Thanks PC!! This will go a long way in calming my fears!
    Now in my Downloads folder, I have currently 30 apps that I use on my phone. They all have icons. What equivalent is there for finding my apps? I put them on the Downloads "Tray" ?

I mean, I know I can put them all on QL but that is way too cumbersome to scroll through and besides, I like the icons.
    I didn't use the downloads folder under os 5, I threw every thing on the homescreen. I would imagine that everything in your downloads folder will migrate to the downloads tray.

Apps installed OTA or thru app loader will end up in the D/L tray.

Did the video help?
    11-09-10 10:10 AM
    I didn't use the downloads folder under os 5, I threw every thing on the homescreen. I would imagine that everything in your downloads folder will migrate to the downloads tray.

Apps installed OTA or thru app loader will end up in the D/L tray.

Did the video help?
    YES!!!! The video is super!!!!! I'm gonna figure out how to post it here then others can use it too! Someone else is bound to have questions besides ME!

TY so much for the video!!!!

So essentially all my downloaded apps that are already installed will be thrown into the downloads tray. Cool. You know what this means, boy and girls?
    JayDee has to try OS6 this week...no wonder we had snow!
    11-09-10 10:33 AM
    Jaydee when I went from 5 to 6 all the apps that I had already downloaded did not show up in the downloads tray. The only apps that showed up in the downloads tray were apps that I downloaded after 6 was already installed. But if you upgrade and re download your apps they will indeed show up in the downloads tray.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-09-10 10:54 AM
    Jaydee when I went from 5 to 6 all the apps that I had already downloaded did not show up in the downloads tray. The only apps that showed up in the downloads tray were apps that I downloaded after 6 was already installed. But if you upgrade and re download your apps they will indeed show up in the downloads tray.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    OH NO!!!!!
    I have to redownload over 30 apps????
    Where did they go if they didn't go in the downloads tray?
    And if I do that...do the same icons show in the All tray and the downloads tray too?
    11-09-10 11:09 AM
    OH NO!!!!!
    I have to redownload over 30 apps????
    Where did they go if they didn't go in the downloads tray?
    And if I do that...do the same icons show in the All tray and the downloads tray too?
    Depending on just what you have loaded, you might have to download updated versions of some of your apps. To this point, all of my OS5-compatible apps work just fine with OS6. App icons for my downloads go to both the ALL and DOWNLOADS trays. I'm not sure if changing the download folder in OPTIONS\DISPLAY\HOME SCREEN PREFEENCES will change that.
    11-09-10 11:40 AM
    Depending on just what you have loaded, you might have to download updated versions of some of your apps. To this point, all of my OS5-compatible apps work just fine with OS6. App icons for my downloads go to both the ALL and DOWNLOADS trays. I'm not sure if changing the download folder in OPTIONS\DISPLAY\HOME SCREEN PREFEENCES will change that.
    OK Underway...thanks! I don't know if I need any new versions of anything...more than likely there are one or two. But if I load .333 with apploader and it restores all my apps and icons, you are thinking it will put them in the all and downloads trays. And if I want to, can I make a folder in the ALL tray?

Oh wait, yes I can PC told me that. OK nevermind then. I think I got it. Maybe for this trial of 333 for me, since it's my first run at OS6, I'll just let the chips fall where they may. When the official hits, i will wipe and re-download everything one at a time to get a cleaner install. Does that make any sense? Am I saying it right?
    11-09-10 11:45 AM
    OK Underway...thanks! I don't know if I need any new versions of anything...more than likely there are one or two. But if I load .333 with apploader and it restores all my apps and icons, you are thinking it will put them in the all and downloads trays. And if I want to, can I make a folder in the ALL tray?

Oh wait, yes I can PC told me that. OK nevermind then. I think I got it. Maybe for this trial of 333 for me, since it's my first run at OS6, I'll just let the chips fall where they may. When the official hits, i will wipe and re-download everything one at a time to get a cleaner install. Does that make any sense? Am I saying it right?
    Yes, you (and PC) are right. You can make as many folders in your ALL tray as you'd like. You can select one of your home-grown folders as a destination for your downloads, then you'd just see the app icons in the DOWNLOADS tray (and in whatever folder you select for your downloads, of course).

As for new app versions, the only ones that I made a point of updating were QuickLaunch and BerryWeather. I don't much use QL any more since moving to OS6, primarily just for the shortcuts. If you have and choose to update BW, the OS5 version worked just fine for me, but I loaded the OS6 version anyway. Make sure that you disable advisories on either version even before you set your location. The advisories feature still has a bug that will lock up your phone.

Good luck!
    11-09-10 12:02 PM
    Jaydee, regarding my apps when I go from 5 to 6 everything comes over fine and ends up at the bottom of my "all" tray. Only newly downloaded stuff will go to "downloads" at least this has been my experience. They are movable and you can put up to two rows of icons on your home screen. I prefer none as I like a clean look, using Q/L to access everything. Using app loader works the best for me and was consistantly fine each time, and there were mnay,many times. So go for it. I can't wait to hear how you like it.

FWIW Berryweather's advisoiries never froze me up and I had no issues with them. I ended up turning them off because I simply thought them to be annoying.
    I did not wipe anytime and just went 5 to 6 overlaying 6 right on top. Very smooth. App loader saved and re-installed everything.
    Last edited by cbreze; 11-09-10 at 01:26 PM.
    11-09-10 01:17 PM
    i did the same and had the same results as cbreeze. I wouldnt wipe with bbsak if i were you as some people had browser issues from wiping service books that were needed. I just installed 6 right over 5 using app loader and had no issues what so ever. However if you want to social feeds app make sure you check it in app loader as its not checked by default.
    11-09-10 02:32 PM
    Jaydee, regarding my apps when I go from 5 to 6 everything comes over fine and ends up at the bottom of my "all" tray. Only newly downloaded stuff will go to "downloads" at least this has been my experience. They are movable and you can put up to two rows of icons on your home screen. I prefer none as I like a clean look, using Q/L to access everything. Using app loader works the best for me and was consistantly fine each time, and there were mnay,many times. So go for it. I can't wait to hear how you like it.
    Jaydee, I used apploader when I went from OS5 to BB6 as well. I let it do the complete backup and resotre, so there was nothing in my downloads tray. As I said to you in BBM, I didn't use the downloads folder in OS5, I moved everything to the homescreen, so I wasn't sure if the stuff in the downloads folder migrated to the downloads tray.

+1 on the social feeds...it's not installed by default, so make sure you checl the box to add it.

Wiping with BBSAK didn't cause any issues for me, remember my 8 wipe and reloads last week? It was a FB beta issue, service books were fine.
    11-09-10 02:46 PM
    Yes, you (and PC) are right. You can make as many folders in your ALL tray as you'd like. You can select one of your home-grown folders as a destination for your downloads, then you'd just see the app icons in the DOWNLOADS tray (and in whatever folder you select for your downloads, of course).

As for new app versions, the only ones that I made a point of updating were QuickLaunch and BerryWeather. I don't much use QL any more since moving to OS6, primarily just for the shortcuts. If you have and choose to update BW, the OS5 version worked just fine for me, but I loaded the OS6 version anyway. Make sure that you disable advisories on either version even before you set your location. The advisories feature still has a bug that will lock up your phone.

Good luck!
    I have not had any problem with BW, I have not disabled the alerts or anything else.
    11-09-10 03:52 PM

JayDee, you have all the control of folders that you have had in the past, no need to fret about that. Since I use QL so much, I have all my apps in a couple of folders, 4 actually, then I have my 3 email icons for the 3 email addresses that I use, a couple more icons and the off button. The net effect is that I have 2 rows of 6 icons in the all tray and that's it. I don't use the other trays at all.

Point is, once you get to BB6 you will figure out how you want your device setup and will have the capability to do that. Create folders, hide folders, all the same as OS5.

Not to worry, you will be fine.
    11-09-10 03:56 PM
    Message for JayDee

11-09-10 04:26 PM
    OMG!!!!
    You guys, now there's no turning back!!!
    OK OK, Wednesday night I will do it!
    I will have all day Thursday to play with my new phone and try to figure it out.

Paul, you better clear your social calendar for Wednesday night. You gotta be on alert!!!

It's gonna be ugly but I gotta try it now. I'm way overdue...
    Thanks for the push guys!!!!!
    11-09-10 05:01 PM
    OMG!!!!
    You guys, now there's no turning back!!!
    OK OK, Wednesday night I will do it!
    I will have all day Thursday to play with my new phone and try to figure it out.

Paul, you better clear your social calendar for Wednesday night. You gotta be on alert!!!

It's gonna be ugly but I gotta try it now. I'm way overdue...
    Thanks for the push guys!!!!!
    JayDee's gonna install BB6!!!!!
    11-09-10 06:24 PM
    JayDee's gonna install BB6!!!!!
    ROFL!!!!
    There are no words to describe how apprehensive I am Bob. But your message and Jim's message and PCgizmo's support, and that of Prince and rryoung will get me through!

I will report as soon as I install tomorrow night! I promise!
    11-09-10 06:37 PM
    ROFL!!!!
    There are no words to describe how apprehensive I am Bob. But your message and Jim's message and PCgizmo's support, and that of Prince and rryoung will get me through!

Apprehensive? Hence: But then in your case it's:
    11-09-10 07:02 PM
    ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!
    Perfectamundo!
    11-09-10 07:05 PM
    Evening,

Noob here. You went ahead with bb6? So far so good?

~Kip
    11-09-10 07:13 PM
    Jaydee, all of my apps came over from 5 to 6 fine. They showed up in the "all" tray. In 5 I used the download folder, so I added another download folder in 6. My download tray is empty, I would prefer to have my downloads in the tray but I'm to lazy to re-download the apps. I only have maybe 8-10 apps and not thirty either.
    11-09-10 07:26 PM
    ROFL!!!!

Jaydee -

If you get it to work then I'll be asking for your expertise as well!
    11-09-10 07:27 PM
    jaydee don't install bb6!!!!!
    do not do it - no themes
    11-09-10 07:28 PM
    do not do it - no themes
    F2, after lots of egging her on, she finally bought into BB6 with the full realization that there are no themes at this point. All I can say is that RIM better hurry and release the theme stuff for the 9650 on BB6 or she's gonna go after them. That would not be good...
    11-09-10 07:50 PM
    HAHA!
    F2...you made me stop there for a minute and look longingly back through all my themes...Oh That's the only reason I have held out this long!!!!

I'm gonna try OS6. If I can't stand the fuglyness...Im going back to 975. What the heck! I have every OS on my hard drive anyway!!!

Now question for you Bob or Prince...do I delete my OS5 themes first before I run apploader. Or will it realize that the themes won't work and NOT load them back. Or do I choose NOT to install them...I think Paul said to be sure to choose Social feeds, so when I get there, I choose NOT to install my themes, right? All 20 of them!!!!

Now social feeds. I do Ubertwitter. I have Berry Reader for RSS. No FB, nothing else. Do I need Social feeds? Can't I just run like I have been?
    11-09-10 08:10 PM
    Jaydee -

If you get it to work then I'll be asking for your expertise as well!
    F2, after lots of egging her on, she finally bought into BB6 with the full realization that there are no themes at this point. All I can say is that RIM better hurry and release the theme stuff for the 9650 on BB6 or she's gonna go after them. That would not be good...
    Hey Luz!!! Girl, how you doing? Seems we communicate on Twitter more than BBM these days!!! Survive the birthday party?

Bob...I am going to be all over RIM for that TB6 for themes like white on rice. And you better believe me, there will be trouble if they don't hurry!!!
    I can't believe I'm gonna go through the holiday season with a b-u-t-t ugly theme like OS6...I better check the cupboard. I need some gin right now!!!
    11-09-10 08:18 PM
23,186 ... 303304305306307 ...