hey how do I add all the ringtones back again?
    Or which choice is it in my selective restore to put back those choices?
    12-05-10 01:33 PM
    Both BB's having mem leaks running the same os that most of the rest of us are running with no issue, just makes me think app problem. It would be pretty extremely coincidental to find 2 devices with the same mem leak issues. I had a thought tho, yeah, I get one once in awhile. Lets say the 3rd party bweather icons were the culprit. Could they still be imbedded in the code even tho they were deleted? Even a battery pull not clearing them out? Thus causing basically the same issue. Maybe a fresh install of a proven os and no apps for at least 24 hrs as a test would tell us something. Just my $.02. I'm hoping soon to be alot smarter in BB speak as I'm coming to the threshold of "master" status. Maybe if I time it right I'll go to sleep and wake in the morning "masterly smart"
    Is there a sheepskin involved with this?
    Side note blip: I D/L'd SCrids latest and never installed it. Decided why would I want to risk messing up my perfectly good running os. If I were having any issue it'd be a different story. Good Luck JayDee.
    12-05-10 01:42 PM
    Both BB's having mem leaks running the same os that most of the rest of us are running with no issue, just makes me think app problem. It would be pretty extremely coincidental to find 2 devices with the same mem leak issues. I had a thought tho, yeah, I get one once in awhile. Lets say the 3rd party bweather icons were the culprit. Could they still be imbedded in the code even tho they were deleted? Even a battery pull not clearing them out? Thus causing basically the same issue. Maybe a fresh install of a proven os and no apps for at least 24 hrs as a test would tell us something. Just my $.02. I'm hoping soon to be alot smarter in BB speak as I'm coming to the threshold of "master" status. Maybe if I time it right I'll go to sleep and wake in the morning "masterly smart"
    Is there a sheepskin involved with this?
    Side note blip: I D/L'd SCrids latest and never installed it. Decided why would I want to risk messing up my perfectly good running os. If I were having any issue it'd be a different story. Good Luck JayDee.
    Just so you know, SCrid's latest is running very well, thank you very much!

PS. No sheepskin, or at least if there is it has not arrived in the mail yet...
    12-05-10 01:52 PM
    hey how do I add all the ringtones back again?
    Or which choice is it in my selective restore to put back those choices?
    Make sure that you add the OS5 ringtones COD from your 975 or 983 JAVA folder with BBSAK (net_rim_bb_medialoader_ringtones_480x360_05_b.cod ). Then, do a selective restore, restoring your SOUNDS.

To later find your OS5 ringtones. you'll have to select ALL ALERTS to find the older ringtones.
    Last edited by Underway99; 12-05-10 at 01:59 PM.
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    12-05-10 01:55 PM
    Make sure that you add the OS5 ringtones COD from your 975 or 983 JAVA folder with BBSAK (net_rim_bb_medialoader_ringtones_480x360_05_b.cod ). Then, do a selective restore, restoring your SOUNDS.

To later find your OS5 ringtones. you'll have to select ALL ALERTS to find the older ringtones.
    I have a zipped file with the OS5 ringtones that I downloaded sometime ago when I first migrated to BB6. I unzipped them and put them on my SD card under ringtones and wala there they are when I go to set sounds. I don't have to worry with them anymore since they are on the SD card.
    12-05-10 02:05 PM
    Just so you know, SCrid's latest is running very well, thank you very much!
    Maybe I worded that wrong, what I meant is I didn't install SCrid's hybrid because my 333 leak is working so well I didn't want to mess with a smooth running os. Also, my bigger concern is I have not installed a hybrid before and was kinda questioning my ability to get it on there correctly. I followed the directions but, I actually had problems getting it to show up in the java file. Kept saying "no file found".
    Glad you pointed this out Bob, as I wouldn't want SCrid to read it and think I was bashing his hybrid, not the case. The way you've been raving about it I'm sure it's fine. Hence, the reason I chose it.
    12-05-10 02:14 PM

Thank you Underway.
    I saved the folder of them from last time and they are in my ringtone folder. Just didn't know how to get back to them. Thought maybe there was a selective restore I could do...sounds...ok.

Hmmm can't find all my ringtones. They exist on the media card.
    Help.

OK got it!!!! Thank you Underway. So glad you are patient!!!!
    Last edited by jaydee5799; 12-05-10 at 02:18 PM.
    12-05-10 02:14 PM
    I have a zipped file with the OS5 ringtones that I downloaded sometime ago when I first migrated to BB6. I unzipped them and put them on my SD card under ringtones and wala there they are when I go to set sounds. I don't have to worry with them anymore since they are on the SD card.
    Yep, the sd card is the best place for ringtones, they follow me everywhere.
    I've found some of my best fav ringtones in the "ringtone thread".
    12-05-10 02:18 PM
    Yep, the sd card is the best place for ringtones, they follow me everywhere.
    I've found some of my best fav ringtones in the "ringtone thread".
    I have the original folder Bob gave me. It IS on my card but I wasn't able to see them or choose them. Only Sprint tones. WTF?

Anyway, what I did differently this time was to use BBSAK to wipe my device before I installed the OS. So I lost all my settings. But then as I did a selective restore, I didn't choose SOUNDS, like Underway suggested. So I went back and simply restored it.

Now I need to shut off the clock from bedside mode crap when I out it in the charger...
    12-05-10 02:21 PM
    Next problem, BBM.
    No pictures (avys) for anyone. I know it takes a while.

Also, where do I find clock settings?

I will never wipe before a reinstall again lol.
    I promise.
    12-05-10 02:25 PM
    Clock settings? yurkidding right?
    I have QL launch it, but I think you can click the top bar also. Or type clock in search
    12-05-10 02:38 PM
    Thanks Jim!
    I'm pretty much screwed without QL!
    I'm trying NOT to install any apps for a few hours...
    My search bar wasn't working...just needed to let everything index first after a batt pull....
    12-05-10 02:43 PM
    3.8MB in an hour

would say I'm doomed to have leaks.
    going to throw back all my apps so I feel better, like at least having a phone is worth it!

Damn...
    12-05-10 03:16 PM
    3.8MB in an hour

would say I'm doomed to have leaks.
    going to throw back all my apps so I feel better, like at least having a phone is worth it!

Damn...
    Did you load the straight 333? And no apps, including MB? You can monitor your memory with the OS.

I'm sure that you're already doing this, but I'd also check your social networks with the browser instead of using the native RIM apps.
    12-05-10 04:45 PM
    Straight 333. No apps, no Meterberry. In one hour, still leaking.
    Screw it.
    All my apps are back on and whatever.
    I don't give a flying f***.
    So I reboot three times a day.
    If I get that disgusted, I will go back to OS5 and stay there.
    I have never said this before but I am thinking of leaving Blackberry if something like this can't be solved. It's ridiculous.
    12-05-10 05:00 PM
    Oh no! Say it ain't so jaydee! What would we do without you here?
    Go back to OS5 if you must, I'm hooked on your posts! ;-)
    12-05-10 05:11 PM
    Well hello Larry.
    Didn't know I had an audience. LOL
    I'm not leaving BB. I have too many friends on my BBM...with NO PICTURES, I might add!!!!

WTF! How long do I have to wait for those?
    Do I reinstall? Restore my list? What?

I'm having another gin and tonic...

Oh and for everyone who said 333 is wonderful...I have had to pull the battery 6 or 7 times because it freezes. What's so wonderful about that?

PS I will NEVER NEVER NEVER wipe before upgrading again. NEVER
    PPS I hope this OS calms down by tomorrow. ANd I hope I do too!!! Sorry everyone but I could cry right now. I ruined my BBM by trying to reinstall. And I'm not happy.
    Last edited by jaydee5799; 12-05-10 at 05:34 PM.
    12-05-10 05:24 PM
    Wow! You are on FIRE tonight! You go girl! ;-)
    I have watched your plight because you were initially adamant about waiting for an official OS6 release, which I agreed with. When you first took the plunge into upgrading, I wondered if I should also stop wimping out and go for it. Now I'm glad I didn't. I would have tossed the thing out the window by now!
    Your students better watch out tomorrow! Speaking of students, I have a son at RPI and the last few times I visited him, as I passed by the Albany exits, I thought "Oh yeah jaydee lives over there somewhere!" LOL
    12-05-10 05:42 PM
    Wow! You are on FIRE tonight! You go girl! ;-)
    I have watched your plight because you were initially adamant about waiting for an official OS6 release, which I agreed with. When you first took the plunge into upgrading, I wondered if I should also stop wimping out and go for it. Now I'm glad I didn't. I would have tossed the thing out the window by now!
    Your students better watch out tomorrow! Speaking of students, I have a son at RPI and the last few times I visited him, as I passed by the Albany exits, I thought "Oh yeah jaydee lives over there somewhere!" LOL
    Son at RPI?
    Oh MY!!!!
    I am not too far away. I am actually in Amsterdam, so I am about 20 minutes west of the Albany exits. Albany is 23 and 24 on the Thruway.
    Amsterdam is 27.

Must have a very bright boy!!! Congrats!
    I am trying to be patient but I am at the end of my rope. Here's the kicker. This straight 333 is laggy and not as smooth running as the OS I just dumped. Which makes me think that maybe this week...I will try another hybrid. Or go back to the one Bob has, that I HAD.

Should I be reinstalling BBM from a remote back up?
    Underway? Bob? Cbreze? Somebody throw me a line here...
    12-05-10 05:49 PM
    Straight 333. No apps, no Meterberry. In one hour, still leaking.
    Screw it.
    All my apps are back on and whatever.
    I don't give a flying f***.
    So I reboot three times a day.
    If I get that disgusted, I will go back to OS5 and stay there.
    I have never said this before but I am thinking of leaving Blackberry if something like this can't be solved. It's ridiculous.
    Well hello Larry.
    Didn't know I had an audience. LOL
    I'm not leaving BB. I have too many friends on my BBM...with NO PICTURES, I might add!!!!

WTF! How long do I have to wait for those?
    Do I reinstall? Restore my list? What?

I'm having another gin and tonic...

Oh and for everyone who said 333 is wonderful...I have had to pull the battery 6 or 7 times because it freezes. What's so wonderful about that?

PS I will NEVER NEVER NEVER wipe before upgrading again. NEVER
    PPS I hope this OS calms down by tomorrow. ANd I hope I do too!!! Sorry everyone but I could cry right now. I ruined my BBM by trying to reinstall. And I'm not happy.
    This is totally crazy, everyone else has had great performance from .333. Why in the world would it be giving you such a problem. That leak is as bad as any you've had to loos that much in such a short time, at least in my recollection. I'm out of ideas as to what to do. You mentioned loading BDHP's latest, that may be a good idea or SCrid's latest is also a choice to consider. Sounds like staying on .333 doesn't make sense for you.

Keep the faith, we'll get this figured out at some point I'm sure. Or, vzw will release and official and you'll get a new (to you) device.
    12-05-10 05:50 PM
    Son at RPI?
    Oh MY!!!!
    I am not too far away. I am actually in Amsterdam, so I am about 20 minutes west of the Albany exits. Albany is 23 and 24 on the Thruway.
    Amsterdam is 27.

Must have a very bright boy!!! Congrats!
    I am trying to be patient but I am at the end of my rope. Here's the kicker. This straight 333 is laggy and not as smooth running as the OS I just dumped. Which makes me think that maybe this week...I will try another hybrid. Or go back to the one Bob has, that I HAD.

Should I be reinstalling BBM from a remote back up?
    Underway? Bob? Cbreze? Somebody throw me a line here...
    Can't throw you a line on BBM as I am not much of a user of it.

However, I'm now on SCrid's latest hybrid that has the .359 files in it and no .344. It is running fine, seems snappy and everything is working. My only issue remains the fact that the browser ia a little slow rendering pages, but I can live with that.
    12-05-10 05:54 PM
    Bob, this nonsense is enough to make me crazy...oh and now I AM ALMOST OUT OF GIN!!!!!!

That means I gotta get more before I try upgrading to Scrid's latest or BDHP!!!
    I won't do it without gin! LOL

I asked Paul about BBM and he said "Patience grasshopper."
    That's also a very good drink, I'm thinkin....
    12-05-10 06:13 PM
    Almost out of gin? Double Oh No!

About my kid, ever see those bumper stickers that say...
    "MY KID AND MY MONEY GO TO R.P.I." ? Well that pretty much sums up my life these days! LOL
    Seriously he IS a pretty smart cookie, into biotech and bioengineering!
    Maybe he can learn how to clone some replacement parts for Dear Ole Dad someday!
    (Also now you know exactly why I am such a BB noob, my 9650 is my FIRST smartphone ever, couldn't afford one before. My kid has 2 older brothers who also went to college on Dad, not at RPI though...thank GOD!) ROFLOL

Well, back to BB, if anyone can help you, It'll be these geniuses here. They amaze me at times. I am not worthy!
    12-05-10 06:42 PM
    This is better than a soap opera!! LOL!! Hang in there JayDee. I'd be in a straight jacket by now. I have a full bottle of vodka in my freezer and I'll be than happy to share it with you.
    12-05-10 06:57 PM
    jd,
    calm down and take a breather. As for the bbm avatar issue its true that it takes some time after updating your os for the avatars to return, but bbm avatars in general today have been messed up. there has been several reports (mine included) of all the avatars just suddenly disappearing. I didnt do anything to my phone today and all my contact avatars in bbm vanished for some reason. So dont worry rim must be experiencing some issues or changing something related to bbm that is causing these issues. Just give it some time they will come back.
    12-05-10 07:11 PM
23,186 ... 324325326327328 ...