Let's see that's about two weeks. I would guess two upgrades. But... we don't know how much gin she has stockpiled, so it could go as high as four, especially if there's a new leak or hybrid!! LMAO
    12-20-10 10:21 AM
    You go girl!
    I shall enjoy living vicariously thru your G+T's as I swore all that off years ago. But I do perhaps selfishly hope that your recent installs do trigger a leak release. Woot! Woot!
    12-20-10 12:26 PM
    OK so report on my 333-407 OS upgrade.
    It solved nothing. Which is what I expected. Battery life is better...much better.
    Memory still falling like a stone.
    Overnight -22MB.
    I had QL reboot me automatically this am and in the 7 and a half hours since, I'm down 25.2MB

About right...maybe a little more than the last hybrid I had. Hope it bottoms out there. I am trying to let it go for 24 hours to get a true reading. Hard to keep from yanking that battery!!!!

Things are sluggish once in a while, sticky-like and I am wondering if that is the limit that makes me pull the battery. We shall see.

Over Christmas vacation (like the day after) I will DEFINITELY be doing another OS change. Either to a new leak
    or back to 333/357/359 by Shane. I think Bob's running that one.

Or maybe Bob moved up to the 407 I forget...so far, all 407 is not treating me well
    12-21-10 12:33 PM
    jaydee, I'd like to thank you for the additional 4MB today, I'm now at 284,048,821 free.

I understand what you're trying to do, I just don't think the latest mish-mash of OS files is going to cure what ails ya.
    12-21-10 12:42 PM
    JayDee, I'm running .333/.380/.407, I think. Changed so many times I have lost track. I try to update the post display each time or I won't have any idea where I am.

+1 on Paul's comment, your problem emminates from the Kernel in my estimation. I still believe that is has something to do with memory handling processes and possibly a bad firmware module. I say this only because there are only a handfull of you that are dumping memory like you are.

Hang in there, this will get resolved or you will get another refurb out of the deal.
    12-21-10 01:24 PM
    Hang in there Jaydee I know if I was dropping memory like you I would be going crazy too. Hopefully you'll get this resolved soon.
    12-21-10 01:50 PM
    jaydee, I'd like to thank you for the additional 4MB today, I'm now at 284,048,821 free.

I understand what you're trying to do, I just don't think the latest mish-mash of OS files is going to cure what ails ya.
    JayDee, I'm running .333/.380/.407, I think. Changed so many times I have lost track. I try to update the post display each time or I won't have any idea where I am.

+1 on Paul's comment, your problem emminates from the Kernel in my estimation. I still believe that is has something to do with memory handling processes and possibly a bad firmware module. I say this only because there are only a handfull of you that are dumping memory like you are.

Hang in there, this will get resolved or you will get another refurb out of the deal.
    Hang in there Jaydee I know if I was dropping memory like you I would be going crazy too. Hopefully you'll get this resolved soon.
    Thanks guys! You're all so good to me!
    I used my phone to BBM after work a bit and when I looked at the memory loss it was up to 33.5MB lost in 8 hours.

I think I am going back to the other OS I had before. And doing it tonight instead of waiting. 333/357/359
    12-21-10 03:39 PM
    Ummm, it's tonight and I am, right now, installing SCrid's 333/357/359. He had to dig to find the java folder but we got it. My phone seemed to run ok on it. Not perfect but losing 16 MB in almost a day is way better than 33 in 8 hours.

So after tonight, i will now wait till we get a leak or official.

If you believe that...
    One good thing is that I have a goodly supply of gin and tonic water and the limes are a sitting on the counter...
    12-21-10 05:06 PM
    Ummm, it's tonight and I am, right now, installing SCrid's 333/357/359. He had to dig to find the java folder but we got it. My phone seemed to run ok on it. Not perfect but losing 16 MB in almost a day is way better than 33 in 8 hours.

So after tonight, i will now wait till we get a leak or official.

If you believe that...
    One good thing is that I have a goodly supply of gin and tonic water and the limes are a sitting on the counter...

JayDee, don't know if you tried this one or not. I've found it to be the best yet. I have not tried SCrid's tho. I tend to stick with what works once I find it that is.
    XxNLGxX 9650 v2.2 .333/.407
    Of course for your mem drain issue maybe nothing will fix that except a refurb. But if you get the itch on those cold NY nites. I see the forecast in your area is calling for more snow. We're getting a little of that calif rain.
    In any case enjoy! But, not toooo many G+T's
    12-21-10 05:20 PM
    JayDee, don't know if you tried this one or not. I've found it to be the best yet. I have not tried SCrid's tho. I tend to stick with what works once I find it that is.
    XxNLGxX 9650 v2.2 .333/.407
    Of course for your mem drain issue maybe nothing will fix that except a refurb. But if you get the itch on those cold NY nites. I see the forecast in your area is calling for more snow. We're getting a little of that calif rain.
    In any case enjoy! But, not toooo many G+T's
    Jim, actually the one I just got rid of that was so bad is the one you mentioned.

I liked Shane's much better!!!

Only one G & T tonight. Got to work in the am!!!! lol
    12-21-10 05:31 PM
    Jim, actually the one I just got rid of that was so bad is the one you mentioned.

I liked Shane's much better!!!

Only one G & T tonight. Got to work in the am!!!! lol
    Ha,Ha! Ok. It really is amazing what can work great on one of our bolds works bad on another. The best advice as always then is to stick with what works the best.
    TTYL
    12-21-10 05:37 PM
    JayDee, Have you tried SCrid's .333/.380/.407? It is running really well on my device. If you get the itch on a cold night with nothing else to do, give this one a try.

I know, I know, you said no more til a new release or an official! Yea, RIGHT!
    12-21-10 05:59 PM
    JayDee, Have you tried SCrid's .333/.380/.407? It is running really well on my device. If you get the itch on a cold night with nothing else to do, give this one a try.

I know, I know, you said no more til a new release or an official! Yea, RIGHT!
    Bob, I think I bypassed Shane's 333/380/407 and went right for the full 407 java swap of NGL. .Anyway, I won't be doing any 407. I disliked it so much before, I don't want to try it again in any form.

One thing tho, I did not have any trouble with my camera in the day, ONE DAY, that I had 407. HAHA 2 days 2 OSes.
    Hoo boy!
    12-21-10 06:28 PM
    Bob, I think I bypassed Shane's 333/380/407 and went right for the full 407 java swap of NGL. .Anyway, I won't be doing any 407. I disliked it so much before, I don't want to try it again in any form.

One thing tho, I did not have any trouble with my camera in the day, ONE DAY, that I had 407. HAHA 2 days 2 OSes.
    Hoo boy!
    And when the leak or official is .407, you are going to do WHAT???
    12-21-10 06:33 PM
    And when the leak or official is .407, you are going to do WHAT???
    Oh I'll install it Bob. Come too far to turn back now. Hoping that an official or leak will NOT use the 333 radio file. Maybe that will make a difference. And if it doesn't, I wait for the official. If it doesn't work well, I start calling VZW and see what I can squeeze outta them!!!!
    12-21-10 07:00 PM
    Oh I'll install it Bob. Come too far to turn back now. Hoping that an official or leak will NOT use the 333 radio file. Maybe that will make a difference. And if it doesn't, I wait for the official. If it doesn't work well, I start calling VZW and see what I can squeeze outta them!!!!
    Sounds like a plan...
    12-21-10 08:03 PM
    Well guys, SCrid (Shane) says that Sprint is releasing a 415 upgrade OTA for Sprint users now and an exe on the 29th....

So after Christmas we should have a drink... I mean another OS to upgrade to!
    With a new sfi file, I am sure! Yahoo! Maybe this will be the charm for my phone!

Oh, my hybrid settled in nicely as it was before. After 14 hours, a 22MB loss. That's about as good as it gets for me. I am convinced that it would hover there for a while longer. I had to do a batt pull because clicking on pictures in the media folder causes my phone to lock up. Go figure. Oh and the battery went all red, but was really at 91%.

Funky OS!!!

All's well so far. Let's hope we really see a new OS soon! from someone!
    Hurry, get your shopping done!
    Last edited by jaydee5799; 12-22-10 at 08:11 PM.
    12-22-10 07:27 PM
    What is the deal with vzw? They let Sprint beat them to the door with the 9650 and now have let them beat them again with the release of BB6. What are they thinking? They have all of us loyal customers to think about and they let Sprint beat them.
    12-22-10 10:00 PM
    What is the deal with vzw? They let Sprint beat them to the door with the 9650 and now have let them beat them again with the release of BB6. What are they thinking? They have all of us loyal customers to think about and they let Sprint beat them.
    Bob, Sprint is only releasing OTA. Who would want to do it that way anyway?
    You first have to downgrade to OS5 and then have to upgrade to OS6.
    Stupid if you ask me.

And aren't there a lot of people trying to do the same thing tonight so its ungodly slow. 2 hours to OTA? no thank you. I can wait for an exe file.
    12-22-10 10:12 PM
    Stupid if you ask me.

And aren't there a lot of people trying to do the same thing tonight so its ungodly slow. 2 hours to OTA? no thank you. I can wait for an exe file.
    I totally understand that, just venting!

It is soooo dumb for them to release that way, all they are doing is inviting their users to b**** about slow response times when trying to use their phones for the internet because thousands of id10ts are busy upgrading (x2) OTA. Really stupid in my book, but of course they didn't seek my ever so valuable opiniong.... Dorks!
    Last edited by BoDeb; 12-22-10 at 10:19 PM. Reason: Fat Fingers
    12-22-10 10:18 PM
    I totally understand that, just venting!

It is soooo dumb for them to release that way, all they are doing is inviting their users to b**** about slow response times when trying to use their phones for the internet because thousands of id10ts are busy upgrading (x2) OTA. Really stupid in my book, but of course they didn't seek my ever so valuable opiniong.... Dorks!
    I agree!!!
    Sour grapes taste good, huh?
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    We're not bitter. We just want a decent OS!
    12-22-10 10:24 PM
    Stupid if you ask me.

Jaydee, agreed I would never upgrade an OS OTA. But it sure would be nice to see VZW release BB6. Oh well, I guees we'll have .415 to look forward to next week.
    12-22-10 10:26 PM
    Oh well, I guees we'll have .415 to look forward to next week.
    A post Christmas gift!

We just want a decent OS!
    And leak free
    12-22-10 11:17 PM
    A post Christmas gift!

And leak free
    We'll have to let JayDee find out about that one for us, won't we?
    Last edited by Underway99; 12-22-10 at 11:44 PM.
    12-22-10 11:27 PM
    We'll have to let JayDee find out about that one for us, won't we?
    OK guys, I am downloading the 415 .exe from Sprint as I type here. Going to install it shortly!

Here's the link for the download...https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...BB765225CE8C0E
    12-23-10 06:42 AM
23,186 ... 334335336337338 ...