My dad introduced me to Jack - very nice stuff - many years ago.
    I'm a Scotch whisky guy. Anything aged less than 12 years is lighter fluid imo.
    11-17-10 12:59 PM
    I'm a Scotch whisky guy. Anything aged less than 12 years is lighter fluid imo.
    Someone told me to switch to a single malt so my beverage doesn't look like water and I can keep track of how many I have...LOL
    11-17-10 01:05 PM
    Is there a way to toggle java script on/off? In os-5 the "J" key did it? That was nice.
    11-17-10 01:30 PM
    Paul, would I really yell at you?
    Everybody says its an app because no one wants to admit it could be the OS. That's ok. No one else has the same problem I do. What you can't see, you can't understand. Even RR said he has a leak of 20 MB a day...

Don't worry. I'll find a better OS

HAHA!!! I just did!
    357 for 9330...gonna use this OS and hybridize it for my 9650!!!
    Ohh I'm gonna have fun tonight!!!
    JayDee, the OS on that Megaupload link IS a hybrid. It is built from .347-.357 according to SCrid2000's documentation. .357 is a 9330 version from which he took the Java folder and merged it with the .333.

Didn't want you to hybrid a hybrid, at least not without knowing that was what you were doing....

My memory since the bat pull earlier this AM is a .7MB lost. If it holds at that level I'll be very happy.

Thus far I have had no issues with .357.
    11-17-10 02:28 PM
    Haha...would you believe I have never tasted it?
    You guys all know I'm a gin gal...woohoo. who hid the limes?
    Gin is not much more that ethyl alcohol. Kills brain sells from what I have been told... Could be a cause of memory leaks...
    11-17-10 02:30 PM

Thus far I have had no issues with .357.
    Any pluses to this hybrid over 333? I'm doing well with 333, just wondering is all.
    11-17-10 02:40 PM
    Any pluses to this hybrid over 333? I'm doing well with 333, just wondering is all.
    +1 here. I finally got .333 back to working correctly. I'm not sure that I want to tempt fate again so soon, espcially if the potential gain is negligible. It would be nice, however, to see that the clock / bedside mode issue gets addressed.

JayDee, how has your memory drain (from the phone) been since you dumped the Twitter clients?
    11-17-10 04:55 PM
    Underway and all my Essex Rambler friends...
    As I type this, I have taken a bigger step that I thought I ever would. I used to experiment with hybrids on my old Curve out of necessity and well, I've done it again!

My phone is rebooting now from a new install of OS6. I installed .357 of the 9330 persuasion on my laptop, and copied the java folder into the java folder of a clean 333 install. Then I shrunk it down from 161 to 113. I have so much I like to get rid of...

It's rebooting now and my device data will be restored and only maybe 5 apps: Quicklaunch, BeWeather, BeReader, BeBuzz and Meterberry, CB launcher and a few other launchers.

Rest of my apps are saved in cods and backups.
    I am not drinking yet. If it doesn't go well...a drink (and a day off tomorrow to rebuild my phone) are in order.
    11-17-10 06:31 PM
    Jim, for me there have GOT to be pluses!
    Last night again, I lost 34.8 MB in 24 hrs. (I believe it was)
    Ridiculous! Let's see if a clean install plus fewer apps does the trick
    11-17-10 06:35 PM
    I don't recall the version of OS shrink I've got but anyone got a link to whatever might be the latest most "shrinkiest" version?
    11-17-10 08:03 PM
    I don't recall the version of OS shrink I've got but anyone got a link to whatever might be the latest most "shrinkiest" version?
    Hiya F2...you are now speaking to the owner of a 9650 with 6.0.0.333/357 on it!!!
    Yay!
    Here's the link I used tonight to get Shrink:
    BBHybrids Tool (Public Version) - Downloads - BBHybrids Forums

Thinking of taking the plunge????
    I got the limes!!!
    11-17-10 08:07 PM
    Jaydee, How's the hybrid working for you?
    11-17-10 09:23 PM
    Hiya F2...you are now speaking to the owner of a 9650 with 6.0.0.333/357 on it!!!
    Yay!
    Here's the link I used tonight to get Shrink:
    BBHybrids Tool (Public Version) - Downloads - BBHybrids Forums

Thinking of taking the plunge????
    I got the limes!!!
    Interesting that you were able to shrink that OS. I loaded over a shrunk copy so I didn't think there was much point in shrinking again.

I have another question, did you run the .exe file that you downloaded or did you install the .357 and save the java folder then reinstall .333 and copy the folder over it? I didn't do that, just installed the .357 over the .333 as SCrid2000 said in his installation instructions and then installed the OS on my device. Just a little confused and wanting to understand more about how you handle hybrids. This was my first hybrid installation so I have much to learn.
    11-17-10 09:59 PM
    Yay!
    WoW! Just flat out awesome fluckin' WoW!
    11-17-10 10:03 PM
    I can't really say that there is anything that jumps out at me thus far. I mainly did it because I had never installed a hybrid and wanted to give it a go. It seems to be running just fine at this point, have not noticed any issues at all. I think its a good one.

I have not played with the browser much yet so I can't really say if it is better or not, certainly has not taken a step backwards.

I'll let you know if I run into any issues, and since JayDee has it installed as well we'll be able to get comments from a real BB expert as to her experience with it.
    11-17-10 10:10 PM
    I can't really say that there is anything that jumps out at me thus far. I mainly did it because I had never installed a hybrid and wanted to give it a go. It seems to be running just fine at this point, have not noticed any issues at all. I think its a good one.

I have not played with the browser much yet so I can't really say if it is better or not, certainly has not taken a step backwards.

I'll let you know if I run into any issues, and since JayDee has it installed as well we'll be able to get comments from a real BB expert as to her experience with it.
    I'm getting antsy for the next leak I think. 333 has been pretty sweet , so I'm good. I'm just getting so curious as to the version that the verizon "official" release will be sporting. Soon maybe. If not then the next leak will do me.
    11-17-10 10:15 PM
    I'm getting antsy for the next leak I think. 333 has been pretty sweet , so I'm good. I'm just getting so curious as to the version that the verizon "official" release will be sporting. Soon maybe. If not then the next leak will do me.
    Agreed, I suspect that my desire for the next leak was probably part of what pushed me to jump onboard with .357. I really didn't have any issues that I was trying to fix by installing this hybrid. Not trying to surpass JayDee on the number of OS installs that I have done. She is so far ahead of me that I know I will never be able to catch up. Also, I never did have a limping 8330 that I was trying to keep alive like she was doing.
    11-17-10 10:35 PM
    Interesting that you were able to shrink that OS. I loaded over a shrunk copy so I didn't think there was much point in shrinking again.

I have another question, did you run the .exe file that you downloaded or did you install the .357 and save the java folder then reinstall .333 and copy the folder over it? I didn't do that, just installed the .357 over the .333 as SCrid2000 said in his installation instructions and then installed the OS on my device. Just a little confused and wanting to understand more about how you handle hybrids. This was my first hybrid installation so I have much to learn.
    I tried to do that same kind of hybrid last week, but I got the Java uncaught exception error on bootup. It went away when I went back to the straight .333 for the Bold. I did not realize that you could just dump the 9330 .357 Java folder directly on top of the 9650 .333 Java. How were you able to make it work without the errors? I am not referring to SCrid's instructions for mixing the Java folders. I have not tried that one yet.
    11-17-10 10:44 PM
    I tried to do that same kind of hybrid last week, but I got the Java uncaught exception error on bootup. It went away when I went back to the straight .333 for the Bold. I did not realize that you could just dump the 9330 .357 Java folder directly on top of the 9650 .333 Java. How were you able to make it work without the errors? I am not referring to SCrid's instructions for mixing the Java folders. I have not tried that one yet.
    Congratulations on making the 8,000th post to this thread. Some of us have been living in this thread since its inseption, its a great place to hang out.

Once again, "Where's tourboy"?

All I did was download SCrid2000's file and run it. It then loaded the java folder that he had build over the .333 java folder. I then loaded that on my device without doing anything else. Being brand new to hybrids, I was just following instructions when it came to preparing the OS for installation on my device.

As I learn more about this stuff I may monkey with some of this stuff myself, not there yet for sure.
    11-17-10 10:59 PM
    Congratulations on making the 8,000th post to this thread. Some of us have been living in this thread since its inseption, its a great place to hang out.

Once again, "Where's tourboy"?

All I did was download SCrid2000's file and run it. It then loaded the java folder that he had build over the .333 java folder. I then loaded that on my device without doing anything else. Being brand new to hybrids, I was just following instructions when it came to preparing the OS for installation on my device.

As I learn more about this stuff I may monkey with some of this stuff myself, not there yet for sure.
    Does making post number 8000 mean that I don't have to make my membership payment again next year? Oh, that's right. No VIP hybriding here.

I've been lurking about since spring. For a long time, though, I didn't know enough about these phones to think I could contribute.
    11-17-10 11:35 PM
    Jaydee, How's the hybrid working for you?

Morning Essex Ramblers!
    JayDee has a new hybrid. Runs great. Still leaking but I'm pretty sure that's the 333 in it that's doing that to my phone.

Bob, I ran the straight exe of 357 and installed to my pc. Then I copied the java folder OVER a clean install of 333, replacing it. Then I used Shrink.

I didn't use Scrid's because when I opened the file to install, it said make sure you have a clean install of 280. I never installed 280 and didn't want to get it off my server and install it, blabity blab. So I used the 333 and 357.

I guess it did it right because I have 357 and everything is fine...cept the leak. I left off all apps cept the BIG 5...
    QL, BeBuzz, BeWeather, BeReader and Meterberry.

Lost 11 MB during the night when it was idle. So I am saying that it's the OS as far as I am concerned...my phone just doesn't do well with OS6 flavors. I ran the same stuff under OS5 and never had this problem. But whatever... so since I have the leak again, I am going to load back my apps and enjoy myself. And just reboot when the loss gets too high...it seems to level off at 33 or so....

Have a great day everyone!
    11-18-10 06:39 AM
    Morning Essex Ramblers!
    JayDee has a new hybrid. Runs great. Still leaking but I'm pretty sure that's the 333 in it that's doing that to my phone.

Bob, I ran the straight exe of 357 and installed to my pc. Then I copied the java folder OVER a clean install of 333, replacing it. Then I used Shrink.

I didn't use Scrid's because when I opened the file to install, it said make sure you have a clean install of 280. I never installed 280 and didn't want to get it off my server and install it, blabity blab. So I used the 333 and 357.

I guess it did it right because I have 357 and everything is fine...cept the leak. I left off all apps cept the BIG 5...
    QL, BeBuzz, BeWeather, BeReader and Meterberry.

Lost 11 MB during the night when it was idle. So I am saying that it's the OS as far as I am concerned...my phone just doesn't do well with OS6 flavors. I ran the same stuff under OS5 and never had this problem. But whatever... so since I have the leak again, I am going to load back my apps and enjoy myself. And just reboot when the loss gets too high...it seems to level off at 33 or so....

Have a great day everyone!
    I'm down .6 MB since I rebooted yesterday. I'm puzzled as to why you have such a huge leak.
    11-18-10 06:43 AM
    Does making post number 8000 mean that I don't have to make my membership payment again next year? Oh, that's right. No VIP hybriding here.

I've been lurking about since spring. For a long time, though, I didn't know enough about these phones to think I could contribute.
    No, you still owe the membership payment..payable to the JayDee retirement fund...LMAO
    and Yes, you know plenty about phones so hang around and contribute...it always pays to have another set of eyes or another head to ponder some of the things that go on around here.

8k...woohoo and they tried to shut us down!
    Take that!!!!!
    11-18-10 06:44 AM
    Congrats to all my fellow Essex Ramblers on 8,000 posts. Ramble on!!!
    11-18-10 07:59 AM
    No, you still owe the membership payment..payable to the JayDee retirement fund...LMAO
    and Yes, you know plenty about phones so hang around and contribute...it always pays to have another set of eyes or another head to ponder some of the things that go on around here.

8k...woohoo and they tried to shut us down!
    Take that!!!!!
    Really, if it weren't for Yester they would have!

So, WHERE'S TOURBOY????

OK, that said, this has been a great and informative group to hand out in. I was very new to BB when I joined CB and soon found myself in this thread and made lots of great friends. I have learned a huge amount about BBs in these forums, especially in this one since our Baby Bolds dropped out of the sky.

My thanks to ALL of you that hang out on CB and especially the "Essex Ramblers". The "Essex Ramblers" are my BB family...
    11-18-10 08:03 AM
23,186 ... 313314315316317 ...