PM
    Awww Thanks Ellie!!!
    I'm excited because I am finally turning 30!..................
    AGAIN!!!!!

And if you believe that, like Bob says, I have some swamp land in Florida I'd like to sell you.....
    No no no, I've sold all of the swamp land in Florida, I'm selling ocean front property in Arizona now!

I'll do like Mojave and wish your a Happy Birthday now in case I don't remember next week.

Which anniversary of 30 is it? It'll be my 35 in a very few months, ugh!

You don't have to answer that!
    01-04-11 03:16 PM
    No no no, I've sold all of the swamp land in Florida, I'm selling ocean front property in Arizona now!

I'll do like Mojave and wish your a Happy Birthday now in case I don't remember next week.

Which anniversary of 30 is it? It'll be my 35 in a very few months, ugh!

You don't have to answer that!
    You guys are sooooo funny!!!!! Got a good belly laugh from all the cute comments!!!!! You guys made my day!!!
    01-04-11 03:33 PM
    Bob, buy land in Yuma. Got the sand already, the ocean's on the way soon as California gets the "big one". Beachfront everywhere.

01-04-11 03:38 PM
23,186 ... 342343344345346 ...