I'll be anxious to see how you like 407 Bob. I was about to load when I posted in Scrid's thread and he told me to wait. He is going to compile a 333/380/407 for me because of my many many complaints....
    No he is going to compile it because he likes to compile hybrids, I guess. He said wait a bit so I will try the next incarnation of it!

All I want for Christmas is my leak to go away....

8 hours...-27.MB
    I find myself a little more at ease however, since I dumped Meterberry. That little chip always in the RED got my blood boiling...
    It's done, I am entering activation codes which I will follow with a bat pull. I'm off to dinner and a meeting so won't have a chance to play with it much until later tonight, I'll keep you guys posted.

JayDee, let me know how this new one goes for you, I may have to install it just for grins if for no other reason. You are rubbing on on me with the hybrid installs you did on your 8330 and now your 9650.

Have a great evening, back later.
    12-08-10 06:07 PM
    It's done, I am entering activation codes which I will follow with a bat pull. I'm off to dinner and a meeting so won't have a chance to play with it much until later tonight, I'll keep you guys posted.

JayDee, let me know how this new one goes for you, I may have to install it just for grins if for no other reason. You are rubbing on on me with the hybrid installs you did on your 8330 and now your 9650.

Have a great evening, back later.
    Well, I couldn't wait to scratch the itch. I loaded Scrid's 407 hybrid this afternoon. Seems to be OK so far. No fix for the notification bar lag, but memory is holding steady. No problem with the camera either. And now, it looks like Scrid has another build headed out soon? That itch may not be scratched for long...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-08-10 09:34 PM
    Well, I couldn't wait to scratch the itch. I loaded Scrid's 407 hybrid this afternoon. Seems to be OK so far. No fix for the notification bar lag, but memory is holding steady. No problem with the camera either. And now, it looks like Scrid has another build headed out soon? That itch may not be scratched for long...

Yeah, I may have to scratch it again myself, maybe just for grins.

I've been up since my last bat pull for about 4 hours, have lost only .7MB of memory and the device seems to be running just fine. I checked the browser and there is no change there, I went to CB 9650 forums and the forum thread listing comes up quickly, then it sits for a log while as it loads the advertising trash on the right hand side. That effort takes it 3 or 4 times as long as loading the thread listing, maybe longer. I realize that it is ads that help CB pay the bills; however, it takes for EVER to load the stuf. I also realize that it is all graphics but I really dont' care about it anyway.

I'll probably do another bat pull before I put my Baby to bed in its cradle on my nightstand and see how it is doing in the AM.

As I said, I may go ahead and load the new one that SCrid's putting together just to see how it runs. We'll see, can't let JayDee go it alone in the uncharted waters of BB6 hybrids.
    12-08-10 10:19 PM
    Yeah, I may have to scratch it again myself, maybe just for grins.

I've been up since my last bat pull for about 4 hours, have lost only .7MB of memory and the device seems to be running just fine. I checked the browser and there is no change there, I went to CB 9650 forums and the forum thread listing comes up quickly, then it sits for a log while as it loads the advertising trash on the right hand side. That effort takes it 3 or 4 times as long as loading the thread listing, maybe longer. I realize that it is ads that help CB pay the bills; however, it takes for EVER to load the stuf. I also realize that it is all graphics but I really dont' care about it anyway.

I'll probably do another bat pull before I put my Baby to bed in its cradle on my nightstand and see how it is doing in the AM.

As I said, I may go ahead and load the new one that SCrid's putting together just to see how it runs. We'll see, can't let JayDee go it alone in the uncharted waters of BB6 hybrids.
    Definitely not. We'll have to make up the control group for comparison to her result.

12-08-10 11:34 PM
    Definitely not. We'll have to make up the control group for comparison to her result.

Yup!

Baby Bold running well. Texting problem seems to be fixed as it let me send a text, it was late and I have not heard from the person I sent it to; however, I am confident that they got it. In 12hrs uptime only lost 1.1MB so everything appears good on the menory front.

I can't figure out why these lates hybrids have been so large, previously I would have about 300 MB of free memory, now it is about 255MB, pretty large drop.
    12-09-10 06:48 AM

Ok guys, there is a 6.0.0.398 floating aound out there. That's gonna be our next leak, I believe. I found a link but can't get it to download.
    Have to wait a day or two I guess.

Look at me. A while ago I wasn't going to go to 6. Now I'm scouting out rogue hybrids and leaks before they are leaks!
    HAHA

PS 2 hours uptime...down 14MB
    Last edited by jaydee5799; 12-09-10 at 06:54 AM.
    12-09-10 06:49 AM
    Ok guys, there is a 6.0.0.398 floating aound out there. That's gonna be our next leak, I believe. I found a link but can't get it to download.
    Have to wait a day or two I guess.

Look at me. A while ago I wasn't going to go to 6. Now I'm scouting out rogue hybrids and leaks before they are leaks!
    HAHA

PS 2 hours uptime...down 14MB
    Is this kind of like drinking gin or Scotch or beer for the first time? For some, it's an acquired taste, and for others, they're hooked instantly. You're hooked.

Did you load the update tha SCrid posted yesterday?

BTW, 12 hours since my last battery pull...down 0.4MB
    12-09-10 08:46 AM
    Is this kind of like drinking gin or Scotch or beer for the first time? For some, it's an acquired taste, and for others, they're hooked instantly. You're hooked.

Did you load the update tha SCrid posted yesterday?

BTW, 12 hours since my last battery pull...down 0.4MB
    No did not load the latest 357/357/380/407
    because 398 leak is on the horizon anyday now...so they say.
    If does not appear by weekend, I will go to 407 java with 380 patch over 357/359...AKA Scrid's latest
    12-09-10 08:54 AM
    No did not load the latest 357/357/380/407
    because 398 leak is on the horizon anyday now...so they say.
    If does not appear by weekend, I will go to 407 java with 380 patch over 357/359...AKA Scrid's latest
    Good news, we've been waiting for a new leak to drop. I'll certainly install it once it is available, keep us posted if you get any further information. I'll be watching the leak forum as well.
    12-09-10 09:51 AM
    Glad to hear another leak is about to show. I'll snap it up for later maybe.
    Not at all sure why sites like CB (as mentioned above)load so slow with the web kit. I know there's a lot of adds, but 5's browser handles it considerably faster.
    ...just commenting.
    12-09-10 11:11 AM
    398 Leak??? Let's go already!!!!

tre mille
    Last edited by pcgizmo; 12-09-10 at 03:06 PM.
    12-09-10 11:13 AM

tre mille
    Congrats on 3000. Do you get early access to leaks now?
    12-09-10 06:22 PM

tre mille
    Paul, Congrats on 3000 posts!!!

And a word on my leak...yesterday it settled around -40 for the day.
    Today it leveled off at 20 or so. Weird.
    Paul says it must be the user! Ahem....I resemble that remark!
    Last edited by jaydee5799; 12-09-10 at 06:26 PM.
    pcgizmo#IM likes this.
    12-09-10 06:24 PM
    Yeah Paul congrats on your 3000th post. As I shamelessly see a way to get one post closer to my own little milestone.
    On another note, Interested to see what the new soon(hopefully)to be leaked tweaked os6 will provide us with. Hoping JayDee's baby quits leaking all over the place and the rest also get what they want. I really had no issues with 333 fortunately so I'll just wait and see.
    I'm enjoying watching and listening to you all changing hybrids all over the place. Kinda reminds me of when I used winmo devices and changed ROMS every other day.
    pcgizmo#IM likes this.
    12-09-10 07:12 PM

tre mille
    Three cheers for Paul.

Congrats on your 3,000th post...
    pcgizmo#IM likes this.
    12-09-10 08:18 PM
    Congrats on 3000. Do you get early access to leaks now?
    Paul, Congrats on 3000 posts!!!

And a word on my leak...yesterday it settled around -40 for the day.
    Today it leveled off at 20 or so. Weird.
    Paul says it must be the user! Ahem....I resemble that remark!
    Yeah Paul congrats on your 3000th post. As I shamelessly see a way to get one post closer to my own little milestone.
    Three cheers for Paul.

Congrats on your 3,000th post...
    Thanks all, you guys are great!!!!.

Jim you should cross that milestone today!!!

jaydee, nothing on that link, I put my "King of Links" hat on a scoured the interwebz for it.

Underway, if I had early access to any leaks the mebers of this forum would be the first to have access

Thanks, Bob!!!!
    12-10-10 07:20 AM
    Thanks all, you guys are great!!!!.

Jim you should cross that milestone today!!!

jaydee, nothing on that link, I put my "King of Links" hat on a scoured the interwebz for it.

Underway, if I had early access to any leaks the mebers of this forum would be the first to have access

Thanks, Bob!!!!
    Paul, You are most welcome. Your guidance and advice have been very much appreicated by me and I'm sure by many others (let's not forget the links). I thank you for that and look forward to enjoying much more here in the Rambler group.
    pcgizmo#IM likes this.
    12-10-10 07:32 AM
    Paul, You are most welcome. Your guidance and advice have been very much appreicated by me and I'm sure by many others (let's not forget the links). I thank you for that and look forward to enjoying much more here in the Rambler group.
    Bob, your device info made chuckle 9650 Bold 407 357 333 358 359 333 280 222 344

Good Lord man!!!!

Oh, btw....after reading some posts by one of the rudest noobs I've encountered in quite sometime, and reporting 3 posts for profanity, apparently it's ok to use the word bull**** in a post. But you canot call someone an id_iot. If anyone can explain that one to me, I'm all ears.
    Last edited by pcgizmo; 12-10-10 at 07:40 AM.
    12-10-10 07:36 AM
    Bob, your device info made chuckle 9650 Bold 407 357 333 358 359 333 280 222 344

Good Lord man!!!!

Oh, btw....after reading some posts by one of the rudest noobs I've encountered in quite sometime, and reporting 3 posts for profanity, apparently it's ok to use the word bull**** in a post. But you canot call someone an id_iot. If anyone can explain that one to me, I'm all ears.
    Let me put my hearing aids in so I can hear that one also.

As to the device info, that is as much (or more) for me to help me keep up with all the various hybrids I have been installing lately. I keep scrathing my head trying to remember "Who's on first, what's on second..." I'm sure you get the picture. You must remember, that at my age the memory leaks are not necessarily associated with my Baby Bold, nuff said!
    12-10-10 07:52 AM
    Let me put my hearing aids in so I can hear that one also.

As to the device info, that is as much (or more) for me to help me keep up with all the various hybrids I have been installing lately. I keep scrathing my head trying to remember "Who's on first, what's on second..." I'm sure you get the picture. You must remember, that at my age the memory leaks are not necessarily associated with my Baby Bold, nuff said!
    Bob, do you actually think I am going to let you install more hybrids and OSes than MOI???????

I don't think so!!!!
    Your list is starting to sound like mine. I have not pulled the trigger on 407 yet because I was sure we were gonna get a new leak really soon. Hmmmmm...maybe tomorrow I will go to 333 with full 407 java.
    That's different!

Oh and my bb seems to level off at -20 or -23MB.
    Settled down a bit. But it also randomly restarted too tonight for the first time on OS6...baloney!!
    12-10-10 06:55 PM
    Bob, do you actually think I am going to let you install more hybrids and OSes than MOI???????

I don't think so!!!!
    Your list is starting to sound like mine. I have not pulled the trigger on 407 yet because I was sure we were gonna get a new leak really soon. Hmmmmm...maybe tomorrow I will go to 333 with full 407 java.
    That's different!

Oh and my bb seems to level off at -20 or -23MB.
    Settled down a bit. But it also randomly restarted too tonight for the first time on OS6...baloney!!
    Now, you're having reset issues? What changed?

JayDee, are you keeping a running tally of all the problems that you've had, the hardware/software conditions in which you had them, and the steps you've taken to solve them? It might be cool to see a list of just how you've spent the last 30 or so Blackberry days. Kind of like a troubleshooting log. It'd be a great primer for our 9650.
    12-10-10 10:13 PM

JayDee, are you keeping a running tally of all the problems that you've had, the hardware/software conditions in which you had them, and the steps you've taken to solve them? It might be cool to see a list of just how you've spent the last 30 or so Blackberry days. Kind of like a troubleshooting log. It'd be a great primer for our 9650.
    Sounds almost like Payton Place of the Blackberry World.!

I may not catch you JayDee; however, I'm trying for second place.
    12-10-10 11:16 PM
    Underway,can you believe it but I have a little black book in which I keep everything related to my 9650. I also write down what I have done to it and the date. Reads like a diary of a person kept in a basement chained to a wall, that's how depressing it is! Absolutely no new apps have been added since my last upgrade which was what a few days ago. Maybe monday. My phone was sitting in the charger and I was not using it when it rebooted. No rhyme or reason. Others have had the same problem. I know its the os. Where the **** is the new leak? And I see people are still having random reboots with 407 but I may go to that tonight for the halibut.

12-11-10 04:35 AM
    My bold random rebooted yesterday while in the pod charging. First time ever doing that. Running 5/983. Hoping it's a fluke.

12-11-10 06:48 AM
    My bold random rebooted yesterday while in the pod charging. First time ever doing that. Running 5/983. Hoping it's a fluke.

Must mean you need to go back to BB6!!!
    12-11-10 11:42 AM
23,186 ... 328329330331332 ...