As many hybrids as I have installed lately, I think I'm going to wait for the vzw official. That is if they hurry up and release it! Could end up getting the itch again if nothing drops soon. Time will tell.

And JayDee, you'll be back fixing lasgana before you know it once the holidays are over and life gets back to so called normal!
    12-28-10 01:55 PM
    OK, noticed something today. Everytime I looked at my phone, I saw the hourglass for a few seconds. What's that all about?

What things should I check to get that to stop?
    When I type in bbm, the words fill in quickly as the typing stops and I keep going. Weird. Any advice?

Another hybrid?????

PS I installed Slacker today and I am deleting it now.
    Last edited by jaydee5799; 12-28-10 at 02:12 PM.
    12-28-10 02:07 PM
    OK, noticed something today. Everytime I looked at my phone, I saw the hourglass for a few seconds. What's that all about?

What things should I check to get that to stop?
    When I type in bbm, the words fill in quickly as the typing stops and I keep going. Weird. Any advice?

Another hybrid?????
    Be sure you don't have something unexpected running in the background. That could cause the hourglass. Other than that, have you installed anything new recently? Something is using CPU time for the hourglass to be showing up, I would think.
    12-28-10 02:10 PM
    I'm installing Scags 415/418 right now, and my girlfriend is coming over soon - we're making lasagna!
    Sweet re the lasagna + GF. Let us know how the hybrid is tho. If ya get a chance that is.
    EDIT: I see some folks are finding verizons 6/415 on their DM and telling them they have an upgrade available. I wonder how long it'll be before an exe comes available. Coupla days? Maybe?
    Last edited by cbreze; 12-28-10 at 04:55 PM.
    12-28-10 03:31 PM
    Jim, why would VZW release a 415 just like Sprint? Why wouldn't it be a later version? What's the sense in that? Of course, I am going to load it because I have had the same OS for a week now!
    12-28-10 06:09 PM
    Jim, why would VZW release a 415 just like Sprint? Why wouldn't it be a later version? What's the sense in that? Of course, I am going to load it because I have had the same OS for a week now!
    I know it's not totally sensible, but sense maybe doesn't enter into it. Maybe it's a fluke. I saw you cruisin' over there. What do you think?
    12-28-10 06:20 PM
    I know it's not totally sensible, but sense maybe doesn't enter into it. Maybe it's a fluke. I saw you cruisin' over there. What do you think?
    Jim, I saw that last night. I'm not sure I'm believin' that yet. I think it was only one person who had seen the update. Was there more?
    12-28-10 07:18 PM
    Jim, I saw that last night. I'm not sure I'm believin' that yet. I think it was only one person who had seen the update. Was there more?
    I'm with you! WTH? Only one person has seen it and no one else?
    No new threads and no front page mention?
    Hmmm.....
    12-28-10 07:21 PM
    Yeah one person w/2 diff bolds both showing it. Not sure what's goin' on but maybe it slipped out like a trickle. before the dam bursts. Who knows.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-28-10 07:24 PM
    I'm sorry to be so negative about this vzw upgrade, but a trickle to one person. WTH!! I think we would have heard more about it. I'm just sayin'.
    12-28-10 07:39 PM
    I'm sorry to be so negative about this vzw upgrade, but a trickle to one person. WTH!! I think we would have heard more about it. I'm just sayin'.
    Yup, I certainly do not disagree. Someone looking for 15 min of fame? Who knows. Apparently there is a 418 version out for gsm bolds? So there is more to come yet.

12-28-10 09:31 PM
    Yup, I certainly do not disagree. Someone looking for 15 min of fame? Who knows. Apparently there is a 418 version out for gsm bolds? So there is more to come yet.

I think the Pearl 9100 series has OS6 6.0.0.418
    12-28-10 09:45 PM
    I did some looking around tonight after reading about the so called release, to no avail. I'm on board with the 15 minutes of fame concept. Someone ought to shoot that nincompoop for getting folks all hyped about a non-existent release.

I feel pretty certain that vzw will be releasing soon. It could be .415, if you will remember both vzw and Sprint released the Bold with .699; although is seems like vzw relesaed .732 very shortly after. At least that is my recollection, I've slept a couple of times since then so the memory leaks have blurred those happenings.

I'm hoping that they release a later version, I know that there is a .418 out for some device(s) so that tells me that there are releases beyond .415 to choose from. I just hope that vzw gets on with the choosing and gets it over with.

Maybe we will get a response to our New Year's resolution to load a vzw official very early in the year...
    12-28-10 09:59 PM
    Sweet re the lasagna + GF. Let us know how the hybrid is tho. If ya get a chance that is.
    EDIT: I see some folks are finding verizons 6/415 on their DM and telling them they have an upgrade available. I wonder how long it'll be before an exe comes available. Coupla days? Maybe?
    I like it so far! From what I can tell, the battery life seems to be a little better and things just seem a bit more smooth compared to the stock 415.

--------------------

I need advice from my 9650 pals. My girlfriend came over and ruined my lasagna experience today. Some information before we start: we've been dating for a year now, and we've known each other for like 5 years. I'm 20, she's 18. I'm a Junior, she's a Freshman, hopefully that's enough info! She came over and told me that she had news for me, and it was that Bowling Green (a college) called her and told her that she was going to be accepted as a transfer, and that she is going to leave next Wednesday. She said that her parents told her that they'll fly her home/me out there once a month, and it's a bit far to drive (although I would try, it's about 10 hours away). Right before she left she told me that she just wants to see what it's like living on her own, and she's going for a semester, or a year at most. What do I do? Has anyone else been in this situation?
    12-28-10 10:09 PM
    I don't think there is much you can do. Can't make her stay. She might resent it if you tried. Just wait and see how it goes. It will either work or it won't, either way you will both survive.

12-29-10 12:08 AM
    Another hybrid?????
    LOL

[IMG]http://jasonjeffrey.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/awjeeznotthis****again.jpg[/IMG]
    Last edited by pcgizmo; 12-29-10 at 07:38 AM.
    12-29-10 07:35 AM
    LOL

[IMG]http://jasonjeffrey.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/awjeeznotthis****again.jpg[/IMG]
    Ok, ok. I guess that means I can't call you for help if things go wrong?
    12-29-10 10:02 AM
    I like it so far! From what I can tell, the battery life seems to be a little better and things just seem a bit more smooth compared to the stock 415.

--------------------

I need advice from my 9650 pals. My girlfriend came over and ruined my lasagna experience today. Some information before we start: we've been dating for a year now, and we've known each other for like 5 years. I'm 20, she's 18. I'm a Junior, she's a Freshman, hopefully that's enough info! She came over and told me that she had news for me, and it was that Bowling Green (a college) called her and told her that she was going to be accepted as a transfer, and that she is going to leave next Wednesday. She said that her parents told her that they'll fly her home/me out there once a month, and it's a bit far to drive (although I would try, it's about 10 hours away). Right before she left she told me that she just wants to see what it's like living on her own, and she's going for a semester, or a year at most. What do I do? Has anyone else been in this situation?
    Take it from a woman: if she says she wants to see what it's like living on her own; she NEEDS to do it. If your relationship is meant to be, love will find a way. Things may be less than perfect, and even rocky at times. But all you can do is be honest with her and keep in touch as much as possible. She has to be allowed to experience it on her own if that what she wants. All you can do is be there.
    12-29-10 10:07 AM
    This from the queen of hybrids?????
    12-29-10 10:17 AM
    It's a joke, jaydee
    12-29-10 10:24 AM
    Give her some space and time. It probably won't be easy for you but you've got to do it. If you guys are meant to be together it will work itself out. Look out Dr. Phil, Dr. Princebb is on the case!!
    12-29-10 10:25 AM
    Give her some space and time. It probably won't be easy for you but you've got to do it. If you guys are meant to be together it will work itself out. Look out Dr. Phil, Dr. Princebb is on the case!!
    I think you need your own tv show there prince.
    Excuse me, DR. Prince
    12-29-10 10:32 AM
    I think you need your own tv show there prince.
    Excuse me, DR. Prince
    YES... and my first show could be on Blackberry users who are addicted to G & T when updating hybrids and other OS's. Guest appearance by CB Genius Jaydee. Come on Jaydee, 2011 could be our year. We'd blow the ratings through the roof! HaHa
    12-29-10 10:46 AM
    YES... and my first show could be on Blackberry users who are addicted to G & T when updating hybrids and other OS's. Guest appearance by CB Genius Jaydee. Come on Jaydee, 2011 could be our year. We'd blow the ratings through the roof! HaHa
    the Dr. Prince Show???

12-29-10 11:07 AM
    the Dr. Prince Show???

ROTFLMFAO!!!!!!!!!
    12-29-10 11:17 AM
23,186 ... 338339340341342 ...