Oh yes Bob...glad you're sooooooo modest and would NEVER rub it in!
    Next we have to hear from that gizmo guy about how short HIS boot times are and my day will be complete!

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Hey Essex Ramblers, Happy Friday!
    I wanna tell you about a neat app I discovered the other day out of necessity. I need directions and didn't want to do the "send mapquest directions to my bb email" thing so a friend told me about WAZE.

If you've never tried it, Waze is a turn by turn directions app, using GPS and it reads the directions aloud to you. WooHOO! Works like a charm! You can tweet your findings, you know, if you're stuck in hellacious traffic and the sort, but I needed it simply to get Mom to a doctor's office that we hadn't been to before.

I have to say for a FREE app, color me IMPRESSED. Needs work a bit. The maps as you are driving are spot on. But going around the loops on the Thruway, you know, the curves are not really TURNS to me but I was being told to take a left, etc. but I could deal with it. Street-wise IT WAS GREAT!!!!

Free GPS Navigation with Turn by Turn - Waze

If you try it, let me know what you think!
    Looks like a good catch JayDee, I've downloaded it but have not had an opportunity to give it a try. I'll check it out next week and see what I think of it.

I'm glad to find out about this because as Paul said, I don't always have my TomTom with me and it would be handy in those instances to have it on my phone. This is good. Hope it works for me as well as it seems to work for you.
    11-05-10 08:35 PM
    Ah F2, you must mean Al3azim's theme Stormy-x, yes?
    I have all of his themes, too.
    Bob and Jim never let me forget it!
    Very functional, though. Right number of icons and clean.
    Yup!

10char
    11-05-10 08:36 PM
    I agree that the browser can be a little annoying; however, I have found that if you get where you want to be on a web page and use the space bar to page down it works pretty well. Also as rr pointed out, it does reformat for your screen.
    Yeah, and sometimesmore than a little annoying.
    Seriously tho the webkit browser is extremely irritating at times and other times it's fantastic. So it's a toss up, but the column view of 5's browser is awesome for certain sites(like CB) and for those particular sites it blows the webkit all to begeesus. The text wrapping feature of the webkit isn't even always consistant. Oh well,"it is what it is".
    11-05-10 11:40 PM
    You know, I had been toying with the idea of "trying" OS6 just for giggles and then moving back...just so I could say "I didn't like it".

But I think I'll wait.

What's the deal with this browser? Everything else I will get used to sooner or later. There will be lots of frantic BBM shouts to you all asking where do I find this and that, I'm sure but what about this browser? Is column view like I have on my OS5 right now possible? Just like I have now. Is it possible???

That's the only thing that scares me. I don't do a lot on the web but geez, my eyes are getting any younger and my patience is thinning as well. LOL

Have a great Saturday Essex Ramblers!
    11-06-10 08:39 AM
    The browser's ok once you get used to it's quirks. There is no column view like 5 has. Just a type of text wrap. So just hold your nose and jump in, you'll see what everybody's been talking about. And , remember, most everybody loves it and sees it as a ig improvement. Gotta find out for yourself tho, that's the only way.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-06-10 09:22 AM
    It seems to have 3, also has emails listed. If it were up to me, i'd turn off the emails and have only the calendar entries and like 5 or 6 of them.
    Thanks for the reply. I agree about the increased number of calendar entries. Too bad OS6 seems to be the same as OS5 when it comes to Today format. I guess that's what themes are for. My BerryGoodThemes Today theme displays my next 6 appointments, has a spot for the weather (upper rt), and a scrolling bar at the bottom for 12 links. I know it comes up a little short for displaying other info but the stock battery meter is fine for my use. Boot up time remains about 3.5 minutes.

11-06-10 10:02 AM
    The browser's ok once you get used to it's quirks. There is no column view like 5 has. Just a type of text wrap. So just hold your nose and jump in, you'll see what everybody's been talking about. And , remember, most everybody loves it and sees it as a ig improvement. Gotta find out for yourself tho, that's the only way.

+1 on that one Jim, I also think that JayDee should try it herself and draw her own conclusions. She has been listening to other people's comments and really doesn't know how it would work for her. I'm not a big browser person either and as such, the Webkit browser is just fine for me.
    11-06-10 04:41 PM
    I am a BIG browser user. So, while I have not experienced the OS6 browser on the Bold, I did quickly look at the Torch. I will have to try that again if I can remember where that AT&T store was!
    11-06-10 07:28 PM
    I am a BIG browser user. So, while I have not experienced the OS6 browser on the Bold, I did quickly look at the Torch. I will have to try that again if I can remember where that AT&T store was!
    Could actually be better on the torch with a touch screen to help the navigation. Would love to hear your impressions of it if you try it. I may stop by a sprint store one of these days and see if it's any diff on a non-touch(style)device.
    My biggest complaint other than no column view is there seems to be inconsistances with the way it operates. For instance, one time I'll click on a page to text wrap it and it works fine, the next time it takes a few trys to get the same results. Sometimes the alt/trackpad zoom option works , sometimes not. I think it has to do with what your trying to zoom into. Sometimes the "I" key zooms in, some times not. Thats the learning curve for me, trying to remember which method to use to zoom. Thats why the old column view style of 5's browser is nice. It's constantly fine and reliable. Then of course if it's not zooming properly as I'd like there's always scrolling. The rest of the os is great and I personally really like it. Very fluid and smooth in all other aspects of moving thru messages and everything. So I keep struggling along with the browser, hoping I'll find it's sweet spot.
    Last edited by cbreze; 11-07-10 at 08:34 AM.
    11-06-10 07:42 PM
    Mornin' essex folks. Don't forget to reset your clocks. Unless you live in Arizona
    And, what a beautiful fall morning here 54 degrees and sunny.
    Have pleasant sundays everyone, see ya on the flipside.
    11-07-10 08:38 AM
    Mornin' essex folks. Don't forget to reset your clocks. Unless you live in Arizona
    Good morning and happy Sunday to all. Yup, I did remember to change the clocks.

Only 47 last night and up to 67 at the moment, just got home from church a little while ago and if we weren't invited to a birthday get together for a dear friend, this boy would be haeaded to the golf course. I have a hard time missing out on such a perfect opportunity to play golf. Oh well, stuff occurs...
    11-07-10 01:41 PM
    Good morning and happy Sunday to all. Yup, I did remember to change the clocks.

Only 47 last night and up to 67 at the moment, just got home from church a little while ago
    Oh you guys and your happy, warm, beautiful weather outlook. Makes me ill!

HAHAHAAAAAA
    I am scraping car windows to get going in the am already and tomorrow we are expecting wet snow. You can rest assured that first chance I get, you sill be getting snow pictures posted here!!!!!!

Probably sooner rather than later...
    Enjoy Sunday my Essex friends!
    11-07-10 01:48 PM
    Oh you guys and your happy, warm, beautiful weather outlook. Makes me ill!

HAHAHAAAAAA
    I am scraping car windows to get going in the am already and tomorrow we are expecting wet snow. You can rest assured that first chance I get, you sill be getting snow pictures posted here!!!!!!

Probably sooner rather than later...
    Enjoy Sunday my Essex friends!
    Don't you go slipping and slidding in that wet white stuff!
    11-07-10 02:50 PM
    Happy Sunday, Essex Ramblers... I want to express a huge thank you to jaydee for the heads-up on the new Bold 9650 leak: 6.0.0.333

11-07-10 05:06 PM
    I'm downloading it now. Has anybody installed it yet?

11-07-10 05:31 PM
    I'll be installing it when the download is finished. I'm not waiting for a review.
    11-07-10 05:37 PM
    Happy Sunday, Essex Ramblers... I want to express a huge thank you to jaydee for the heads-up on the new Bold 9650 leak: 6.0.0.333

I'm downloading it now. Has anybody installed it yet?

I'll be installing it when the download is finished. I'm not waiting for a review.
    Look at you three!!! You're like three 10 year olds on Christmas morning!
    LMAO
    Have fun "boys".... and keep me posted. The better the leak gets, the closer I get to installing.

PS Where's Bob...late to this party?
    11-07-10 06:04 PM
    im loving it so far. ive only been using it for like an hour, but its much quicker than .280 for me. time will tell about stability and battery life.
    11-07-10 06:25 PM
    Question for anyone who wants to answer:
    in preparation for OS6...

When I install 6, can I just install only my phone contacts, bookmarks and bbm contacts to the installation and nothing else?

And then can I add back apps, one at a time by using BBSAK and the cod files?
    Or do I have to download each app again individually? I have them all saved in a backup /ipd, in individual cods and of course, can easily download them all again, if need be. Just wondering what would give me the cleanest, clutter-baggage-free install.

And of course, if this can be done, you know "someone" is gonna have to give me clear instructions on how to do all this.

Let's nominate someone...
    11-07-10 06:31 PM
    I just used app loader, shrinking it first with hybrid tools. It loaded right over 280. Didn't do anything fancy, same as always. Everything came along saved and then re-installed. Gotta re-input some app codes which takes me all of 5 min. Done.
    I stopped by a sprint store earlier to check the styles browser and it is considerably. noticibly smoother. I'm hoping this upgrade has some of that sweetness. Gotta go play.
    11-07-10 06:42 PM
    im loving it so far. ive only been using it for like an hour, but its much quicker than .280 for me. time will tell about stability and battery life.
    +1 Same here, Seems smoother over-all. The browser is loading stuff a bit faster it seems. If anybody comes across any change log info please share.
    11-07-10 06:53 PM
    Look at you three!!! You're like three 10 year olds on Christmas morning!
    LMAO
    Have fun "boys".... and keep me posted. The better the leak gets, the closer I get to installing.

PS Where's Bob...late to this party?
    Yup, late to the party as usual. Just got home from a b'day party as it happens and found the notification of the new leak. I've already DL'd it and will install and try to shrink the double hockey sticks out of it.

I'll be hoping that it installs as easily as the other 2 leaks did.

Off to go to work, talk with you later, probably tomorrow as it will be late by the time I finish and get a chance to play with it a bit.
    11-07-10 08:14 PM
    Yup, late to the party as usual. Just got home from a b'day party as it happens and found the notification of the new leak. I've already DL'd it and will install and try to shrink the double hockey sticks out of it.

I'll be hoping that it installs as easily as the other 2 leaks did.

Off to go to work, talk with you later, probably tomorrow as it will be late by the time I finish and get a chance to play with it a bit.
    woa there before you get to antsy and shrink the **** out of it there is a known issue with shrinking this build an having the side convenience keys not working. Im not 100% sure but i think if you remove any of the VAD cods the side convenience keys dont work. Just to be safe the only think i shrunk were the extra languages and its all running just fine. So far browser is super fast for me. transitions and smooth and faster, scrolling is faster. And the best part for me is the fact that i have the strongest signal ive ever had on my bold. I normally have some signal flux but so far none what so ever. 5 bars with no flux for the last 3 hours! so far i really like this build,
    11-07-10 08:19 PM
    woa there before you get to antsy and shrink the **** out of it there is a known issue with shrinking this build an having the side convenience keys not working. Im not 100% sure but i think if you remove any of the VAD cods the side convenience keys dont work. Just to be safe the only think i shrunk were the extra languages and its all running just fine. So far browser is super fast for me. transitions and smooth and faster, scrolling is faster. And the best part for me is the fact that i have the strongest signal ive ever had on my bold. I normally have some signal flux but so far none what so ever. 5 bars with no flux for the last 3 hours! so far i really like this build,
    Hmmmm, that is interesting. I'll try to be careful what I shrink out of it.

By the way, have any of you had a problem with the executable file not being a compatible Win32 executable? Mine is not so I'm going to DL it from a different source.
    11-07-10 08:22 PM
    Hmmmm, that is interesting. I'll try to be careful what I shrink out of it.

By the way, have any of you had a problem with the executable file not being a compatible Win32 executable? Mine is not so I'm going to DL it from a different source.
    Bob, I shrunk it using the shrink os app, nothing fancy and ended up with 132mb. Used to end up with 134mb on 280. After loading my bold shows 268mb mem. My side keys are fine and I had no issue doing it this way.
    My 2nd D/L went fine and no trouble with the exe.
    11-07-10 08:58 PM
23,186 ... 301302303304305 ...