JayDee, leave BB? I never thought I'd hear that. I would also miss your posts , insight and humor. So banish that thought.
    I say you've given os6 every chance in the book and then some. You certainly have gone the xtra mile trying to get it to perform. Why it doesn't work for you may remain the mystery forever. If I were you I would have gone back to 5 by now. How do you know for sure you would not have the leaks there also? If it's a device issue(which you thought was a possibility once) then who knows?
    Don't load anymore incarnations/hybrids of 6. Just go back to 5 and wait for the "official" verizon release of 6. Thats my advice. You've seen 6, you know what it's all about. Get back to an os that works for you. Plus themes JayDee, themes! Beautiful, wonderful themes. And column view Hmmmm...maybe I'll go with you.
    12-05-10 07:11 PM
    Wow, thanks Ellie!!!
    Why didn't you say so?
    We could be getting into that good stuff right now!!!

Actually, I did NOT install Meterberry this time around and I am using BBMeter instead. A freebie. And guess what it shows me? Two hours since my last reboot and NO MEMORY LEAK!!!!!

Could it be? Paul and Underway said they didn't trust Meterberry on OS6 since I was having all this trouble. Maybe there's something to that!!!!

OK, now all I gotta do is make a stop at the liquor store tomorrow and light a few more candles to the gods of BB....
    12-05-10 07:12 PM
    jd,
    calm down and take a breather. As for the bbm avatar issue its true that it takes some time after updating your os for the avatars to return, but bbm avatars in general today have been messed up. there has been several reports (mine included) of all the avatars just suddenly disappearing. I didnt do anything to my phone today and all my contact avatars in bbm vanished for some reason. So dont worry rim must be experiencing some issues or changing something related to bbm that is causing these issues. Just give it some time they will come back.
    JayDee, leave BB? I never thought I'd hear that. I would also miss your posts , insight and humor. So banish that thought.
    I say you've given os6 every chance in the book and then some. You certainly have gone the xtra mile trying to get it to perform. Why it doesn't work for you may remain the mystery forever. If I were you I would have gone back to 5 by now. How do you know for sure you would not have the leaks there also? If it's a device issue(which you thought was a possibility once) then who knows?
    Don't load anymore incarnations/hybrids of 6. Just go back to 5 and wait for the "official" verizon release of 6. Thats my advice. You've seen 6, you know what it's all about. Get back to an os that works for you. Plus themes JayDee, themes! Beautiful, wonderful themes. And column view Hmmmm...maybe I'll go with you.
    Jim and RR...It is very touching to have you both trying to help me calm down. I guess I was really in a state before. I have since calmed down a bit. RR- good to know that there is a problem and it's not just me. Come to think of it, my avy dropped off last night and I blamed it on the safe mode experiment. They must have been having trouble then.

Jim, I have given it more than a college try, haven't I? And going back to themes sounds wonderful. Even Al3azim (whom I bets tested themes for) posted in another thread that his theme was calling my name! HAHAHAHA While it would be easy to return to 975 (oh the good old days) I can't now. I am not going to let this dang OS beat me. I am going to beat it into submission. Just me and a whole lotta gin!

2 hours...no leaks! All my apps are on too.
    12-05-10 07:21 PM
    2 hours...no leaks! All my apps are on too.
    You said you were having freezing issues also tho. Still doing that? That would drive me to drink more than any mem leak.
    12-05-10 07:24 PM
    Hey Jaydee,

My fingers....toes.....and everything else is crossed for you. I just had a nice shot of very cold vodka for you.
    12-05-10 07:29 PM
    Almost out of gin? Double Oh No!

About my kid, ever see those bumper stickers that say...
    "MY KID AND MY MONEY GO TO R.P.I." ? Well that pretty much sums up my life these days! LOL
    Seriously he IS a pretty smart cookie, into biotech and bioengineering!
    Maybe he can learn how to clone some replacement parts for Dear Ole Dad someday!
    (Also now you know exactly why I am such a BB noob, my 9650 is my FIRST smartphone ever, couldn't afford one before. My kid has 2 older brothers who also went to college on Dad, not at RPI though...thank GOD!) ROFLOL

Well, back to BB, if anyone can help you, It'll be these geniuses here. They amaze me at times. I am not worthy!
    Not one of the geniuses yet; however, what I know about BB has mostly been learned from the likes of JayDee and Paul. They have a ton of knowledge and share it willingly. The only reason some of us like myselft can help JayDee with this crazy stuff going on with her Baby Bold is that we are not actually in the middle of it as she is. Hang out here and read the goings on in this thread and others and you WILL be worthy before you know it.
    12-05-10 08:07 PM
    Well JayDee I've been a fan of you and the other guru's in this thread since you guys helped me with the problem I was having with my Bold.
    I've been following your situation closely as I have not upgraded to 6 yet. This is better than the best who dun it I've seen in a long time. I know you guys WILL figure it out. I'm just waiting intently for the solution. GOOD LUCK and I like your spunk!!
    12-05-10 08:31 PM
    Well JayDee I've been a fan of you and the other guru's in this thread since you guys helped me with the problem I was having with my Bold.
    I've been following your situation closely as I have not upgraded to 6 yet. This is better than the best who dun it I've seen in a long time. I know you guys WILL figure it out. I'm just waiting intently for the solution. GOOD LUCK and I like your spunk!!
    HAHA! C- how you been?? Long time no see!!!!
    Glad to see you're still around!
    Yes, we will figure this out and it will not get the best of me!!!
    12-05-10 08:37 PM
    Ok. I admit it. I stalk jaydee's posts too. She almost had me convinced to take on OS6 in spite of my chicken livered self. Then I saw she had problems and I backed off.

Keep fighting jaydee! Maybe one day I'll get enough grit to join ya.
    12-05-10 10:00 PM
    Jaydee, It's unbelievable the trouble you're having with the leaks. You have more patience than me. But then again that's what makes you a great teacher I bet. I would have been long gone back to 595. Try to calm down and hang in there.
    12-05-10 11:31 PM
    Good morning Ramblers!

OK JayDee, How did you fair overnight? Was there memory laying on the table all around your Baby Bold? Still freezing up?

We need an early morning status report so we can all mull this one over all day...

Everyone have a terrific day!!!
    12-06-10 06:01 AM
    Ok. I admit it. I stalk jaydee's posts too. She almost had me convinced to take on OS6 in spite of my chicken livered self. Then I saw she had problems and I backed off.

Keep fighting jaydee! Maybe one day I'll get enough grit to join ya.
    Jaydee, It's unbelievable the trouble you're having with the leaks. You have more patience than me. But then again that's what makes you a great teacher I bet. I would have been long gone back to 595. Try to calm down and hang in there.
    Awww thanks for the encouragement Prince and Hello to Red!
    I feel like Oprah...I got fans out there somewhere...lol

Good Morning Ramblers!!!
    Here's the good word for today...16 hours after I loaded 333, my BBM avys finally popped in! At least the bulk of them. I still have a few that are missing but I will watch to see if they eventually fill in...Paul and RR were right, just wait and it will work out. So thanks guys!

now the bad news: the leak update. From 9 pm last night too 5 am when I got up...a total loss of 14MB

Which is not bad considering the time factor. But that's while the dang phone was sitting idle in a charger. Go figure. A close friend of mine, who happens to be well-known on these forums as well chatted with me today on the way into work. He also has a BAD leak in his 9650...sometimes more than 50MB in 24 hours. Here's our convo from this am:

Me: I reloaded 333 yesterday.
    Him: I reloaded 3xx too (as a Mod he has access to a different one than we do)
    Me: In hopes of...you know.
    Him: Didn't work, did it?
    Me: Nope. U?
    Him: Nope. Like chasing ghosts.

I kinda like that: CHASING GHOSTS. I think that's exactly what I've been doing. Ah well, tis the season to be jolly.

Have a good day everyone and Like Arnold....I'LL BE BAAAAACCCCCCKKK!
    12-06-10 06:10 AM
    Awww thanks for the encouragement Prince and Hello to Red!
    I feel like Oprah...I got fans out there somewhere...lol

Good Morning Ramblers!!!
    Here's the good word for today...16 hours after I loaded 333, my BBM avys finally popped in! At least the bulk of them. I still have a few that are missing but I will watch to see if they eventually fill in...Paul and RR were right, just wait and it will work out. So thanks guys!

now the bad news: the leak update. From 9 pm last night too 5 am when I got up...a total loss of 14MB

Which is not bad considering the time factor. But that's while the dang phone was sitting idle in a charger. Go figure. A close friend of mine, who happens to be well-known on these forums as well chatted with me today on the way into work. He also has a BAD leak in his 9650...sometimes more than 50MB in 24 hours. Here's our convo from this am:

Me: I reloaded 333 yesterday.
    Him: I reloaded 3xx too (as a Mod he has access to a different one than we do)
    Me: In hopes of...you know.
    Him: Didn't work, did it?
    Me: Nope. U?
    Him: Nope. Like chasing ghosts.

I kinda like that: CHASING GHOSTS. I think that's exactly what I've been doing. Ah well, tis the season to be jolly.

Have a good day everyone and Like Arnold....I'LL BE BAAAAACCCCCCKKK!
    I know there has got to be a diaper out there that fits your Baby Bold. I'm sure you'll have a G&T in honor of the one who discovers its where abouts.
    12-06-10 06:25 AM
    Wow, thanks Ellie!!!
    Why didn't you say so?
    We could be getting into that good stuff right now!!!

Actually, I did NOT install Meterberry this time around and I am using BBMeter instead. A freebie. And guess what it shows me? Two hours since my last reboot and NO MEMORY LEAK!!!!!

Could it be? Paul and Underway said they didn't trust Meterberry on OS6 since I was having all this trouble. Maybe there's something to that!!!!

OK, now all I gotta do is make a stop at the liquor store tomorrow and light a few more candles to the gods of BB....
    I just checked MeterBerry, and I'm now down only 1.4MB since my last reboot; yesterday it was 2.2MB. I think you're better off without MB since it may or may not be as reliable as we'd all hoped. I got it for my Storm, when I only had 30MB free and OS 4.7.0.148 leaked like crazy. MeterBerry doesn't seem as relevant anymore on my Bold with 270MB free.

edit: Are your BBM avatars back? Last night when you BBM'd me they hadn't reappeared. I don't know why there's a delay in restoring them, I just know that it does take a while for them to come back.
    Last edited by pcgizmo; 12-06-10 at 07:55 AM.
    12-06-10 07:50 AM
    I haven't missed Meterberry but I did go into BBMeter to check.
    And since I rebooted this am at 5, I have chatted with three people, listened to 2 hours of Christmas music from my media card, changed my wallpaper, taken a phone call and I am down 18MB. Eh. My phone still works. So whatever. Maybe the next leak will be better on my phone and someone else will have the problem!
    12-06-10 07:56 AM
    I would't stress up so much about memory leakage. You have enough free memory to let your phone run properly. If you use apps or whatever on your phone it will temporarily block ram memory. Just do a battery pull every few days or schedule one at a time you don't use it. This will free up the blocked temp memory and you your ok again.

But even then the way java works you still loose some memory over time as remains gets clogged up. Thats why it's good to occasionally give your device a security wipe and wipe it again with BBSAK. Then (re)install a fresh OS and you will clear up that trash. This is the memory gain people talk about after installing a fresh os on their phone. Its simply maintenance on your device. Just like you need to do with a pc/laptop.
    12-06-10 11:11 AM
    jaydee, I removed MeterBerry this morning. I just checked Free app memory 3 times within a minute or so in Application Mgmt.

First time: 273.9 Free
    Second 262.8 Free
    Third 266.7 Free

I wouldn't worry too much about it. ;-)
    12-06-10 11:27 AM
    O.K "Ramblers" Here's my monday situation. I've taken a break from 6 and gone back to 5 and here's why.
    My browser on 6/333 was starting to act funky again. Occasional crashes but mostly just hard to get started. It did this once before and I re-downloaded a fresh copy of 333 and reloaded and all was fine again.
    This time I decided to take a break and check out 5 for a bit on my way back to 6. I downloaded a fresh 5/983 and installed it on my bold. All I can say is wow. What a difference. Having column view back is like a gift from the gods. What a treat. And the loading speed of the sites I've been to so far has been nothing short of way,way faster than the webkit. Maybe loading in column view makes the diff in speed. I had tried browsing CB earlier this morning using the webkit when it was actually working fine and soooo slow. Unbelievable the diff in the CB site with the diff browsers. I'm on about 10 different forums that I frequent often and the webkit sucked on most of them. No more weird zooming/scrolling issues. It all just renders fine and on the first try. The text wrap option on 6 was hit /miss for me and drove me nuts.
    The free mem runs around 325mb. No leaking so far and don't expect any.
    My Q/L can toggle gps again with a button press. This may not be important to alot but I've found battery life is IS depleted more quickly by leaving it on all the time. Plus the big bro watching factor kinda bugged me. I love the gps toggle. Never worked right with 6. I'm needing gps even more now that I'm retired so this toggle option is fantastic for me.
    Plus themes of course. I never missed them all that much on 6, but it's nice having them back.
    I just wanted to share. Everyone has their own personal needs as to what works the best for them. I'm gonna hang out with 5 for awhile. When verizon releases their "official" finally, I sure hope the browser is better. I liked 6 in everyway better than 5 except that F/U'd webkit. It just flat out BITES. This has been my $.02 only and probably doesn't represent the views of the ramblin' majority.

To JayDee, I hope you get your baby back up to where you like it. If you have any questions regarding 5/983 feel free to ask.
    Happy Monday All!!
    Ciao
    12-06-10 11:56 AM
    Jim,
    I'm jealous.
    JayDee
    12-06-10 01:00 PM
    I would't stress up so much about memory leakage. You have enough free memory to let your phone run properly. If you use apps or whatever on your phone it will temporarily block ram memory. Just do a battery pull every few days or schedule one at a time you don't use it. This will free up the blocked temp memory and you your ok again.
    I try not to stress about it, but honestly, if YOU looked at your phone and saw 40MB down in a day's time, what would YOU say?

I have to reboot twice a day to keep it in check.

PS This straight 333 stinks! I'm down 35.5MB since 5 am...9 hours.
    12-06-10 01:03 PM
    I try not to stress about it, but honestly, if YOU looked at your phone and saw 40MB down in a day's time, what would YOU say?

I have to reboot twice a day to keep it in check.

PS This straight 333 stinks! I'm down 35.5MB since 5 am...9 hours.
    Try SCrid's hybrid with the .359 files or BDHP's new one. They may at least slow it down a bit. I seem to recall that when you were running SCrid's .357 your mem loss was not that bad.

I certainly hope that vzw gets their act together and gives us an official SOON! I'm also hoping that they have improved the browser as well.
    12-06-10 01:41 PM
    I certainly hope that vzw gets their act together and gives us an official SOON! I'm also hoping that they have improved the browser as well.
    I'd be happy with another leak if we can't get an official any time soon!
    12-06-10 01:44 PM
    I'd be happy with another leak if we can't get an official any time soon!
    I could be appeased with another leak as well, for a little while at least.
    12-06-10 01:49 PM
    I'd settle for another leak too. I sure hope the browser is improved.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-06-10 03:01 PM
    I'd settle for another leak too. I sure hope the browser is improved.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    No kidding, that is my biggest issue with what I am now running.
    12-06-10 03:20 PM
23,186 ... 325326327328329 ...