JayDee, will you be testing the the leaked 5.0.0.975 for us?

http://forums.crackberry.com/f95/965...-fixes-533471/
    09-28-10 07:35 AM

Oh I absolutely will PC. But not tonight. Tonight is Parent's Night at school so I have to be at work all night, but you can be sure I will do it tomorrow.

Oh and there goes all my themes again...huh?
    Well, you'll be happy to know I weeded them down to my most favorite dozen right now! LMAO
    09-28-10 08:11 AM
    Did everyone watch the video of the Blackberry Playbook?
    JayDee wants one!!!!
    PC...will you buy me one? Pretty please????

I can't wait till they come out!
    I wanna ditch my laptop and go for something sleek!!!
    The lighter the better!
    WooHoo...It looks just small enough to fit in my purse, too!
    09-28-10 09:35 AM
    Did everyone watch the video of the Blackberry Playbook?
    JayDee wants one!!!!
    PC...will you buy me one? Pretty please????

I can't wait till they come out!
    I wanna ditch my laptop and go for something sleek!!!
    The lighter the better!
    WooHoo...It looks just small enough to fit in my purse, too!
    Sure, I'll put ya down for at least one
    09-28-10 09:54 AM
    Is verizon going to carry these then? It might be nice for traveling, but as an everyday carry, not for me. Of course a lady with a purse, now could stash it and all could be fine. I know, I could get a man purse, a murse perhaps. I have a case for my laptop for traveling but seldom take it anyway. It's kind of nice to leave technology behind when I "get outta Dodge". My bold gives me the connection I need.
    In any case the specs look pretty good. Whether I'd get one or not is up in the air, but I'd be interested to follow along and see how they do.
    09-28-10 10:09 AM

I'd love to hear what JayDee thinks of the leaked .975
    Parents night huh? Wow, that sounds like the "inquisition".
    I'm grabbing a copy of .975 anyway, just in case. I've learned you can get left out if your not quick enough. In any case it might be fun to have it on file for future playing on a rainy day. It never rains here tho... so hmmmmm..a hot day? hmmmm... no thats everyday....Oh well done downloading..Got it for whenever...LoL.
    09-28-10 11:04 AM
    I wonder why 975 is 156MB; 732 is about 109MB.
    09-28-10 11:16 AM
    I wonder why 975 is 156MB; 732 is about 109MB.
    Oh no need to worry about that extra MB size. You know that I will shrink the beejeszus outta it!!!
    09-28-10 12:27 PM
    Oh no need to worry about that extra MB size. You know that I will shrink the beejeszus outta it!!!
    Oh, I'm not worried, I just wonder what all the crap is in there. OS6 is only 127MB!
    09-28-10 12:55 PM
    Oh, I'm not worried, I just wonder what all the crap is in there. OS6 is only 127MB!
    Maybe it's got an extra THEME with a huge top banner that covers half your screen and then allows you only two rows of icons or none at all....

or WAIT!!! That's OS6...NEVERMIND!!!!
    09-28-10 01:17 PM
    Maybe it's got an extra THEME with a huge top banner that covers half your screen and then allows you only two rows of icons or none at all....

Or maybe it's got 20 or 30 themes built-in with cutsie little icons and pretty wallpapers?

Nobody likes a smart-@ss, JD....lol
    09-28-10 01:21 PM
    Or maybe it's got 20 or 30 themes built-in with cutsie little icons and pretty wallpapers?

Nobody likes a smart-@ss, JD....lol
    But really, PC? you think my wallpapers are cutsie and pretty?
    I thought you knew me better than that!
    And as for my @ss...somehow I don't think we should be discussing that here....

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAH
    09-28-10 01:43 PM
    And as for my @ss...somehow I don't think we should be discussing that here....

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAH
    I wasn't!!!!!!!
    09-28-10 01:45 PM
    Has anyone seen a price listed yet for the PlayBook? and a release date? I am hoping to snag one for myself for my birthday.
    09-28-10 04:23 PM
    Has anyone seen a price listed yet for the PlayBook? and a release date? I am hoping to snag one for myself for my birthday.
    FWIW: There is an article in my morning paper's business section regarding the BB playbook. They said expect a release in very early 2011 and expect a price near the ipad which they quoted at $499. One kind of cool thing I didn't know is that you can tether up your berry to it for the data plan. The article was quoting the ceo, who's name escapes me at the moment.
    They apparently rolled it out at the "Dev Con"
    Last edited by cbreze; 09-28-10 at 04:39 PM.
    09-28-10 04:34 PM
    FWIW: There is an article in my morning paper's business section regarding the BB playbook. They said expect a release in very early 2011 and expect a price near the ipad which they quoted at $499. One kind of cool thing I didn't know is that you can tether up your berry to it for the data plan. The article was quoting the ceo, who's name escapes me at the moment.
    They apparently rolled it out at the "Dev Con"
    Yes cbreze, it is a/b/g/n/ wi-fi ready but you can tether but at what price? I mean tethering DOES use some bw!!!
    I gotta read more as it becomes available. And at a price point beloew 500 would be ideal!!! I would like below 400 but I suppose that's just a pipe dream!
    09-28-10 05:09 PM

I'm going to ROFLMAO when you finally load up BB6 and realize that you LOVE it and have to admit it to all of us!
    09-28-10 10:17 PM
    I'm going to ROFLMAO when you finally load up BB6 and realize that you LOVE it and have to admit it to all of us!
    Oh Bob, you are right, someday soon I will more than likely be saying I love it...but until then I am going to be giving you a report on OS 5.0.0.975
    I am loading it right now (don't tell my boss as I am at work!) LOL

It was a 156MB zipped package but 115 MB installed and after I used BB Hybrid tools on it and shrunk the h-e-double hockey sticks outta it...only 47 MB in the java folder...LOL

I'll let you know what the differences are...I don't expect there to be anything noticible...

I am in a building with very uneven power...and we are undergoing renovations as we inhabit the building so PRAY for no glitches!

Will see you on the other side...
    09-29-10 08:09 AM
    Oh Bob, you are right, someday soon I will more than likely be saying I love it...but until then I am going to be giving you a report on OS 5.0.0.975
    I am loading it right now (don't tell my boss as I am at work!) LOL

It was a 156MB zipped package but 115 MB installed and after I used BB Hybrid tools on it and shrunk the h-e-double hockey sticks outta it...only 47 MB in the java folder...LOL

I'll let you know what the differences are...I don't expect there to be anything noticible...

I am in a building with very uneven power...and we are undergoing renovations as we inhabit the building so PRAY for no glitches!

Will see you on the other side...
    Please post up, I'm sure lots of Bold users running OS5 will want to know how this one is. Post up in the http://forums.crackberry.com/f95/965...-fixes-533471/ thread too!
    09-29-10 08:12 AM
    Hey PC...Congrats on the 1900th!!!
    Good for you!!!
    Well on your way to the Genius of Geniuses...
    Then I won't have to think for myself, I can just ask you!
    09-29-10 08:36 AM
    ACK...
    I have finally started to BREATHE again!
    My baby Bold has been updated to 5.0.0.975.
    I haven't noticed any difference yet. I was concerned because right off the bat it was laggy and freezing but I think it's because the data arrows were going NUTZ.

After that calmed down things were smoother.
    Got most of my apps registered easily with a trick that the GENIUS Paul taught me. Put all my registrations in a memo and bang...easy as pie! Why I never thought of it before, I'll never know...

Anyway, beta BBM was the last and after another reboot...it has calmed down considerably...

Haven't looked at the free memory...
    09-29-10 09:34 AM
    Hey PC...Congrats on the 1900th!!!
    Good for you!!!
    Well on your way to the Genius of Geniuses...
    Then I won't have to think for myself, I can just ask you!
    Thank you, jaydee. Glad my little app trick worked for you too! Give 975 a little while to settle in.

Any differences between BBM 38 & 39?
    Last edited by plkcable; 09-29-10 at 10:31 AM.
    09-29-10 09:38 AM
    I missed the email and registrations trick. Could. You please explain it again or point Me to the post. Thanks you guys are the best. I get so much info here.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-29-10 10:13 AM
    I missed the email and registrations trick. Could. You please explain it again or point Me to the post. Thanks you guys are the best. I get so much info here.
    Hey Cscott...
    Welcome to the Essex thread!
    We are Ramblers here! lol
    The trick Paul and I were talking about is this:
    I use Memo pad to create a document of all my registration numbers for all my apps. Including my Betazone keycodes.

Then, when I upgrade or change my OS, which I do QUITE A BIT, I can just open the app, use QuickLaunch to get to the MemoPad and open the registration memo and copy the code I need and then back to the app to paste the code and boom...all registered. Quick and easy!

Hope to see you posting here on a regular basis!!!!
    09-29-10 10:40 AM
    Jaydee and PC, I do the same thing with all my registration codes for my apps, only I use password keeper instead of the memo pad. It's very handy!
    09-29-10 12:15 PM
23,186 ... 285286287288289 ...