Jaydee, a ziplock bag perhaps?
    I have no doubt of your shoveling abilities, btw.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-26-10 05:56 PM
    Oh I do pretty well living in it Jim, cause I know how to SHOVEL it!!!!!
    LMAO

Get it?
    "Shovel" it?
    ok so maybe it wasn't that funny!
    Anyway, my Baby Bold has never gone thru a New York winter. I dunno what I'm a gonna do. I guess a case and keep it in my purse. We get random snow flurries and flakes at a moment's notice and I don't want stray water on my Bold so I guess when I'm outdoors it's gotta stay in my purse.

My Curve was a bit tougher, I think. Or I was less worried about it.
    JayDee, my wife is from upstate, Rochester area. She does just fine wintering in the Texas hill country without multiple feet of snow every year.

I'm afraid that I would not do well on the business end of a shovel in snow. And besides, how can you tell where the green is or where the hazards are with all that snow around??? I have no intrest in giving up my golf for that white stuff.
    10-26-10 06:27 PM
    Yeah, I hear that. I'm diggin' the crapola outta 983 right now. It is so smooth. Everytime I browse the web I'm amazed at how quicker and smoother it is than 6 for me anyway. I'm talking having the browser in column view. Plus I kinda prefer the steady sig bars. I'll certainly snag an official verizon release whenever, but it's def all good for now. Tomorrow? Another story. LoL!

Wow! 3 days on the same os, what is the world coming to. So, Jim you're liking 983? My signal is very strong on 975, usually 4-5 bars. Have you noticed anything else on 983?

10-26-10 07:55 PM
    Wow! 3 days on the same os, what is the world coming to. So, Jim you're liking 983? My signal is very strong on 975, usually 4-5 bars. Have you noticed anything else on 983?

You should stick then Keith. 983 seems to be an RF stability upgrade, nothing more than I can tell. Otherwise same as 975.

10-26-10 08:01 PM

I hate you guys with all those bars, I get excited when mine goes up to 3 bars at home. I do get 4/5 some when away from home but not all that often. Been the same on every OS that I have had.

And NO, I'm not coming back to OS5.
    10-26-10 08:32 PM
    Hey, where are all the ramblers today? Can't be letting this thread get relegated to the second page of threads!

JayDee, did you have anything to do with this? We are suposed to get down into the low 40s or high 30s tomorrow night, that could mean I can't play in shorts on Friday and that is not a good thing as far as I am concerned. Ya'll keep all that cold weather up north, we (I) don't want it here!
    10-27-10 10:02 PM
    F2 Have you lost your marbles? You actually LIKE snow????
    I'll package mine up as soon as it falls and ship it right to you.
    Gimme your address...
    Check out today's hike:

Snow Lake — Washington Trails Association

Of course, as I recall, you live up near Albany and have it regularly. It does not snow here very often but the mountains - well, that's another story. But snow really does help if you want to ski
    10-27-10 11:26 PM
    F2, How do you protect your berry in the snow???
    What type of case or cases do you use? I'm assuming its an Otterbox?
    I'm using a combo Otterbox. I gave up on the Defender and went with the Commuter (you know I don't recall but I think it is the MIDDLE model). But I used a hair dryer and softened the plastic for the holster so it grips the Commuter case - that is how I normally carry it. But it then goes in a plastic bag on all outdoor activities, including biking, hiking and cross-country skiing. Living in the pacific northWET you have to take proactive measures. If it is activity precipitating, it generally stays out of the weather. But I feel a bit better about the Bold and its Trackpad then handling the Tour's trackball with wet conditions and rolling moisture into the housing. And I don't use the belt clip portion - removed that bulky mechanism.

I do recall some great snow storms when I was a kid in Da Bronx many years ago.
    10-27-10 11:34 PM
    Hey, where are all the ramblers today? Can't be letting this thread get relegated to the second page of threads!

JayDee, did you have anything to do with this? We are suposed to get down into the low 40s or high 30s tomorrow night, that could mean I can't play in shorts on Friday and that is not a good thing as far as I am concerned. Ya'll keep all that cold weather up north, we (I) don't want it here!
    So Bob, you liked my nice little package of cold weather, huh? HAHAHAHAHA!
    Keep warm now!!!!

It was 49 this am and I left with no socks and only a sweater...it will get cold here soon; I'm sure....

F2...If you SEARCH for snow you are further gone that I thought!!!! Just kidding. Good for you! That's a lot of work for the Otterbox case but well worth it to protect the Bold in the snow. Good design job! Thanks for the info. I probably won't go that far because, of course, the Otterbox doesn't come in PURPLE!

Oh and hey!
    Chitowngirl made it through her surgery just fine. She is still in the hospital and in pain but I will call her on the weekend and shoot the breeze when she is home. Have a good day everyone!
    10-28-10 06:24 AM
    Good morning Essex Ramblers. I contacted CB site support yesterday for a couple of issues, one of them being my screenname. Tired of the confusion between me and Rich themod, I'm requesting a new one. I asked jaydee to give me some ideas. I came up with a really good one, but I think it may be a little too incendiary. So, I'm looking for suggestions. It's a new day on the bords, but as always "Let's be careful out there"
    Last edited by plkcable; 10-28-10 at 08:02 AM.
    10-28-10 07:16 AM
    how about CablePlk
    10-28-10 07:51 AM
    Good morning Essex Ramblers. I contacted CB site support yesterday for a couple of issues, one of them being my screenname. Tired of the confusion between me and Rich themod, I'm requesting a new one. I asked jaydee to give me some ideas, and I have a really good one, but I think it may be a little too incendiary. So, I'm looking for suggestions. It's a new day on the bords, but as always "Let's be careful out there"
    Paulberry

10char
    10-28-10 07:55 AM
    Good morning Essex Ramblers. I contacted CB site support yesterday for a couple of issues, one of them being my screenname. Tired of the confusion between me and Rich themod, I'm requesting a new one. I asked jaydee to give me some ideas. I came up with a really good one, but I think it may be a little too incendiary. So, I'm looking for suggestions. It's a new day on the bords, but as always "Let's be careful out there"
    Let's clarify here: the name I suggested was NOT incendiary. For a change I was not the one starting trouble. Imagine, me, innocent. IMAGINE it.

I say PCGIZMO.

What say you?
    10-28-10 01:55 PM
    Let's clarify here: the name I suggested was NOT incendiary. For a change I was not the one starting trouble. Imagine, me, innocent. IMAGINE it.

I say PCGIZMO.

What say you?
    I came up with a really good one, but I think it may be a little too incendiary.
    I thought of it. and thanks for the toss under the bus!!!
    10-28-10 02:19 PM
    Congrats on the new screen name!!!!!!
    10-28-10 02:25 PM
    congrats pcgizmo. At least now you'll be easy to spot.
    10-28-10 02:31 PM
    pcgizmo, I like it! Congrats on the new screen name.

10-28-10 03:42 PM
    pcgizmo, I like it! Congrats on the new screen name.

Do you like it? I thought of that one!
    10-28-10 04:21 PM
    Thanks guys, like my big "mouth" didn't make me easy enough to spot already!!! Lol

Last edited by pcgizmo; 10-28-10 at 04:35 PM.
    10-28-10 04:27 PM
    Got a quick Bweather question. Does anyone know if there's a way to make the temp font smaller when in the center position on your wallpaper? The right/left position seems somewhat adjustable, but center position is way huge.

10-28-10 05:04 PM
    Got a quick Bweather question. Does anyone know if there's a way to make the temp font smaller when in the center position on your wallpaper? The right/left position seems somewhat adjustable, but center position is way huge.

Jim, When you go to setting and homescreen wallpaper...there are choices for font size. mine is set at default. Does changing this help?
    You can change the font itself too I guess. Try it and see.
    10-28-10 05:13 PM
    Jim, When you go to setting and homescreen wallpaper...there are choices for font size. mine is set at default. Does changing this help?
    You can change the font itself too I guess. Try it and see.
    Yeah, one would logically think that, but that only changes the font on the inner forcast pages and doesn't affect the home screen. The right/left font positions seem only affected by the size of the icon you use. I thought it maybe an os6 bug, but it does it on 5 also. I've tried all those font settings. Oh well.
    Maybe someone with it on their home screen could try it and see.

10-28-10 05:21 PM
    Paul, like your choice, congrats. Better than the one we discussed this morning.

You need to stay away from busses, seems you end up under them tooooo often.
    10-28-10 08:43 PM
    Happy Halloween weekend, Essex Ramblers!
    See my home screen? It's frightful! LOL

Anyway...
    For those of you who have the new BerryWeather, if you haven't downloaded any of the new iconsets for the weather icons; you really should. here are a wealth of them in the 3rd party apps thread over at http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/ber...-icons-539999/
    The icons are zipped and you can download then from there and load them to your storage card or you can open BerryWeather and go right to BellShare and download to your BB. The same sets appear in both places. It's fun to change the icons. Of course, I change them with my many themes.

If you don't go in for themes, you can still change the icons around...you plain, no-nonsense people. LOL

Anyway, thought I'd share that info with ya in case you hadn't taken advantage of it already. I am using "glossy weather" icons in my screen shot.
    10-29-10 06:58 AM
    Good mornin' essex threader guys and gals, Yeah, it is still morning here in AZ. and dang this fall weather we seem to be going up into the 90's again with a weekend cooldown in time for halloween then the 90's again next week.
    Looking forward to some wintry weather down into the 70's.
    Dang near messed myself when I saw jaydee's scary theme. Scared me half to death. You truly are the reigning queen of the themes jaydee.
    So I also want to wish you all a wonderful halloween weekend, just don't eat to much candy. I have to go buy some more since I made the mistake of getting it to early and couldn't resist the chocolate goodies.
    If anybodys interested I migrated back to 6 after about a 4 day run on 5/983. I will say this about 983, if anybody likes running 5 and wants more stable/steady/perhaps better RF then that imho is what that upgrade was all about. Same as 975 otherwise.
    Here's my halloween screen for the weekend: Pretty scary , huh?

Ciao,
    10-29-10 01:53 PM
23,186 ... 298299300301302 ...