Hey Luz!!! Girl, how you doing? Seems we communicate on Twitter more than BBM these days!!! Survive the birthday party?

Bob...I am going to be all over RIM for that TB6 for themes like white on rice. And you better believe me, there will be trouble if they don't hurry!!!
    I can't believe I'm gonna go through the holiday season with a b-u-t-t ugly theme like OS6...I better check the cupboard. I need some gin right now!!!
    You can change your WP at will, if you do that it will look like you changed your theme.
    11-09-10 08:58 PM
    JD the first time i loaded up 6 i had like 8 themes on my device. I didnt uninstall them and just left them on there for the heck of it. When 6 was loaded up on my bold the themes showed on my bold but i couldnt use any of them. I would just uninstall them before as there really is no need for them once you have 6. If you use ubertwitter and dont use facebook and have the rss reader app then honestly there really is no need for the social feeds app. I used it at first but when i loaded up .333 i uninstalled it because i like socialscope better. You can always load it up and see how it runs, because it does include bbm, and if you find it useless or you dont like it you can delete it.
    11-09-10 08:59 PM
    JD the first time i loaded up 6 i had like 8 themes on my device. I didnt uninstall them and just left them on there for the heck of it. When 6 was loaded up on my bold the themes showed on my bold but i couldnt use any of them. I would just uninstall them before as there really is no need for them once you have 6. If you use ubertwitter and dont use facebook and have the rss reader app then honestly there really is no need for the social feeds app. I used it at first but when i loaded up .333 i uninstalled it because i like socialscope better. You can always load it up and see how it runs, because it does include bbm, and if you find it useless or you dont like it you can delete it.
    Glad you answered the social stuff question RR, I don't use any of them so I have no knowledge of what they do, how they work, etc., etc.

RR is right about the themes, back them up and uninstall them since you can't use them anyway.
    11-09-10 09:06 PM
    Yup, just uninstall the themes at the beginning part of the apploader process. I concur with what Bob says about changing wp for completely diff looks. I'm finding I'm not missing the themes from 5.
    11-09-10 10:05 PM
    I only use the default themes so it's not a big deal for me.
    11-09-10 11:30 PM
    Hey Luz!!!
    I can't believe I'm gonna go through the holiday season with a b-u-t-t ugly theme like OS6...I better check the cupboard. I need some gin right now!!!
    I've got the tonic water - she with gin, me with either gin or campari! Good luck.
    11-09-10 11:36 PM
    Jaydee, if you don't already have it, I'd definitely recommend Crackberry Wallpaper Changer Pro. I have mine set to rotate a folder I've set up with pictures of my son every 10 minutes. Also, remember that you can adjust how many rows of icons show up on your homescreen. You can have zero like I do (I like my wallpapers), 1, or 2. You can even customize how many icons are in each row. Again, I set mine to zero and then just swipe down when I want to open my All tray. Personally, I never use any of the other trays (Downloads, Favorites, Frequent, Media). I don't have a ton of stuff on my All screen anyway, plus I use QL frequently.

The menus are really quite different in terms of how things are grouped and where you can edit things compared to OS5, but once you get used to them I think you'll like them. There's more customization you can do with OS6 than you could with OS5, it just might take a bit to really learn how. Don't get discouraged. I'd recommend just going to the Settings menu, and going through every sub-menu in order to see what you can adjust, get it adjusted, and learn where you need to go in the future.

Like many people, there's no way I'm going back to OS5 and would highlight recommend OS6.
    11-10-10 12:06 AM
    I've got the tonic water - she with gin, me with either gin or campari! Good luck.
    F2...are you taking the plunge as well...or you just feeding me the drinks?
    I am going to make one BEFORE I start the process...FOR SURE!!!!

What's funny is...I HATE not having themes and I know I'm gonna be complaining as soon as I finish. So someone better be ready to tell me how to change wallpaper. FAST!!!!!
    11-10-10 06:58 AM
    Jaydee, if you don't already have it, I'd definitely recommend Crackberry Wallpaper Changer Pro. I have mine set to rotate a folder I've set up with pictures of my son every 10 minutes. Also, remember that you can adjust how many rows of icons show up on your homescreen. You can have zero like I do (I like my wallpapers), 1, or 2. You can even customize how many icons are in each row. Again, I set mine to zero and then just swipe down when I want to open my All tray. Personally, I never use any of the other trays (Downloads, Favorites, Frequent, Media). I don't have a ton of stuff on my All screen anyway, plus I use QL frequently.

The menus are really quite different in terms of how things are grouped and where you can edit things compared to OS5, but once you get used to them I think you'll like them. There's more customization you can do with OS6 than you could with OS5, it just might take a bit to really learn how. Don't get discouraged. I'd recommend just going to the Settings menu, and going through every sub-menu in order to see what you can adjust, get it adjusted, and learn where you need to go in the future.

Like many people, there's no way I'm going back to OS5 and would highlight recommend OS6.
    Pete-great recommendation! I probably will look into that as soon as I see how UGLY OS6 really is!!!!
    I have GBs of wallies so no problem with having them change every so often!
    Thanks!
    11-10-10 07:03 AM
    Paul, you better clear your social calendar for Wednesday night. You gotta be on alert!!!
    I'll be here!

do not do it - no themes
    lol, I'll take 2 minutes reboots, universal search, scrolling trays and all the other improvements over themes any day. Never was a big fan of themes, most of them have bugs.
    Last edited by pcgizmo; 11-10-10 at 07:34 AM.
    11-10-10 07:16 AM
    Good Morning Ramblers! This is it, today is the day that Jaydee jumps in the BB6 pool with gin in hand!! Woo Hoo!!!

Jaydee, It's gonna be ok. We're all here with you.
    11-10-10 07:19 AM
    Good Morning Ramblers! This is it, today is the day that Jaydee jumps in the BB6 pool with gin in hand!! Woo Hoo!!!

Jaydee, It's gonna be ok. We're all here with you.
    And when I jump out of the pool with BB6 on my device....F2 is gonna have my drink freshened for me!!! LOL

I was just telling Paul, I'm so excited!
    I made backups in .ipd format thru DM
    Individual cod backups of everything on my phone
    and backups of BeWeather, BeBuzz, BeReader, and QL to my card
    Also, remote backup of BBM contacts
    I will uninstall my many themes before I start more than likely so I don't have to worry about that.

Boy, that's gonna kill me!!!!! Deleting my themes!
    11-10-10 07:32 AM
    If you've made a good back up you're ready to go. Use app loader and have it back up and restore your device. That way all your third party apps are backed up, your deivce is wiped, BB6 is installed, and your data and apps are restored. Should take about 30-40 minutes.

DO NOT FREAK OUT IF YOU ENCOUNTER A SNAG! Stuff happens and there are enough resident experts here to help you through.

When I went thru my 8 wipe/reloads nightmare last week, I hit a snag and couldn't get it to load an OS at all. I thought I'd hosed it for good, but I was persistent. I took a deep breath and told myself I can't break it. A week later, here I am running 333.
    11-10-10 07:40 AM
    If you've made a good back up you're ready to go. Use app loader and have it back up and restore your device. That way all your third party apps are backed up, your deivce is wiped, BB6 is installed, and your data and apps are restored. Should take about 30-40 minutes.

DO NOT FREAK OUT IF YOU ENCOUNTER A SNAG! Stuff happens and there are enough resident experts here to help you through.

When I went thru my 8 wipe/reloads nightmare last week, I hit a snag and couldn't get it to load an OS at all. I thought I'd hosed it for good, but I was persistent. I took a deep breath and told myself I can't break it. A week later, here I am running 333.
    Nope freaking out is what I do best!!!!! LOL
    I'm gonna go slow and light candles to the gods of BB
    And keep you on speed dial!!!
    11-10-10 07:49 AM
    And when I jump out of the pool with BB6 on my device....F2 is gonna have my drink freshened for me!!! LOL

I was just telling Paul, I'm so excited!
    I made backups in .ipd format thru DM
    Individual cod backups of everything on my phone
    and backups of BeWeather, BeBuzz, BeReader, and QL to my card
    Also, remote backup of BBM contacts
    I will uninstall my many themes before I start more than likely so I don't have to worry about that.

Boy, that's gonna kill me!!!!! Deleting my themes!
    Sounds like appropriate over-kill to me!

JayDee, before you start the process sit still for a moment and take 3 really deeeeeepppp breaths. With your knowledge of BBs this is going to be a cake walk.

Now as to WP, you can use the app that Pete suggested or all you need to do is navigate to the WP you want to use, BBKey > Set as Wallpaper and you are done. With your gigs of WPs you will think you have changed themes all the timem, and if you keep your home screen really clean as I do the look is not bad, similar to a very clean Al3Azim theme.

OK, now BREATHE!
    11-10-10 07:54 AM
    Bob, Al3azim's themes are what I am gonna miss most of all. Just love the quick shortcuts from the home screen to manage connections, clock, options.

Really gonna miss that. And why does the d-a-m-n top banner have to be so BIG????

It's ugly!!!!
    11-10-10 08:07 AM
    JayDee, Onward to 6/333, and upward to infinity and BEYOND!!

Just in case you need a buzz first.
    11-10-10 09:42 AM
    Jim, you are too funny!
    You guys make me laugh...you're the best! I don't know what I would do without my Essex mob...er...um...gang here to support me!

In just about 4 hours...I'll be installing 6! and no more pretty themes like this one
    11-10-10 09:52 AM
    Bob, Al3azim's themes are what I am gonna miss most of all. Just love the quick shortcuts from the home screen to manage connections, clock, options.

Really gonna miss that. And why does the d-a-m-n top banner have to be so BIG????

It's ugly!!!!
    On OS6 there are quick options to manage connections and clock (it's really a lot like the Random theme of Al3azim's). You just scroll all the way up on the home screen and click and you can edit: connections, alarm, mobile network options, set up a wifi network, manage bluetooth, service status, and options (your full Settings).
    11-10-10 10:03 AM
    Hey Jim, or anyone else with 6 already...what about my media card?
    Can I leave it in like I usually do while I upgrade? And my ringtones? Does 6 have its own set? What about ones that I have created myself. I assume since they are on my card I can choose them again. This true?

My pictures and things on my card won't be affected at all by this upgrade, correct? Will I be able to search the card the same way after the install? Does the file structure differ?
    11-10-10 10:05 AM
    So wait. If I choose not to install social feeds, which it is sounding like I don't need...does BBM get installed anyway or no?????

I NEED BBM
    11-10-10 10:09 AM
    Hey Jim, or anyone else with 6 already...what about my media card?
    Can I leave it in like I usually do while I upgrade? And my ringtones? Does 6 have its own set? What about ones that I have created myself. I assume since they are on my card I can choose them again. This true?

My pictures and things on my card won't be affected at all by this upgrade, correct? Will I be able to search the card the same way after the install? Does the file structure differ?
    BB6 comes with a lighter set of ringtones. you shouldn't have SD card issues, folder structure is the same.

So wait. If I choose not to install social feeds, which it is sounding like I don't need...does BBM get installed anyway or no?????

I NEED BBM
    Yes!
    11-10-10 10:11 AM
    F2...are you taking the plunge as well...or you just feeding me the drinks?
    I am going to make one BEFORE I start the process...FOR SURE!!!!

What's funny is...I HATE not having themes and I know I'm gonna be complaining as soon as I finish. So someone better be ready to tell me how to change wallpaper. FAST!!!!!
    Good morning - it really is a bit early to be discussing alcohol and tonic but then again, maybe not.

Before I get to the end of the mystery, I will inquire here - so how did it go and how goes it? (now to read the rest of the thread)
    11-10-10 10:13 AM
    I'll be here!

lol, I'll take 2 minutes reboots, universal search, scrolling trays and all the other improvements over themes any day. Never was a big fan of themes, most of them have bugs.
    What's this Universal Search about? I am not a big theme changer - I've generally found one for the 8830, the Tour and now the Bold and stuck with it. But I like having some icons or what I call "active status" icons on the main screen (like the speaker-profile one, and with Stormy-x the battery is options, the 3g is manage connections, stuff like that).

But what concerns me most, being a browser user, would be the scrolling to read pages or columns or whatever you want to call them. While at my advanced age (not kidding), I still do not need reading glasses, I do need a reasonable sized font and don't want the tedium of scrolling. I do hope that Rim/Verizon realize that we do not have a Torch-sized screen and that Column View is needed for the older devices under OS6. I am amazed with the leaks that this has not been addressed but fear they might not care about making older device users all that happy. They may go "take it or leave it - you have OS5, if you don't like the new browsing mess!" I do hope I'm wrong and it is being reviewed.
    11-10-10 10:19 AM

It's ugly!!!!
    Yes, as my response to that other guy (sorry, other guy, I forgot your ID), those shortcuts are what I'd miss too. And, while I'm sure I could set them up in either shortcutme or QL, I just must be an icon-type of guy.

Hey, from the picture you posted, you should be able to refresh yourself easily - from hottub to a roll in the snow, Finnish style!
    11-10-10 10:24 AM
23,186 ... 304305306307308 ...