OK wipe with BBSAK, load OS, works fine and fonts are fine.
    Jim, you hit it. My backup is frigged somehow. So I will do a selective restore...just contacts and messenger and memos.
    Then BBSAK all my apps with the cods.

If that doesn't work I don't know what to do. Let's not consider that yet. LOL
    Maybe time for another drink and a handful of topamax or lortab....
    11-10-10 07:08 PM
    If you use Outlook, I'd avoid using a backup and sync your data. Who can tell just how far back the possibly-corrupted PIM data goes? Set your DM Organizer sync conduits to overwrite the device. By synchronizing your data, you are creating brand new PIM databases on your BB. No chance of transferring corrupted files.

If you're using Google or some other cloud solution, look for a way to resync data. I'm sure that there's a way to do it.
    11-10-10 07:16 PM
    If you use Outlook, I'd avoid using a backup and sync your data. Who can tell just how far back the possibly-corrupted PIM data goes? Set your DM Organizer sync conduits to overwrite the device. By synchronizing your data, you are creating brand new PIM databases on your BB. No chance of transferring corrupted files.

If you're using Google or some other cloud solution, look for a way to resync data. I'm sure that there's a way to do it.
    Underway, I am not using any PIM at all. I do not use Outlook and I gave up on Google sync because I have a personal and work acct with google apps and it kept overwriting everything and I had triples of everyone's contact name and number. etc. So I just need my file of names and numbers, that's all. and my memos. and BBM.
    11-10-10 07:23 PM
    OK wipe with BBSAK, load OS, works fine and fonts are fine.
    Jim, you hit it. My backup is frigged somehow. So I will do a selective restore...just contacts and messenger and memos.
    Then BBSAK all my apps with the cods.

If that doesn't work I don't know what to do. Let's not consider that yet. LOL
    Maybe time for another drink and a handful of topamax or lortab....
    I understood Topamax and Lortab...
    11-10-10 07:28 PM
    GOT IT!!!!!!!

My backup was screwed with all my themes. I did a selective restore and voila!!!

Fonts are normal, OS6 works great with NO LAG and all is wonderful!
    I should have done that in the beginning but how did I know my backup was bad? Or corrupt? Whatever...third times the charm. I am nothing if not persistent!!!!

Now to add my apps using the cods and BBSAK...
    Will keep you posted.
    Am reserving judgment on the whole OS6 thing till I have some sleep...courtesy of the lortab or topamax or inderal...
    11-10-10 07:45 PM
    GOT IT!!!!!!!

My backup was screwed with all my themes. I did a selective restore and voila!!!

I should have done that in the beginning but how did I know my backup was bad? Or corrupt? Whatever...third times the charm. I am nothing if not persistent!!!!

Will keep you posted.
    Am reserving judgment on the whole OS6 thing till I have some sleep...courtesy of the lortab or topamax or inderal...
    Washed down with one last gin and tonic chaser...
    11-10-10 07:55 PM
    Washed down with one last gin and tonic chaser...
    For a while there, I considered bathing in it!
    I was pretty worried I would never have a phone again. I always see the worst and imagine the worst. That way; I'm not disappointed when it happens.

THANK YOU for the support everyone!!!!!
    11-10-10 08:09 PM
    GOT IT!!!!!!!

Will keep you posted.
    Yay JayDee! Good for you, I wish I had been around to help hold your hand but obviously you got all the help you needed.

With the GIN, can't see the need for Lortab, Topamx or Inderal. Should be enough GIN to put you to sleep very comfortably...

You will wake up tomorrow with your Baby Bold working just fine and you'll see why those of us that jumped in early like it so much.
    11-10-10 09:49 PM
    Bob, I'm not happy yet!
    I have several real problems:

1. The right convenience key cannot be changed from camera. Why? I shrunk my OS and I thought I left VAD. In the off chance I removed it, I will reinstall the cods from 333 if I can find out what they are!!!!

2. I don't understand how to get rid of all these duplicate icons. WTF?

3. I can't use QL yet because I can't set the right key. Grrrrrrr.

Can you help??
    11-10-10 10:18 PM
    Bob, I'm not happy yet!

1. The right convenience key cannot be changed from camera. Why? I shrunk my OS and I thought I left VAD. In the off chance I removed it, I will reinstall the cods from 333 if I can find out what they are!!!!

Can you help??
    JayDee, I don't understand why all the issues. Duplicate icons?? Did you go thru the settings for the side keys to see whats it set for? Does anything work on it? It would seem you go to way to much trouble and that messes up your install. I never messed with cods and let app loader do it all. You need a real expert. Bob's probably in bed by now.
    11-10-10 10:27 PM
    JayDee, I don't understand why all the issues. Duplicate icons?? Did you go thru the settings for the side keys to see whats it set for? Does anything work on it? It would seem you go to way to much trouble and that messes up your install. I never messed with cods and let app loader do it all. You need a real expert. Bob's probably in bed by now.
    Jim, I found the settings for the side keys but mine do not work. When I click on the option to set them, it just blinks. I must have shrunken something out that they need to work...like VAD. That's why I need to know which cods to add back.

Paul or Bob will tell me in the am!!!

Icons that appear in the downloads sections also appear in ALL...how screwed up is that? Remember, I have maybe 25 apps and that's a lot of icons to hide! That's all I'm complaining about. I don't like the way it looks!

I have done a lot with cods. Installed all my apps one at a time with just cods! LOL. Took a while but it worked!!! So no biggie here. Just need the names...

PS Found the files and the cods. I DID remove them by mistake. I had read where you couldn't do it. But I did by mistake. So back they go....Should be fine in just a few minutes!
    Last edited by jaydee5799; 11-10-10 at 11:00 PM.
    11-10-10 10:35 PM
    Bob, I'm not happy yet!

Can you help??
    jaydee, I don't know why you can't change the right convenience key. I just checked mine and it works fine. What are your duplicate icons? I noticed when I upgraded on Sunday to 333 I had duplicate icons for the NFL mobile app and the vcast apps icon. I don't use either so I dumped them in my CrApps folder.
    11-10-10 10:44 PM
    Well, that's all it was. You can't delete VAD and set convenience keys, too. Something that needs to be fixed...no? Kinda like the old About screen not working if you deleted VAD in OS5. You'd think there is an engineer out there who could conquer that, huh?

Anyway, I added back the cods and voila! Everything is set.
    All clean, fresh installs. Dropped my corrupted databases which more than likely were caused by a theme crossing over (it wanted to come to the dark side, too!)

Anyway...here's the proof:

11-10-10 11:29 PM
    Jim, I found the settings for the side keys but mine do not work. When I click on the option to set them, it just blinks. I must have shrunken something out that they need to work...like VAD. That's why I need to know which cods to add back.

Paul or Bob will tell me in the am!!!

Icons that appear in the downloads sections also appear in ALL...how screwed up is that? Remember, I have maybe 25 apps and that's a lot of icons to hide! That's all I'm complaining about. I don't like the way it looks!

I have done a lot with cods. Installed all my apps one at a time with just cods! LOL. Took a while but it worked!!! So no biggie here. Just need the names...

PS Found the files and the cods. I DID remove them by mistake. I had read where you couldn't do it. But I did by mistake. So back they go....Should be fine in just a few minutes!
    If you move the app icons from the ALL tray, they'll disappear from the DOWNLOAD tray. So, if you move them to, say, your download folder, they won't be visible on the DOWNLOAD tray.
    11-10-10 11:39 PM
    If you move the app icons from the ALL tray, they'll disappear from the DOWNLOAD tray. So, if you move them to, say, your download folder, they won't be visible on the DOWNLOAD tray.
    Thanks Underway. There are some that I would rather not hide in folders on my ALL Tray...like my weather icon, Ubertwitter and BatteryEx. There are a few others. So I guess they will be repeated on the other tray. Too bad we haven't been given control of what gets placed IN those trays. Do you think that will be a part of the final OS6? Kinda silly to have multiple icons in two places on the home screen.

BTW, I ended up either re-downloading all my apps or using cods to re-install. After 3 wipes, they were all gone But I wasn't even alarmed. I was more alarmed that I couldn't do anything with this huge banner and dock on the screen...

Thanks again for your help...and for the help of all the Essex Ramblers!
    I wonder if Jim is still speaking to me. Last night he sounded a little frazzled because I was complaining so much! Jim...are we good?
    11-11-10 07:13 AM
    =jaydee5799;I wonder if Jim is still speaking to me. Last night he sounded a little frazzled because I was complaining so much! Jim...are we good?
    Of course still good. I think any frazzled-ness on my part was just me feeling your pain and frustration. After having done my flip-flop back and forth routine so much and taking all of 30 min, it was an excercise in frustration for me to watch your experience. LOL! Glad you got it and all is right again with your baby bold. It still seems to me you went the hard way. I'm assuming you did some shrinking? I'm typically around 272 free mb. I have only 1/3rd your app count tho.
    Congrats on gettin' er done and welcome to the os6 club. I'm finding I like it more everyday, the more I get used to it I think. No more flip flopping for me.
    Last edited by cbreze; 11-11-10 at 08:55 AM.
    11-11-10 08:52 AM
    Thanks Underway. There are some that I would rather not hide in folders on my ALL Tray...like my weather icon, Ubertwitter and BatteryEx. There are a few others. So I guess they will be repeated on the other tray. Too bad we haven't been given control of what gets placed IN those trays. Do you think that will be a part of the final OS6? Kinda silly to have multiple icons in two places on the home screen.

BTW, I ended up either re-downloading all my apps or using cods to re-install. After 3 wipes, they were all gone But I wasn't even alarmed. I was more alarmed that I couldn't do anything with this huge banner and dock on the screen...

Thanks again for your help...and for the help of all the Essex Ramblers!
    I wonder if Jim is still speaking to me. Last night he sounded a little frazzled because I was complaining so much! Jim...are we good?
    You're more than welcome for the help. I can't tell you how many times I've been lurking about and found my answer in some help you gave to someone else.

As to keeping your icons visible, you can move them back from whatever folder you put them into, and they will not show in the DOWNLOAD tray. Apparently, showing up in the DOWNLOAD tray is a one-shot deal.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by Underway99; 11-11-10 at 09:43 AM.
    11-11-10 08:55 AM
    're more than welcome for the help. I can't tell you how many times I've been lurking about and found my answer in some help you gave to someone else.

As to keeping your icons visible, you can move them back from whatever folder you put them into, and they will not show in the DOWNLOAD tray. Apparently, showing up in the DOWNLOAD tray is a one-shot deal.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Underway- when I go to Downloads, I see an option to CLEAR DOWNLOADS. I'm afraid to click on it, but I wonder if that removes everything from that tray? Otherwise, I will drag the icons from the All Tray into a folder and then back out.

But your trick DOES work for a lot of the icons I have in my Downloads Folder. I moved them to home screen and back to folder and they POOF!!! disappear from the Downloads Tray. Bizarre. But what I wanted! LOL

Thanks!
    I am feeling better about 6 already today. It's a learning curve but I am no dummy. I should have it mastered very soon! I especially am concerned about the media player...I have tons of music and 23 playlists. Is that considered A LOT? cause when I open media player, it kinda lags while it finds album art and sets them up.

Does that improve as you open Media often enough?
    11-11-10 09:13 AM
    A big thanks to pistolpete, maybe RR and F2, not sure, still frazzeled, from JayDee's install. But some if not all of you guys pointed me to "crackberry wallpaper changer". I've been trialing it for several hours and find it to be a slick little app, as we all know the lack of themes in 6. And,Jaydee, who may be missing her themes, this is a nice solution/option for some homescreen variety. Thanks guys.
    11-11-10 09:15 AM
    Underway- when I go to Downloads, I see an option to CLEAR DOWNLOADS. I'm afraid to click on it, but I wonder if that removes everything from that tray? Otherwise, I will drag the icons from the All Tray into a folder and then back out.

But your trick DOES work for a lot of the icons I have in my Downloads Folder. I moved them to home screen and back to folder and they POOF!!! disappear from the Downloads Tray. Bizarre. But what I wanted! LOL

Thanks!
    I am feeling better about 6 already today. It's a learning curve but I am no dummy. I should have it mastered very soon! I especially am concerned about the media player...I have tons of music and 23 playlists. Is that considered A LOT? cause when I open media player, it kinda lags while it finds album art and sets them up.

Does that improve as you open Media often enough?
    To your first question: I had missed the CLEAR DOWNLOAD selection. Maybe it's new for .333?

About your media player lagging, it may just be indexing your selections. My phone lags a bit when the media player first opens, especially when it has a new playlist or I open a new album for the first time. After that, it runs pretty well.

UPDATE (8:09) - the CLEAR DOWNLOAD selection just clears the DOWNLOAD tray. It does not delete the app from your phone. It looks like the DOWNLOAD tray is a repository for shortcuts to dowloaded apps, so that you don't have to look for the cool new app you just got.
    Last edited by Underway99; 11-11-10 at 10:10 AM.
    11-11-10 09:28 AM
    Congratulations to you all - Jaydee, of course, for getting down to it and doing it. The others for being a very helpful group. I'm learning from everyone else's experience. I'll wait a bit on OS6 and see how the other hold-out, Jaydee, feels about it. Obviously, I can make up my own mind but as it vacillates, I'll stick with the familiar - still getting to know my Kindle (and reading its forums).
    11-11-10 09:34 AM
    Hey guys, another question!

I can't send emails from my device. What do I need to check on now?
    I DID save my service books when I did the selective restore and I am getting all my emails delivered. I just can't send any out from my handset.

Ideas?
    11-11-10 10:44 AM
    Hey guys, another question!

I can't send emails from my device. What do I need to check on now?
    I DID save my service books when I did the selective restore and I am getting all my emails delivered. I just can't send any out from my handset.

Ideas?
    I had to resend service books after I upgraded to .333. I had saved and restored my old OS5 service books, but found that they didn't work with the latest OS6. After resending from the .333 install, my email works.

Also double-check your default services. They don't always transfer with the new OS.
    11-11-10 11:32 AM
    I had to resend service books after I upgraded to .333. I had saved and restored my old OS5 service books, but found that they didn't work with the latest OS6. After resending from the .333 install, my email works.

Also double-check your default services. They don't always transfer with the new OS.
    OK, i did both of those things but still not able to send.
    Any other ideas?
    I resent the service books from the BIS website. Should I do anything else?
    Default services? Mine just says which email service to use. I set it for my home email address.
    Last edited by jaydee5799; 11-11-10 at 11:50 AM.
    11-11-10 11:46 AM
    I've not used the BIS site. I handle my service books from the email setup on my phone. I'm not sure if there is a difference. Maybe making the request from the phone will identify the OS version.

You might also want to check your email account settings to make sure that they transferred correctly.

EDIT: Your default services should just show your default email. The other that it would have is for the calendar, but if you've not created a PIM database, the default calendar service probably won't be visible.
    Last edited by Underway99; 11-11-10 at 11:58 AM.
    11-11-10 11:52 AM
23,186 ... 307308309310311 ...