Hey chitowngirl, I also want to welcome you back and sorry to hear of your car accident, those are never fun. Hope your surgery goes excellently and your soon back in the pink sharing here in the forums. Would love to hear how your bold's been as well. Rock solid I'm guessing. Maybe time for an os upgrade? LOL. Come back and post soon.
    10-11-10 12:41 AM
    Hi guys -

I had a question asked of me via PM, that I thought might help others here. The member was unable to locate calendar and messaging defaults. On 5.0 it was under options> advanced options> default services and then you could choose which email account to use. With BB6 it's located under: Options > Device > Advanced System settings > Default services.
    10-11-10 07:19 AM
    Happy Columbus Day to all The Essex Ramblers! If you have to work today...sorry!

If you're home...like me...Yay!
    Enjoy!

Nice tip, PC.
    And let's see if we can solve this playlist thing, too while we're at it, PC. I mean I know you need your weekends off, but we got questions here and we need answers!
    10-11-10 07:25 AM
    Happy Columbus Day to all The Essex Ramblers! If you have to work today...sorry!

If you're home...like me...Yay!
    Enjoy!

Nice tip, PC.
    And let's see if we can solve this playlist thing, too while we're at it, PC. I mean I know you need your weekends off, but we got questions here and we need answers!
    Ha ha, jaydee. Now that baseball is over for the year (I have mixed emotions on that) I'll have entire Sundays to sit and field questions What's the playlist thing?

+1 on the Happy Columbus day!
    10-11-10 07:31 AM
    Ha ha, jaydee. Now that baseball is over for the year (I have mixed emotions on that) I'll have entire Sundays to sit and field questions What's the playlist thing?

+1 on the Happy Columbus day!
    PC
    Is there any better way to get music on the bb?
    I currently use iTunes to load music, create playlists and then DM to sync the music.
    I can't seem to order the songs in the playlist in iTunes, tho and you can't do it in DM, either. Am I missing something? I want to set the order of the songs!
    I really don't want to do it on the bb as I am talking about some 700-800 songs on the bb that I would rather manipulate on a laptop instead....

Better app? Third party? Suggestions?
    10-11-10 07:37 AM
    Hi guys -

I had a question asked of me via PM, that I thought might help others here. The member was unable to locate calendar and messaging defaults. On 5.0 it was under options> advanced options> default services and then you could choose which email account to use. With BB6 it's located under: Options > Device > Advanced System settings > Default services.
    PC, thanks for being here to help us.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-11-10 07:59 AM
    PC
    I currently use iTunes to load music, create playlists and then DM to sync the music.
    I can't seem to order the songs in the playlist in iTunes, tho and you can't do it in DM, either. Am I missing something? I want to set the order of the songs!
    I really don't want to do it on the bb as I am talking about some 700-800 songs on the bb that I would rather manipulate on a laptop instead....

jaydee, first congrats on passing the 2,500 post mark. Unfortunately, I can't help on the music thing. I don't do much with music on my BB; and when I did I think I used and SD card reader and did the ol' drag and drop deal from within Windows.

PC, thanks for being here to help us.

Prince, glad to help, despite what the rube/noob expidiot thinks.
    10-11-10 08:03 AM
    PC

Does itunes create a playlist that works on the BB? But it is just that the songs are not ordered like you want? If so, you can edit the playlist manually and move items around. Generally, each song is represented by two lines, so you would move them two-by-two (Noah) into your preferred order.
    10-11-10 10:34 AM
    Does itunes create a playlist that works on the BB? But it is just that the songs are not ordered like you want? If so, you can edit the playlist manually and move items around. Generally, each song is represented by two lines, so you would move them two-by-two (Noah) into your preferred order.
    F2,
    Yes iTunes creates playlists that I can sync to my bb.
    I can actually move songs around in the order I want for SOME of the playlists.
    But for some of them I can't!
    And I can't figure out why the difference! Crazy, crazy, crazy!!!!
    Anyway, when I set an order in iTunes, it will sync in the proper order on the bb and stay that way, so I am halfway there...
    10-11-10 11:14 AM
    Forgive me essex threaders for i have sinned. I got a very good offer to buy a pretty much brand new Samsung Fascinate yesterday and i took the offer. I have been using blackberry for the last 4 years and androids recent popularity has intrigued me. So i decided ill give it a test drive. Ive been reading up on android and so far i'm downright confused lol. Prolly cause I dont have the phone in front of me, but im sure after reading more and actually tinkering with the phone I should get the hang of it.
    Anyway I will def be keeping my blackberry and will most likely use that as my daily driver, but curiosity got the best of me and I just want to try something new.
    10-12-10 10:29 AM
    It's ok! You're allowed to venture out!
    Let us know how the new phone is working for you.

And I managed to get my playlist thing going to my liking. I am going to stick with iTunes for managing my playlists. I couldn't move the songs around for some reason so I created a new playlist and deleted the old one. Whatever.
    And then I use DM to sync and the songs stay in the proper order.
    Yay!!!
    10-12-10 11:01 AM
    Forgive me essex threaders for i have sinned. I got a very good offer to buy a pretty much brand new Samsung Fascinate yesterday and i took the offer. I have been using blackberry for the last 4 years and androids recent popularity has intrigued me. So i decided ill give it a test drive. Ive been reading up on android and so far i'm downright confused lol. Prolly cause I dont have the phone in front of me, but im sure after reading more and actually tinkering with the phone I should get the hang of it.
    Anyway I will def be keeping my blackberry and will most likely use that as my daily driver, but curiosity got the best of me and I just want to try something new.
    Don't feel bad, I'm giving Android a go next time out. BlackBerry is great, but the Storm is a weak link. They just can't get touchscreen right.
    10-12-10 11:08 AM
    Hey, definitly let us know how that works out for you.
    The main reason I've never cared much to try android beyond an in store test is the form factor. The new droid pro verizon is coming out with, which is more to my liking form wise, is a bit closer. I still dislike the touch screen experience. I've had tons of TS winmo devices, so I'm no stranger to it. Even the eyephone's touch experience left me cold. I do hate those finger goo screen smudges. If android came out with a non-touch BB style bar form variety I'd be inclined to give it a try.
    I've heard samsung has a less than stellar RF experience, but I hope they've since gotten this handled.
    best of luck with it and please check in and let us know how it's going.
    Ciao,
    10-12-10 11:15 AM

Yay!!!!
    Chitowngirl is baaaacccckkkkk!!!!
    We missed you sweetie!!!
    And we all hope you are feeling better. We're all here for the most part. We have a lot of friendly newcomers, too. Say hi to Bob, Brooke, Plkcable and rryoung, cbreze, Prince and F2 and socal and a bunch of other great people!!!!

Wizard turned traitor...er...um...his job gave him a droid...so he stops by very infrequently. Mrweller is here and so is Moonlessnight!

Tourboy has dropped off the face of the planet!

Everyone will stop by to say hello, I'm sure!
    What are you doing with your Bold these days, S? Anything exciting? Need help? We got a lot of experts!!!
    Welcome home
    No nothing execting with my "baby bold" just nursing myself back at this time

Hello to our new friends welcome aboard
    10-12-10 12:20 PM
    You are forgiven. I've looked at Android phones in the store but I don't care for the touchscreen. If they had a device with an actual keyboard I would be more inclined to give it a try. Good luck with your new phone. Stop by and let us know how it's working for you.
    10-12-10 02:36 PM
    im not sure how im gonna like it but i have to give it a try after hearing all the praise. One thing i dont like about the phone already and i dont even have it is the fact that is dosent have an LED a damn small little light is so satisfying that i will for sure miss it. I also am alittle worried about the lack of notifications and push. I dont have the phone in hand so i dont know but it seems like it is hard to tell on android when you get an sms, email, mms, etc. I dont know if there is a notification bar which tells you have a message or what.
    I also am very anal when it comes to application management with my bb so having all those running apps on android is a little intimidating. I know thats how the os is designed to work, its just a crazy concept coming from a bb. I did go to a store and play with one and overall it seems very nice. I normally dont like touchscreens but typed very well on it at the store. I also loved the amount of customization and the android app market.
    Time will tell though. It should be here early next week, and there is no way in **** i am giving up bb its basically a part of me and i can never give it up.
    10-12-10 04:31 PM
    You are forgiven. I've looked at Android phones in the store but I don't care for the touchscreen. If they had a device with an actual keyboard I would be more inclined to give it a try. Good luck with your new phone. Stop by and let us know how it's working for you.
    I'm with ya on that prince. After many touch screen devices in the past, I never could get to where I liked them that much. Those with a physical kb included also were better imo for me anyway. If android came out with a non touch, I might give it a hard look. The droid pro coming to verizon in nov. has a hard kb but also a touch screen. It's very BB-esque in the form also. It looks like the kb is mainly for typing and not navigating around the ui. The bottom line for me tho is and I'll maybe catch crap for saying this, but android is just to winmo-esque to suit me. It's like what winmo coulda,shoulda,woulda been, if only. After so many years with wm I don't know if I want to go back to that type of ui style. Widgets and all.....meh
    10-12-10 07:43 PM
    im not sure how im gonna like it but i have to give it a try after hearing all the praise. One thing i dont like about the phone already and i dont even have it is the fact that is dosent have an LED a damn small little light is so satisfying that i will for sure miss it. I also am alittle worried about the lack of notifications and push. I dont have the phone in hand so i dont know but it seems like it is hard to tell on android when you get an sms, email, mms, etc. I dont know if there is a notification bar which tells you have a message or what.
    I also am very anal when it comes to application management with my bb so having all those running apps on android is a little intimidating. I know thats how the os is designed to work, its just a crazy concept coming from a bb. I did go to a store and play with one and overall it seems very nice. I normally dont like touchscreens but typed very well on it at the store. I also loved the amount of customization and the android app market.
    Time will tell though. It should be here early next week, and there is no way in **** i am giving up bb its basically a part of me and i can never give it up.
    We hope you enjoy your new phone rr...but don't even think about not coming back here to talk to us! LOL we would miss you too much! We already have to chase after that dastardly wizard....who left us a while back. And the rest of you thnking about leaving...BERRY FUNNY! You trying to give me a heart attack? What, I'm gonna lose all you Essex Ramblers at once? Wow. I'll have to take up a new hobby. Begging on a street corner for new friends...
    10-12-10 08:30 PM
    jaydee, I'm not giving up my Bold. Ramble on!!
    10-12-10 10:47 PM
    You got it, Prince! This is one of the few paces I can post anymore without being attacked. I have gotten myself on a variety of IGNORE lists lately for being a TROLL it seems... YES!

But here I feel at home.
    So we will ramble on and on...Now that I figured out my playlist problem, I hear from someone that OS6 has a wireless sync feature. That is something that I might really like! I dunno...do you think I might try it out soon???

If I didn't have to be so fussy about putting everything back in place, I might go to OS6 just to see!
    10-13-10 06:22 AM
    I hear you jaydee, there's nothing like being home. Did you know that cbreze is back on 280 again? I might load up BB6 again too.
    10-13-10 06:55 AM
    Hey guys, I'm still alive but have been out of pocket. I'm currently in the Houston area, down here for a memrial service for my daughter-in-law who passed away on 10/3 unexpectedly. We are heading back home today and will have my sister with us for a few days so I may not have much of a chance to get back into the forums until next week.

Welcome back ctgirl, sorry to hear about your accident. Hope that all continues to go well for you, keep in touch as you can.

I'm chomping at the bit to try .280 and to see what vzw announces tomorrow. I may have to try .975 for grins, time will tell.

Got to run as we are heading out shortly and I need to finnish packing and load the truck.
    10-13-10 09:57 AM
    Hey guys, I'm still alive but have been out of pocket. I'm currently in the Houston area, down here for a memrial service for my daughter-in-law who passed away on 10/3 unexpectedly. We are heading back home today and will have my sister with us for a few days so I may not have much of a chance to get back into the forums until next week.

Welcome back ctgirl, sorry to hear about your accident. Hope that all continues to go well for you, keep in touch as you can.

I'm chomping at the bit to try .280 and to see what vzw announces tomorrow. I may have to try .975 for grins, time will tell.

Got to run as we are heading out shortly and I need to finnish packing and load the truck.
    Bob,
    My sympathies on the death of your loved one. I speak for all the Essex Ramblers when I say we are truly sorry for your loss. You are in our prayers; in whatever form we all pray...we will remember you and ask for added strength for you and your family!!!

We will be here when you get back around to posting.

God Bless, Bob.
    10-13-10 10:25 AM

Bob, I'd like to offer my sincere condolences to you and your family as well, and echo what Jaydee said 100%.
    I will look forward to your return when you are ready and please know that we are all here for you.
    Jim
    10-13-10 12:25 PM

Bob, I want to add my condolences to you and your family. You're in our thoughts and prayers. Please know that we are here for you. God bless you and your family.

10-13-10 12:35 PM
23,186 ... 289290291292293 ...