Why didn't I think of that?

That explains why you guys are masters and geniouses and I'm a lowly adict.
    09-29-10 01:52 PM
    Oh Bob, you are a Genius in my book!!!
    Here's another report on my new OS...5.0.0.975
    It's loud!!!!
    Yay!
    Got some loud sounds and music going on...wow. I'm so happy.
    PC tells me I will see much the same when I upgrade to OS6 IF I ever do it but he seems to doubt it will happen...

You guys are really working me...
    But in the meantime I like 975...battery good, sounds great, boot up faster.
    Likey, likey, likey
    09-29-10 02:57 PM
    Oh Bob, you are a Genius in my book!!!
    It's loud!!!!
    Yay!
    PC tells me I will see much the same when I upgrade to OS6 IF I ever do it but he seems to doubt it will happen...

You guys are really working me...
    Likey, likey, likey
    Rolling your eyes at me, jaydee
    09-29-10 02:59 PM
    Oh Bob, you are right, someday soon I will more than likely be saying I love it...but until then I am going to be giving you a report on OS 5.0.0.975
    I am loading it right now (don't tell my boss as I am at work!) LOL

It was a 156MB zipped package but 115 MB installed and after I used BB Hybrid tools on it and shrunk the h-e-double hockey sticks outta it...only 47 MB in the java folder...LOL

I'll let you know what the differences are...I don't expect there to be anything noticible...

I am in a building with very uneven power...and we are undergoing renovations as we inhabit the building so PRAY for no glitches!

Will see you on the other side...
    Madam Genius,

How do you shrink the h-e-double hockey sticks outta it? I've heard you talk about doing this forever, must be something to it so please share...
    09-29-10 05:49 PM
    Madam Genius,

How do you shrink the h-e-double hockey sticks outta it? I've heard you talk about doing this forever, must be something to it so please share...
    Bob,
    Download BB Hybrid Tools from here:
    BBHybrids Tool (Public Version) - Downloads - BBHybrids Forums and hit the download button on the right. What you get is a small screened app that allows you to use a series of check boxes. You can check anything you do not want added to your installation of the OS. So each time I install an OS5, I DO not install ANY languages (other than English), no games, no social networking except Twitter and Gtalk, no BB maps, No Vcast, or VZW anything, etc...save a heckuva lot of space!!!!

WOO HOO. once you use it, you'll never load an OS again without BB Hybrid Tools!

Important things to remember:
    1. Make sure the OS your are trying to shrink appears in the window at the top.
    2. Make sure to click the button SHRINK MY OS after you make your choices
    3. If you make a mistake, click the button PUT IT BACK and do it over again
    4. No need to delete vendor file cos it does it for you.
    5. Then run Apploader from your c://program files/common files/research in motion/shared files/apploader/
    09-29-10 06:41 PM
    I loaded .975 on my Bold last night. So far I'm likin this a lot. Sounds are a bit louder, browser is a bit snappier and battery life is a bit better. Also, I used BBhybrids to shrink the OS for the first time, that is really slick! Thanks JD for the tip!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-30-10 07:31 AM
    It's loud!!!!
    Yay!
    Likey, likey, likey
    Sounds like your reaping some of the 6 benefits. The best of both. I see all these +'s with OS-6. And another huge plus, more-so in your view perhaps is you get to keep all your themes. YAY for JayDee!!
    My battery life on the OS-6 has gone beyond description to phenomenol actually. I do miss the ability to change to a diff theme sometimes. I saw someone posting in another thread about being perfectly happy with OS-6 but having the urge to try 975. That may be me one of these days. Just for sh!ts and giggles as they say. Glad your getting some good results with 975.
    09-30-10 09:33 AM
    I loaded .975 on my Bold last night. So far I'm likin this a lot. Sounds are a bit louder, browser is a bit snappier and battery life is a bit better. Also, I used BBhybrids to shrink the OS for the first time, that is really slick! Thanks JD for the tip!!
    As I quoted in my above post, this is great news for those of us wanting to hang onto our themes certain apps and other things. Sounds like your able to reap some of the OS-6 goodness while maintaining status quo. I may have to go back and try this one for awhile to decide if I'm 100% with OS-6 or still have some OS-5 love in me.
    09-30-10 09:37 AM
    YAY!
    I'm really very happy for now and I'm sure soon enough will be joining you all on the OS6 bandwagon. Until then..
    09-30-10 09:55 AM
    Jaydee thanks so much for the info. I'm going to input all. Of my codes this weekend. Also going to try the latest beta. I can't bring myself to give up my themes and try six either. Look forward to more post about you're latest install.

09-30-10 10:01 AM
    Jaydee thanks so much for the info. I'm going to input all. Of my codes this weekend. Also going to try the latest beta. I can't bring myself to give up my themes and try six either. Look forward to more post about you're latest install.

CS...Welcome aboard!!!
    Looks like Prince has also installed 975 so he can give us some feedback as well. And maybe cbreze will stray from 6? I dunno

I better not cause too much trouble here or PC will call out the DOGZ on me and open a can of whoop ** for convincing all you guys to switch...

JayDee better behave
    09-30-10 10:24 AM
    CS...Welcome aboard!!!
    Looks like Prince has also installed 975 so he can give us some feedback as well. And maybe cbreze will stray from 6? I dunno

I better not cause too much trouble here or PC will call out the DOGZ on me and open a can of whoop ** for convincing all you guys to switch...

JayDee better behave
    Lol, jaydee. Do I rule this thread with an iron fist? I try to help all of fellow Essex Ramblers, OS5 & OS6.
    09-30-10 11:05 AM
    Lol, jaydee. Do I rule this thread with an iron fist? I try to help all of fellow Essex Ramblers, OS5 & OS6.
    PC
    I'm joshing ya!
    You are the biggest help of all around here! That's why I don't wanna be bad. I'm afraid if I am, you'll leave us and then they'll all be stuck with just ME

PC...smile!
    You da bomb!
    09-30-10 11:08 AM
    PC
    I'm joshing ya!
    You are the biggest help of all around here! That's why I don't wanna be bad. I'm afraid if I am, you'll leave us and then they'll all be stuck with just ME

PC...smile!
    You da bomb!
    I did smile...you missed my ? I'm sticking with Bold a while, so you're stuck with me here. Enjoy! lmao

edit: thank you for the kind words, I really appreciate it!
    Last edited by plkcable; 09-30-10 at 11:22 AM.
    09-30-10 11:18 AM
    Well, I've temporarily left OS-6 for the OS-5's 975 upgrade. I couldn't resist. Just checking it out and revisiting my themes. After a couple of hours first impressions are it is better than 810 for sure. The volume is not yet up to the 6's volumes and I had to increase my levels from where they were set. I think this is a fine upgrade tho for those wanting the functionality of the 5's OS. I may hang out here for awhile. One more thing the browsers Column view is better than the 6's column view option. Just my $.02 worth.

09-30-10 03:27 PM
    Yay cbreze. Welcome back to OS5.
    For a little while.
    09-30-10 03:50 PM
    Here's another 975 update. Pandora froze up on me a couple of time this morning. It is playing fine now. But other than that it seems pretty solid, the volume is definitely louder. Also, I did load BB6 the other night to check it out. I didn't care for the column view and the icon trays really bothered me. But I'm sure I'll give it another shot soon.
    09-30-10 03:59 PM
    Yay cbreze. Welcome back to OS5.
    For a little while.
    Ha,Ha thanks, but I'm back to 6 already.LOL!
    After most of the day trying each of my old themes and using the browser, reading some emails, I've decided BB-6 is better for me.
    I can understand fully for those who have certain apps and theme collections they can't use with 6 to stick with 5. I will say the 975 is seemingly the best of the four BB-5 OS's I've tried and used. I would've been wondering if I hadn't taken it out for a test drive.
    BB-six to me anyway, just seems more polished and crisp. The screen resolution even seems better, and I know that sounds weird, but it seems over-all just a more pleasant, and def snappier fast experience. Had to turn down my volumes again coming back. LOL.
    Jaydee, I was missing my themes till I tried em on again, then kinda thought ...meh. No big loss. I'd rather have the better(imho)experience.
    So thats it, won't be any more 5 incarnations to try with 975 most probably being the last.
    Looks like engadget has some scoop info on an upgrade/update for our bolds...Maybe official BB-6 in october..........."The Tour, Bold 9650, and Curve 3G will all get updates in October. "Known issues and the like." HEY! That's tomorrow!
    ciao all
    Last edited by cbreze; 09-30-10 at 11:52 PM.
    09-30-10 10:45 PM
    Bob,
    Download BB Hybrid Tools from here:
    BBHybrids Tool (Public Version) - Downloads - BBHybrids Forums and hit the download button on the right. What you get is a small screened app that allows you to use a series of check boxes. You can check anything you do not want added to your installation of the OS. So each time I install an OS5, I DO not install ANY languages (other than English), no games, no social networking except Twitter and Gtalk, no BB maps, No Vcast, or VZW anything, etc...save a heckuva lot of space!!!!

WOO HOO. once you use it, you'll never load an OS again without BB Hybrid Tools!

Important things to remember:
    1. Make sure the OS your are trying to shrink appears in the window at the top.
    2. Make sure to click the button SHRINK MY OS after you make your choices
    3. If you make a mistake, click the button PUT IT BACK and do it over again
    4. No need to delete vendor file cos it does it for you.
    5. Then run Apploader from your c://program files/common files/research in motion/shared files/apploader/
    Thanks JayDee, I've downloaded the file and un-zipped it. It seems as the executable does not require installation, what is the second file the JavaLoader.exe do?

Thanks,
    09-30-10 11:52 PM
    CS...Welcome aboard!!!

JayDee better behave
    Yup, you'll pay for sure!
    09-30-10 11:54 PM
    Ha,Ha thanks, but I'm back to 6 already.LOL!
    After most of the day trying each of my old themes and using the browser, reading some emails, I've decided BB-6 is better for me.
    I can understand fully for those who have certain apps and theme collections they can't use with 6 to stick with 5. I will say the 975 is seemingly the best of the four BB-5 OS's I've tried and used. I would've been wondering if I hadn't taken it out for a test drive.
    BB-six to me anyway, just seems more polished and crisp. The screen resolution even seems better, and I know that sounds weird, but it seems over-all just a more pleasant, and def snappier fast experience. Had to turn down my volumes again coming back. LOL.
    Jaydee, I was missing my themes till I tried em on again, then kinda thought ...meh. No big loss. I'd rather have the better(imho)experience.
    So thats it, won't be any more 5 incarnations to try with 975 most probably being the last.
    Looks like engadget has some scoop info on an upgrade/update for our bolds...Maybe official BB-6 in october..........."The Tour, Bold 9650, and Curve 3G will all get updates in October. "Known issues and the like." HEY! That's tomorrow!
    ciao all
    hey, as long as you're happy cbreze...that's all that matters!
    Enjoy no matter what ya got!
    Happy October everybody!
    10-01-10 04:10 AM
    Yup, you'll pay for sure!
    Not sure what this means either, Bob.

Jim, did I open a can of whoop @ss on you for giving 975 a whirl?

Have a good weekend everyone

due mille
    Last edited by plkcable; 10-01-10 at 03:18 PM.
    10-01-10 03:16 PM
    Jim, did I open a can of whoop @ss on you for giving 975 a whirl?
    Not at all. I enjoyed taking it for a spin and figured I'd be back even before I left. I just like to tinker sometimes.

I'm thinking the rumored fix mentioned by engadget is going to be an official 975.
    One thing about the essex threaders is we seem laidback,relaxed and happy with our BOLD maneuvers
    I am thoroughly enjoying having the OS-6 leak on my bold. And thanks again for getting me the link those few days ago Paul.
    10-01-10 04:35 PM
    Congrats PC on your 2000th post.
    But don't think ur catching up with me...LOL
    Poor PC, we're painting him to be a severe taskmaster. We are only teasing you Paul. We rely on you a lot.
    10-01-10 05:19 PM
    Congrats PC on your 2000th post.
    But don't think ur catching up with me...LOL
    Poor PC, we're painting him to be a severe taskmaster. We are only teasing you Paul. We rely on you a lot.
    Congrats PC!!!

10-01-10 05:32 PM
23,186 ... 286287288289290 ...