Is there a tweet forum?????
    10-25-10 06:38 PM
    I don't get twitter, face book, AIM, IM, WM, or any other of the instant messaging and social whatevers. My better half does face book but I want no part of it, she even plays the farmville game. Sheesh.
    I'm with you on all of the above. I tried FB and thought it to be incredibly boring. So and so changed their profile picture 14 min ago. OMFG!! I'm so excited! And then someone else says they like the fact that so and so baked some bread today. Yeah, baby! Good info, keep it comin'! And farmville! I actually know people who love that! I guess I'm just to frickin' old to get it. Dang!

I do get golf scores as text msgs, otherwise, don't really care about them either.
    Golf scores as texts? Wow, what next? LOL. J/K Bob, but really hadn't heard this use before. No texting while driving your golf cart now.
    10-25-10 06:54 PM
    OOOOOHHHHHHHHH you guyzzzzzzzz!!!
    OK OK OK!!!!
    I get it!
    Nevermind!!!
    I'm a twit for wanting to Tweet!
    But I do like to follow people on Twitter. Not just any people. Like I said, I like to follow sportswriters and especially on game day. You get the inside scoop on what's happening on the field at so many pro and college games while sitting in your living room or wherever you are just by looking at your berry.

I don't go in much for posting what I'm doing, although I do post something once in a while. I'd rather be updated on other things.

I will enroll in a Twitter for Dummies course online...or at least find a cheat sheet or two to help me out!

And Bob...no texting while driving that golf cart...or I WILL be driving you AND carrying the clubs...AND giving you advice on which socks to wear to match the upholstery in the cart...and telling you how to play the lie... and ....

10-25-10 07:12 PM
    Golf scores as texts? Wow, what next? LOL. J/K Bob, but really hadn't heard this use before. No texting while driving your golf cart now.
    Maybe if I was driving a fleet cart, but since I drive my own I'm a bit more careful that to do that! I only while driving.
    10-25-10 07:13 PM
    OOOOOHHHHHHHHH you guyzzzzzzzz!!!
    OK OK OK!!!!
    I get it!
    Nevermind!!!
    I'm a twit for wanting to Tweet!
    But I do like to follow people on Twitter. Not just any people. Like I said, I like to follow sportswriters and especially on game day. You get the inside scoop on what's happening on the field at so many pro and college games while sitting in your living room or wherever you are just by looking at your berry.

I don't go in much for posting what I'm doing, although I do post something once in a while. I'd rather be updated on other things.

I will enroll in a Twitter for Dummies course online...or at least find a cheat sheet or two to help me out!

And Bob...no texting while driving that golf cart...or I WILL be driving you AND carrying the clubs...AND giving you advice on which socks to wear to match the upholstery in the cart...and telling you how to play the lie... and ....

I use UberTwitter and like it quite a bit. Did not care for the RIM app. In UT, you can change colors and (you'll love this) themes. You can also create (this is a Twitter thing, not a UT thing) lists so if you end up following 100 people and don't want to read every single person's all the time, you can create a list of say, football people and then just read those ones. Or whatever lists you want. I would encourage you to play around with the regular browser based twitter.com and get your stuff set up how you'd like, then fire up UT.

Twitter is a lot like any social media thing, you can search for people by name that you may want to follow, and then choose to "Follow" them. You can also see someone in a person's post and click on their profile to follow them. To contact someone you can either just type "@pistolpetefan23" (not my actual Twitter handle) and then type your message and it will show up on their page. Or you can choose to ReTweet something someone else has written with the ability to either leave their original message intact or edit it or even remove it completely (think replying to an email). It's really pretty easy if you've done email, Facebook, BBM, etc. before. Just play around with your settings on twitter.com and also the settings on whatever Twitter client you choose (UT, Blaq, and Twitter for BB seem to be the most popular but there's a ton of them out there).
    10-25-10 10:13 PM
    Ok, I'm totally lost now. I'm on facebook and a little bit with BBM with my fellow ramblers. But I don't get the twitter thing.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-25-10 10:47 PM
    I use UberTwitter and like it quite a bit. Did not care for the RIM app. In UT, you can change colors and (you'll love this) themes. You can also create (this is a Twitter thing, not a UT thing) lists so if you end up following 100 people and don't want to read every single person's all the time, you can create a list of say, football people and then just read those ones. Or whatever lists you want. I would encourage you to play around with the regular browser based twitter.com and get your stuff set up how you'd like, then fire up UT.

Twitter is a lot like any social media thing, you can search for people by name that you may want to follow, and then choose to "Follow" them. You can also see someone in a person's post and click on their profile to follow them. To contact someone you can either just type "@pistolpetefan23" (not my actual Twitter handle) and then type your message and it will show up on their page. Or you can choose to ReTweet something someone else has written with the ability to either leave their original message intact or edit it or even remove it completely (think replying to an email). It's really pretty easy if you've done email, Facebook, BBM, etc. before. Just play around with your settings on twitter.com and also the settings on whatever Twitter client you choose (UT, Blaq, and Twitter for BB seem to be the most popular but there's a ton of them out there).
    Thanks Pete!
    That's the part I have trouble with, the re-tweet...I want to make a comment on someone else's tweet and send the comment BACK to their page so they can see it. Is that when I re-tweet? What do I do? Double click their tweet and choose re-tweet?

I use Twitter for BB. I tried Ubertwitter because they have a PURPLE theme!!! I know...themes! You remembered i love themes! LOL

Maybe I will go back to it after all, I dunno. but I've been using Twitter for BB for a while now and kinda gotten used to it. I do a ton of BBM but no FB so I guess I will practice.
    Thanks for the tips, Pete!

Good Morning Essex Ramblers!!!!
    10-26-10 06:58 AM
    Ok, I'm totally lost now. I'm on facebook and a little bit with BBM with my fellow ramblers. But I don't get the twitter thing.

I do FaceBook a bit from my BB (and I hate the stupid Farmville. Mafiawars, etc posts too) and I use BBM.
    10-26-10 07:16 AM
    I do FaceBook a bit from my BB (and I hate the stupid Farmville. Mafiawars, etc posts too) and I use BBM.
    PC, I'm with you. I hate Farmville and Mafiawars.

10-26-10 07:33 AM
    Mornin' ramblers, happy tuesdays to all, Anybody want to give odds as to whether Bob's out on the links? Jaydee, get her twitter thing figured out or we'll ever see tourboy around these parts again?
    One thing for sure it's another beautiful day in the neighborhood. Woke up to 52 degrees and supposed to warm up to 79. Lovin' it. Especially since less than two months ago it was wake up to 90 and heat up to 112.
    On another note, if anybody's interested I've actually had the same os on my bold for 3 days straight now. I loaded up 983 and have been putting it thru it's paces, or at least for my needs. It has been a very pleasing experience. I have come to the conclusion that this upgrade was intended to fix the ramping sig bars. Mine have not ramped once since I've had this up and running. If anything I also think I(maybe)get better RF with this. My home is the one constant when it comes to my RF on any phone and I consistantly have more bars visible more often than I had with any other os on my bold.This is the only difference I have noticed. It is just as solid as 975,with the same excellent volume, battery life and the rest of 975's goodness. I'm beginning to arrive at the conclusion also that I prefer os5 in the grand scheme of my BB usage. Not to say I won't try 6 again at some point, as believe me when I say I've got the os swap out process down to a fast art.
    So jaydee, if you want to jump on over thats what you can most likely expect, basically same thing as 975 with RF improvements. I can recommend it for that, based on my experience with it.YMMV as always of course, but my milage has been very good. As a matter of fact I'm finding it hard to find a reason to even keep the 975 file around. I'm that convinced I'll never go back to 975. This is a solid upgrade and I'm surprised there's not more talk of it around CB, considering all the ramping sig bar complaints, then I realize most everybodys using 6.(which ramps for me)
    Enjoy your day all,
    Ciao,
    Last edited by cbreze; 10-26-10 at 12:47 PM.
    10-26-10 11:23 AM
    Damn am I ever jelous of you. Here in indiana its storming like all ****. Had to walk to and from class today in the pooring rain. But on a awesome side note the weather was so bad there was tornados and the sirens went off so one of my classes got cancelled!

10-26-10 11:39 AM
    PC, I'm with you. I hate Farmville and Mafiawars.

3 people got booted from my FB page this week b/c that's all they do. I wish there was a way to block that crap, or if there is, I knew where to find it.
    10-26-10 11:46 AM
    3 people got booted from my FB page this week b/c that's all they do. I wish there was a way to block that crap, or if there is, I knew where to find it.
    I only look at my FB page maybe once a week as I'm not that into it. I have everything blocked tho. I have my allowed FB friends that do the farmville crap, but it is just a slight blurb on the page and I can easily ignore it. I find it both interesting and ridiculous , but only observe it from afar as I travel around what I check out. What I find more ridiculous than farmville is the postings of what people consider relevant. I mainly look for anything interesting. About 2 months ago a gal I had not seen or heard from since high school and had dated once or twice wanted to friend me. I thought that was amusing. Kind of fun to see where she's at in life. It was like over 40 years ago. (Yeah, I'm definitly an old fart) But other than that I have little use for it and my profile is set to shut out almost everything except new friend requests. None of my info is visible.
    10-26-10 12:00 PM
    Jim,
    Stop calling yourself old...you ARE NOT!
    You're wise. Enuf said.

Oh and three days on the same OS? WTF is with that?

And yes, I figured out the Twitter stuff with pistolpete's help and even re-tweeted to a sportswriter this am who said something I took exception to...LOL. Made my day!

Our school district strongly encourages teachers NOT to FB hence I have not done so. And will not just because I don't have time to be addicted to anything else. I pour myself into a lot of things and there's no time for FB.

But Twitter I will do because I do like to read....after all, I AM a librarian...and we sure know how ta read!
    10-26-10 12:39 PM

Not to worry, as I've said I don't text anyway.

The way I played today, I could have used your advice. Nothing was working. Good thing I had a good or the day and the round would have been a total waste.
    10-26-10 01:42 PM
    Mornin' ramblers, happy tuesdays to all, Anybody want to give odds as to whether Bob's out on the links? Jaydee, get her twitter thing figured out or we'll ever see tourboy around these parts again?
    One thing for sure it's another beautiful day in the neighborhood. Woke up to 52 degrees and supposed to warm up to 79. Lovin' it. Especially since less than two months ago it was wake up to 90 and heat up to 112.
    On another note, if anybody's interested I've actually had the same os on my bold for 3 days straight now. I loaded up 983 and have been putting it thru it's paces, or at least for my needs. It has been a very pleasing experience. I have come to the conclusion that this upgrade was intended to fix the ramping sig bars. Mine have not ramped once since I've had this up and running. If anything I also think I(maybe)get better RF with this. My home is the one constant when it comes to my RF on any phone and I consistantly have more bars visible more often than I had with any other os on my bold.This is the only difference I have noticed. It is just as solid as 975,with the same excellent volume, battery life and the rest of 975's goodness. I'm beginning to arrive at the conclusion also that I prefer os5 in the grand scheme of my BB usage. Not to say I won't try 6 again at some point, as believe me when I say I've got the os swap out process down to a fast art.
    So jaydee, if you want to jump on over thats what you can most likely expect, basically same thing as 975 with RF improvements. I can recommend it for that, based on my experience with it.YMMV as always of course, but my milage has been very good. As a matter of fact I'm finding it hard to find a reason to even keep the 975 file around. I'm that convinced I'll never go back to 975. This is a solid upgrade and I'm surprised there's not more talk of it around CB, considering all the ramping sig bar complaints, then I realize most everybodys using 6.(which ramps for me)
    Enjoy your day all,
    Ciao,
    Yup, played this morning in shorts. It's a wopping 76 now, perfect weather for golf.

I'm having a hard time with the fact that you have been on the same OS for 3+days, you sick or something?
    10-26-10 01:51 PM
    Not to be ingnorant but what is this farmville stuff and the may whatever?? I dont FB or any other Social Media so have no idea what your all talking about
    10-26-10 03:17 PM
    Not to be ingnorant but what is this farmville stuff and the may whatever?? I dont FB or any other Social Media so have no idea what your all talking about
    Don't worry about it socal, it's way to frickin' stupid to even try to explain. In this "instance ignorance is bliss". As "they" say.

On another note my lady friend dragged me to go see "social network". It was interesting to me in the way some college kid can think of such a scheme to make money so fast and amass a fortune in the billions in such a short time. The american dream to the 1000power.
    Even with all that ca$h I wouldn't take it if I had to be zuckerberg, no way worth it to me to have to go thru life as him.
    10-26-10 04:05 PM
    I plan on hiking tomorrow - in the first snow of the season!
    10-26-10 04:35 PM
    I plan on hiking tomorrow - in the first snow of the season!
    F2 Have you lost your marbles? You actually LIKE snow????
    I'll package mine up as soon as it falls and ship it right to you.
    Gimme your address...
    10-26-10 05:02 PM
    F2 Have you lost your marbles? You actually LIKE snow????
    I'll package mine up as soon as it falls and ship it right to you.
    Gimme your address...
    Ya'll are welcome to all the snow you get, I don't want none!

Thank goodness we seldom get any snow in central Texas, when we do is lasts about 10 or 15 minutes and that is at least 15 minutes too long!
    10-26-10 05:05 PM
    F2, How do you protect your berry in the snow???
    What type of case or cases do you use? I'm assuming its an Otterbox?
    10-26-10 05:39 PM
    We want snow it's a 2hr commute. I'm with Bob on the snow thing. Jaydee, for someone who doesn't like it you sure have spent a lot of winters living in it.

10-26-10 05:43 PM
    We want snow it's a 2hr commute. I'm with Bob on the snow thing. Jaydee, for someone who doesn't like it you sure have spent a lot of winters living in it.

Oh I do pretty well living in it Jim, cause I know how to SHOVEL it!!!!!
    LMAO

Get it?
    "Shovel" it?
    ok so maybe it wasn't that funny!
    Anyway, my Baby Bold has never gone thru a New York winter. I dunno what I'm a gonna do. I guess a case and keep it in my purse. We get random snow flurries and flakes at a moment's notice and I don't want stray water on my Bold so I guess when I'm outdoors it's gotta stay in my purse.

My Curve was a bit tougher, I think. Or I was less worried about it.
    10-26-10 05:48 PM
    I'm having a hard time with the fact that you have been on the same OS for 3+days, you sick or something?
    Yeah, I hear that. I'm diggin' the crapola outta 983 right now. It is so smooth. Everytime I browse the web I'm amazed at how quicker and smoother it is than 6 for me anyway. I'm talking having the browser in column view. Plus I kinda prefer the steady sig bars. I'll certainly snag an official verizon release whenever, but it's def all good for now. Tomorrow? Another story. LoL!

10-26-10 05:54 PM
23,186 ... 297298299300301 ...