idk, I'm out of guesses.
    I'm sorry PC...I didn't make myself clear. Would the app that caused your leak be one that I am running too? If you can't name the app, you could PM me. Just wondering if you discovered an app that I DIDN'T test or delete once upon a time. Maybe you stumbled across my answer!!!!
    12-14-10 03:35 PM
    I'm sorry PC...I didn't make myself clear. Would the app that caused your leak be one that I am running too? If you can't name the app, you could PM me. Just wondering if you discovered an app that I DIDN'T test or delete once upon a time. Maybe you stumbled across my answer!!!!

Oh, no it's not an app I had before. I tried PageOnce Personal Finance today, and didn't like it.

I was just commenting that yesterday I had 270MB free, and today it's 280. I don't really pay much attention anymore, but I had to reboot to finish the app removal so I checked it for kicks.
    12-14-10 03:38 PM
    Oh ok. Got it. Thought maybe you stumbled upon my answer...
    12-14-10 03:41 PM
    Oh, no it's not an app I had before. I tried PageOnce Personal Finance today, and didn't like it.

I was just commenting that yesterday I had 270MB free, and today it's 280. I don't really pay much attention anymore, but I had to reboot to finish the app removal so I checked it for kicks.
    Maybe JayDee's leak is being picked up by your device. You are accumulating more instead of going down!
    12-14-10 05:21 PM
    Oh, of course! Here, I have memory to spare; let me stuff everyone's stocking with memory from my phone......
    12-14-10 05:36 PM
    LOL, thanks jaydee, I'm still running at 279!
    12-15-10 07:28 AM
    LOL, thanks jaydee, I'm still running at 279!
    Oh SUUUURRRRRREEEEEEEE. Anything for a friend
    HAHA

Going to install Shane's new hybrid this am...
    333 radio /359/380/407/418 files

I also see the Style got an official 6 today.
    Where's the love for our Baby Bolds????
    12-15-10 07:35 AM
    Mornin' Ramblers.So still no new leak, huh? I've been very pleased with this: (XxNLGxX 9650 v2.2 .333/.407), which I'm no longer having any issue with after re-installing it from a fresh 333 and fresh hybrid java file. the first time seemed kinda squirrly and I was having a browser data error problem. But the 2nd install went really well and being into the second day with it I'm happy with the way it's performing. I seem to maintain about 265mb free mem. Not sure what another leak would do better, but I'll jump on that bandwagon most likely when it gets here.
    I also saw where the style's latest leak has gone official. Maybe we'll be next.
    Gotta go get the car cleaned up, another great day for 'top down" driving.
    12-15-10 11:44 AM
    I have been running SCrid's .407 hybrid with the .380 patch for about 48 hours now. Device is running smoothly with about 280 MB free. Browser is still a bit slow rendering pages, I get a little jealous when I'm with one friend in particular when he wips out hos I-Toy and has an Internet page up and rendered in just a few seconds, sure hope RIM gives us that kind of speed SOON!

I was able to respond to one SMS message from a friend about a meeting, she replied to my response to her and when I went to reply again it gave me an error and didn't send the message. I have no idea what is going on with that, I may play with it more tomorrow if I have the time.

May have to look at the hybrid that JayDee is planning on loading, time will tell.
    12-15-10 10:40 PM
    I have been running SCrid's .407 hybrid with the .380 patch for about 48 hours now. Device is running smoothly with about 280 MB free. Browser is still a bit slow rendering pages, I get a little jealous when I'm with one friend in particular when he wips out hos I-Toy and has an Internet page up and rendered in just a few seconds, sure hope RIM gives us that kind of speed SOON!

I was able to respond to one SMS message from a friend about a meeting, she replied to my response to her and when I went to reply again it gave me an error and didn't send the message. I have no idea what is going on with that, I may play with it more tomorrow if I have the time.

May have to look at the hybrid that JayDee is planning on loading, time will tell.
    Hey Bob, Seems just about every other "smart" type phone browses faster than BB's. I don't see that changing anytime soon. I'm not holding my breath anyway for RIM to step it up. The webkit is kind of a feeble attempt if you ask me, but they sure do seem proud of it. But then our Bolds do so much better in other areas like messaging. So it's a trade off.
    As for your sms issue , I don't know if mine has that or not as I never send sms. It could and I wouldn't know. I do like this 407 build alot tho. Seems better than a pure 333. I wonder what we will ever end up with as "official" if verizon ever gets off their collective a$$es and throws us a bone.
    12-15-10 11:55 PM
    Hey guys!!
    I was going to install the 407-418 hybrid yesterday but my BBM was not saving contacts so I hesitated to pull the trigger till i get it resolved.

Also, even tho SCrid made the hybrid, he thinks that a lot of 418 does not play nice with the 9650 and if that equates to a faster draining battery, etc I am in no hurry to do it.

I think I will need to do the 359/407 that Bob and Jim have. But then again, without changing the radio files, it might just be window dressing for me. And right now, believe it or not, my phone is running well! Only losing 20 something over 24 hours and I an easily reboot when I need to.

I have been enjoying actually USING my phone...ENJOYING it!!!!
    12-16-10 06:19 AM
    Jim, I actually agree with you that the BBs do the essentials much better than the others. I-Toys are just glitz and glitter in my book, just happen to have a better/faster browser. As far as the texting goes, I don't use it myself other than I receive some txt messages from PGA and Chapions tours with scores during tournaments, occasionally from my kids and now this lady that I'm working on plans for a weekend retreat with who is a big texter. She says she would rather text than talk on the phone.

JayDee, thanks for the info that .418 is not playing nice. I've not bee over to the hybrid thread in a couple of days to look at the latest goings on. I'll pass on that myself. If you decide you want to go with the .359/.407 hybrid, think about the overlay of .380, that is what I have and it seems to run very well.

Where the he11 is a new leak? This is getting very annoying as all the other devices are getting new leaks and officials and we get no love at all. Enough already!!!!!!!!!
    12-16-10 07:55 AM
    Where the he11 is a new leak? This is getting very annoying as all the other devices are getting new leaks and officials and we get no love at all. Enough already!!!!!!!!!
    +1 I want that next leak too.
    12-16-10 08:01 AM
    I also am glad that I didn't load the 418. I think I am done until we see a new OS falls from the sky. Psst: are you listening, Santa? I've been fairly good this year...

I have not seen the SMS issue either with the 359/407 hybrid, only the same issues that I've had with straight 333 and the other 280 and 333-based hybrids I've tried: the notification bar lag, bedside mode reset, and the Webkit browser. This seems to run just a bit better than the straight 333, but I can't really put a finger on what's different. Perhaps the browser is a tiny bit snappier, but still slow.

I'd have to agree with you, JayDee. If you're happy with what you have, given all the difficulty that you've experienced, I'd leave well enough alone -- not even loading the 380 files -- and wait for the leak/official release with a newer radio.
    12-16-10 09:42 AM

I'd have to agree with you, JayDee. If you're happy with what you have, given all the difficulty that you've experienced, I'd leave well enough alone -- not even loading the 380 files -- and wait for the leak/official release with a newer radio.
    Yup. I find I can use my phone and it works. I feel comfortable with it right now so I think I will lay off the upgrading until something new comes down the pike.

My apps seem to run well even though I am still losing some memory. I just make a conscious effort to restart if I know I will be using a memory intensive app (like my NFL to go Sunday Ticket) and all is good. And I love multi-tasking. As long as I have enough memory for that, I won't worry about changing until a new OS arrives.

Let's hope Santa is bringing us one!!!!
    12-16-10 10:14 AM
    Yup. I find I can use my phone and it works. I feel comfortable with it right now so I think I will lay off the upgrading until something new comes down the pike.

My apps seem to run well even though I am still losing some memory. I just make a conscious effort to restart if I know I will be using a memory intensive app (like my NFL to go Sunday Ticket) and all is good. And I love multi-tasking. As long as I have enough memory for that, I won't worry about changing until a new OS arrives.

Let's hope Santa is bringing us one!!!!
    Just talked to Santa, he said "In your dreams!" He wants it for his 9650 also and can't get it either...
    12-16-10 03:43 PM
    Just talked to Santa, he said "In your dreams!" He wants it for his 9650 also and can't get it either...
    OK Bob, since you have a direct line, forget the Bold OS and put in an order for more gin for me... oh and tell Santa to send John Cusack to deliver it!
    12-16-10 03:45 PM
    OK Bob, since you have a direct line, forget the Bold OS and put in an order for more gin for me... oh and tell Santa to send John Cusack to deliver it!
    John Cusack????? I guess "Hot Tub Time Machine" was a good movie for some
    12-16-10 06:23 PM
    Remember the first part of my last post????
    12-16-10 06:26 PM
    John Cusack????? I guess "Hot Tub Time Machine" was a good movie for some
    Nah was thinking of my favorite movies..."Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil" and "Pushing Tin" and "Runaway Jury".

Hot Tub WHAT???
    HAHA
    Last edited by jaydee5799; 12-16-10 at 08:07 PM.
    12-16-10 08:05 PM
    I'm downloading a beta copy of Theme Studio 6 as I type this post. Not sure what is in it but thought I would download it and take a look. Since I got into using themes, thanks JayDee, I have wondered what it took to build them. I took a look at 5.0 and found it confusing, probably didn't spend enough time tinkering with it.

I'll take a look at 6 beta and see what is up, they claim it is easier for the new theme builder to learn to use. HA!

Time to go play and of course that is my time, so even though it is a bit nippy here (43) I think I'll survive. I have an enclosure for my golf cart and a heater if it is really bad enough. Y'all have a terrific day!
    12-17-10 08:02 AM
    I'm downloading a beta copy of Theme Studio 6 as I type this post. Not sure what is in it but thought I would download it and take a look. Since I got into using themes, thanks JayDee, I have wondered what it took to build them. I took a look at 5.0 and found it confusing, probably didn't spend enough time tinkering with it.

I'll take a look at 6 beta and see what is up, they claim it is easier for the new theme builder to learn to use. HA!

Time to go play and of course that is my time, so even though it is a bit nippy here (43) I think I'll survive. I have an enclosure for my golf cart and a heater if it is really bad enough. Y'all have a terrific day!

Bob, could you whip me up something with banners, trays and Verizon wallpaper, please?
    12-17-10 08:11 AM

Bob, why are you torturing me with themes? You know we are stuck with fugly stuff!!!!

But if you figure something out...I have requests, too!
    Thank you Santa Bob!!!!
    12-17-10 09:28 AM
    Banners? Yuck. I'll place an order for one without the !d!ot semi-transparent banner that messes with my wallpaper, and thankyou very much. (amazing !d!ot is a banned word)(hmmm...Paul?)LOL! j/k
    Seriously tho, How hard can it be to make themes with a theme builder? Maybe if we all had torches? I might have to D\L this beta myself and see what the deal is.
    EDIT: Bob Thought you had found a newer beta of "theme builder". My search only shows the original one from last august.
    Last edited by cbreze; 12-17-10 at 11:17 AM.
    12-17-10 10:59 AM
    Banners? Yuck. I'll place an order for one without the !d!ot semi-transparent banner that messes with my wallpaper, and thankyou very much. (amazing !d!ot is a banned word)(hmmm...Paul?)LOL! j/k
    Seriously tho, How hard can it be to make themes with a theme builder? Maybe if we all had torches? I might have to D\L this beta myself and see what the deal is.
    EDIT: Bob Thought you had found a newer beta of "theme builder". My search only shows the original one from last august.
    Jim, I think it's bull**** that the word id!iot is banned !
    cbreze likes this.
    12-17-10 11:19 AM
23,186 ... 332333334335336 ...