I have gotten myself on a variety of IGNORE lists lately for being a TROLL it seems... YES!
    I'm on the those same lists, jaydee. The sad fact is they're id!ot noobs, that either:

A) babble on incessantly with lame attempts at being witty or
    B) are just flat-out wrong and not smart enough to admit it

So take comfort in the fact that you're not the only one and smile from ear to ear

Bob, my sincerest condolences on your loss.
    10-13-10 12:36 PM
    Hey Paul, I know your running 6, have you had any issue with app world? I D/L'd the latest v and it's doing the same as the original one I had, which is not acknowledging my pp account and not letting me change payment methods either. I don't even want to buy anything. I'm interested in the new "newsy" app for free. I'd heard others having issues with app world on 6.
    I had to reregister my bb id and it still won't let me in. Weird, wondering if your in or not. issues??
    10-13-10 12:52 PM
    Hey Paul, I know your running 6, have you had any issue with app world? I D/L'd the latest v and it's doing the same as the original one I had, which is not acknowledging my pp account and not letting me change payment methods either. I don't even want to buy anything. I'm interested in the new "newsy" app for free. I'd heard others having issues with app world on 6.
    I had to reregister my bb id and it still won't let me in. Weird, wondering if your in or not. issues??
    I wish I could help you, but I don't use App World. I call it crApp World since it never seems to work right. I ran it on my Curve 8330 last spring once or twice and gave up on it.

I get apps either thru Mobihand or the developer's website (ie Poynt). If either one of those isn't an option, I don't use the app.
    10-13-10 12:56 PM
    I wish I could help you, but I don't use App World. I call it crApp World since it never seems to work right. I ran it on my Curve 8330 last spring once or twice and gave up on it.

I get apps either thru Mobihand or the developer's website (ie Poynt). If either one of those isn't an option, I don't use the app.
    Yeah, I much prefer mobihand also. Never had an app world issue tho till 6. I usually get free apps there like news stuff.
    Thanks
    10-13-10 12:59 PM
    Jim,
    You don't have to be on OS6 to have trouble with App world or as I call it CRAPP world!
    LOL
    I downloaded ESPN Radio app the other night (it's a must for any sports aficionado, btw!!! radio stations and podcasts galore! Woo Hoo!!!)
    And the dang thing would not take my ID so I had to create a new one. Then it said it already had a user under that name...well of course it did...ME!!! Gol dang it!!! So is used a different username and who knows if I will ever remember that one? And then it wouldn't let me charge my purchase to my credit card...I mean my checking account but yes to my credit card. No to paypal, but yes to credit card. Whatever, by the time I was done I wanted to buy a bottle of gin to go with it!

Sheesh!!!
    Last edited by jaydee5799; 10-13-10 at 01:15 PM.
    10-13-10 01:12 PM
    Jim,
    You don't have to be on OS6 to have trouble with App world or as I call it CRAPP world!
    LOL
    I downloaded ESPN Radio app the other night (it's a must for any sports aficionado, btw!!! radio stations and podcasts galore! Woo Hoo!!!)
    And the dang thing would not take my ID so I had to create a new one. Then it said it already had a user under that name...well of course it did...ME!!! Gol dang it!!! So is used a different username and who knows if I will ever remember that one? And then it wouldn't let me charge my purchase to my credit card...I mean my checking account but yes to my credit card. No to paypal, but yes to credit card. Whatever, by the time I was done I wanted to buy a bottle of gin to go with it!

Sheesh!!!
    WoW1 guess I feel better then, knowing lots are having issues. I never did on 5 tho, so thought it to be a 6 thing. Funny when I try to do anything it sends me to a loop of that long a$$ acceptance speech thing that I click "agree" then continues to send me back there everytime. No sweat and def No biggie either. If it's issue prone then I'm not sure I want them handling withdrawls from any of my accts anyway. I considered deleting app world when I had a chance on installing 6, guess I will next time. Frees up about 800kb.
    10-13-10 01:22 PM
    Also a smart move to delete it; as I always do after I download something with it. App World is a know memory drainer.
    10-13-10 01:26 PM
    Mental note to self: Delete the pita pos app world when installing next os.
    10-13-10 01:57 PM
    Mental note to self: Delete the pita pos app world when installing next os.
    LOL, we'll get ya fixed up, Jim!!!
    10-13-10 02:00 PM
    LOL, we'll get ya fixed up, Jim!!!
    Thanks, done and done! worked perfect.
    10-13-10 02:39 PM
    Thanks, done and done! worked perfect.
    Did you wipe and reload 280?
    10-13-10 02:40 PM
    Did you wipe and reload 280?
    Just to keep all others interested in my crap world removal loop. BBsak worked perfect as suggested by Paul. Removed app world+app center. Took a short time,rebooted and Bam! no more crap wrld. Awesome to be rid of it actually. Easy process.
    10-13-10 02:48 PM
    Application center never made sense to me. I first encountered it on Storm and thought wtf is this supposed to be??? Another useless app thrown on there to load it up with icons.
    10-13-10 03:29 PM
    I use App World quite often. Have 16 apps I've downloaded through it (3 or 4 through CB Store, several other OTA's) and haven't really had any issues. App World is working fine for me on .280. Just downloaded The Weather Channel free app last night. Haven't tried to buy anything on App World lately though (generally do OTA or CB Store/Mobihand for those since they're generally cheaper, especially with CB DOD).
    10-13-10 05:47 PM
    Just to keep all others interested in my crap world removal loop. BBsak worked perfect as suggested by Paul. Removed app world+app center. Took a short time,rebooted and Bam! no more crap wrld. Awesome to be rid of it actually. Easy process.
    Jim,
    Glad you are all set! Paul is one helluva miracle worker, no? He's a good guy to have around. Glad you are rid of it since you were disgusted.

Now PistolPete-you have good luck with it, huh? Wow. That's amazing! And good!!!! I wish I had your luck. Must be I am too impatient with it or something. I just can never get it to work right for me...
    Glad it works for you tho!
    10-13-10 06:17 PM
    If I need to download an app from app world I'll do it and then delete app world. I never keep it on my phone. I dl all my paid apps from Mobihand. Application center is pretty useless too. IMO

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-13-10 06:32 PM
    Thanks "Ramblers", I really do appreciate the kind words. Hope to be back in the saddle as it were next week. Just stopped by to say hi and see if there are any earth shattering things going on.

Also wanted to see if our beloved JayDee had held her nose and jumped into the world of BB6.

Have a terrific day!
    10-14-10 08:15 AM
    Thanks "Ramblers", I really do appreciate the kind words. Hope to be back in the saddle as it were next week. Just stopped by to say hi and see if there are any earth shattering things going on.

Also wanted to see if our beloved JayDee had held her nose and jumped into the world of BB6.

Have a terrific day!
    Bob,
    I have not taken the plunge yet. But I am considering it. And yes, as of this morning, there have been a few changes around here, but I am not at liberty to talk about them. You will see soon enough and then I can discuss them. Have a good day and I hope things get better for you!!!
    10-14-10 09:22 AM
    Morning Essex Ramblers!
    I am starting this post about the BeWeather update to keep it in the thread; so Yester doesn't feel compelled to remove it. If you have BeWeather, don't forget to go to Smartphone Apps and Smartphone Accessories - MobiHand Store on your berry and login and update your copy.

Now to the Weather in general:
    Ole JayDee has a story to tell all the Ramblers about she and Paul and cbreze, to some extent.

It kinda effects you all, so I want to tell you what has been happening.
    Last week, Paul and I were involved in some heated "discussion" verbal sparring, go-rounds with two noobs named Expidia and aerogems. Mark the names carefully. If you see them in a thread, tread very carefully. They will goad you into an argument and you do not want any part of them as they are rotten to the core.

As things progresses, Paul and I exchanged words back and forth with these two and what resulted was a lot of nonsense. Most of the offending posts were removed bu the mods. Oh the stuff written about us was terrible. I was told I had a history of mental illness in my family, I would become a burden to my children in my declining years, and live in a mental fog. Paul and I were called "dogs, sniffing other dogs' asses" and "trolls" and "troublemakers" and we were put on the guy's IGNORE list and he made a big deal out of it by posting a jpg of his list with our names on it which is still visible in one of the threads. I appealed to the moderator to have it removed, but Branta, the moderator told me to "swallow my pride" and take my lumps and deal with it. Nice talk from a mod who should be keeping justice, huh? Well, I don't respect him much, either. Anyway, be that as it may...

As a result, another mod suggested we take the arguments to PM. Paul did. and immediately afterward, Paul was suspended from Crackberry for one week. So if you see his name on any posts, you'll see banned underneath it and that lasts only one week. When he told me I was more than livid and immediately began writing the mods. I was told to shut up basically because I was slated to be suspended, too they say but my sorry *** was saved somehow. So I was told be thankful. Again, nice, huh?

Paul says to say Hello to the gang and "tell them I'll be back". He can read but not post. He is taking it in stride; much better than I am, I must say and nothing has happened to me...YET!

Until yesterday...when I posted in another forum and a man started with me. And cbreze (Jim) came to my rescue (much the way Paul always seems to do) Thank you Jim! And the guy started with Jim. And then it dawned on me. Lo and behold, who is posting in the thread with him but Expidia? See? A set up! Be very, very careful everyone. Do not get involved with this noobie as he has the protection of a very misinformed moderator on his side.

I hope this post will stay long enough for you all to see and read.
    as of now, Paul, Jim, Bob, Prince all have my pin and are on BBM with me. If anyone else wants my pin, please PM me. Be glad to discuss with you. or add you. Don't want this to happen to any more of you....

My friends, my family....the Essex Ramblers!!!!!
    Have a great Weekend!!!!
    10-15-10 07:57 AM
    Morning Essex Ramblers!
    I am starting this post about the BeWeather update to keep it in the thread; so Yester doesn't feel compelled to remove it. If you have BeWeather, don't forget to go to Smartphone Apps and Smartphone Accessories - MobiHand Store on your berry and login and update your copy.

Now to the Weather in general:
    Ole JayDee has a story to tell all the Ramblers about she and Paul and cbreze, to some extent.

It kinda effects you all, so I want to tell you what has been happening.
    Last week, Paul and I were involved in some heated "discussion" verbal sparring, go-rounds with two noobs named Expidia and aerogems. Mark the names carefully. If you see them in a thread, tread very carefully. They will goad you into an argument and you do not want any part of them as they are rotten to the core.

As things progresses, Paul and I exchanged words back and forth with these two and what resulted was a lot of nonsense. Most of the offending posts were removed bu the mods. Oh the stuff written about us was terrible. I was told I had a history of mental illness in my family, I would become a burden to my children in my declining years, and live in a mental fog. Paul and I were called "dogs, sniffing other dogs' asses" and "trolls" and "troublemakers" and we were put on the guy's IGNORE list and he made a big deal out of it by posting a jpg of his list with our names on it which is still visible in one of the threads. I appealed to the moderator to have it removed, but Branta, the moderator told me to "swallow my pride" and take my lumps and deal with it. Nice talk from a mod who should be keeping justice, huh? Well, I don't respect him much, either. Anyway, be that as it may...

As a result, another mod suggested we take the arguments to PM. Paul did. and immediately afterward, Paul was suspended from Crackberry for one week. So if you see his name on any posts, you'll see banned underneath it and that lasts only one week. When he told me I was more than livid and immediately began writing the mods. I was told to shut up basically because I was slated to be suspended, too they say but my sorry *** was saved somehow. So I was told be thankful. Again, nice, huh?

Paul says to say Hello to the gang and "tell them I'll be back". He can read but not post. He is taking it in stride; much better than I am, I must say and nothing has happened to me...YET!

Until yesterday...when I posted in another forum and a man started with me. And cbreze (Jim) came to my rescue (much the way Paul always seems to do) Thank you Jim! And the guy started with Jim. And then it dawned on me. Lo and behold, who is posting in the thread with him but Expidia? See? A set up! Be very, very careful everyone. Do not get involved with this noobie as he has the protection of a very misinformed moderator on his side.

I hope this post will stay long enough for you all to see and read.
    as of now, Paul, Jim, Bob, Prince all have my pin and are on BBM with me. If anyone else wants my pin, please PM me. Be glad to discuss with you. or add you. Don't want this to happen to any more of you....

My friends, my family....the Essex Ramblers!!!!!
    Have a great Weekend!!!!
    That is very disappointing, I happened into one of those threads and saw a couple of posts by those 2 noobs and they seemed a bit over the top. Don't understand how a mod would side with a noob vs someone who has been around long enough to reach genius status and has never done anything but be helpful to forum participants, disappointing is not strong enough to describe how I feel.

JayDee and Paul, you hang in there, with any luck at all these guys will be seen for what they really are and dealt with accordingly. You guys are "Ramblers" and we all stand behind you, I'll certainly be happy to step to the front should the need arise.

Have a terrific weekend! Keep smiling !!!!
    10-15-10 08:13 AM
    Thanks for the BeWeather tip JayDee, but perhaps I beat you this time as I picked it up last nite.Ha! It is cool how the fonts can be color changed now. Over-all this is a very nice improvement imo. Also, if anyone's interested, "tether" also has an upgrade. I've so far noticed it seems to connect even faster as if it wasn't fast already, also, curiously enough it will ask you if you want it to disconnect wifi now , saying it makes for a faster ,better connection or something.
    Re: the weird noob goings on, I couldn't agree more and +1 to everything you've said. It is quite strange how it seems to be a lopsided justice system around here and I'm not quite sure what that means or says about upper management. Kinda reminds me of my former job Heh,heh. Lopsided and outta balance. You said it all and very well I might add. I've also voiced my concerns, frustrations via the method I mentioned in bbm yesterday. FWIW, it at least made me feel like I wasn't just sitting idlely by.
    Funny, how certain posters seem to be taking over some of the rest of CB and doing so with full approval, or so it appears anyway. And as Bob said there seems little regard for the folks that actually help others and have been doing so willingly and for some time. I must say that I am disappointed with the outcome considering what has been said about long time members. In other forums I've been in xda-devs for one, these guys would have been run out of town on a rail. They take no prisoners over there and you better watch what you say also. At least I feel safe in the "rambler" thread. Amoung friends as well. As Jaydee says, Tread softly, beware, and watch out for certain noobs. There are "skunks in the woodpile".
    Have great fridays everybody,
    Ciao,
    Jim
    10-15-10 09:18 AM
    arrgghh!!! may have noticed a bweather bug. not sure, could be tether to. Either way, I'm losing my b weather wallpaper when I plugin to tether. hmmmmm. It comes back with a reboot or has to be redone thru the weather settings. not a good thing if I want to see the weather on my homescreen.
    10-15-10 09:41 AM
    Jaydee, Paul and all other Ramblers, I am disappointed with what has happened. Earlier this week I saw the posts from the before mentioned noobs. I thought that it was the dirtiest, filthiest, hateful most non-productive post that I had ever seen on CB. I do my best to avoid these type of conflicts. It's just not worth it. Jaydee, the things that were said about you were very hateful and should not be allowed on the forum without punishment. I hope we can remember why we're here and treat people with respect.
    Last edited by princebb; 10-15-10 at 01:34 PM.
    10-15-10 01:10 PM
    arrgghh!!! may have noticed a bweather bug. not sure, could be tether to. Either way, I'm losing my b weather wallpaper when I plugin to tether. hmmmmm. It comes back with a reboot or has to be redone thru the weather settings. not a good thing if I want to see the weather on my homescreen.
    It could be that your phone's memory card becomes inaccesable when tethering, and if your pics for the wallpaper pull from the media card, they wouldn't be accessible either, causing an issue with the wallpaper?
    10-15-10 01:16 PM
    Hey ramblers, I made the jump to .280 because when I was in Houston with my family earlier this week I tried to use the camera on my phone and all I got was a color test pattern. I've been on .280 since last night and it seems to be working very well. The camera is back in operation and producing real pictures and the browser seems to scroll much better.

I suspect that we are getting close to a releaseable version of BB6. Right now I don't have any nigglies bothering me so I'm a happy camper.

I believe this one earns a
    10-15-10 03:10 PM
23,186 ... 290291292293294 ...