Was there an option to rotate photos in 975? Can't remember. It's in this v.
    Nope, not in 975. That's cool!
    What else have you seen?
    10-19-10 04:50 PM
    Nope, not in 975. That's cool!
    What else have you seen?
    Honestly, thats it. I heard in another forum someone thought it was a camera/photo operations upgrade FWIW. Theres also a thread now started about this over in hybrid/leaks area forums. I wouldn't worry about this upgrade unless that rotation thing is a big deal. It seems a very small upgrade in that regard. Probably forgot to include it in 975.LOL! Interestingly tho, it's about a 118mb file compared to 151mb in 975. I wonder what got left out? Seems the same as 975 otherwise. If I notice anything else I'll pass it along.
    10-19-10 05:01 PM
    Honestly, thats it. I heard in another forum someone thought it was a camera/photo operations upgrade FWIW. Theres also a thread now started about this over in hybrid/leaks area forums. I wouldn't worry about this upgrade unless that rotation thing is a big deal. It seems a very small upgrade in that regard. Probably forgot to include it in 975.LOL! Interestingly tho, it's about a 118mb file compared to 151mb in 975. I wonder what got left out? Seems the same as 975 otherwise. If I notice anything else I'll pass it along.
    Hey Jim, .983 is actually an official. It was released by Cbeyond, whoever they are. I'm guessing they just got a little later version for testing than vzw got and released it.

You are probably right, not much difference.

I was looking around to see if there is any news on another BB6 leak, nothing yet. I'm hoping that they will leak another one with some good improvement to the browser as that seems to be the biggest complaint I have heard about BB6. Not sure why, but I have now gotten the itch for new leaks to load. I may be loosing it, never can tell.
    10-19-10 05:16 PM
    Where do I get it fellas?
    I might wanna do this on the weekend.
    Right now I got my mother in the hospital, so who know what happens from one day to the next; but maybe the weekend will be looking better...
    10-19-10 05:21 PM
    JayDee, glad to hear that you were able to recover your BBM. Not having BBM could cause you some very serious problems, like a migraine from beating your head against a wall in desparation. Your library, I think you said that is where you work, would no longer be quiet due to the weeping and gnashing of teeth not to mention the thumping of the head.

Keep the faith, Paul will always come to the rescue!

By the way, speaking of Paul, when will he be back? We sure do miss him! Can't believe they took that foolishness out on him instead of the instigators.
    10-19-10 05:22 PM
    JayDee, glad to hear that you were able to recover your BBM. Not having BBM could cause you some very serious problems, like a migraine from beating your head against a wall in desparation. Your library, I think you said that is where you work, would no longer be quiet due to the weeping and gnashing of teeth not to mention the thumping of the head.

Keep the faith, Paul will always come to the rescue!

By the way, speaking of Paul, when will he be back? We sure do miss him! Can't believe they took that foolishness out on him instead of the instigators.
    Bob,
    Paul will be back tomorrow night. I am sure he will be posting a hello to all of us and I know some of you will be around to welcome him back. We can always count on him to be there. Always.

I think I will live with my 975 for a few more days and then take a chance with 983 myself and the new BBM 41. Unless this new OS has BBM 41 in it already?
    10-19-10 05:43 PM
    Where do I get it fellas?
    I might wanna do this on the weekend.
    Right now I got my mother in the hospital, so who know what happens from one day to the next; but maybe the weekend will be looking better...
    Try this link:
    https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...7728B4B1568D8A

Hope everything works out for the best re: your mom.
    10-19-10 05:50 PM
    Hey Jim, .983 is actually an official. It was released by Cbeyond, whoever they are. I'm guessing they just got a little later version for testing than vzw got and released it.

You are probably right, not much difference.

I was looking around to see if there is any news on another BB6 leak, nothing yet. I'm hoping that they will leak another one with some good improvement to the browser as that seems to be the biggest complaint I have heard about BB6. Not sure why, but I have now gotten the itch for new leaks to load. I may be loosing it, never can tell.
    I don't think this upgrade is much, but go for it anyhow. We gotta lose it before we can find it, right? Talk about losing it , I'm getting the itch to go back to 6,(don't ask) after shrinking the hockey sticks out of it first. Maybe run better.
    10-19-10 05:53 PM
    I don't think this upgrade is much, but go for it anyhow. We gotta lose it before we can find it, right? Talk about losing it , I'm getting the itch to go back to 6,(don't ask) after shrinking the hockey sticks out of it first. Maybe run better.
    Jim,
    I thought I had shrunk the hockey sticks out of .280 and was surprised that I only have 260MB of memory now. Don't know what happened, I had been listening to JayDee talk about how much she was able to shrink an OS but it didn't seem to work for me. I probably didn't do something right, first time I tried it. I'll try it again next time I do one and see what happens.

Don't need to ask, age related problem!!!!!!!!
    10-19-10 06:48 PM
    Jim,
    I thought I had shrunk the hockey sticks out of .280 and was surprised that I only have 260MB of memory now. Don't know what happened, I had been listening to JayDee talk about how much she was able to shrink an OS but it didn't seem to work for me. I probably didn't do something right, first time I tried it. I'll try it again next time I do one and see what happens.

Don't need to ask, age related problem!!!!!!!!
    Bob,
    I don't think it was an age-related problem at all! I bet you just didn't delete as much I like to do! I dump a LOT of the OS...all the languages, all the games, the maps, the social networking except Twitter and BBM, application center, city ID, all the extra fluff I can!!!! Help, password keeper, I am very aggressive when it comes to trimming.

That's probably the difference. You are being too kind to the bloated OS.
    10-19-10 06:58 PM
    I do like pw keeper, but everything else is fair game. Bob, I had heard others mentioning issues with mem leaks on 6, although I never noticed any.
    10-19-10 07:12 PM
    Bob,
    I don't think it was an age-related problem at all! I bet you just didn't delete as much I like to do! I dump a LOT of the OS...all the languages, all the games, the maps, the social networking except Twitter and BBM, application center, city ID, all the extra fluff I can!!!! Help, password keeper, I am very aggressive when it comes to trimming.

That's probably the difference. You are being too kind to the bloated OS.
    I thought I was weilding the scalpel pretty heavily. I intended to ax all that you have stated along with Twitter but keeping PW keeper as I like that one. I may not have gotten all that I thought I did, and by the way, my VZW CrApps folder is pretty bloated after the load. Another interesting thing is that it didn't load all of my apps, I had to do that via a second step.

I do like pw keeper, but everything else is fair game. Bob, I had heard others mentioning issues with mem leaks on 6, although I never noticed any.
    Don't think it's a memory leak issue. I've been up for some 36 hrs and only showing -3.1 MB. Who know what I did!
    10-19-10 07:26 PM
    Hey Essex Ramblers-
    On the front page of CB today they are offering a link to a totally waste of time app called "Rate My Day".

HAHA. I LOVE it!!! It's free and I downloaded it...what the heck? I got enough memory, right? You use a 5 star rating to rate your day. How many times have you heard yourself say "Well, this day was a total waste of makeup?" Well, maybe YOU don't say it much, but I CERTAINLY DO!!!! Now, I can rate my sucky days as 1 star!!!! and I can post it on my Twitter page.

See? A total waste of time. Social networking at it's worst! But what a great example, right? It's so weird, I like it!

So, if you want one more way to waste your time, download Rate My Day...from CB!

Hey...look hard. Paul should be around these parts soon.
    10-20-10 04:30 PM
    Hey Essex Ramblers-
    On the front page of CB today they are offering a link to a totally waste of time app called "Rate My Day".

HAHA. I LOVE it!!! It's free and I downloaded it...what the heck? I got enough memory, right? You use a 5 star rating to rate your day. How many times have you heard yourself say "Well, this day was a total waste of makeup?" Well, maybe YOU don't say it much, but I CERTAINLY DO!!!! Now, I can rate my sucky days as 1 star!!!! and I can post it on my Twitter page.

See? A total waste of time. Social networking at it's worst! But what a great example, right? It's so weird, I like it!

So, if you want one more way to waste your time, download Rate My Day...from CB!

Hey...look hard. Paul should be around these parts soon.
    Now that sounds like something I really need. NOT!

It never ceases to amaze me what people find to create aps to do. With all of the apps they claim to have for the Itoy, there must be thousands of them that do absolutely nothing; thus, someone thinks we need a few of those apps for our berries. Sheesh.
    10-20-10 10:15 PM
    Now that sounds like something I really need. NOT!

It never ceases to amaze me what people find to create aps to do. With all of the apps they claim to have for the Itoy, there must be thousands of them that do absolutely nothing; thus, someone thinks we need a few of those apps for our berries. Sheesh.
    I'm with you Bob, some apps are really quite ridiculous. I have maybe 7 or 8 and they are all useful. I think there are app collectors amoung us who want it 'cause it's there. Iphoners are more prone to apps. Look at all they are offered! Literally, thousands!(i don't understand either)
    Side note: Does anybody else think the forum has slowed to a crawl, and not just essex thread, but everywhere. Been slow for many days. Maybe we need something new to come break the doldrums.
    10-20-10 11:34 PM
    Side note: Does anybody else think the forum has slowed to a crawl, and not just essex thread, but everywhere. Been slow for many days. Maybe we need something new to come break the doldrums.
    Yes, I agree!
    The forums have slowed quite a bit! I think things are pretty much status quo for a while and there's no real anything new going on. Maybe that's a good thing? Hey, we always have our Essex thread. We can RAMBLE any direction we want!

Where's Paul?
    10-21-10 06:12 AM
    I agree the forums do seem slow. We need some hot news, rumors or something to get things going again. I was looking around last night for a Paul sighting and nothing. Where's he at?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-21-10 07:05 AM
    Hey guys, I�m back after my little �time-out� I�ve thought about it quite a bit and I can honestly say I have no regrets, make no apologies, and don�t take a word of it back. The recent influx of imbecilic noobs has really changed the atmosphere of CB, and it�s not for the better. There was a noob in the 9550 forums that didn�t like being called a noob, even though he joined in Oct 2010. His reply to me was �suck my big, fat, juicy ****�. Rich pulled it, other members said to get rid of him, but I�m sure he�s still posting along. In fact, the post stayed there until I reported it!

So, based on what the new accepted norm is for posting, I guess maybe I�ll try my hand at:

• blathering on about nothing anyone cares about
    • posting everything in the 9650 forum, regardless of topic
    • psychoanalyzing everyone who disagrees with my view as either infatuated with me or threatened be me

Oh, and next time someone here asks how to remove an app, install an updated OS, etc. please be prepared for a missive of no less than 1,000 words. Most of it will be �considered opinion� and other crap. In other words, it�ll be very light on anything helpful, heavy on the bullshiites.

I appreciate everyone�s thoughts while I was gone, and I really appreciate the PMs to the mods, even though they were dismissed out of hand.
    10-21-10 07:21 AM
    Well, here's a question to ponder. Now that most of you have your Bolds running like fine tuned, well oiled machines, how much longer do you expect to use it before you upgrade? Or is it heresy to even be thinking this way?

10-21-10 07:22 AM
    Hey guys, I�m back after my little �time-out� I�ve thought about it quite a bit and I can honestly say I have no regrets, make no apologies, and don�t take a word of it back. The recent influx of imbecilic noobs has really changed the atmosphere of CB, and it�s not for the better. There was a noob in the 9550 forums that didn�t like being called a noob, even though he joined in Oct 2010. His reply to me was �suck my big, fat, juicy ****�. Rich pulled it, other members said to get rid of him, but I�m sure he�s still posting along. In fact, the post stayed there until I reported it!

So, based on what the new accepted norm is for posting, I guess maybe I�ll try my hand at:

• blathering on about nothing anyone cares about
    • posting everything in the 9650 forum, regardless of topic
    • psychoanalyzing everyone who disagrees with my view as either infatuated with me or threatened be me

Oh, and next time someone here asks how to remove an app, install an updated OS, etc. please be prepared for a missive of no less than 1,000 words. Most of it will be �considered opinion� and other crap. In other words, it�ll be very light on anything helpful, heavy on the bullshiites.

I appreciate everyone�s thoughts while I was gone, and I really appreciate the PMs to the mods, even though they were dismissed out of hand.
    Paul-
    To say we missed you would be a gross understatement.
    I speak for everyone when I say welcome back!
    We would do what we did for you again a million times over if we thought it would help but alas, all I did was get warned to "sit on my hands" as I was close to getting suspended myself.

We know we can always count on you and will continue to do so.
    Welcome back!
    10-21-10 07:33 AM
    Oh and I did spend sometime over on blackberryforums.com last week, and what a difference!

Forums aren't cluttered with duplicate posts, posts about discovering the purple hue in the trackpad, asking if other carriers' OS updates can be installed on a VZW bold, and all that nonsense.

Replies are short, sweet and to the point. Post in the wrong forum, they call you on it, and a mod moves it.
    10-21-10 08:37 AM
    Oh and I did spend sometime over on blackberryforums.com last week, and what a difference!

Forums aren't cluttered with duplicate posts, posts about discovering the purple hue in the trackpad, asking if other carriers' OS updates can be installed on a VZW bold, and all that nonsense.

Replies are short, sweet and to the point. Post in the wrong forum, they call you on it, and a mod moves it.
    Hi Paul, Nice to have you back. I noticed the same thing about the bbf.com as far as being more orderly overall. I actually have been a member over there for years longer than here, posting infrequently tho and mostly just gleening info. I thought it was kind of a slower moving forum and that probably due to just what you pointed out, less clutter, by dup posts etc.
    I do like our little corner here in the essex thread.
    Well, since you've been on vacation I've probably gone back to 5(tried 983) and returned to 6 again. I do have a hard time making up my mind as to which I like best. I think they each have certain good qualitys. Maybe I can install both and toggle between the two. LOL! They both bring good stuff to the table and I think 6 has more bling with more "fluid" like transistions, 5 gives me the theme selection and my precious column view, also the gps toggle which I like using with QL. But I've got it down to about a 30 min turn around time for toggling the os's. So whenever the mood strikes.
    As always I look forward to reading your posts, very insightful and full of great info. Thanks to you and others here my bb experience has been much improved.
    Ciao
    Last edited by cbreze; 10-21-10 at 11:08 AM.
    10-21-10 11:06 AM
    Paul, Welcome back we missed you around here. I've been a member here on CB for for just over two years and I've noticed a disturbing trend in some of the forums. It seems like there are more posters who respond with down right negative, sometimes hateful and non-productive posts. I joined CB because I had just gone from my original BB Pearl to my Curve and I wanted to learn more about my device and possibly someday be able to help others. I don't remember seeing this many negative posts in the past. I hope we can all remember why we're here. We love our Blackberry's. Paul, it's good to have you back.

Last edited by princebb; 10-21-10 at 11:18 AM.
    10-21-10 11:12 AM
    Jim and prince: Thaks so much for the kind words! I checked my info on BBF.com, joined 8 months prior to CB, and have a total of 39 posts.

Jim, I agree with you about BB6, flipping thru trays is a huge plus in my book, the whole OS just seems more intuituve.

For kicks I installed 5.0.0.983 on my Storm2 yesterday. I just can't go back to OS5; it's so clunky. I know some people don't like the BB6 homescreen, and I agree that the banner layout is more suited to Torch/Storm devices, but for me it's BB6 or bust.

Prince, I joined CB about a year ago, and enjoyed sharing the little bit I know about BlackBerry. I've posted upgrading with BBSAK instructions more times than I care to count. But I have been frustrated with the flood of off-topic or repeat posts in the device specific forums. Just because someone has a nifty little holster with a Bold 9650 in it, doesn't mean their thoughts on an impending verizon iphone belongs in the 9650 forum. These people need to get a clue as to how things work around here.

I was thinking about closing my account and saying vafanculo to CB. But I decided not to let a couple of imbeciles have the last word. It's good to be back, and it's a pleasure being able to help members you like you guys, and jaydee and Bob and all the others that come to this thread.

Well, here's a question to ponder. Now that most of you have your Bolds running like fine tuned, well oiled machines, how much longer do you expect to use it before you upgrade? Or is it heresy to even be thinking this way?

I'm sticking with Bold for a while, unless Torch goes CDMA!!! I'm done with BlackBerry touchscreen devices, Storm2 sucks!!! My brother-in-law was smart, returned his S2 after 2 days and got the Moto Droid. That will most likely be my next move: android based touchscreen.
    Last edited by plkcable; 10-21-10 at 11:45 AM.
    10-21-10 11:37 AM
    These people need to get a clue as to how things work around here.
    Borders on misguided anarchy.
    10-21-10 11:47 AM
23,186 ... 293294295296297 ...