I was thinking about closing my account and saying vafanculo to CB. But I decided not to let a couple of imbeciles have the last word. It's good to be back, and it's a pleasure being able to help members you like you guys, and jaydee and Bob and all the others that come to this thread.
    You can close your account just as soon as you and I become Genius of Geniuses like some of the other Einsteins amongst us who know HALF of what we do on a day when we are both three sheets to the wind...whenever that would be....but you get my drift...

Then you can wave goodbye.
    Until then, hang around for the fun. We gotta lot of noob *** to kick!
    10-21-10 11:48 AM
    You can close your account just as soon as you and I become Genius of Geniuses like some of the other Einsteins amongst us who know HALF of what we do on a day when we are both three sheets to the wind...whenever that would be....but you get my drift...

If by Einsteins you mean.......wait, don't get me started. I'll be on another week's vacation or worse. I was actually thinking of starting a "death pool" on my own CB account. lmao! Anyone want in on it??

For the record: back 2004 or so yahoo used to have message boards to discuss news stories. Well, they quickly became troll boards, and the battle of wits ensued. For 4 or so years, I cut my teeth tradng jabs with the best of the yahoo message board trolls. As a result of nature of the posts, Yahoo no longer offers the message boards! The noobies that come here and attempt to be witty are just pathetic. I've pwned all of them.

My s/n was Vinny Baggadonuts and my profile picture was ripped from ebaum's world:
    Last edited by plkcable; 10-21-10 at 12:07 PM.
    10-21-10 12:04 PM
    If by Einsteins you mean.......wait, don't get me started. I'll be on another week's vacation or worse. I was actually thinking of starting a "death pool" on my own CB account. lmao! Anyone want in on it??

For the record: back 2004 or so yahoo used to have message boards to discuss news stories. Well, they quickly became troll boards, and the battle of wits ensued. For 4 or so years, I battled the best of the yahoo message board trolls. As a result of nature of the posts, Yahoo no longer offers the message boards! The noobies that come here and attempt to be witty are just pathetic. I've pwned all of them.

My s/n was Vinny Baggadonuts and my profile picture was ripped from ebaum's world:
    Oh Paul, that is such a good likeness of you>>>>NOT!!!!!

LMAO! What an awful avy! LMAO OMG! But you're right about the trolls. Let's start a death pool. I got some names for ya... we can all add the names of trolls to it and by the time we reach the status I'm talking about we'll have these boards cleared of all the TRASH

\

PS Does that remind you of our first name for the pool???
    10-21-10 12:09 PM
    The death pool is for my account! Guess the date I get a permanent ban
    10-21-10 12:13 PM

I disagree, Paul is not allowed to close his account, we need him here along with all of the other ER's (Essex Ramblers) in this thread.

Paul, welcome back. I was pretty frosted about how you were treated, I didn't see any of the posts of yours that were removed as I was occupied with a family situation at the time. However, I did see some posts from one "IMBICILE" who was involved in this fracus in which he was lamblasting a young lady unmercifully over nothing. I wrote a rather long post trying to very nicely tell him that he was an incosiderate @ss among other things. Post got removed very quickly, who'd a thunk it, so I decided to just mind my own business and keep my comments to this thread. I agree that there are way too many unnecessary and inappropriate comments being made on CB and I don't like the trend. It seems the mods don't feel that it is necessary to sanction those posters which indicates that CB is headed in a direction that will hurt it long term. Someone needs to wise up and clean up the forums so that they will serve the purpose for which I think they were created.

I actually joined the BB forums before CB, don't remember how I found CB but joined as soon as I did. Yes, the BB forums are more orderly and low key; however, I haven't seen anyone over there forming friendships like we have here in the ER thread. I really appreciate all of you here and look forward to lots more fun together in the future.

Have a blessed day!
    10-21-10 12:16 PM
    I disagree, Paul is not allowed to close his account, we need him here along with all of the other ER's (Essex Ramblers) in this thread.

Paul, welcome back. I was pretty frosted about how you were treated, I didn't see any of the posts of yours that were removed as I was occupied with a family situation at the time. However, I did see some posts from one "IMBICILE" who was involved in this fracus in which he was lamblasting a young lady unmercifully over nothing. I wrote a rather long post trying to very nicely tell him that he was an incosiderate @ss among other things. Post got removed very quickly, who'd a thunk it, so I decided to just mind my own business and keep my comments to this thread. I agree that there are way too many unnecessary and inappropriate comments being made on CB and I don't like the trend. It seems the mods don't feel that it is necessary to sanction those posters which indicates that CB is headed in a direction that will hurt it long term. Someone needs to wise up and clean up the forums so that they will serve the purpose for which I think they were created.

I actually joined the BB forums before CB, don't remember how I found CB but joined as soon as I did. Yes, the BB forums are more orderly and low key; however, I haven't seen anyone over there forming friendships like we have here in the ER thread. I really appreciate all of you here and look forward to lots more fun together in the future.

Have a blessed day!
    Thanks Bob :-) I heard about the family situation. You were in my thoughts. From what I heard, I was banned for a comment I made "in an open forum". I don't believe that; I believe that mod lied. I am sure it was because of a PM I sent to one of the aforementioned imbeciles telling him I think he's an id!ot. Right after that my account was suspended. Like I said, I don't take it back, I don't apologize, and I'm sure he's still an !diot!

Oh, so a word of advice: while it may be suggested you take your squabble to PM, I recommend you don't!
    10-21-10 12:23 PM
    Thanks Bob :-) I heard about the family situation. You were in my thoughts. From what I heard, I was banned for a comment I made "in an open forum". I don't believe that; I believe that mod lied. I am sure it was because of a PM I sent to one of the aforementioned imbeciles telling him I think he's an id!ot. Right after that my account was suspended. Like I said, I don't take it back, I don't apologize, and I'm sure he's still an !diot!

Oh, so a word of advice: while it may be suggested you take your squabble to PM, I recommend you don't!
    Yup, still and !diot!

I think you are correct about the PM issue. Seems as some of the mods side with the idiots/imbecils for reasons unknown, very unfortunate.

Thanks for keeping us in your thoughts, really appreciated.
    10-21-10 12:29 PM
    The death pool is for my account! Guess the date I get a permanent ban
    The 12th of Never cause you're smarter than that shiite.

And I mean start a death pool on the noobs...
    I got a list in my head already
    Of course, I got a lotta useless things in my head already...
    10-21-10 12:29 PM
    The 12th of Never cause you're smarter than that shiite.

And I mean start a death pool on the noobs...
    I got a list in my head already
    Of course, I got a lotta useless things in my head already...
    ROFLMAO!!!!!!!

I'll not comment on the contents of your head.
    10-21-10 12:35 PM
    Jim and prince: Thaks so much for the kind words! I checked my info on BBF.com, joined 8 months prior to CB, and have a total of 39 posts.
    Re: BBF.com I decided to check my info and found I joined in may/2006. I listed an 8700g as my device used on t-mobile. LOL! My bold is only my 2nd BB. But I do feel like I'm back home.

Jim, I agree with you about BB6, flipping thru trays is a huge plus in my book, the whole OS just seems more intuituve.
    Yeah, I like BB6 more everytime I switch back to it, I find I stay with it longer each time also.

But I have been frustrated with the flood of off-topic or repeat posts in the device specific forums. Just because someone has a nifty little holster with a Bold 9650 in it, doesn't mean their thoughts on an impending verizon iphone belongs in the 9650 forum. These people need to get a clue as to how things work around here.
    Agreed. However,
    Better for us to choose to not let them bother, than for us to wait for them to change (or get a clue). As we could be waiting an eternity. For some , to be clueless is their destiny.

It's good to be back, and it's a pleasure being able to help members you like you guys, and jaydee and Bob and all the others that come to this thread.
    And we certainly do appreciate the help.

Over the years I've developed a type of "ignore" feature for certain "ego fueled" folks that make no sense. I believe it's a type of mellow wisdom that comes with age. One thing for sure is these types don't like being ignored so makes it even more worthwhile.(and fun). Notice how they love to spew all over a thread how they are ignoring you. It's ego baby. To quietly ignore someone speaks volumes without saying a word.
    Last edited by cbreze; 10-21-10 at 02:21 PM.
    10-21-10 01:50 PM
    Well, here's a question to ponder. Now that most of you have your Bolds running like fine tuned, well oiled machines, how much longer do you expect to use it before you upgrade? Or is it heresy to even be thinking this way?
    I think I'll be fine with my bold until something comes along that truly blows it away. I mean we started out with bolds running 5 , then we get treated to 6. So we've already upgraded in a sense, just same device. The BB format is pretty similar across the device range, so it would have to be something new and revolutionarily different to make me want to change. Maybe a new upgraded bold with a quicker processor, now that could get my attention.

Of course if my baby falls in the toilet then all bets are off.
    Now there's a question, what if your bold, perish the thought, is somehow ruined beyond repair, would you go right back to it or try something diff?
    I might be inclined to try something else maybe waiting to see if another better BB is around the corner and knowing I can come back then or whenever.

So how would the rest of you answer that? If your BB got seriously trashed, run out and get another? or......?
    10-21-10 02:02 PM
    I certainly agree that there is a "mellow wisdom" that comes with age. Ramblers, we all know who we're talking about and more importantly we know what they are! Quietly ignoring there rants will drive them crazier than anything we could possibly say. Ramble on!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-21-10 02:18 PM
    Of course if my baby falls in the toilet then all bets are off.

Now there's a question, what if your bold, perish the thought, is somehow ruined beyond repair, would you go right back to it or try something diff?
    I might be inclined to try something else maybe waiting to see if another better BB is around the corner and knowing I can come back then or whenever.

So how would the rest of you answer that? If your BB got seriously trashed, run out and get another? or......?
    LOL...Reminds of the time I was driving down the interstate and had to pay the rent on a large glass of iced tea. I was in mid stream when the guy in the stall next to me got a phone call. Yea...he answered it...and fumbled the device right into the latrine. I laughed so hard I almost missed...if you catch my drift.

I would do everything possible to avoid getting a Droid. I just don't want a Google phone. I would possibly consider an iphone but would not consider a switch from VZW. I am patiently optimistic that RIM and VZW will come up with with a QNX/LTE device that gives the other brands a run for their money. It would be nice to have a screen with a little more real estate so I guess I'll succumb to a touchscreen device at some point in time. In the meantime, my Bold does everything I need it to do, is protected by an Otterbox defender...and never goes near the latrine.
    10-21-10 02:33 PM
    LOL...Reminds of the time I was driving down the interstate and had to pay the rent on a large glass of iced tea. I was in mid stream when the guy in the stall next to me got a phone call. Yea...he answered it...and fumbled the device right into the latrine. I laughed so hard I almost missed...if you catch my drift.

I would do everything possible to avoid getting a Droid. I just don't want a Google phone. I would possibly consider an iphone but would not consider a switch from VZW. I am patiently optimistic that RIM and VZW will come up with with a QNX/LTE device that gives the other brands a run for their money. It would be nice to have a screen with a little more real estate so I guess I'll succumb to a touchscreen device at some point in time. In the meantime, my Bold does everything I need it to do, is protected by an Otterbox defender...and never goes near the latrine.
    ROFL at this. It never ceases to amaze me when someone's phone rings and they are preoccupied why they feel they absolutely have to answer.
    I never could get used to touch screens and from what I've seen of droid, it just doesn't get me charged up. I used winmo devices for a few years and thought it was a good format/platform that just wasn't completely baked yet. I'd be inclined to try out a wm7 device maybe, but that'd be the only one probably. Of course I'd never leave verizon for any device, so it would depend on what they had at the time. Iphone's RF issues leave me flat along with putting any of my cash in Job's pockets. Besides it's touchy feely.
    10-21-10 02:54 PM
    I'd never get an iphone, I have tried the original iphone and the iphone 3g, and I don't like it. The Torch is growing on me and if it came to VZW that might just be my next device. BlackBerry Storm just isn't a serious player in the touchscreen arena, IMO. Unless the LTE Storm3 is a drastic change from the current crap, I'm looking into an Android device.
    10-21-10 03:04 PM

If it happened to me, I'd have to run out and get another Baby Bold! I wouldn't consider leaving VZW; not with the kinda coverage I get here in the great Northeast.

I'm not, nor never will I be an iPhone kinda gal, or a Mac kinda gal, so I seriously doubt I'd give it a go.

Had a WinMo device (MotoQ) for 2 years and although I made it work...it IS a windows device after all and rebooting the damn thing because it was windows was as frustrating as rebooting my pc at work. Wanted to take a large caliber weapon to both of them on a daily basis! Even tho...

Although I did like the phone itself, I dunno, if it wasn't Blackberry, it's be a WinMo device for me I'm guessing after all.....

PS You know you're addicted to "crack" when you take your bb in the bathroom with you and lose track of time texting on the throne...ever happen to you? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I know...too much information
    10-21-10 04:10 PM
    If it happened to me, I'd have to run out and get another Baby Bold! I wouldn't consider leaving VZW; not with the kinda coverage I get here in the great Northeast.

I'm not, nor never will I be an iPhone kinda gal, or a Mac kinda gal, so I seriously doubt I'd give it a go.

Had a WinMo device (MotoQ) for 2 years and although I made it work...it IS a windows device after all and rebooting the damn thing because it was windows was as frustrating as rebooting my pc at work. Wanted to take a large caliber weapon to both of them on a daily basis! Even tho...

Although I did like the phone itself, I dunno, if it wasn't Blackberry, it's be a WinMo device for me I'm guessing after all.....

PS You know you're addicted to "crack" when you take your bb in the bathroom with you and lose track of time texting on the throne...ever happen to you? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

TMI, You just painted us a very interesting picture. LMAO

10-21-10 04:44 PM
    TMI, You just painted us a very interesting picture. LMAO

OH No, no painting allowed!!!!!
    LMAO!!!!!!

10-21-10 04:46 PM
    Since I have the insurance I'd get another Baby Bold.

In the meantime, my Bold does everything I need it to do, is protected by an Otterbox defender...and never goes near the latrine.
    Never had a latrine occurance but had one fall off my belt clip in a driving rain as I was getting out of the car. Of course you know where it went... Yup, under the car in a huge puddle, by the time I could fish it (litterally) out from under the car it was fried. (or should I say drowned?)

Of course I'd never leave verizon for any device, so it would depend on what they had at the time. Iphone's RF issues leave me flat along with putting any of my cash in Job's pockets. Besides it's touchy feely.
    I with you on that one, I have no use for any kind of I-toy. Just don't like them.

I'd never get an iphone, I have tried the original iphone and the iphone 3g, and I don't like it. The Torch is growing on me and if it came to VZW that might just be my next device. BlackBerry Storm just isn't a serious player in the touchscreen arena, IMO. Unless the LTE Storm3 is a drastic change from the current crap, I'm looking into an Android device.
    Don't like the touch screen keyboards, i might get interested in a "Tourch" type of device with QNX/LTE. Otherwise I'm sticking with my Baby Bold or something similar. Ain't levin' vzw either, even though they tend to frost me on occasions, they are the best gig out there.

Yup, tooo much information. ROFLMAO. JayDee you are too much...
    10-21-10 04:56 PM
    Let me know if you start looking at Droid. Have learned a ton about them since the switch. When there ginger bread OS comes out it's really going to be next to impossible for BB to catch up.
    I think that RIM better hit a couple home runs in first quarter 2011 or it gets ugly fast.
    10-21-10 05:27 PM
    So who hasn't become emboldened while enthrowned?
    10-21-10 05:46 PM
    I went out and played [img]http://www.messentools.com/images/emoticones/sports/www.MessenTools.com-Sports-golf-hombre.gif[/img] today, had to while I was out there. Great weather, had a good time.

This is a test to see if I can get the golf smily that Wizard gave me a whild back to work. I've not had time to play with it to figure out how to make it work.

Here goes!

PS this is a meaningless post....

Well it didn't work... Hey Wizard, if you are around sometime please tell me how to make this guy work. Thanks
    Last edited by BoDeb; 10-21-10 at 06:00 PM. Reason: It didn't work...
    10-21-10 05:59 PM
    Well guys i must agree with you if i didnt have my bold i would freak, and after using a samsung fascinate for a week i can safley say nothing beats my bold. Im in the process of switching back to my bold as i type this.
    The fascinate was cool and thats about it. As a phone it wasnt very functional. The messaging system SUCKED big time, and while the swype keyboard was good im still way faster on my bold.
    The degree to which you can customize the droid was awesome, but the bold with os6 was just as good. Overall both phones are nice and i will keep the facinate for when it gets upgraded to froyo but at the end of the day the bold is much better imo. Long live bb!
    10-21-10 07:20 PM
    I went out and played today, had to while I was out there. Great weather, had a good time.

This is a test to see if I can get the golf smily that Wizard gave me a whild back to work. I've not had time to play with it to figure out how to make it work.

Here goes!

PS this is a meaningless post....

Well it didn't work... Hey Wizard, if you are around sometime please tell me how to make this guy work. Thanks
    Bob
    tried to fix your post.
    HAHA I did it!!!!
    10-21-10 07:55 PM
    Bob
    tried to fix your post.
    HAHA I did it!!!!
    Wonderful, how did you do it???
    10-21-10 08:49 PM
23,186 ... 294295296297298 ...