You could use the stopwatch to time yourself when you go for a run and see how fast you do the 100 yard dash!
    Right, Bob! That would be my dash from my 50" inch tv on game day to the fridge for another brewski and back to my seat on the sofa! LMAO!!!!!
    I don't need to time that!!!!!
    LOL
    It's always a record setting run!!!!!
    10-16-10 09:55 PM
    Right, Bob! That would be my dash from my 50" inch tv on game day to the fridge for another brewski and back to my seat on the sofa! LMAO!!!!!
    I don't need to time that!!!!!
    LOL
    It's always a record setting run!!!!!
    You go girl! I certainly wouldn't get in the way of that tornado in progress... ROFLMAO
    10-17-10 12:00 AM
    Good Morning Ramblers!! It's a beautiful fall day here. Enjoy your football Sunday everyone!
    10-17-10 08:49 AM
    Beautiful day here as well, to bad i got to work on my thesis all day and wont be able to watch football today oh well.
    Little update on my droid experience. After three days and a complete factory wipe i finally got things the way i like them and got everything set up. It was by far a pain in the **** to get it all set up especially the email and notifications, not even close to how easy it is on BB. its nice, and im gonna give it a couple of weeks, but overall i like my baby bold better. The screen is beautiful and the amount of customization you can do is truly outstanding, but battery life is horrible and subpar email and messaging really is a pain. I miss my bold but i told myself i would give the droid a fair try and will give it a couple weeks.
    10-17-10 08:56 AM
    Sorry you have to work all day, maybe you can sneek a peek. It sounds like you finally have your Droid setup the way you like it, even though it was painful. My opinion is no device can beat a BB for email and messaging. You can always go back to your Baby Bold!
    10-17-10 09:05 AM
    Good Morning Ramblers!! It's a beautiful fall day here. Enjoy your football Sunday everyone!
    No football for me today, my game was last night and the HORNS won!!!!
    10-17-10 01:15 PM
    Beautiful day here as well, to bad i got to work on my thesis all day and wont be able to watch football today oh well.
    Little update on my droid experience. After three days and a complete factory wipe i finally got things the way i like them and got everything set up. It was by far a pain in the **** to get it all set up especially the email and notifications, not even close to how easy it is on BB. its nice, and im gonna give it a couple of weeks, but overall i like my baby bold better. The screen is beautiful and the amount of customization you can do is truly outstanding, but battery life is horrible and subpar email and messaging really is a pain. I miss my bold but i told myself i would give the droid a fair try and will give it a couple weeks.
    Glad you got your droid mostly figured out. I had no idea the email was a pain to set up. I guess alot of devices that are new to us can be intimidating in various regards tho. BB is the exception when it comes to set-ups I think(especially email as we all know).
    I might be tempted to try a droid, but my short usage in the store a few times left me pretty cold. I really dislike a screen cluttered with icons/widgets. Can those be removed perhaps? Maybe that defeats the whole purpose tho. Never did like touch screens either, Oh well.
    Do keep us posted RR.
    10-17-10 01:46 PM
    Glad you got your droid mostly figured out. I had no idea the email was a pain to set up. I guess alot of devices that are new to us can be intimidating in various regards tho. BB is the exception when it comes to set-ups I think(especially email as we all know).
    I might be tempted to try a droid, but my short usage in the store a few times left me pretty cold. I really dislike a screen cluttered with icons/widgets. Can those be removed perhaps? Maybe that defeats the whole purpose tho. Never did like touch screens either, Oh well.
    Do keep us posted RR.
    Yea it takes a lot of tinkering with to get used to a whole new os. So far i like bb bettery but im gonna give it a while as its only been 3 days. And yea thats the one thing about android i really like is the amount of customization you can do. There is esentually 7 homescreens and the main one i use is clutter free with only the weather and four icons. When i swipe to the left or right is where i put the other icons and widgets. its nice to be able to customize so much, but the whole lack of messaging features and horrible notification systems is one thing im not a fan of.
    10-17-10 03:50 PM
    RR,
    Glad you got the Droid back up and running the way you want. I know how depressing it can be when it doesn't work the way you want it to.
    Give it a few weeks and see what you think. We hope you will still be here on the Essex thread, tho, whatever you ultimately decide! We would miss you too much if you left!!!!

I have heard that the battery life is not very good. That is something you will have to keep us posted on.

Speaking of left...can you get ahold of that wizard????
    We need to kick his buttinski back here to say hello!!!
    10-17-10 04:23 PM
    RR,
    Glad you got the Droid back up and running the way you want. I know how depressing it can be when it doesn't work the way you want it to.
    Give it a few weeks and see what you think. We hope you will still be here on the Essex thread, tho, whatever you ultimately decide! We would miss you too much if you left!!!!

I have heard that the battery life is not very good. That is something you will have to keep us posted on.

Speaking of left...can you get ahold of that wizard????
    We need to kick his buttinski back here to say hello!!!
    REALLY!!! Having your job give you a non BB phone is no excuse for abandoning all your friends here at CB. Get yourself a BB for personal use and jump back in here.
    10-17-10 07:16 PM
    Hi guys ! Checking back in. RR sent you a PM about your droid. I have had my Droid 2 a while and as shocking as it sounds the email is as good as BB.
    I made some changes and have very good battery life comparable to my storm 1( yeah I know not Bold but not too bad).

Hope everyone is doing well....Jaydee I think not reading your posts everyday is the worst thing about my Droid.

Take care guys.. RR let me know if you need help.
    10-18-10 04:17 PM
    Hi guys ! Checking back in. RR sent you a PM about your droid. I have had my Droid 2 a while and as shocking as it sounds the email is as good as BB.
    I made some changes and have very good battery life comparable to my storm 1( yeah I know not Bold but not too bad).

Hope everyone is doing well....Jaydee I think not reading your posts everyday is the worst thing about my Droid.

Take care guys.. RR let me know if you need help.
    Well, lookey here Essex Ramblers....it's the Prodigal son...long lost Wizard come home again!

Wizard, we're missing you! Do you know what's been happening here? Hey, Just cause you have a Droid, doesn't mean you can give up on the thread. C'mon man!!!! Keep up with us!!!!! We miss you!

Thanks for checking back in with us!
    Paul is on OS6 and loving it! cbreze and prince tried the dark side and came back and then went back and came back to OS5 again. Bob went to OS6 and is staying put I think. Me? Stubborn as a donkey. I'm on OS5 and I'll be leaving heel marks in the highway as they drag me over to OS6 when it comes time! I'm liking my phone too much now to move to OS6. Silly, huh?

Mr Weller is around here somewhere. So is Socal. Moonlessnight has a birthday soon and Chitowngirl has a serious surgery coming up soon. F2 stops by to set us straight and I haven't seen Yester at all so must be we are behaving well enough!

We passed the 7K mark and are setting sights on 8K. Tourboy is sadly gone forever...we still can't find him. If you see him in the Droid Netherland...send him our way. We wanna say hullo!

And what cha been doing? Just playing with a Droid? Tsk, tsk. Come back to your senses, man!
    We miss you!!!!!
    10-18-10 04:28 PM
    Well, lookey here Essex Ramblers....it's the Prodigal son...long lost Wizard come home again!

Wizard, we're missing you! Do you know what's been happening here? Hey, Just cause you have a Droid, doesn't mean you can give up on the thread. C'mon man!!!! Keep up with us!!!!! We miss you!

Thanks for checking back in with us!
    Paul is on OS6 and loving it! cbreze and prince tried the dark side and came back and then went back and came back to OS5 again. Bob went to OS6 and is staying put I think. Me? Stubborn as a donkey. I'm on OS5 and I'll be leaving heel marks in the highway as they drag me over to OS6 when it comes time! I'm liking my phone too much now to move to OS6. Silly, huh?

Mr Weller is around here somewhere. So is Socal. Moonlessnight has a birthday soon and Chitowngirl has a serious surgery coming up soon. F2 stops by to set us straight and I haven't seen Yester at all so must be we are behaving well enough!

We passed the 7K mark and are setting sights on 8K. Tourboy is sadly gone forever...we still can't find him. If you see him in the Droid Netherland...send him our way. We wanna say hullo!

And what cha been doing? Just playing with a Droid? Tsk, tsk. Come back to your senses, man!
    We miss you!!!!!

Really more to do about my football website and how busy that gets. I also have been swamped at work so not Droid but just life in general.

I think OS6 will be better on a upgraded phone with a souped up processor... it really is about what each person is comfortable with.

I will be a regular again as I think (hope) life has slowed back down a bit.
    10-18-10 04:42 PM
    Hey wiz, ya need to pop in once in awhile or Jaydee will get worried about ya.
    The teacher keeping the class together and all that ya know. j/k jd, but...??

As for os6, I think the processor is what might be slowing it down. I've upgraded/downgraded back a half doz times. It seems everybody and their dog thinks it's the slickest thing since playdoh. My experience is the browser is slower than molasses and way worse than 5's browser. WebKIt?? phhtt. WTF is that anyway? Jaydee's the only smart one to not be taken in by all the hype. If it had the same column view option like 5 does I think it'd be better. I realize it's all about what each of us has in the way of needs. I was chatting with someone via bbm and he was saying how great the os6 was and I said how can you stand the browser? It's so dang laggy/slow. His reply, "I don't use the browser". There ya go, it's all individual needs.
    10-18-10 05:22 PM
    Hey Wizard, you and RR kept us updated on how you guys like your Droids. We look forward to hearing from you!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-18-10 06:07 PM
    Hey Wizard, good to hear from you. I still think you should get a BB for personal use so you have a need to hang with all of us!!!

Yeah, I'm on BB6 and liking it. I do use the browser but not a whole lot and it seems to work fine for me. Browser was never very satisfactory on OS5, i like that I can go to any site I want and don't need to have "m." mobile sites to be able to see them properly.

Hey, don't be a stranger. If you don't stop by once in a while JayDee will sent the troops out looking for you and bring you back forcibly!
    10-18-10 06:26 PM
    Hey Bob, I found the endless scrolling/zooming the bigest pita re that browser. Not 100% sure it always took me to the non mobile site either. I'm ok with the one theme, the transitions thru the various menus are very fluid and smooth. Do you browse CB with that browser? Curious because that seemed to be the worst site along with other forum sites. I ended up using "bolt" for my forum browsing. The reason I went back to it so many times probably is it was nice in every other way. Oh well. With 975 being a recent official release, I'm kinda thinking along with you that 6 may be awhile in coming out officially.

10-18-10 06:42 PM
    Hey Bob, I found the endless scrolling/zooming the bigest pita re that browser. Not 100% sure it always took me to the non mobile site either. I'm ok with the one theme, the transitions thru the various menus are very fluid and smooth. Do you browse CB with that browser? Curious because that seemed to be the worst site along with other forum sites. I ended up using "bolt" for my forum browsing. The reason I went back to it so many times probably is it was nice in every other way. Oh well. With 975 being a recent official release, I'm kinda thinking along with you that 6 may be awhile in coming out officially.

Yup, on it now and it works fine. Only complaint is the inability to zoom in to a larger font.

10-18-10 08:02 PM
    Morning Essex Ramblers-
    JayDee did a stupid thing this morning!
    She started to install BBM 5.0.1.41 that leaked and then decided she didn't have time and STOPPED it. uh oh!!!!!!
    so her phone rebooted and ...you guess it....NO BBM!
    The queen of BBM without BBM!!!
    Boo Hoo.
    And who did she turn to?
    Three guesses?

That's right! Paul!
    He may be suspended, but he still has the info she needs! There's Paul!
    Ready to help.
    Anyway, JayDee is back up and running, her BBM is working again and all is right with the world.

That could have been messy....
    10-19-10 08:16 AM
    Morning Essex Ramblers-
    JayDee did a stupid thing this morning!
    She started to install BBM 5.0.1.41 that leaked and then decided she didn't have time and STOPPED it. uh oh!!!!!!
    so her phone rebooted and ...you guess it....NO BBM!
    The queen of BBM without BBM!!!
    Boo Hoo.
    And who did she turn to?
    Three guesses?

That's right! Paul!
    He may be suspended, but he still has the info she needs! There's Paul!
    Ready to help.
    Anyway, JayDee is back up and running, her BBM is working again and all is right with the world.

That could have been messy....
    So there is a newer 5 than the 975? I'm kinda surprised you tried it, but so what's the scoop? Improvements?

10-19-10 09:48 AM
    So there is a newer 5 than the 975? I'm kinda surprised you tried it, but so what's the scoop? Improvements?

No Jim, not a newer OS...
    I still have 975...but a newer Blackberry Messenger!
    I currently am running Messenger 5.0.1.39 beta and they released a leaked 5.0.1.41 which is what I think the OS6 people have.

But this one is for the OS5 people. So I tried to install it but messed up the install.
    10-19-10 09:59 AM
    Ahh, ok. There seems to be some leaked os over in the leaked os forum. I was starting to get confused. Just woke up after all.
    I cruised over there and decided to D/L the latest leak. Just to have it for later maybe.
    Last edited by cbreze; 10-19-10 at 10:55 AM.
    10-19-10 10:04 AM
    Decided to install the new rim 5/.983 os, Not sure what to expect, I'll keep you posted when I check it out a bit. Probably a small upgrade anyway.
    10-19-10 01:34 PM
    Keep me posted Jim- be interested to know what is new in this new OS! So soon!!!! Maybe it will be a new one for me?

Decided to install the new rim 5/.983 os, Not sure what to expect, I'll keep you posted when I check it out a bit. Probably a small upgrade anyway.
    10-19-10 02:08 PM
    Keep me posted Jim- be interested to know what is new in this new OS! So soon!!!! Maybe it will be a new one for me?
    Was there an option to rotate photos in 975? Can't remember. It's in this v.
    10-19-10 04:37 PM
23,186 ... 292293294295296 ...