FWIW JayDee my bold running 333 has the camera issue that never showed up previously. I'm taking alot of pix lately and if I snap to many to fast it will sometimes(usually) cause a reboot. I found if I don't snap em off to fast then it works better. It seems the faster I take shots it can't process quick enough, gets frustrated and reboots. I just take it slower pausing maybe 5 to 10 secs between shots and it's not an issue. I do miss rapid firing the cam tho, so I'm hoping this will be fixed in the next incarnation of 6.
    Jim, another thing I noticed is that if I start the camera from the icon instead of using the side key (or from QL on the side key) it works ok without rebooting! Weird, huh?

But you're right, If I go easy and wait in between each picture, it seems to act better behaved.
    11-30-10 04:10 PM
    Jim, another thing I noticed is that if I start the camera from the icon instead of using the side key (or from QL on the side key) it works ok without rebooting! Weird, huh?

But you're right, If I go easy and wait in between each picture, it seems to act better behaved.
    That is interesting. I'll try and do an experiment to see if I get the same think happening to mine. Since I don't have the problem to my knowledge, perhaps it would be an indicitive test.

How do you get this kind of info back to RIM? There seems to be no way to communicate these kinds of problems directly to RIM. I realize that this is a leaked version of the OS; however, how do you communicate with them on official stuff? Going through a carrier doesn't seem like a very efficient communication method and I can see that lots could/would get lost in the translation.

Just my $.02, I'll get off the soap box now. Everyone have a terrific day!
    12-01-10 07:40 AM
    Good Morning Ramblers!!!
    I had a class of "Library Helpers" (Children with special needs) decorate the Library this morning for the holidays and they managed to wrap up my aide in garland and bells and ornaments. We even plugged her in! The group was laughing so hard and we were all so happy, that I decided to snap a buncha pictures. and I did them WITHOUT a reboot!!!! Go figure! All I did differently, is to start the camera from the icon and NOT from the QL side key shortcut. I shot maybe 15 pictures in succession and not a problem.

I haven't changed my OS yet, either. Weird. Maybe the problem occurs when I have dropped a certain amount of memory or maybe it's a random thing like others have been complaining.

Just thought I'd tell you what's happening!
    Have a good day!
    12-01-10 07:54 AM
    Good Morning Ramblers!!!
    I had a class of "Library Helpers" (Children with special needs) decorate the Library this morning for the holidays and they managed to wrap up my aide in garland and bells and ornaments. We even plugged her in! The group was laughing so hard and we were all so happy, that I decided to snap a buncha pictures. and I did them WITHOUT a reboot!!!! Go figure! All I did differently, is to start the camera from the icon and NOT from the QL side key shortcut. I shot maybe 15 pictures in succession and not a problem.

I haven't changed my OS yet, either. Weird. Maybe the problem occurs when I have dropped a certain amount of memory or maybe it's a random thing like others have been complaining.

Just thought I'd tell you what's happening!
    Have a good day!
    Sounds like you were successful in timing your camera reboots to coincide with sufficient memory loss to require a reboot.

Have a terrrific day! And watch those kids, they are very coniving and may get you next!
    12-01-10 08:03 AM
    All I did differently, is to start the camera from the icon and NOT from the QL side key shortcut. I shot maybe 15 pictures in succession and not a problem.
    Sounds like you've diagnosed your problem. Maybe send CheetahAce a PM and see if he's heard of that happening. As I suspect with your memory leak, an app was the culprit.
    12-01-10 08:12 AM
    Do you still have the camera issue if you directly assign the camera to the left convenience key without using QL?
    12-01-10 10:11 AM
    I just took about 20 shots with the cam in rapid succession as a test and no reboot. I doubt it's a memory related issue unless your mem is possibly draining as JayDee's is and some others have reported. My cam reboots just whenever and seems to have no real pattern. A possible bug in the code or something. Since it's my only real issue and mostly a non-issue, I'll just count myself lucky. Maybe the next leak, or dare I speculate "official" release will fix the issue. I think with these phones it's always going to be something. I see in some of the os6 threads people holding off and waiting for an official release as if it's going to be the bug free one.
    12-01-10 11:37 AM
    I see in some of the os6 threads people holding off and waiting for an official release as if it's going to be the bug free one.
    I'm not sure if I hope they're holding their breath. Gotta love those Darwin award winners!!!!!
    12-01-10 11:39 AM
    I'm not sure if I hope they're holding their breath. Gotta love those Darwin award winners!!!!!
    In my 30+ years in the IT field perfection has yet to raise its ugly head!
    12-01-10 01:58 PM
    Hey Ramblers, we can't be neglecting this thread, there hasn't been a post here since yesterday afternoon.

I've just downloaded SCrid's newest Java hybrid, I'm going to try and get it installed tomorrow, can't do it tonight as I have a meeting in a little while and won't be back til late. I'll let everyone know how it works for me after I get it up and running.

Hope everyone is having a great day.
    12-02-10 04:52 PM
    Bob,
    Congrats on becoming a Crackberry Master!!!!!

Thought you could sneak that by us???
    Congrats!!!!

Let us know how the hybrid works out. If you think it will solve my Baby Bold memory problems, I'll send my phone to you and YOU can fix it! lol
    12-02-10 05:05 PM
    Yeah Bob, congrats on the master level. I thought I'd beat you there, but I'm coming along right behind you. And I'm interested also in what you think of Scrid's newest. Looking forward to your impressions of it. My version of 333 is working very well, but gettin' that itch again, maybe I'll try something new and a little different.
    12-02-10 05:59 PM
    Bob,
    Congrats on becoming a Crackberry Master!!!!!

Thought you could sneak that by us???
    Congrats!!!!

Let us know how the hybrid works out. If you think it will solve my Baby Bold memory problems, I'll send my phone to you and YOU can fix it! lol
    Sneaking by you would by like trying to sneak a freight train by.

And thanks.
    12-02-10 09:56 PM
    Yeah Bob, congrats on the master level. I thought I'd beat you there, but I'm coming along right behind you. And I'm interested also in what you think of Scrid's newest. Looking forward to your impressions of it. My version of 333 is working very well, but gettin' that itch again, maybe I'll try something new and a little different.
    Thanks Jim, I only got here first because you have been incomunicado for the last few days and I have had some time to be on the forums.

I plan to try and load tomorrow, good Lord willing and the crick don't rise...

I'll post up when it's done and keep you guys up on how it works over the next few days.

And JayDee, I'm not worried about you sending me your Baby Bold to upgrade, you couldn't be without it for an hour much less several days!
    12-02-10 09:59 PM
    I've been running 333 for several weeks now, and I think I'm feeling that same itch. Fortunately, I can't complain too much about this build -- certainly not enough to take a chance that I'd have to revert back to this build. I'd never get the load as good as this one is running right now. Battery is great, and memory seems to get better and better. Just for S and G, I turned off all the memory management in MeterBerry and the native OS6 memory cleaning. After almost three days with no reboots, I have lost 0.9MB. I am still hoping for a fix to the notification bar lag, and for the intermittant redraw problem in the message list, but those are small stuff for now.

Having said that, I've downloaded Scrid's new hybrid. I'm not sure how long I'll be able to keep from loading it. A new leak might take some of the pressure off...
    12-03-10 12:38 AM
    Underway, you are running straight 333?
    12-03-10 07:13 AM
    I've been running 333 for several weeks now, and I think I'm feeling that same itch. Fortunately, I can't complain too much about this build -- certainly not enough to take a chance that I'd have to revert back to this build. I'd never get the load as good as this one is running right now. Battery is great, and memory seems to get better and better. Just for S and G, I turned off all the memory management in MeterBerry and the native OS6 memory cleaning. After almost three days with no reboots, I have lost 0.9MB. I am still hoping for a fix to the notification bar lag, and for the intermittant redraw problem in the message list, but those are small stuff for now.

Having said that, I've downloaded Scrid's new hybrid. I'm not sure how long I'll be able to keep from loading it. A new leak might take some of the pressure off...
    Small problems, big itch! Gonna do it. Been on .357 for at least 3 weeks or more, tired scratching...

PS. It's really all JayDee's fault, with all her talk about the hybrids she loaded on her Curve, must have rubbed off on me.

PPS. Plan to do it when I get back from playing . I'll have to to be sure I'm ready when I get back.
    Last edited by BoDeb; 12-03-10 at 07:24 AM. Reason: Add PS and PPS.
    12-03-10 07:18 AM
    Small problems, big itch! Gonna do it. Been on .357 for at least 3 weeks or more, tired scratching...

PS. It's really all JayDee's fault, with all her talk about the hybrids she loaded on her Curve, must have rubbed off on me.
    Sure, blame me!
    I have some time today, too. Which hybrid shall I try?
    think the 333/357/359 is worth it for me?
    Is that what you're trying Underway?

I wanna keep away from 280...I think it lags too much!
    12-03-10 07:23 AM
    Bob, congrats on your 1,000th post and master status!
    12-03-10 07:32 AM
    Sure, blame me!
    I have some time today, too. Which hybrid shall I try?
    think the 333/357/359 is worth it for me?
    Is that what you're trying Underway?

I wanna keep away from 280...I think it lags too much!
    This is the one that I'm planning on installing: http://forums.crackberry.com/f224/6-...9650-a-557367/, it is mostly .357 has a few .359 and not much left of .333. If it is anywhere near as good as his .357 I think it will be a good one.
    12-03-10 07:33 AM
    Bob, congrats on your 1,000th post and master status!
    Thanks Paul, I'm slowly learning about the BB, it's been fun and I certainly appreciate all the posts you and JayDee make that learn so much from.
    12-03-10 07:35 AM

Underway, Can you be more specific about the notification bar lag? I know that mine usually requres me to run my thumb over the trackpad 2 - 4 times before it opens the dropdown, it that it?
    12-03-10 07:39 AM
    My version of 333 is working very well, but gettin' that itch again, maybe I'll try something new and a little different.
    +1, 333 is running well for me too, but I'm ready for the next leak. Need something new to try.
    12-03-10 07:54 AM
    Hey Bob, Congrats on your 1,000th post and your Master status. I've been working alot lately and just noticed it.
    12-03-10 07:55 AM
    I am still hoping for a fix to the notification bar lag
    Same here....Bob, it's that one or second lag between clicking on the notification bar and it actually dropping down. The Manage Connections bar (very top with the date, time and connection icons) does the same thing. It's been in all 3 leaks.
    Last edited by pcgizmo; 12-03-10 at 07:59 AM.
    12-03-10 07:56 AM
23,186 ... 321322323324325 ...