Good Morning Ramblers! I hope everyone survived another New Year's Eve. I don't know about you but I was ready to.. as Bob Seger would say turn the page on 2010. Looking forward to more ramblin' here in 2011.
    01-01-11 10:46 AM
    Ramblers, you know how people get reflective and nostalgic at this time of year? Well, I decided to go back through some of the 8000+ posts in this thread. I decided to re-live the excitement of the release of the 9650! What a great time!

And I, too, like princebb, hope for lots more fun!!!
    pr1nce likes this.
    01-01-11 10:52 AM
    Ramblers, you know how people get reflective and nostalgic at this time of year? Well, I decided to go back through some of the 8000+ posts in this thread. I decided to re-live the excitement of the release of the 9650! What a great time!

And I, too, like princebb, hope for lots more fun!!!
    I did the same thing jaydee. It's amazing to see how this thread has grown. 8000+ posts!!
    Last edited by princebb; 01-01-11 at 11:21 AM.
    01-01-11 11:18 AM
    I did the same thing jaydee. It's amazing to see how this thread has grown. 8000+ posts!!

Just rereading the last 100 pages or so is entertaining enough. I spent part of my Thursday afternoon reviewing the past few months of this thread while I was supposed to be watching the kids. It's a good thing that nothing happened to them...
    01-01-11 12:48 PM
    Good afternoon ramblers, have not had a chance to visit the site today. We have an unexpected visitor for the weekend so have been occupied with him. Had to play golf, that's the main reason he came, we had beutiful weather for it today, low 60s. Gonna have to play again tomorrow, awwwww.

Just reading the posts above brings back memories of the last couple of months before our Baby Bolds dropped, annoying but fun time on this thread.

Where the H-E-Double Hockey Sticks is Tourboy. He has not been seen or heard from since the Baby Bolds dropped!
    01-01-11 05:49 PM
    Where the H-E-Double Hockey Sticks is Tourboy. He has not been seen or heard from since the Baby Bolds dropped!
    Bob, funny you should mention Tourboy. I often wonder if he got a different type phone and just left or if something worse happened to him God, I hope not!

Then it gets me to thinking that suppose something happens to me. No one I live with would know how to log on here and get a message to anyone. I mean, who would keep all guys in check anyway?

I just have to hope that I always have my bb with me and I retain the ability to use it. Weird what we think about when we're alone on New Year's Eve, huh?
    01-01-11 05:55 PM
    I wondered the same thing about tourboy. If something happened to him. I hope not. This is probably the only CB thread where if someone is not around for a few days you start to wonder where they're at or what's going on.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-01-11 06:58 PM
    Is it bad that I'm thinking about dropping out of school and/or screaming? I'm hitting a wall, big time. I have 3 semesters left until I graduate, but I'm getting to the point where I'm just sick of it, if I could take 60 credits this semester I would. My brother just graduated from Rutgers and he says he misses school, I'm the complete opposite. Sometimes I feel like I didn't get the real "college experience" whatever that is that you might get from a big school, because I've commuted most of college. It's not that I'm having trouble, it's just that it seems like it'll never end, I feel old at 20!
    Last edited by lolreconlol; 01-01-11 at 07:44 PM.
    01-01-11 07:42 PM
    I wouldn't drop out of college. You only have three semesters left. Of course the final decision is yours and or your parents. But you're so close to graduating I think it would be ashame for you to give up now.

01-01-11 07:57 PM
    Is it bad that I'm thinking about dropping out of school and/or screaming? I'm hitting a wall, big time. I have 3 semesters left until I graduate, but I'm getting to the point where I'm just sick of it, if I could take 60 credits this semester I would. My brother just graduated from Rutgers and he says he misses school, I'm the complete opposite. Sometimes I feel like I didn't get the real "college experience" whatever that is that you might get from a big school, because I've commuted most of college. It's not that I'm having trouble, it's just that it seems like it'll never end, I feel old at 20!
    You don't want to ask that question of an educator who has a Master's degree, an advanced degree beyond that, and is certified to teach in 3 different areas! And who has been a teacher for 32 years. Has there ever been a DAY that I haven't been learning? No, there hasn't.

If you can't see it through to the end, will you EVER work hard for something good? If not your education, what else could possibly be more important. Have pride in yourself. You would be a fool to drop out. Take summer courses, too to finish earlier. Or go away to a campus for a semester and live there. You don't have to enroll in a degree program at some schools to take a course or two. Try it on campus if you want the experience that your brother speaks of. But quitting on yourself? I can't imagine doing that!
    01-01-11 09:02 PM
    You don't want to ask that question of an educator who has a Master's degree, an advanced degree beyond that, and is certified to teach in 3 different areas! And who has been a teacher for 32 years. Has there ever been a DAY that I haven't been learning? No, there hasn't.

If you can't see it through to the end, will you EVER work hard for something good? If not your education, what else could possibly be more important. Have pride in yourself. You would be a fool to drop out. Take summer courses, too to finish earlier. Or go away to a campus for a semester and live there. You don't have to enroll in a degree program at some schools to take a course or two. Try it on campus if you want the experience that your brother speaks of. But quitting on yourself? I can't imagine doing that!
    Being that you've been through this, do you have any tips to make it seem more "fresh"? I'm done with all electives/gen eds, and from here on out it's just classes for my major/minor. It just seems so repetitive, I always thought classes at the upper level would be more interesting.
    01-01-11 09:21 PM

Being that you've been through this, do you have any tips to make it seem more "fresh"? I'm done with all electives/gen eds, and from here on out it's just classes for my major/minor. It just seems so repetitive, I always thought classes at the upper level would be more interesting.
    Listen to what JayDee is saying, she is right on target. In my case I dropped out of college for reasons I won't go into here; however, I paid the price in that I found a job but it was not what I was hoping for. I ended up going back to night school while working a full time job and having 2 kids at home to complete my degree work. That, my friend, was no fun.

Get your degree while you have the opportunity and don't have other responsibilities, you will be glad you did. The more education you get the better off you will be in many ways. I often wished I had gotten my masters or at least an MBA but after a number of years of night school, commuting about 80 miles to the campus 2 or three nights a week after putting in a full day at work, I couldn't make myself do it again for another degree.

DON'T SHORT CHANGE YOURSELF!
    01-02-11 11:20 AM
    @lolreconlol, Listen to your elders please. We've been there done that already. Staying in school is the best solution. I didn't finish college until I was in my late twenties. At least I finished, but my point is I should have stuck to it and got done earlier. If classes are boring then get involved with other school activities as a possible outlet. providing your school work is all good. I had alot harder time with my studies and had to concentrate and work harder than most. I envied people who it seemed to come easy to, because they had time for the fun stuff at school. I was broke, poor and living in my car for alot of my college years, but I stuck with it and came out on the other side. I Have fond memories of my struggles. But don't stop now! Whatever it takes, just do it. nuff said.
    Happy new year to all the ramblers everywhere. I have a feeling verizon will be making our new year bright very soon. ciao
    01-02-11 11:53 AM
    i would agree with everyone else, it sounds like you are somewhat burnt out, but you are so very close just stick it out and get school with over with while you have the opportunity. I am in the same boat as you. Ive been in school now 5 years (my major is a five year program, im not slacking lol) and i have one semester left. I am completely burnt out, but i know I am so very close to finishing, and in this day in age a job is very hard to come by if you dont have a SOLID education. The last year was hard to get through because I did not want to be at school, but i found some things to keep school and my daily life interesting. I picked up working out, and during my 2 hour break from class everyday i would go and run a little and lift some weights. It was a great stress reliever and allowed me to clear my mind and allowed me to completely forget about school and the workload I had. The last year of my school has been me working on my thesis and it has been a complete pain, but finding ways to alter your daily routine and relieve some stress, combined with the feeling that in one 4 months i will be done has got me motivated to finish strong. I know it will all be worth it in the end when we will be able to get a good job because of our education.
    01-02-11 12:54 PM
    wow! Excellent advice from RR!!!
    lolreconlol, I think you should look into a special project or an additional project to spice things up for you. Take on something just for you or maybe an extra credit type assignment...some type of research to highlight what you are studying in a core class...
    or go the route RR suggested and take up something unrelated to your day and enjoy the escape.
    01-02-11 01:05 PM
    @lolreconlol, Some very sage advice has been sent your way here. Take some time to absorb some of what we have offered you, remember that whatever decision you make will affect the rest of your life. Make one that you will be proud of. You should also consider that at some point you may have a family to support, it can be a struggle so give yourself the best chance possible by getting an education. The dividends paid to you for your perseverance will be worth it!
    01-02-11 04:44 PM
    Good Morning Essex Ramblers!
    Day 1 of back to work finds me at home recovering from this dang head cold that ruined most of my vacation. I plan on making it in tomorrow tho.

Just a funny typical JayDee story:
    In November, I ordered a paper planner for myself. Even tho I am a gadget freak, I still am a paper and pen kinda person when it comes to planners. I ordered mine on Nov 18. When I didn't see it after two weeks I started calling the company and they kept telling me it would ship "by the end of the week".
    Whatever. It is January now and I am writing things on scraps of paper because there's hide nor hair of my planner. Now the company tells me they don't expect to receive it because the company is not fulfilling their orders!

So I could have chosen something else back in Nov, right? Sheesh!!!!

I wish, WISH i could get used to using the calendar on my bb. But I can't. I used to use Google calendar on my laptop, add my agenda items and it would sync to my phone. But then my business went to Google apps as well and then two calendars got mixed up. Pretty soon, I have double and triple entries. I erased both calendars and gave up.

How can I make it work for me? Keep one calendar and put everything on it? Use Google sync? when I did use Google sync I also got triple contact info!!!

Help! I DID order another paper planner to console myself and paid the extra 20 bucks for two day shipping. I'd like to send the bill to that original company. But in the meantime, I COULD learn to use the calendar.

Anyone got tips for me?
    01-03-11 10:50 AM
    Hey JayDee, I did the same method(paper planner) you did for awhile(years ago) while I was employed. I used the pc at the office also for calendar appts then found I was missing things because you have to be in the office to hear the chirp of the appt. I was in the field to much so started writing stuff down then got a winmo device because of it's excellent syncing abilities at the time it was second to none. So then (tired of wm) I go BB and just got used to the calendar inputing right to the device, no syncing. I got very quick and found alot of my stuff was recurring appts that needed only to be entered one time. I had anywhere from 10 to 15 per day. Not alot by some folks standards, but did them on the BB, no problem. The more I did the faster I got at it. This is maybe not any help , but it's my story and I'm stickin' to it. I'm sure someone will chime in with a syncing solution for you.
    Sorry to hear you were feeling poorly over your holiday. I hope you get back up to speed soon.
    ciao, Jim
    01-03-11 11:48 AM
    Orange juice (and gin) will help with the headcold. The more gin, the better the help.

I've not had any issues syncing with Google. Granted, I've not done it much, only enough to try it, but it has worked decently enough for me. You can use Google Sync to keep multiple calendars. Make sure that you select the right calendars to match to your BB calendars when you set up the sync app.

As to your multiple copies of contacts, suppose you just do an initial contacts sync and then turn off the contacts sync? Your contact list likely does not change much, so just sync it once. Then you can keep it up manually.
    01-03-11 11:56 AM
    Jaydee, I used to to be a paper calendar or daybook rminder person. But the last few years I've gone exclusively to using my BB calendar. Since I'm out of my office everyday, it works well for me as I keep all my appointments on my device. I hope you feel better real soon.

01-03-11 12:19 PM
    So can I install the google sync app and choose to sync JUST my work calendar (because I will keep just that with everything) and not the contacts? I don't wanna screw up my contacts lists.....
    01-03-11 12:51 PM
    So can I install the google sync app and choose to sync JUST my work calendar (because I will keep just that with everything) and not the contacts? I don't wanna screw up my contacts lists.....
    Yes, there is a check box for both Contacts and Calendar. When you scroll to the bottom of the options and see your calendar you can click on that and it will show any additional Google calendars you may have.
    01-03-11 01:24 PM
    OK so at everyone's urging I installed Google Sync again and choose just my work calendar. I will just add all my appts personal and work on the same one. It seems to be working ok! Must be a problem I had with the OS5 version that messed me up a bit, so I deleted it.

Glad I gave it another try and thanks for the help everyone!

Hey, where's PC today?
    And Bob?
    01-03-11 03:46 PM
    I'm here!
    01-03-11 03:50 PM
    OK so at everyone's urging I installed Google Sync again and choose just my work calendar. I will just add all my appts personal and work on the same one. It seems to be working ok! Must be a problem I had with the OS5 version that messed me up a bit, so I deleted it.

Glad I gave it another try and thanks for the help everyone!

Hey, where's PC today?
    And Bob?
    Well, Bob was at work today, didn't see these posts until late pm.

FWIW, I carried a Franklin Planner for many years (paper version). Even had the early software so I could print pages for it. Later had a Palm Pilot, actually 3 or 4 of them, with SW to sync to PC. That was my first electronic version of my paper planner, still carried a paper version anyway. Needed to be able to jot down notes and such. Got a Treo, 2 models, and used them with SW to sync to computer. I was retired by this time so I didn't carry the paper planner as much but still had one for a few years cause I just couldn't cut the umbilical cord. Have not had a paper planner now for a few years, still have SW on Outlook but don't use the planning part nearly as much as I used to. Got the Tour in 2009 and the Bold in 2010 and her I am happy as a clam without a paper planner, who'd a thunk it!

I do still use the calendar, task list and contacts in Outlook and sync to my Baby Bold. Just not as dependant on these as I was back when I still had a real job... Baby Bold does still carry all of my golf tee times, gotta be sure I don't forget them!

So JayDee, maybe the simple answer is to retire and you won't need this stuff as much and your Baby Bold will be more than enough to keep your life organized.
    Last edited by BoDeb; 01-03-11 at 08:24 PM.
    01-03-11 08:21 PM
23,186 ... 341342343344345 ...