Yeah, congrats PC. I didn't notice earlier. Thanks jaydee. Between you and Paul we get some pretty dang good help and info. Of course I'd expect no less from a couple of geniuses.
    10-02-10 12:02 AM
    My congrats to PC as well. Paul, you are a wonderful resource to have around.

NOW, I have a question. Since I now have charging pod I have tried to setup DM6 so that I can sync my baby Bold to my computer via BlueTooth. For some reason, DM6 doesn't recognize my computer's BT. Is there something special that I need to do to have DM6 recognize the BT on the computer? It sure would be nice to do the sync via BT without having to connect and disconnect to the laptop.
    10-02-10 01:21 PM
    Congrats PC on your 2000th post.
    But don't think ur catching up with me...LOL
    Poor PC, we're painting him to be a severe taskmaster. We are only teasing you Paul. We rely on you a lot.
    Congrats PC!!!
    Yeah, congrats PC. I didn't notice earlier. Thanks jaydee. Between you and Paul we get some pretty dang good help and info. Of course I'd expect no less from a couple of geniuses.

My congrats to PC as well. Paul, you are a wonderful resource to have around.

NOW, I have a question. Since I now have charging pod I have tried to setup DM6 so that I can sync my baby Bold to my computer via BlueTooth. For some reason, DM6 doesn't recognize my computer's BT. Is there something special that I need to do to have DM6 recognize the BT on the computer? It sure would be nice to do the sync via BT without having to connect and disconnect to the laptop.
    Thanks everyone. I appreciate the thoughts, and enjoying passing along the little bit I know, or a link to what I can find

As far as BT goes, Bob, I can tell you that I had BT working under DM 5.0 working on my Storm until my son stepped on the BT dongle and broke it. Yes, I know you said DM6, but it's been a while since I had this working.

There's a thread on here that gives you the step by step instructions if you're running WinXP and have a Kensington dongle. I'm not sure if you have an internal BT or have a dongle like I had. Someone has to have it working with DM6 by now. If you can't find anything, I'll try to help find an answer.

btw, when I was able to do backup and restores via BT, they were lightning quick.

the BT i had was this one: Bluetooth� USB Adapter 2.0 - K33348 - Kensington
    Last edited by plkcable; 10-02-10 at 02:53 PM.
    10-02-10 02:49 PM
    Thanks everyone. I appreciate the thoughts, and enjoying passing along the little bit I know, or a link to what I can find

As far as BT goes, Bob, I can tell you that I had BT working under DM 5.0 working on my Storm until my son stepped on the BT dongle and broke it. Yes, I know you said DM6, but it's been a while since I had this working.

There's a thread on here that gives you the step by step instructions if you're running WinXP and have a Kensington dongle. I'm not sure if you have an internal BT or have a dongle like I had. Someone has to have it working with DM6 by now. If you can't find anything, I'll try to help find an answer.

btw, when I was able to do backup and restores via BT, they were lightning quick.

the BT i had was this one: Bluetooth� USB Adapter 2.0 - K33348 - Kensington
    Thanks for the reply Paul. I do have a dongle, had a brain cramp when ordering my laptop and didn't order BT with it. Got just about everything else but no BT. The dongle is a Sabrent BT-USBT, it's one of the low profile dongles that you can stick into a USB port and leave it there because it barely sticks out from the side of the laptop and what does stick out is a half-moon so it won't catch on stuff.

I have been able to pair the dongle and my baby Bold so I know that the Blackberry recognizes the BT dongle, why DM6 doesn't recognize it is a mystery. I'll follow your link and see if the information is generic enough that it might provide some answers. By the way, I'm running Win7 Ultimate so not sure how the XP instructions will work.

Again, thanks for the lead.
    10-02-10 05:43 PM
    I had the 6.0 but just went back to 5.0.975 today. I had to have my pandora back and my video camera light. I know that 6.0 will be officially released someday and hopefully those problems will be fixed and not have any others (although I know that no OS is perfect).

Anyway, I really liked 6.0 and know that my Bold will see it again. Right now I am very content with .975.

Thanks everyone for all of your help.
    10-02-10 10:19 PM
    I had the 6.0 but just went back to 5.0.975 today. I had to have my pandora back and my video camera light. I know that 6.0 will be officially released someday and hopefully those problems will be fixed and not have any others (although I know that no OS is perfect).

Anyway, I really liked 6.0 and know that my Bold will see it again. Right now I am very content with .975.

Thanks everyone for all of your help.
    10-02-10 10:20 PM
    I went back to check out 975 also, but fortunately for me I don't use pandora or need a vid lite. I was missing themes and anything else I thought I might be missing, plus just the curiosity factor of trying an upgraded 5 again. I didn't hang around there very long. I found I think I prefer being on 6, which is what I was trying to find out. It's great we have so many options. Makes it all good!
    10-03-10 09:42 AM
    Happy Monday Essex Ramblers! ow is everyone doing on this start to a new work week? Bob and cbreze, don't remind us YOU two don't have to work! LOL

Nothing much going on in JayDee's world lately with y Baby Bold. I suppose that is a good thing. No problems, anyway. I have been watching a lot of video of the live streaming variety, especially on Sundays and I must say it is refreshing not to have my old Curve 8330 anymore. I never could do that with the old battle axe. LOL Between DirecTV SuperCast app and NFL on Verizon Mobile I watch NFL on Sundays and wow! I am really impressed with the video quality. Feed my football addiction even if it is on a tiny screen. Of course, all this is happening while I'm sitting in a room with a 50" with a satellite dish...lmao
    overkill.

Anyway...have a great week everyone. Talk to all of you soon...I hope!!!
    10-04-10 09:44 AM
    Thanks for the reply Paul. I do have a dongle, had a brain cramp when ordering my laptop and didn't order BT with it. Got just about everything else but no BT. The dongle is a Sabrent BT-USBT, it's one of the low profile dongles that you can stick into a USB port and leave it there because it barely sticks out from the side of the laptop and what does stick out is a half-moon so it won't catch on stuff.

I have been able to pair the dongle and my baby Bold so I know that the Blackberry recognizes the BT dongle, why DM6 doesn't recognize it is a mystery. I'll follow your link and see if the information is generic enough that it might provide some answers. By the way, I'm running Win7 Ultimate so not sure how the XP instructions will work.

Again, thanks for the lead.
    In DM5, what happens when you go to Tools > Desktop Options > Bluetooth?

Can you check the box next to Allow Bluetooth Connections when the dongle is active? I remember this was not an easy process under XP/DM5 and it took some serious jiggering.
    10-04-10 09:54 AM
    OK Ramblers, it's getting harder and harder to resist the lure of OS6...
    I just heard from PC that his newest version has an updated BBM and you know this queen of BBM has to have it! LOL...I'm so jealous!

I COULD stop being stubborn and just upgrade. So maybe I will be doing this sooner rather than later. Anyone have an common apps that are NOT working that I need to worry about? I am still not sure about the themes. I might have to wait until I see a new theme or two...but the change is coming...
    10-06-10 02:17 PM
    I feel ya jd. PC may have to help me out I'm out of town in boston and won't be back till thursday so I won't be able to download it. I'm terrified there won't be an active link, but it sounds like this version is pretty nice which is good cause .222 is pretty laggy and getting annoying for everyday use.
    But it seems like most apps are working, the only apps that I have that don't work on the previous leaked version is NFl mobil. I sure hope I can get this when I get home cause I love 6 to death and would love th have a smoother bug free version.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-06-10 02:22 PM
    I just heard from PC that his newest version has an updated BBM and you know this queen of BBM has to have it! LOL...I'm so jealous!

I COULD stop being stubborn and just upgrade. So maybe I will be doing this sooner rather than later. Anyone have an common apps that are NOT working that I need to worry about? I am still not sure about the themes. I might have to wait until I see a new theme or two...but the change is coming...
    jaydee, the new leak is very good, I can see this one, or one close to it being the VZW release. It's smoother and snappier, flipping between trays is improved. Memory takes a hit because of the tutorial videos, but they can easily be removed. This one is definitely a keeper.

OS5: buh bye!
    10-06-10 02:25 PM

Hey jaydee, it's good to see the ol' essex thread come back from the archives. I really like the new 6, but as I have posted the browser is so far the only annoying thing for it's lack of any type of column view(text wrap) option. The side to side scrolling drives me up the wall and makes forum sites especially and some others very annoying to browse. I'm still hoping someone will jump in with a setting I missed.
    As for apps, all mine work, but I'm not app heavy at all. The ui is quick and not laggy at all for me. The themes are what they are which is "one" currently. Hopefully more options to come. I guess I'll have to get used to "Bolt" again, which is a shame because the oem browser is really nice now except for scrolling to read stuff. ARRRRGGG!!!
    10-06-10 02:28 PM
    WAIT....
    NO NFL MOBILE??????

Fugggettttttaboutit
    10-06-10 02:28 PM
    JD not totally. I'm running .222 and it works on wifi but not 3G I don't know about the new leak tho cause I haven't given it a go yet.

10-06-10 02:56 PM
    JD not totally. I'm running .222 and it works on wifi but not 3G I don't know about the new leak tho cause I haven't given it a go yet.

PK has posted this in a few threads.
    10-06-10 02:58 PM
    PK has posted this in a few threads.
    I know, remember, I'm the one who has been sending the .cod file out via PM to all the lonely NFL fans. I thought somehow this version of OS6 fixed that problem.

Someone let me know if they give it a go, please? RYoung? If you end up trying it? let me know? I have the .cod backed up from my OS5 Bold. Is that all I need before I upgrade? Oh and no worries cause I'm not upgrading right away anyway...

PS Do any of you running OS6 have DirecTV NFL to Go or Supercast by any chance? Wondering if that works as well?
    10-06-10 03:02 PM
    Hey guys, I've been off the board for a few days, have a family situation going on and a spiritual retreat this weekend so my time has been very commited. Just have a few minutes before I'm off again.

Paul, noticed that you are on .280, how can I get a copy and does it address some of the niglies in .222 such as the vid light and the minor scroling issues in the browser.

I'll be out of pocket for most of the next week, chat with you when I'm back on board.
    10-07-10 07:41 AM
    Hey guys, I've been off the board for a few days, have a family situation going on and a spiritual retreat this weekend so my time has been very commited. Just have a few minutes before I'm off again.

Paul, noticed that you are on .280, how can I get a copy and does it address some of the niglies in .222 such as the vid light and the minor scroling issues in the browser.

I'll be out of pocket for most of the next week, chat with you when I'm back on board.
    Bob, I can get it for you. I'm going to take down my 222 file and I'll put up 280 for you to download. PM me, or email when you're ready, and I'll get you the link.

The OS is snappier overall, video cam light is fixed, browser is an issue for some ppl. I don't really care that much, it loads pages much faster and that's my biggest concern. Scrolling is a pain in the @ss, but I can live with it.
    10-07-10 07:44 AM
    Well I downloaded .280 last night. I really want to like BB6 but there are some things that I have a problem with. The browser is difficult to use especially on CB, I wish it had a column view option like 5.0. Another major issue for me is Blackberry Maps. I dont know how to get it to start navigating. This feature worked great for me on 5. And finally I don't care for the ringtones, I would prefer to have my ringtones from 5.0. I'm going to give .280 a couple of days to see if I change my mind.

10-07-10 08:00 AM
    Well I downloaded .280 last night. I really want to like BB6 but there are some things that I have a problem with. The browser is difficult to use especially on CB, I wish it had a column view option like 5.0. Another major issue for me is Blackberry Maps. I dont know how to get it to start navigating. This feature worked great for me on 5. And finally I don't care for the ringtones, I would prefer to have my ringtones from 5.0. I'm going to give .280 a couple of days to see if I change my mind.
    In CB go to the bottom of the page and click "default view", this will allow the magnifying glass to pop up and clicking on that will give you something like column view after a brief pause.

Have you tried google maps? It works better than bbmaps imho. I found bbmaps frequently off by several blocks at times and that was on os5 and os 6.

All the ringtones I had previously set carried over when I upgraded. You can find loads more on the ringtone thread or load that zip file thats around someplace for all the old 5 ringtones.
    It does take some getting used to. Also fyi in case you did not know hold down the "alt" and use trackpad for zoom.
    I find the scrolling in emails, which I get loads of is a better, smoother experience on 6. For me the browser has been the biggest pita and has a definite learning curve. It would be the only reason I'd go back to 5 if I do. The rest is awesome, so I'm trying my best with the browser.
    Also, a side note regarding the RF ramping sig bars, I have not noticed it yet on this version of 6.
    10-07-10 11:07 AM
    I think it's kinda ironic that everyone was all fired up about OS6 coming out and when it did, everyone jumped on it...for the NEW WEBKIT BROWSER!!!!
    WOO HOO

and then all I hear is that no one is happy about how you can scroll? and can't view web pages right, no column view and WTF? Hasn't RIM gotten it right yet?

What's the sense of OS6 if this isn't right? HUH?????
    I thought the big draw of OS6 WAS the web browser....
    Exactly what is wrong with it?
    10-07-10 11:18 AM
    I think it's kinda ironic that everyone was all fired up about OS6 coming out and when it did, everyone jumped on it...for the NEW WEBKIT BROWSER!!!!
    WOO HOO

and then all I hear is that no one is happy about how you can scroll? and can't view web pages right, no column view and WTF? Hasn't RIM gotten it right yet?

What's the sense of OS6 if this isn't right? HUH?????
    I thought the big draw of OS6 WAS the web browser....
    Exactly what is wrong with it?
    Agreed, everybody was really all stoked up for the "webkit". It is possibly the reason I feel disappointed in it, since it was so hyped. Perhaps the "official" release will address even more of the issues. I don't like all the scrolling on a 2.4" screen is a real huge PITA!. The rest of it is very nice tho and very smooth. Each one just needs to trial it on their own and then pass judgement for themselves. A certain app may not work, or the browser blows to bad, each will have their own reasons to either keep or go back.
    I would imagine there will be future updates even after the "official" release. Always tweaking and improving.
    The best advice is to give it a good run and see for yourself. There are far to many opinions floating around.
    To answer your question imho about what is wrong with the browser: Two words: Scrolling+zooming!! Way to much of both required.
    Just my $.02
    10-07-10 01:02 PM
    That sounds like my 5.0 browser! Thank you all for sharing the info before some of us jump into this.

10-07-10 01:22 PM
    The ONLY advantage the OS5 browser has is the default Column View. The OS6 browser blows it out of the water in every other area: speed, page rendering, ability to use menus, etc.

And, the scrolling issue is only there if you crank up the font size AND are on a mobile site that doesn't do the zooming. The zooming by magnifying glass thing is so much better and easier than the old Column View. Personally I like the OS6 browser better in terms of doing what column view did/does. CB and maybe 1 or 2 other sites are the only ones that I visit that don't give the magnifying glass option, and if I changed CB to the default view, it would (haven't tried it yet for whatever reason).
    10-07-10 04:06 PM
23,186 ... 287288289290291 ...