I haven't missed Meterberry but I did go into BBMeter to check.
    And since I rebooted this am at 5, I have chatted with three people, listened to 2 hours of Christmas music from my media card, changed my wallpaper, taken a phone call and I am down 18MB. Eh. My phone still works. So whatever. Maybe the next leak will be better on my phone and someone else will have the problem!
    When I had my tour the same thing happened to me with OS5 and I went through 4 tours and nothing fixed it. I could not determine what was causing this to the point that I asked Sprint to replace the last one with Bold. I have the same apps on my Bold now and not a single issue with memory leak. Something was definitely causing the leak with the OS.
    12-06-10 03:24 PM
    I got one, have any of you had an issue with sending SMS messages? I am able to receive but every time I try to send I get some kind of error. The errors don't seem to be the same every time.

This is not a show stopper for me since I do very little texting. I have a person with whom I am working on an upcoming event and she likes to text instead of email, she has sent me a couple of texts and I have been unable to reply to her and had to call or email my answers. Can't BBM as she has an I-Toy.
    12-06-10 03:24 PM
    When I had my tour the same thing happened to me with OS5 and I went through 4 tours and nothing fixed it. I could not determine what was causing this to the point that I asked Sprint to replace the last one with Bold. I have the same apps on my Bold now and not a single issue with memory leak. Something was definitely causing the leak with the OS.
    I think most of us have come to accept that the problem is located between the Hardware/Firmware and the OS. She has tried various things to try and identify the specific cause of the leak to no avail. The closest she has come is when she loaded .333 with no 3rd party apps and the thing leaked like a sive.

I personally lean toward the problem being Firmware related and that RIM has changed the memory handling routines to use Firmware that was not used previously. I believe that this is where the bad actor that is causing the leaks is residing. FWIW, my opinion.
    12-06-10 03:29 PM
    Michel,
    That's going to be my next move. As soon as OS6 becomes official, and my Bold leaks like a sonofagun...I am going to start calling and getting replacements until I find one that doesn't.

Of course, with VZW, that's easier said than done! But they don't know who they're dealing with, huh Bob?

I can thwack a ruler across someone's head as easy as pie! LMAO

PS Start making me a theme for OS6 NOW!!!!!
    Please Please Please!!!! Ive gotten my Ramblers to use your themes, too!!! We all want them for OS6!!!!!
    12-06-10 03:38 PM
    Double posts. Am I the queen of that or what?
    Guess what I'm doing?
    Changing my OS again!
    I'm putting on 6.0.0.333/357/359
    The leak on straight 333 was 43.5MB after just 12 hours. At that rate I'd be rebooting in no time. So I decided to go to the OS I had before...it leaks but not as badly as straight 333...
    will keep you posted.

In the morn I will have a report for you to mull over for the day, as Bob likes to say.
    12-06-10 05:27 PM
    Double posts. Am I the queen of that or what?
    You may be the queen of double posts, but Bob's the king. I'm next.
    12-06-10 06:27 PM
    Good luck Jaydee, looking forward to your report in the morning.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-06-10 07:02 PM
    Michel,
    That's going to be my next move. As soon as OS6 becomes official, and my Bold leaks like a sonofagun...I am going to start calling and getting replacements until I find one that doesn't.

Of course, with VZW, that's easier said than done! But they don't know who they're dealing with, huh Bob?

I can thwack a ruler across someone's head as easy as pie! LMAO

PS Start making me a theme for OS6 NOW!!!!!
    Please Please Please!!!! Ive gotten my Ramblers to use your themes, too!!! We all want them for OS6!!!!!
    You bet, I dare them to give you any lip!

Hmmm! Yeah!

Bring them on, I sure miss those Al3azim themes I had on OS5.
    12-06-10 08:50 PM
    Good luck Jaydee, looking forward to your report in the morning.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Morning like heck, I want to know how it is going tonight!

Update??????
    12-06-10 08:54 PM
    Morning like heck, I want to know how it is going tonight!

Update??????
    OK UPDATE:
    Got 333/357/359 installed on my Baby Bold.
    Used Apploader and for some reason, not all my apps were installed back. But I used BBSAK and reinstalled everything I had and then deleted what I didn't want right now.
    All is good. No lag and smoother than straight 333 for me.
    As far as leak...oh yeah. It's still there as far as I can tell. But what the heck. We knew it wasn't going anywhere...
    But I will see tonight how fast it runs away and let you know in the am.
    Did my last battery pull till 5 am...
    12-06-10 09:03 PM
    OK UPDATE:
    Got 333/357/359 installed on my Baby Bold.
    Used Apploader and for some reason, not all my apps were installed back. But I used BBSAK and reinstalled everything I had and then deleted what I didn't want right now.
    All is good. No lag and smoother than straight 333 for me.
    As far as leak...oh yeah. It's still there as far as I can tell. But what the heck. We knew it wasn't going anywhere...
    But I will see tonight how fast it runs away and let you know in the am.
    Did my last battery pull till 5 am...
    Great, glad you got your Baby back up and running. Smoother is good... We'll be looking for another update in the AM.
    12-06-10 09:13 PM
    OK Ramblers, I need some help and some understanding.

I think I have mentioned that I work a couple of days a week at a Golf Cart Sales and Service shop. Anyway, the business was sold and the new owners like GMail and Google calendars.

Sooooo, I have setup an @gmail.com email account and I have a couple of questions.
    1. I found where I can have the account use my work email address as the sending and replay email addresses from the inbox of my account. How can I have the emails that I send from my Baby Bold via this gmail address use that same email address?
    2. I have read how easy it is and how fast the emails download from the gamil inbox to the berry, not so. At least I have not been able to make that happen. I expect that I missed the most obvious settingt but don't know which one it is...
    3. They gave me a link to 3 different calendars that we will be using, when I tried to attach them to my account I got some kind of error message about a one time usage so I guess that is the problem there.
    4. When I first attempted to use the links, I had not yet setup the gmail account and didn't really know what the link was for because the email comments were not intuitively obvious, gmail logged me in using my @vzw.blackberry.net ID and attached the calendars to that account. When I tried to go back to that login I was told that the login didn't exist. Very strange to me.
    Anyone have any thoughts on any of these points I would really appreciate some help and enlightenment.

Thanks,
    12-06-10 09:28 PM
    Bob,

First off, let me congratulate you on resurrecting such an ancient thread!

I do exactly what you are trying to do. This will address some of your points, but admittedly not all of them. The first thing you want to do is have your non Gmail address forward all emails to your work Gmail account. To simplify this discussion, we will call that address “[email protected]

Then from your Gmail screen

click on ‘settings’

then click ‘Accounts and Import’

From here you can set up the email addresses you want your Gmail account to send from. Make an account for [email protected]. When customers reply to email from [email protected], it should come right back to your Gmail inbox. Make sure you set up your outbound SMTP server (typically SMTP.golfcartds.com or or mail.golfcarts.com or gmail will send mail from your [email protected] on behalf of [email protected] and customers will see this on the headers. There’s nothing wrong with doing this but it looks kind of unprofessional to some people. One minor note about this..... It really doesn’t matter what outbound SMTP server you use because the end recipient will always see that the mail came from [email protected] I ran into this issue when I couldn’t get google to accept my outbound mail server, so I just chose another one that I know and its always worked out.

Now, as far as your berry goes, just have [email protected] an account on your BIS or BES. Replies will go to the berry. They should also go to your Gmail inbox since you have your [email protected] mail forwarded to gmail right?

The calender issue shouldn't be an issue at all. If they have the company calendars shared with [email protected], then you should be able to see them (or edit them depending on how they have the permission set up.)

Hope that helps somehow.

Roc
    Last edited by rocco225; 12-06-10 at 10:26 PM.
    12-06-10 10:23 PM
    I try not to stress about it, but honestly, if YOU looked at your phone and saw 40MB down in a day's time, what would YOU say?

I have to reboot twice a day to keep it in check.

PS This straight 333 stinks! I'm down 35.5MB since 5 am...9 hours.
    I would think its a lot and look into which apps I have running. remove them all and then install one by one to see what is causing the leak. or just go back to os5 and wait for an official release

You might want to try an hybrid
    12-06-10 10:57 PM
    I would think its a lot and look into which apps I have running. remove them all and then install one by one to see what is causing the leak. or just go back to os5 and wait for an official release

You might want to try an hybrid
    Somehow I think you came in on this problem a little late. I have:
    run 333
    run 333/357
    run 333/357/359 3x
    run willyboys v8.1
    run willyboys v8.2
    run scrids 333/357/359
    run 280/333/357
    run 280
    and am creating a new hybrid for myself of 333/357/359/407 from the Style 9760

I have also booted into safe mode with NO apps and added them one at a time.

THE OS LEAKS. That shouldn't be too hard for anyone to understand.
    And there's no need to go to an outdated OS (5) when this one works fine, it's just a pain to reboot.

Excuse me if I sound frazzled but I HAVE TRIED EVERYTHING and no one can acuse me of not doing that first before I complain. I feel I have earned my right.
    12-07-10 06:07 AM
    Bob,

I'm not Bob (He's much wiser and more handsome than I)
    But this thread is NOT ancient!!!!
    We post here everyday!
    What exactly are you trying to say?????
    12-07-10 06:14 AM
    JayDee, Morning report???
    12-07-10 07:27 AM
    I'm not Bob (He's much wiser and more handsome than I)
    But this thread is NOT ancient!!!!
    We post here everyday!
    What exactly are you trying to say?????
    I was replying to post #8319. I don't know what you're talking about
    12-07-10 07:29 AM
    Bob,

Roc
    What ancient thread? Obviously, you don't know what you're talking about.
    Last edited by pcgizmo; 12-07-10 at 08:07 AM.
    12-07-10 07:36 AM
    Bob,

I do exactly what you are trying to do. This will address some of your points, but admittedly not all of them. The first thing you want to do is have your non Gmail address forward all emails to your work Gmail account. To simplify this discussion, we will call that address �[email protected]

Then from your Gmail screen

click on �settings�

then click �Accounts and Import�

From here you can set up the email addresses you want your Gmail account to send from. Make an account for [email protected]. When customers reply to email from [email protected], it should come right back to your Gmail inbox. Make sure you set up your outbound SMTP server (typically SMTP.golfcartds.com or or mail.golfcarts.com or gmail will send mail from your [email protected] on behalf of [email protected] and customers will see this on the headers. There�s nothing wrong with doing this but it looks kind of unprofessional to some people. One minor note about this..... It really doesn�t matter what outbound SMTP server you use because the end recipient will always see that the mail came from [email protected] I ran into this issue when I couldn�t get google to accept my outbound mail server, so I just chose another one that I know and its always worked out.

Now, as far as your berry goes, just have [email protected] an account on your BIS or BES. Replies will go to the berry. They should also go to your Gmail inbox since you have your [email protected] mail forwarded to gmail right?

The calender issue shouldn't be an issue at all. If they have the company calendars shared with [email protected], then you should be able to see them (or edit them depending on how they have the permission set up.)

Hope that helps somehow.

Roc
    Rocco,
    I have not resurected this thread, several of us that hang out in this thread groveled and pleaded with the mods to let us keep it, thanks to Yester it was remaned and he allowed us to keep it and it lives on today in all of its glory and with tons of history regarding our thoughts and probably a few unmentionalbe comments about the arrival of our Baby Bolds. We didn't want to lose all of that history, so here we are.

Thanks for the response to my questions, I'll study them and and do some of this this pm, I'm off the the golf course now. I have done some of what you suggest, will see what else you have here that I can do.

Thanks again.
    12-07-10 07:45 AM
    I was replying to post #8319. I don't know what you're talking about
    Sorry Buddy, but I take offense to people calling this thread ancient.
    As I do my best to keep it and all the regulars Ramblers who post here current. So when you said "ancient" I felt the need to respond.

There are other threads if this one is not to your liking.
    12-07-10 08:08 AM
    JayDee, Morning report???
    Bob,
    I restarted last night at 10 pm and at 5 am I had a total loss of memory of 14.5MB

Pretty depressing.
    I am thinking of going to the 333/357/359/407 hybrid that Scrid is advertising in the Hybrids thread. A friend of mine installed 407 over his 333/357/359 java folder and it seems to run smoothly for him. the 407 is from the Style 9760...

Of course, I would like to use my phone for a day without having to upgrade so I might wait till the weekend. Hopefully by then I'll be snowed in.
    12-07-10 08:16 AM
    Somehow I think you came in on this problem a little late. I have:
    run 333
    run 333/357
    run 333/357/359 3x
    run willyboys v8.1
    run willyboys v8.2
    run scrids 333/357/359
    run 280/333/357
    run 280
    and am creating a new hybrid for myself of 333/357/359/407 from the Style 9760

I have also booted into safe mode with NO apps and added them one at a time.

THE OS LEAKS. That shouldn't be too hard for anyone to understand.
    And there's no need to go to an outdated OS (5) when this one works fine, it's just a pain to reboot.

Excuse me if I sound frazzled but I HAVE TRIED EVERYTHING and no one can acuse me of not doing that first before I complain. I feel I have earned my right.
    Thats a nice list, i still dare to state its your device and not just the OS. Thats not telling you that you haven't tried anything, but apparently it just doesn't play well with your device somehow. Then the only suggestion is roll back to OS5 and wait for an official one. You're still installing leaks and they are far from perfect (is any bb os perfect btw ) Or just bbsak wipe it and go to verizon and say it bricked when you tried to install the latest OS. They will give you a replacement then. I know you tried everything but if none of the installed os's and hybrids work well for you this is sometimes the only way.

Or just accept the leakage and give it a battery pull once a day

There are a few leaks coming up imo so perhaps there will a new leak for us 9650 owners as well.
    12-07-10 08:27 AM
    Thats a nice list, i still dare to state its your device and not just the OS. Thats not telling you that you haven't tried anything, but apparently it just doesn't play well with your device somehow. Then the only suggestion is roll back to OS5 and wait for an official one. You're still installing leaks and they are far from perfect (is any bb os perfect btw ) Or just bbsak wipe it and go to verizon and say it bricked when you tried to install the latest OS. They will give you a replacement then. I know you tried everything but if none of the installed os's and hybrids work well for you this is sometimes the only way.

Or just accept the leakage and give it a battery pull once a day

There are a few leaks coming up imo so perhaps there will a new leak for us 9650 owners as well.
    Thanks for the suggestion but this IS the second refurb from VZW.
    I am going to wait till the official hits and when it leaks, start the parade of refurb devices. And reboot in the meantime. And do you represent driphter? or just run a hybrid?
    Last edited by jaydee5799; 12-07-10 at 08:36 AM.
    12-07-10 08:32 AM
    What ancient thread? Obviously, you don't know what you're talking about.
    You're right. I thought this was an old Essex pre-release thread. Sorry everyone. I stand corrected, admonished, and forever ashamed of my insidious remark about calling the thread ancient. I just saw the word Essex and stopped reading there.
    12-07-10 09:52 AM
23,186 ... 326327328329330 ...