OK guys, I am downloading the 415 .exe from Sprint as I type here. Going to install it shortly!

Here's the link for the download...https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...BB765225CE8C0E
    Cool, I'll get it tonight. I'm off in just a moment for my annual physical and then to Houston to pick up my son and granddaughter. They'll be stay with us for a few days.

JayDee, I'll be looking for a very positive report when I get home or have a chance to check CB while in route. I promise not to check it at 70mph unless my son is driving...
    12-23-10 07:31 AM
    OK I installed and had my data go back on. I have done selective restore each time so there's not much baggage to add back.
    I chose NOT to add back all my apps EXCEPT BBMeter (to measure the leak ) and QL which I absolutely need to operate my phone and BerryBuzz cause I need the colored LEDs since my phone is on silent most of the time.

That's it.

Starting with 308 free after removing the opening videos.
    Oh and you can remove VAD and STILL use the side keys! Yay!
    My BB is bare but I am going to give it some time to see what leaks.

Still for me to do:
    security wipe
    bbsak wipe
    install 415
    selective restore

I will go that route if need be after Christmas. I have too much cooking and housework to do after this am that I can't take the time to sit down and do all that now. If my phone starts leaking, I will put back my apps via bbsak (all at once) and enjoy my phone through Christmas Day and then deal with it later.

Fingers crossed
    12-23-10 08:10 AM
    I just downloaded 415, I'm going to install it this afternoon.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-23-10 09:16 AM
    I really was going to wait to load this, BUT, my wife and kids are still sleeping, the house is quiet, and the torrential rain has stopped. It must be BlackBerry time.
    12-23-10 09:51 AM
    I just got done loading it on my bold. No issues so far. Need to use it for awhile to see any differences from the 407 hybrid I was running. It is very snappy in responding to simple menu functions. Time will tell, but so far I am hopefully optimistic. I'm hoping a new radio file will put a stop to the rf bar ramp dancing.
    12-23-10 09:56 AM
    Some are reporting HUGE memory leaks in this version!
    As for me, looking good so far.
    A slight dip in memory...only lost 2MB after an hour.
    Usually I'd be down 15 or so by now.

Got my fingers crossed.
    Most of my apps are back on and I am going out so I will keep an eye and report back later to all my guardian angels here on Ramblings.

Love you guys!!!! Have a good day!
    12-23-10 11:01 AM
    Well, I'm very pleased with this upgrade. My RF is better and steady, no sig bar ramping around up/down anymore. The browser seems faster also and there is just an even smoother scrolling experience going thru the menus and around the ui in general. My memory is as steady as usual so far anyway. So it's thumbs up from me.
    Thanks Santa for getting it here before Christmas
    12-23-10 11:34 AM
    Just wanted to pop in and say Merry Christmas !
    12-23-10 03:23 PM
    Hey guys, still on the road, no I'm not driving. Excited to hear that JayDee isn't leaking mem, at least for now, a good sign. Sounds like the rest of you are good with this version. Can't wait to get home and put it on my phone. Hope to do it tonight.

I'll report when it's done.

12-23-10 04:50 PM
    ive had a very busy day but i managed to get the update installed. So far its a been a very solid build for me. Much snappier and overall more refined, although i still have a memory leak. Ive lost about 20 megs, but like i said before i really could care less because there is so much more memory that my phone can handle it and run without issues. Overall im very happy with this build and would assume verizon has got to be close to an official os since this is such a solid build.

*EDIT*
    lol well it looks like verizon is getting ready to push out a 6.0 update for our baby bolds here in the next few days. here is what blackmannx just said
    To all my #teamred bold owners.. dont fret your getting your update in a few days barring issues.. let sprint be the testers. lol

now im curious what version its gonna be. Im guessing its gonna be .415 but who knows.
    Last edited by rryoung; 12-23-10 at 07:08 PM.
    12-23-10 06:58 PM
    The biggest and best change I see with 415 over any other I've tried so far is the RF. It is noticibly better. The rest of the OS is smooth but so far this my preferred improvement.
    12-23-10 07:42 PM
    Just completed the DL, about to start the install. The more comments I see that are positive the more excited I get about this release.
    12-23-10 07:53 PM

now im curious what version its gonna be. Im guessing its gonna be .415 but who knows.
    RR and everyone, I am still getting a memory leak but all in all, it is much slower than what I have had in the past. After 8 hours I am at -17MB so that is about on pace with you, RR

I have read about people losing huge amounts so I think I am satisfied right now. Seems snappier and I never had the RF ramping so I can't comment on that. I played music with the media player for over two hours and dropped not a MB of memory. Somehow it drops immediately after a batt pull and then levels there.

I am going to put on the rest of my apps now that my cooking is done and my gin and tonic is standing ready.

How has everyone else fared? Oh and I would be surprised is VZW released the same version RR. I bet it will be something higher so....who took the OVER on JayDee's installs???????
    12-23-10 08:20 PM
    So far I'm very pleased. Overall the OS is smoother and snappier. Browser is snappy. Too soon to tell about any memory leak. But I never really had a problem with that before. I've got all my apps loaded and I've got 275MB free.

12-23-10 08:29 PM
    Ran into some problems with my upgrade. After uninstalling the .407 hybrid that I had on my PC I installed .415. Then I backed up with DM and BBSAK, my normal procedure. When I then ran apploader it asked me what to install, I didn't change anything from what it showed that it was going to install so I clicked NEXT and apploader said that the update was complete. Tried it three times and it did the same thing.

I thought I saw something about having to have the latest OS5 on your device, being lazy I dicided that I didn't want to DL an OS5 to load on my BB so I did a wipe with BBSAK and tried apploader again. Still didn't load the OS so I then went to BBSAK and clicked the load OS button and Voila! it loaded it. Good thing I had the BBSAK backup, had to use it to reload my apps, then went ot DM to restore my data and found that the backup had not worked so I used a backup from last week and that got my data back and a sync took care of bringing me up to date.

I had to reorganize all of my icons of course because BBSAK doesn't restore them to the folders that they were originally in, not sure why that happens.

I did my last bat pull 42 min ago and have lost .6mb and have 259mb free plus 30mb of device so I think that is 289mb total if I understand how BB calculates its memory.

Device seems to be running well, browser still hangs at about 75%, can't figure out why that is. It has done that on every BB6 I have installed. At this point this is the only issue that I am aware of.
    12-23-10 10:58 PM
    Bob, Sorry you had a little problem with the install. I didn't wipe or downgrade I just loaded 415 over 333. I use bbhybrids to shrink the os and apploader to install. It's running great for me so far. Everything seems to be snappier and smooth. I've never really had a prob with mem leaks. I've got 275 mb free.
    12-23-10 11:47 PM
    Bob, Sorry you had a little problem with the install. I didn't wipe or downgrade I just loaded 415 over 333. I use bbhybrids to shrink the os and apploader to install. It's running great for me so far. Everything seems to be snappier and smooth. I've never really had a prob with mem leaks. I've got 275 mb free.
    +1 here. I loaded it the same way with zero difficulty. My battery drain is about 1.5%, and I'm seeing memory drain less than 0.1 MB over the past 12 hours or so. No major complaints so far. Notification bar lag is still here, though. Maybe Big Red will release something that'll fix that.

12-24-10 12:56 AM
    Well I finally bit the bullet and installed os 6. Overall I like it but I'm really having a problem with the text size everything is so small I cannot read it. When I do the zoom thing to a size I can read the text does not wrap and continues off the screen. I have my default fnot size set at 12 but it's still to tiny. I haven't seen any mention of this issue so can someone tell me what setting I need to change?
    12-24-10 12:59 AM
    Well I finally bit the bullet and installed os 6. Overall I like it but I'm really having a problem with the text size everything is so small I cannot read it. When I do the zoom thing to a size I can read the text does not wrap and continues off the screen. I have my default fnot size set at 12 but it's still to tiny. I haven't seen any mention of this issue so can someone tell me what setting I need to change?
    Sorry C, but there isn't anything to change. The browser sux bad in that aspect. The font stays tiny and you have to zoom and scroll. A major pain in the backside, if you ask me! The browser is one of the biggest drawbacks! And it was supposed to be the saviour. LOL
    12-24-10 07:38 AM
    I did my last bat pull 42 min ago and have lost .6mb and have 259mb free plus 30mb of device so I think that is 289mb total if I understand how BB calculates its memory.
    Bob, I don't want you to have to try and explain this memory thing to me, but what app do you use to measure the difference in free and device memory? Is my BBMeter reading the wrong one? Do I want to see the RAM or FLASH totals? I'm confused now.

Of course I shrunk the h-e-double hockey sticks outta OS6 so my total free reads 297 even after all my many apps (now about 20) are installed.
    12-24-10 07:47 AM
    Keith, it seems you and I use the same installation method. I have never had an issue doing it this way either. Nothing fancy. Just works every time.

The text size issue was the first thing I noticed and disliked when I tried os-6 the very first time. There are certain tricks, but it can take some getting used to also. On forums like CB for instance text wrap works , but you have to enable"default" mode first at the bottom of the CB page.
    On other forums I frequent text wrap is sometimes automatically done and not an issue. I don't think this browser is very browsing friendly for the most part. But then anybody who got a BB for the browsing experience is headed for disappointment right quick. Hang in there with it tho. It took me and most others awhile to get the hang of it. alt/trackpad = zoom btw

lol well it looks like verizon is getting ready to push out a 6.0 update for our baby bolds here in the next few days. here is what blackmannx just said
    To all my #teamred bold owners.. dont fret your getting your update in a few days barring issues.. let sprint be the testers. lol

Wow, now I'm curious as to which version verizon will come out with. I don't see how it would be much different. A better browsing experience would most likely be appreciated by all, but I think the browser is just the way it's going to be. I will say that I found a little help re the browser. If I use Q/L to go to my favorite sites it loads alot faster. I have a bookmark in Q/L for our "essex" forum and I shave about 30 sec off the loading process by not going thru the usual path. I'm not terribly interested in alot of CB so a shortcut helps from having to load the rest of the adds.

Merry Christmas to all my "Rambler" friends. The forcast high for Christmas here is 72. Ahhhhh. A top down day again!
    Ciao
    12-24-10 09:20 AM
    Bob, I don't want you to have to try and explain this memory thing to me, but what app do you use to measure the difference in free and device memory? Is my BBMeter reading the wrong one? Do I want to see the RAM or FLASH totals? I'm confused now.

Of course I shrunk the h-e-double hockey sticks outta OS6 so my total free reads 297 even after all my many apps (now about 20) are installed.
    MB shows it.
    12-24-10 11:42 AM
    Sorry C, but there isn't anything to change. The browser sux bad in that aspect. The font stays tiny and you have to zoom and scroll. A major pain in the backside, if you ask me! The browser is one of the biggest drawbacks! And it was supposed to be the saviour. LOL
    Well Jaydee I think this is a show stopper for me. I can't see anything!!!!!. I like the os but is totally unacceptable. To bad

12-24-10 11:43 AM
    I did the same, don't understand what happened. It has never done that to me before. I can't think of anything different that I did this time. Maybe I didn't hold my mouth right...
    12-24-10 11:44 AM
    I've got a question about using DM to sync and backup my data. For some reason it has chosen a different default email address than I use for my personal email with Outlook. When I sync, it doesn't sync my contacts. I changed the default email on my device and tried again but got an error message that said that it couldn't sync the email address that it previously had used. I tried to change the default in DM to no avail. Not sure what is going on.

I'm going to keep trying but would appreciate any thoughts some of you might have.
    12-24-10 11:50 AM
23,186 ... 335336337338339 ...