Jaydee, I saw the weather map on tv for the northeast. It looks like you're gonna be stuck inside tomorrow. Too bad you don't have a new OS to play with tonight. Take it easy on the G&T.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Hey Keith, we were lucky enough to get only 3 inches last night. Albany got about 10" and south and east of the Capital they got upwards of two feet! The snow line for haves and have-nots was very distinct. I had an easy go this am clearing off the cars and shoveling the driveway. I did half, gotta get up some ambition to go out and do the rest soon.

My husband picked a good week to go to Florida to visit his parents, no? I mean, it's cold there but at least no snow.
    12-27-10 07:20 AM
    Hey Keith, we were lucky enough to get only 3 inches last night. Albany got about 10" and south and east of the Capital they got upwards of two feet! The snow line for haves and have-nots was very distinct. I had an easy go this am clearing off the cars and shoveling the driveway. I did half, gotta get up some ambition to go out and do the rest soon.

My husband picked a good week to go to Florida to visit his parents, no? I mean, it's cold there but at least no snow.
    You only got 3 inches? Here in NNJ we got 20+..
    12-27-10 07:32 AM
    You only got 3 inches? Here in NNJ we got 20+..
    yes! Lucky us! Like I said, the snow divide line was pretty distinct. We are too far from the Great Lakes to get hit with lake-effect snow and too far west from the "coast" (ie NYC) to get the storms coming up the coast. Living in the smack dab in the middle of the state has it's advantages.
    12-27-10 07:54 AM
    yes! Lucky us! Like I said, the snow divide line was pretty distinct. We are too far from the Great Lakes to get hit with lake-effect snow and too far west from the "coast" (ie NYC) to get the storms coming up the coast. Living in the smack dab in the middle of the state has it's advantages.
    Lucky! Guess I have to lead the shoveling charge outside, maybe everyone else will join me soon. See you guys in a few hours!
    12-27-10 08:28 AM
    We've been at my in-laws since Christmas day. We're heading back home this afternoon. I have another 5 inches of snow waiting for me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-27-10 09:09 AM
    Hmmmm..I guess I could go out and try shoveling some sunshine just to see what that's like. Nahhh...Another top down, go for a drive kinda day.
    12-27-10 09:53 AM

Why in the world aren't you in Florida w/hubby? Do you like shoveling snow? If it were me, I'b be heading south. Never mind that I wouldn't be up there to start with.

I'm with Jim, won't be driving with the top down, (don't have a rag top anyway) but could end up in the golf cart. Mid 40s and rising...
    12-27-10 10:47 AM
    I tried moving some of my 10 inches of rain last week. Well, I sent my kids to do it. They left the water but picked up worms. Oh well -- we're back to sunshine and football without snowplows.
    12-27-10 10:52 AM
    Why in the world aren't you in Florida w/hubby? Do you like shoveling snow? If it were me, I'b be heading south. Never mind that I wouldn't be up there to start with.

I'm with Jim, won't be driving with the top down, (don't have a rag top anyway) but could end up in the golf cart. Mid 40s and rising...
    You DID read that he went to visit his PARENTS...right? That would make them my in-laws! HAHA It's MY vacation from work. I want to spend it my own way....

Also, with the wind here, whipping around the snow...it's -7.
    Cover your knees when you golf!!!!
    It's cold out there!
    12-27-10 11:07 AM
    When is the white housing going to be in stock? I'm itching for a change.
    12-27-10 04:15 PM
    When is the white housing going to be in stock? I'm itching for a change.
    I thought I'd heard it was out there already. But wow, when I think blackberry, I think "black". White is way out in a left field kinda far out sorta thing to do to a berry. Just my $.02 but I'd never mess up my beautiful bold with a white housing. Black is beautiful baby!
    12-27-10 05:55 PM
    Okay, since Jaydee did not see fit to reply to my jibs and almost serious questions (typing on this netbook as my desktop is dying... is a pain).

How are folks liking the straight Sprint OS (no hybrids) or are you all hydrized?

Next, is this OS 6 for the Bold, the first official OS6 for Bold-like devices - basically screen size? Because, like Jaydee, I want to know when Rim will be releasing a theme builder. If OS6 on our screen size is still new then I guess we have a wait.

Over and out...
    12-27-10 06:15 PM
    Okay, since Jaydee did not see fit to reply to my jibs and almost serious questions (typing on this netbook as my desktop is dying... is a pain).

How are folks liking the straight Sprint OS (no hybrids) or are you all hydrized?

Next, is this OS 6 for the Bold, the first official OS6 for Bold-like devices - basically screen size? Because, like Jaydee, I want to know when Rim will be releasing a theme builder. If OS6 on our screen size is still new then I guess we have a wait.

Over and out...
    It seems like most here are using 415 from Sprint, I'm using it and I like it better than most hybrids I've used. The battery life is better than it was when I was using the 407 hybrid, and that's the most important thing to me. I can't help you with the theme question though, I never used themes so I don't really follow those developments. Sorry!

I thought I'd heard it was out there already. But wow, when I think blackberry, I think "black". White is way out in a left field kinda far out sorta thing to do to a berry. Just my $.02 but I'd never mess up my beautiful bold with a white housing. Black is beautiful baby!
    I think it would be weird at first with a BlackBerry that wasn't black - but look at it, it's so pretty!

12-27-10 06:44 PM

Over and out...
    I'm sorry F2, what was it you wanted to know again?
    Yes, I'm on the official Sprint 415 and so is everyone else practically who is running OS6. No reason to run a hybrid with the damn 333 radio that sucked so bad for memory leaks and battery life. lol

The only hybrid available changes the java files and what does that do anyway? Doesn't really add anything but a bigger number to your options screen. 415 would be high enough for me if it doesn't still leak on my phone...and it still does. I lose about 22MB in the first couple hours after a reboot and then it kinda levels off there for the day. I never go more than 18 hours without a reboot anyway because it starts to lag and the memory starts dropping to 25, 30MB and then I reboot.

what do you mean about screen size? It's still the same b-u-t-t ugly theme that came with the leaks. The huge banner and the adjustable icon rows on the bottom. As soon as the TB6 is released with support for the Bold, then we will have themes. It could take up to a month since that's what the Torch people said it took for them. So you might wanna stay on OS5 for another month if you want themes.

PS I thought you were living in a snow-covered cave somewhere....
    12-27-10 06:54 PM
    Thanks for the reply.

What I meant by screen-size was the other BB models that can share themes due to the same size screen (pixels). If those other models have had os6 for a while, I was hoping that new themes would be available but if the Bold was the first official os6, then the theme builder will lag a bit, as you noted for the Torch.

Sorry you still have that memory loss. Accordding to Meterbetty I have not rebooted in 26 days and 29 minutes.
    12-27-10 07:00 PM
    Thanks for the reply.

What I meant by screen-size was the other BB models that can share themes due to the same size screen (pixels). If those other models have had os6 for a while, I was hoping that new themes would be available but if the Bold was the first official os6, then the theme builder will lag a bit, as you noted for the Torch.

Sorry you still have that memory loss. Accordding to Meterbetty I have not rebooted in 26 days and 29 minutes.
    I think we are the second device with our screen size/resolution, RIM has not released an updated TB6 to the best of my knowledge. We are all hoping that will happen in the near future, but of course as you well know trying to predict that is akin to being a weather person and trying to predict the weather. Ain't gonna happen!

I'm sure we will get it sometime, the sooner the better as far as I am concerned. I'm like JayDee, I'm tired of the stock theme that RIM included in BB6. Basically it sucks.

Please RIM, release TB6 for the Bold so Al3azim can build some nice themes for JayDee and me and all the others that want them! PLEASE!
    12-28-10 12:19 AM
    You DID read that he went to visit his PARENTS...right? That would make them my in-laws! HAHA It's MY vacation from work. I want to spend it my own way....

Also, with the wind here, whipping around the snow...it's -7.
    Cover your knees when you golf!!!!
    It's cold out there!
    Yea, I got the in-laws part of that. Just be sure and dress warm if you absolutely have to exit your warm house.

Trust me, I am careful to dress warmly when I play golf in the winter months unless it is in the 60s and 70s (then the knees are uncovered as I am wearing shorts) which it is pretty often here. I do layers to I can peel as necessary along the way. Usually come back home with more clothes in the sweater basket of my golf cart than I am wearing, but that is OK as it works well for me.
    12-28-10 12:23 AM
    Good Morning Essex Ramblers!
    I am anxiously awaiting a VZW official release of OS6, hoping that it will be soon so I can slap it on, watch the memory drain and call for another device.
    I mean it would be nice if there WAS no memory drain but we all know that's not happening so I might as well keep getting NEARLY NEW Bolds to console myself.

Also, as soon as TB6 is released Al3azim has promised he will convert Newberry for me first! Haha. well, not for ME, but first anyway!

I have learned to decorate my BB a bit since being stuck with OS6
    here is my home screen yesterday and today:
    12-28-10 07:34 AM
    The only hybrid available changes the java files and what does that do anyway? Doesn't really add anything but a bigger number to your options screen. 415 would be high enough for me if it doesn't still leak on my phone...and it still does. I lose about 22MB in the first couple hours after a reboot and then it kinda levels off there for the day. I never go more than 18 hours without a reboot anyway because it starts to lag and the memory starts dropping to 25, 30MB and then I reboot.
    Sorry to hear you're still having issues, jd. F2 I'm running the straight 415 on my Bold and haven't noticed any huge problems. My memory is pegged at 275 and change free, and hasn't budged since I upgraded last Thursday.

I agree with jd, hybrids don't really do much, but some people like to copy and paste I guess, so let 'em have at it.
    12-28-10 08:16 AM
    Sorry to hear you're still having issues, jd. F2 I'm running the straight 415 on my Bold and haven't noticed any huge problems. My memory is pegged at 275 and change free, and hasn't budged since I upgraded last Thursday.

I agree with jd, hybrids don't really do much, but some people like to copy and paste I guess, so let 'em have at it.
    In my opinion, which is not worth much, the only value in hybrids is when something in a later version of the Java file has been improved one might be able to take advantage of it. Agreed that the basic OS, the kernel, is not changed in most of the hybrids. It seems to me that sometimes the hybrid builder might change the SFI if the base OS doesn't have a very good one and there is a known better one out there. Just my $.02.
    12-28-10 09:55 AM
    Thanks for the replies. Stay cool where it is warm and warm where it is cool.
    12-28-10 12:26 PM
    In my opinion, which is worth less than Bob's Haha, hybrids are overhyped and don't have much value. My 2 cents.
    12-28-10 12:49 PM
    I'm installing Scags 415/418 right now, and my girlfriend is coming over soon - we're making lasagna!
    12-28-10 01:37 PM
    I'm installing Scags 415/418 right now, and my girlfriend is coming over soon - we're making lasagna!
    SCrid's?
    hahahahahaha

And I never want to see lasagna again....I made it for 19 on Christmas Eve. UGH!
    12-28-10 01:40 PM
    SCrid's?
    hahahahahaha

And I never want to see lasagna again....I made it for 19 on Christmas Eve. UGH!
    No, Scags! Scags 9650 415/418 Hybrid - Downloads - BBHybrids Forums

What kind did you make? I love it, I don't think I could ever cut it out my life.
    12-28-10 01:44 PM
23,186 ... 337338339340341 ...