I could be wrong, but as I mentioned above I think I remember entering the activation codes and being given the option to go toe the site and change the pin. I certainly could be wrong here. I also thaought that some of them continued to use the same ac's.
    I changed the pin on Mobihand before attempting to run the apps on my new device. You may be right, I've just never attempted it that way.
    11-23-10 08:09 AM
    You guys are great!!!
    Thank you so much for the advice. I can't remember what I did in June when I got my original, soon to be "old" Baby Bold!

I will probably go to Mobihand when I can see my new pin and change it. That way, while I am installing and changing BIS passwords and the like, Mobihand will be working on my apps!

Wow! Good thing I just bought more tonic and limes! This is gonna be a looonnnnggggg night!

Oh and you can count on me posting and asking for help and reassurance! I get very nervous doing stuff like this...Device switch wizard I have never used...I might just stick to DM for restore and BBSAK for apps. Ah and for an OS??? Any problem with me using the same one you have Bob? the full 357 java over 333?
    11-23-10 08:42 AM
    OK. The new (refurb) is here. Track pad is level and straight!!! Of course, so was my first one. Phone has OS 5.0.0.975 on it and boy, is it tempting to leave it there. All those great themes I could be using....

Naw! Here I go! Wish me luck!
    11-23-10 02:24 PM
    OK someone help!
    All my contacts don't have me as a contact anymore. What do I do now? I see their pictures but how do I get them all back?
    11-23-10 03:42 PM
    Your BBM contacts? Mine just get my new PIN automatically when I first log into the BIS.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-23-10 03:56 PM
    Your BBM contacts? Mine just get my new PIN automatically when I first log into the BIS.

Well it didn't work that way so any ideas?
    11-23-10 04:00 PM
    did you restore your bbm contacts via desktop manager or remotely via the app?
    11-23-10 04:03 PM
    did you restore your bbm contacts via desktop manager or remotely via the app?
    I did it through DM. GD DM!!! Always screws things up!
    Anyway...I'm on my second gin and tonic and have sent invites to all my contacts again. Those who don't answer in a timely manner will no longer BE my contacts! and i will be looking for some new friends! HAHAHAHAHAHA

Other than that...the refurb is perfectly fine. Looks great and seems new. Working slowly. I need another battery pull.
    11-23-10 04:50 PM
    Hey Jaydee,

Congrats on you new baby. I am assuming it's still a Bold 9650. Mine is still going strong (thank goodness). Good luck with your new baby.
    11-23-10 05:19 PM
    Mojave, I'm gonna PM you my new PIN!!! You need it to send me SMS...
    11-23-10 05:21 PM
    Mojave, I'm gonna PM you my new PIN!!! You need it to send me SMS...
    Oh yes...please do. I called Verizon yesterday and finally added text messaging (SMS) to my 9650. Yes.....I know....I am behind the times.
    11-23-10 05:25 PM
    You guys are great!!!
    Thank you so much for the advice. I can't remember what I did in June when I got my original, soon to be "old" Baby Bold!

I will probably go to Mobihand when I can see my new pin and change it. That way, while I am installing and changing BIS passwords and the like, Mobihand will be working on my apps!

Wow! Good thing I just bought more tonic and limes! This is gonna be a looonnnnggggg night!

Oh and you can count on me posting and asking for help and reassurance! I get very nervous doing stuff like this...Device switch wizard I have never used...I might just stick to DM for restore and BBSAK for apps. Ah and for an OS??? Any problem with me using the same one you have Bob? the full 357 java over 333?
    I don't see any reason not to. It works great as far as I can see.

I have used DM for device switch and it did a fine job, I just sat back and it did the work.

Just for grins, I would backup everything in every way I know how.
    11-23-10 06:14 PM
    So I have most of my contacts back, OS 6.0.0.357 on my phone, my data back on and just waiting for Mobihand to switch my pin so I can add my apps.

Underway was right...it was a hardware problem obviously. Now, I see it. I have been on BBM for two hours straight and I lost not one MB of memory.
    So I did the right thing by switching. Maybe i can run OS6 without too much trouble now.

So VZW bring on the official!!!

Thanks Underway, Bob, Paul, RR for your help!
    Should I have another drink?
    11-23-10 06:55 PM
    Jaydee, Congrats on your new Bold!

11-23-10 07:05 PM
    So I have most of my contacts back, OS 6.0.0.357 on my phone, my data back on and just waiting for Mobihand to switch my pin so I can add my apps.

Underway was right...it was a hardware problem obviously. Now, I see it. I have been on BBM for two hours straight and I lost not one MB of memory.
    So I did the right thing by switching. Maybe i can run OS6 without too much trouble now.

Good going Jaydee!! By all means......go for another drink!!
    11-23-10 07:25 PM
    Jaydee, congrats!!!
    11-23-10 07:39 PM

I suppose it depends on how much gin you have left. It might be worth a trip to the store...

11-23-10 07:47 PM

No more sorrows to drown!!! Your baby seems to be working well.
    Last edited by BoDeb; 11-23-10 at 07:49 PM. Reason: Add comment
    11-23-10 07:47 PM

This is a good thing, we had all speculated the reason for your leaks, the fact that it is some kind of hardware/firmware issue in this case it a good thing in my view.

I think it also tells us something about BB6 and that is that RIM has changed the memory handling routines from that which was used in OS5. I say this becuase JayDee didn't have any leaks in OS5 but the moment she upgraded to BB6 she had a sive in the memory department. I can't fathom a HW failure occuring simultaneously with her upgrade to BB6.

Ultimately I don't know what this means to us long term; however, I think we all need to be watching our performance indicators such as memory fairly closely for a while to be on gaurd for any other problems that may arise. My $.02 fwiw.
    11-23-10 07:56 PM
    Jaydee, glad to hear all is well with the new Bold. I'm assuming you got the BBM issue resolved.
    11-24-10 07:10 AM
    Good Morning Ramblers!!!!
    I finally got my approval from Mobihand, (after 18 hours). Without QL active on my phone I thought I would go buggy! I finally put the dang phone down and went to bed! How much of a geek am I? I got up at 2 am to check and see if Mobihand had responded yet!!!! LMAO...I kid you not!

Anyway, yes Paul, the BBM thing has been resolved. I have a several fewer friends, but hey! I make friends easily enough...lol

All the apps are back and I mean ALL. I put everything back since I feel confident that none of them are troublemakers. Of course, something could still go wrong but I will assume everything is fine until I see memory figures like I had before.

I still have my original Bold here. I have a battery I can put in it for the time being. What is my next step before I send it back?

Oh and THANK YOU to all of you great guys for your support!!!
    I really appreciate your help, ideas, encouragement, prompting, etc.
    11-24-10 07:21 AM
    Glad to here everything is working JD, next step is to security wipe your old bold load verizons official os on it and ship her back and wish her a good life with a new owner.
    Make sure you ship the old device back within ten days or they will charge your account full retail for the device.
    11-24-10 08:01 AM
    Glad to here everything is working JD, next step is to security wipe your old bold load verizons official os on it and ship her back and wish her a good life with a new owner.
    Make sure you ship the old device back within ten days or they will charge your account full retail for the device.
    11-24-10 08:02 AM
    Good Morning Ramblers!!!!
    I finally got my approval from Mobihand, (after 18 hours). Without QL active on my phone I thought I would go buggy! I finally put the dang phone down and went to bed! How much of a geek am I? I got up at 2 am to check and see if Mobihand had responded yet!!!! LMAO...I kid you not!

Anyway, yes Paul, the BBM thing has been resolved. I have a several fewer friends, but hey! I make friends easily enough...lol

All the apps are back and I mean ALL. I put everything back since I feel confident that none of them are troublemakers. Of course, something could still go wrong but I will assume everything is fine until I see memory figures like I had before.

I still have my original Bold here. I have a battery I can put in it for the time being. What is my next step before I send it back?

Oh and THANK YOU to all of you great guys for your support!!!
    I really appreciate your help, ideas, encouragement, prompting, etc.
    1. Security wipe.
    2. Wipe OS with BBSAK. It should finish with the white screen and error 507.
    3. Box up and ship the phone. Just the phone itself -- no battery, back cover, SIM, SD card, anything.

Keep your FedEX tracking number and follow your package. It's the holiday season now, and packages will get misplaced.
    11-24-10 09:25 AM
    OK, I've never done a security wipe before. Pretty scary. LOL
    That's going on now. Then I will load 975 back and be done.

I installed Twitter on my new Bold, experienced a memory drop and immediately uninstalled it. THAT WAS SCARY.

I remember Underway having trouble with Twitter so that one is staying off the phone...
    11-24-10 09:27 AM
23,186 ... 318319320321322 ...