It could be that your phone's memory card becomes inaccesable when tethering, and if your pics for the wallpaper pull from the media card, they wouldn't be accessible either, causing an issue with the wallpaper?
    Hadn't thought of that, but this is a new happening and never was an issue with the previous v. so I dunno. Be interested to see what others experience. I could try a wp from the phone mem and check.
    10-15-10 03:39 PM
    Hey ramblers, I made the jump to .280 because when I was in Houston with my family earlier this week I tried to use the camera on my phone and all I got was a color test pattern. I've been on .280 since last night and it seems to be working very well. The camera is back in operation and producing real pictures and the browser seems to scroll much better.

I suspect that we are getting close to a releaseable version of BB6. Right now I don't have any nigglies bothering me so I'm a happy camper.

I believe this one earns a
    Yep, I think you'll find 280 a very worthy upgrade.
    10-15-10 03:43 PM
    Hadn't thought of that, but this is a new happening and never was an issue with the previous v. so I dunno. Be interested to see what others experience. I could try a wp from the phone mem and check.
    Try this, connect your phone to your computer using the USB cable (don't tether though) and when the menu on the phone pops up to see what mode you want it in (USB Drive, Media Sync, Charge Only), select USB Drive. This will allow you to access the media card from your computer, but will make it so you can't access your media card on the phone (while plugged in that is). If your wallpaper pulls from the media card during this time, it won't be able to access it and will show a blank screen. Happens to me sometimes when CB Wallpaper Changer tries to rotate while I'm connected to my PC.

If the wallpaper pic goes away, to get it back just go into Berryweather and go to the Wallpaper menu and re-select the wallpaper pic you want to use and save. It should then display on the phone without having to do a full reboot of the device.

So I'm thinking perhaps tethering then disables access to your media card from the phone as well, causing essentially the same issue.
    Last edited by pistolpetefan23; 10-15-10 at 03:51 PM.
    10-15-10 03:48 PM
    Thanks for the assist pistolpetefan, but no go. It still disappears. I'm not tethering just plugged in, w/usb enabled. Took about a min then wp disappears. The quickest way to get it back is as you said.
    I'm wondering if it is the upgraded bweather and os6 not playing together well as the older bweather on 6 had no wp issue. At least it's not tether causing it. I may go back to 975, if so I'll see if that changes anything. In any case it is only a mild irritation. I've found various other small issues with certain apps I attribute to the os6 and compatibility. Q/L is another.
    10-15-10 06:11 PM
    WellEssex threaders so far my android experience hadn't been the best the phone is cool and everything and u can customize the crap out of it but the messaging system sucks ive spent two days trying to setup my dang email and its still not right. the lack of notifications and the crappy messaging systems had me missing my blackberry lots I'll give it a few days but very disappointed so far. All hail blackberry

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-15-10 07:49 PM
    WellEssex threaders so far my android experience hadn't been the best the phone is cool and everything and u can customize the crap out of it but the messaging system sucks ive spent two days trying to setup my dang email and its still not right. the lack of notifications and the crappy messaging systems had me missing my blackberry lots I'll give it a few days but very disappointed so far. All hail blackberry

Hey RR, I'm sorry you're having issues already with your new phone, but the good thing is you can always go back to your berry.

10-15-10 08:25 PM

RR-Good to hear from you. Sorry it hasn't been all wine and roses. But then again, it hasn't been that way for us here; either. If you need some good bedtime reading, go back a few posts and catch up on what has been happening.

Hope your phone works out for you. But hey...BB is here to stay!!!!!!
    10-15-10 08:41 PM
    I think that the fact that vzw released official .975 proably means that we won't see official BB6 for another couple of months.

I can't see them releasing another OS version on the heels of this one, unless they were being nice and wanted to give those who are afraid to go to BB6 just yet a new and improved OS5 version to keep them happy.
    10-15-10 10:34 PM
    I think your probably correct Bob. maybe after the new year even. i hope the release will be an upgrade from 280. This is good but not fully ready imo.
    10-15-10 11:53 PM
    Bob and Jim, I believe you are both right. As you both know, I am an OS5 holdout. I really an enjoying the "last roundup" so to speak of OS5 and when OS6 comes along for good and I finally switch, I will probably say "Why did I waste all that time NOT going to 6????????"

I see the aerogems is flapping his gums again in another thread and I couldn't resist. After Prince alerted me to it, I had to jump in and make my voice heard again. One of the mods told me "you reap what you sow" when I asked him to remove an offending post. So when I reported the **** again I said to the mods, watch out, he's after your jobs next...you reap what you sow...you can't stop him, or refuse to...so better be on guard...Only time will tell where this piece of trash stops.

On a more personal note, thank you for the love.
    Paul and I are extremely humbled by the wonderful show of devotion and affection from you all and I know I speak for Paul in his absence when I say we both appreciate it mightily.
    Have a great weekend everyone!
    10-16-10 07:48 AM
    Jaydee, I've actually absolutely had it with 6. It's the browser that keeps doing it to me. I'm glad it works for some folks. It drives me up a wall with the laggyness. As I mentioned I've tried the 6os several times so I kind of have a significant amount of time with it. I've thrown in the towel untill it gets upgraded again.

10-16-10 09:17 AM
    cbreze, why would u uninstall .280 because of the browser? the os is way better in every way.

i use bolt mianly and opera mini as a backup for web browsing needs
    10-16-10 11:36 AM
    cbreze, why would u uninstall .280 because of the browser? the os is way better in every way.

I'm with you cbreze, the browser on 280 can be laggy. I believe my browser running 975 is faster.

10-16-10 01:29 PM

But see? I don't get it Mike. Why should you have a new OS and have to have THREE dang browsers on the phone just to use the internet?

The native browser works fine on OS5!
    Who needs Bolt and Opera Mini, too? Doesn't it defeat the purpose of having a new OS? Can't they get the browser right?
    10-16-10 01:57 PM
    Jaydee, I've actually absolutely had it with 6. It's the browser that keeps doing it to me. I'm glad it works for some folks. It drives me up a wall with the laggyness. As I mentioned I've tried the 6os several times so I kind of have a significant amount of time with it. I've thrown in the towel untill it gets upgraded again.

I'm with you cbreze, the browser on 280 can be laggy. I believe my browser running 975 is faster.

I find the browser to be OK, I'm not a big user of the browser or anything else; however, what I do use has been working really well on .280.

I believe that we will see at least one more leak of BB6, probably 2 or 3, because yes there are still some things that are not working as advertized and need to be tweaked. I also think that they will do some needed housekeeping and make it run more efficiently. Time will tell.
    10-16-10 02:15 PM

I was using bolt alot also and the newest version does seem to load stuff faster. When I would use the oem to browse CB as an example with 6 it takes a lot longer than 5. I have column view enabled on 5 and 6's column view is hit and miss for me. When it does work it blows fonts up way to much, doesn't seem to matter what default size I use. The column view on 5 is fantastic. I basically got bored waiting for 6's oem browser to load almost anything , while 5 in column view is already long done loading the same thing. If you find it better for your needs then your in the majority. I just don't get it.
    Also with 6 my QL app's gps toggle does not work and I use it alot. With 5 it's very slick and easy to toggle gps off/on. The b-weather app's wallpaper does not work properly for me with 6 and I lose it anytime I plug in usb.
    The home screen is to cluttered for my taste even with the tray disabled.
    I could of handled everything, but the browser being an issue is what finally did me in.
    The scrolling and transitions on 6 are first rate, but I needed more than that. The options menus seem way over done and alot could have been consolidated for easier access, just my opinion.
    I think everyone including me just had to have the latest and greatest and I tried it and have gone back because until some more tweaking is done 5 works better for my needs. I say all this after going back and forth several times between the two comparing this function to that one.
    Bottom line is just use what works for ya and call it a day. I've actually heard another poster cutting people down for not thinking 6 was the greatest thing since p-nutbutter. "Since I like it ,and you don't there's something wrong with you then." go figure, weird ego crap at work from certain folk.
    Last edited by cbreze; 10-16-10 at 02:52 PM.
    10-16-10 02:43 PM
    +1 prince. Took me awhile to finally give up on 6 until it gets some more tweaking.
    10-16-10 02:45 PM
    I find the browser to be OK, I'm not a big user of the browser or anything else; however, what I do use has been working really well on .280.

I believe that we will see at least one more leak of BB6, probably 2 or 3, because yes there are still some things that are not working as advertized and need to be tweaked. I also think that they will do some needed housekeeping and make it run more efficiently. Time will tell.
    I'll be first in line to D/L any newly released tweaked leak, or an official.
    It does really depend on what you use it for to, glad it's working for ya Bob.
    10-16-10 02:48 PM
    OK Essex Ramblers, JayDee is officially losing her mind!
    I just discovered that the OS has its own TIMER!!!
    OMG!
    Why did I not know this before today?

I can set the timer for like 25 minutes and it goes off with a specified tone?
    Suuuuweeet! Where have I been? OMG! This phone can do it all!!!! I was looking for an app that functions as a timer and as I was looking in the third party thread I came across a discussion of what the OS5 could do and I was like...OMG, I'm such a dunce!

WOW! I'm a happy camper!
    Last edited by jaydee5799; 10-16-10 at 04:30 PM.
    10-16-10 04:10 PM
    Glad u figured it out. Shoulda asked here an we'd a fixed ya up. I use it a lot.

10-16-10 05:38 PM
    Open the clock app, push "T"

10-16-10 05:54 PM
    Open the clock app, push "T"

Jim, you are so fast, you beat me to it!!!
    HAHA!!!
    I love that by using options you can set the timer features to use ANY RINGTONE as the timer alarm!!!!
    What a feature!
    I'd pay for this app and we have it built in.
    You guys are holding out on me. What else do we have that you haven't told me about, hummmmmmmm???????
    10-16-10 06:09 PM
    The timer is a nice little addition. I've been using it for awhile. It was in 732 and probably 699. It would be great for a teacher right jaydee!

10-16-10 06:54 PM
    OK Essex Ramblers, JayDee is officially losing her mind!
    I just discovered that the OS has its own TIMER!!!
    OMG!
    Why did I not know this before today?

I can set the timer for like 25 minutes and it goes off with a specified tone?
    Suuuuweeet! Where have I been? OMG! This phone can do it all!!!! I was looking for an app that functions as a timer and as I was looking in the third party thread I came across a discussion of what the OS5 could do and I was like...OMG, I'm such a dunce!

WOW! I'm a happy camper!
    Glad u figured it out. Shoulda asked here an we'd a fixed ya up. I use it a lot.

Yup! Has a timer and stopwatch. I've not used the timer but have used the stopwatch a number of times, nice big numbers that these old tired eyes can easily read. Very cool. They are in BB6 as well.

You are so right JayDee, pretty fine peice of hardware!
    10-16-10 09:42 PM
    Jim, you are so fast, you beat me to it!!!
    HAHA!!!
    I love that by using options you can set the timer features to use ANY RINGTONE as the timer alarm!!!!
    What a feature!
    I'd pay for this app and we have it built in.
    You guys are holding out on me. What else do we have that you haven't told me about, hummmmmmmm???????
    You could use the stopwatch to time yourself when you go for a run and see how fast you do the 100 yard dash!
    10-16-10 09:46 PM
23,186 ... 291292293294295 ...