Well guys i must agree with you if i didnt have my bold i would freak, and after using a samsung fascinate for a week i can safley say nothing beats my bold. Im in the process of switching back to my bold as i type this.
    The fascinate was cool and thats about it. As a phone it wasnt very functional. The messaging system SUCKED big time, and while the swype keyboard was good im still way faster on my bold.
    The degree to which you can customize the droid was awesome, but the bold with os6 was just as good. Overall both phones are nice and i will keep the facinate for when it gets upgraded to froyo but at the end of the day the bold is much better imo. Long live bb!
    RR, welcome back from the dark side!

I'm with you, "Long live BB, especially our Baby Bolds".
    10-21-10 08:51 PM
    I wouldn't consider leaving VZW; not with the kinda coverage I get here in the great Northeast.
    Same here. Getting the best service provider is number one. Getting the best device they offer is number two.
    Never do get the threads that have someone wanting to jump for a phone.
    Kids maybe. To each their own.
    I had t-mobile and while their RF and call quality was excellent, verizon runs all over them and everyone else with their outstanding coverage area, and thats the real bottom line.
    10-21-10 09:43 PM
    Same here. Getting the best service provider is number one. Getting the best device they offer is number two.
    Never do get the threads that have someone wanting to jump for a phone.
    Kids maybe. To each their own.
    I had t-mobile and while their RF and call quality was excellent, verizon runs all over them and everyone else with their outstanding coverage area, and thats the real bottom line.
    As I mentioned above, I'm hanging in with vzw for the long haul. I've been with them for nearly 10 years and they have treated me right. I have a friend that is the manager of the largest store in our area, I've been going to him since I moved to vzw and he was a floor salesman in a small store. He has taken very good care of me over the years so he has me hooked into vzw.
    10-21-10 10:06 PM
    As I mentioned above, I'm hanging in with vzw for the long haul. I've been with them for nearly 10 years and they have treated me right. I have a friend that is the manager of the largest store in our area, I've been going to him since I moved to vzw and he was a floor salesman in a small store. He has taken very good care of me over the years so he has me hooked into vzw.
    I've been with vzw over ten years and I wouldn't consider leaving. They have been very good to me, and they have the best service in my area.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-22-10 12:08 AM
    Well guys i must agree with you if i didnt have my bold i would freak, and after using a samsung fascinate for a week i can safley say nothing beats my bold. Im in the process of switching back to my bold as i type this.
    The fascinate was cool and thats about it. As a phone it wasnt very functional. The messaging system SUCKED big time, and while the swype keyboard was good im still way faster on my bold.
    The degree to which you can customize the droid was awesome, but the bold with os6 was just as good. Overall both phones are nice and i will keep the facinate for when it gets upgraded to froyo but at the end of the day the bold is much better imo. Long live bb!
    RR, Welcome back!

10-22-10 12:14 AM
    RR,
    Welcome Back! We knew we wouldn't lose you!
    But you and Wizard can help us when we want to make some decisions about switching to the dark side...

Essex Ramblers....
    Good Friday Morning!
    JayDee has another story to tell. So settle back with your morning coffee (or tea, or drink of choice) and read:

This morning Ole JayDee left for work in the dark, as she normally does at about 6:30 am eastern time. She rolled out the garbage cans to the curb because it was garbage day and the cans were wet because it rained during the night. After that, she went to the car and beeped the key fob, which unlocked the doors and grabbed the handle to open the back door. She tried to open the door but her hand was wet (remember?) and her nails slipped off the end of the door handle (CAN YOU SAY OUCH BOYS AND GIRLS????) because the door handle was frozen shut from the cold Northeast temperatures overnight. As her hand slipped, her BABY BOLD flew out of her left hand (she had been texting at the time) and landed backside down on the driveway in its Seidio Innocase Snap case (which I always thought was more form than function) and BOUNCED to the wet grass and landed face side down in the frozen grass.

OM freaking GOD!!!!!!!!!!!

Takes a licking but keeps on ticking!

I brushed off the water droplets, sent a voicenote, received a voicenote, sent and received a text, played some music...its all good.

Whew!

Did I dodge a bullet or what?
    10-22-10 06:53 AM
    Jaydee, OMG you are so lucky. My luck it would have slid across the driveway face down. I'm glad your Baby Bold is fine. Have a great Friday!

10-22-10 07:32 AM
    Mine would have been a goner too! Aside from the holster, it's naked.
    10-22-10 07:41 AM
    Mine would have been a goner too! Aside from the holster, it's naked.
    Mine too; however, we don't have frozen car doors in Texas. Getting ready to go play golf and I'm in SHORTS....

All y'all have a great day, I'm going chase a white ball around a cow pasture!
    10-22-10 08:07 AM
    Mine too; however, we don't have frozen car doors in Texas. Getting ready to go play golf and I'm in SHORTS....

Ok Bob, no need to rub that in. My TaylorMades only saw sunlight once this year.
    10-22-10 08:11 AM

Very funny Bob!....NOT!

Wait till it gets a little colder. Then this will be ME and not my Baby Bold on the driveway...LOL

Oh yes. You can call me "Ms Gracie"
    LMAO

Oh and a pox on the shorts!
    I finally had to wear socks today for the first time since March. I figured 27 degrees warranted that much...
    10-22-10 08:32 AM
    Morning essex threaders. Jaydee thats a close one i would have freaked out. I cant stand when a phone i have gets a scratch on it.
    Well i'm back on my bold for good and it feels so much better. I have a lot of catching up to do messing with berryweather skins lol. My email wasn't working for some reason last night on my bold, but i deleted my accounts and reset them up this morning and everything seems to be working!
    today is a good day too, i'm back home for fall break and even though i don't have a break because i will be working on my thesis the entire time its still nice to be back home and have a homemade meal. Hope everyone has a good friday!
    10-22-10 08:48 AM
    Nice dodge jaydee, I'm glad your bold survived. Sounds like cases are made for you. I'm with Bob on the shorts, 58 this morning going to a high of hmmm...wait a sec , I'll consult my bold. 72 for a high. Sweet!
    Frozen door handles? Already? It's not even November yet. Thats just not right.
    Back to the bold, mines naked also. I'm not a fan of cases. I have a sheath/sleeve I use when it's traveling in pocket. No scratches yet and only one drop onto carpet. It's interesting how we treat and "baby" our bolds. They are our lifeline tho, keep us connected to whomever and whatever we care about. I don't have a landline as I got rid of it years ago. Thought it silly to have two numbers anyway. I look at it like this , my bold's a "phone with benefits".
    Welcome back RR. I always though android was a maybe at some point, I never could get past the ui tho. To many widgets and icons. And I used winmo for years. I prefer my bold to be icon free and use QL exclusively to achieve this. Anyway, glad to hear your experiences with android. I may take a peak at wm7 phone when verizon picks it up, but my bold certainly does do what I need right now, simply and easily.
    Good weekend wishes to all,
    Ciao
    10-22-10 10:08 AM
    I've only been with "V" for a little over a year, coming from t-mo(9yrs) by way of sprint(3mos). Sprint was a HUGE mistake, but I digress. So anyway, I get a great discount with "V" due to my employer. A city with 2500 employee workforce. They use verizon exclusively, so I get 20% off my $30 data/mo and 15% off my $60 voice plan. Sweet, I'm liking it. But as I reported back in July I've since retired. Still getting the great discount. I hope it doesn't stop. Regardless, I'd stick with 'em as their coverage is superior. I can be seemingly on the remotest backwater logging road and my bold rings. It's comforting to have that in any emergency. I was in NM outside of Silver City hiking in a very ruggedly beautiful area and my lady friend calls. So we chat and I send her a pic of what I'm looking at. Couldn't do that on t-mo. Verizon Rocks. nuff said.
    10-22-10 10:28 AM
    I was in NM outside of Silver City hiking in a very ruggedly beautiful area and my lady friend calls. So we chat and I send her a pic of what I'm looking at. Couldn't do that on t-mo. Verizon Rocks. nuff said.
    Been there, done that. A different part of the country/wilderness, but VZW and the Bold were along for the trek. And before that, the Curve...and before that...

10-22-10 03:35 PM
    Ok Bob, no need to rub that in. My TaylorMades only saw sunlight once this year.
    Yeah, well my TaylorMades were not being very nice to me today. I even had to put my driver(Tietelist) in time-out. Sheesh!!!

Still better than having a full time job tho!!
    10-22-10 04:20 PM
    Yeah, well my TaylorMades were not being very nice to me today. I even had to put my driver(Tietelist) in time-out. Sheesh!!!

Still better than having a full time job tho!!
    Sheesh! You guys. I just pull out "Big Bertha". It's a done deal after that.
    +1 for not havin' a job, ROCKS!!!

10-22-10 05:06 PM
    +1 for not havin' a job, ROCKS!!!

10 char
    10-22-10 05:16 PM

10 char
    Your turn is comin'. Patience is todays secret word.

10-22-10 05:19 PM
    Your turn is comin'. Patience is todays secret word.
    Hey, I resemble that remark!
    Only joshing!
    I wouldn't know what to do with myself! I'd have all the cosmetics and purses and shoes purchased in a week and then be bored!
    Or my money would run out.
    I'll have to caddy Bob's clubs for some spare change
    10-22-10 05:22 PM
    Only joshing!
    I wouldn't know what to do with myself! I'd have all the cosmetics and purses and shoes purchased in a week and then be bored!
    Becoming Bob's caddy would require a move out of the land of the frozen door handles,
    I saw you asking about 983 in some thread re signal. I can tell you my experience has been no diff from 975, if anything it's 975 being the more steady one. I don't ever drop a call since leaving 699 behind, and still am of the opinion the ramping bars are cosmetic and mean nothing anyway. I don't know I'd leave 975 unless you just want to for the grins of it and see for yourself. I'm having a time seeing any difference between the two. Never did see a changelog anyplace. I do have 325mb free mem tho.
    Aw heck, just jump on it so we can hear the screaming.
    Seriously tho it would be nice to have another opinion about it.
    Last edited by cbreze; 10-22-10 at 06:04 PM.
    10-22-10 05:57 PM
    Been there, done that. A different part of the country/wilderness, but VZW and the Bold were along for the trek. And before that, the Curve...and before that...
    Yeah , I consider myself still a verizon noob, with just over a year in. T-mo served me well, especially roaming in Europe. Now we have world phones, but I got tired of losing signal in the out of the way spots. I don't have that issue anymore. I still marvel at the network and almost 100% 3G no less, everywhere I go.
    10-22-10 06:02 PM
    Only joshing!
    Maybe you could drive my golf cart and I would sit on the passenger side and enjoy my cigar without a care in the world.

Don't usually need a caddy since I own my own golf cart.
    10-22-10 10:41 PM
    Becoming Bob's caddy would require a move out of the land of the frozen door handles,
    I saw you asking about 983 in some thread re signal. I can tell you my experience has been no diff from 975, if anything it's 975 being the more steady one. I don't ever drop a call since leaving 699 behind, and still am of the opinion the ramping bars are cosmetic and mean nothing anyway. I don't know I'd leave 975 unless you just want to for the grins of it and see for yourself. I'm having a time seeing any difference between the two. Never did see a changelog anyplace. I do have 325mb free mem tho.
    Aw heck, just jump on it so we can hear the screaming.
    Seriously tho it would be nice to have another opinion about it.
    So what is the OS flavor of the dat today???
    10-22-10 10:44 PM
    Well, I'm sticking to the 975 that I have currently installed. I don't think that I am much into redoing all m themes so as I can try out 983 and stomp my feet.
    I have noticed that Berry Blab is not currently working properly and so I have to uninstall and see if I can get it going again. If not...out it goes! I love tossing things overboard! Oh and that silly little app that rates my day? Yeah...gone! Made my bold reboot for no reason! Gone too! Easy come, easy go!

Have a good saturday ramblers!!!

So what is the OS flavor of the dat today???
    10-23-10 06:59 AM
23,186 ... 295296297298299 ...