Cbreeze, if you have berryweather you can put the weather on the homescreen no matter what theme you have. Its an option within the app itself. I'm running os6 with no icons and my weather on the homescreen.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-24-10 10:32 AM
    Cbreeze, if you have berryweather you can put the weather on the homescreen no matter what theme you have. Its an option within the app itself. I'm running os6 with no icons and my weather on the homescreen.

Yeah, I have bweather, gotta dig a little deeper. Ah Got it! How'd I miss that??? DOH!! Thanks for the tip RR
    Last edited by cbreze; 09-24-10 at 10:37 AM.
    09-24-10 10:34 AM

I like the way beweather puts the weather on the homescree; however, I would like to be able to have some kind of background with it. The black screen with the weather icon and a little data is not exactly eyecatching.

Anyone know how to -put a background behind the weather information?
    09-24-10 09:01 PM
    I like the way beweather puts the weather on the homescree; however, I would like to be able to have some kind of background with it. The black screen with the weather icon and a little data is not exactly eyecatching.

Anyone know how to -put a background behind the weather information?
    Bob its under the same options where you put the icon on your homescreen. Its in options settings, homescreen wallpaper. Once there scroll down to the very bottom and you can choose your wallpaper there that will display on the homescreen.
    09-24-10 09:25 PM
    Bob its under the same options where you put the icon on your homescreen. Its in options settings, homescreen wallpaper. Once there scroll down to the very bottom and you can choose your wallpaper there that will display on the homescreen.
    Thanks RR, that is what I wanted. Would like it to how a little better but I'm OK with it the way it is. I guess I had not looked that closely at the options with an eye to seeing what they did. Shame on me!
    09-24-10 09:49 PM
    If you remember, I mentioned last night that I got 2 reminders for every appointment. I would get them one right behind the other.

I just now had time to play with this and found that if you set the reminder tones to ring twice, it also displays the reminder screen twice. That seems kind of silly. I have not had time to play a little more and see if thre is a way to have the tones repeated without the dialog box repeating, I'll mess with that soon.
    09-24-10 09:53 PM
    You got that right! I won't leave these themes behind. I have no desire to re-do this entire phone and re-learn how to operate the dang thing again. I might never switch to OS6 if I don't have to. Seriously. My battery is fine, my chirping has ended, my browser works, my email works, what's the big deal?
    The screen looks b-u-t-t ugly on 6 if you ask me. I wouldn't put up with it for 10 minutes. I can hide all my icons too! Memory management? I know how to use BB Hybrid Tools. I got plenty of memory...more than any of you have left. And more apps to boot.

What's the reason to upgrade? Give me a good reason...something compelling.
    Awww come on JayDee, through care to the wind and give it a go. You'll like it. It's really quite a good release.

Someone help me here please, I am presuming that the reason there are no themes is that no one has developed one yet. Some of the developers with soon offer themes that will work on BB6, YES????? NO??????
    09-24-10 09:58 PM
    Someone help me here please, I am presuming that the reason there are no themes is that no one has developed one yet. Some of the developers with soon offer themes that will work on BB6, YES????? NO??????
    Could it be they can't do themes because there's no theme builder app for the bolds screen size/resolution? It seems like there would be themes otherwise. Just me speculating here. Does the torch have custom themes yet?

On another note, I went back to OS-5 in order to pick-up Q/L(3.3) and BerryBlab. It wouldn't let me D/L it with the OS-6 onboard, but it carrys over when you update if I have it saved on 5. In any case when I saw all my old themes I started to miss them ..sorta...NOT! I saw the old ui and just got bored right away. Picked up QL and Bblab and got the **** back to OS-6 country. I'm good to go again. That whole precedure took me an hour and a half, but you know I'm glad because it gave me another look at 5 and I needed that to know I'm in the right place.
    Also, I never could decide on which theme with OS-5 and now w/6 no worries, since theres only one.
    09-24-10 10:58 PM
    There is no themes because theme builder hasnt been updated to support 6.0 devices yet. The torch dosent have themes either. There has been rumors that the new theme builder will be released next week at devcon but who knows. And there has also been reports that because of the new homescreen layout and menus and such that theme builders wont have as much creative power as they previously had, but we shall see.
    09-25-10 07:23 AM
    Could it be they can't do themes because there's no theme builder app for the bolds screen size/resolution? It seems like there would be themes otherwise. Just me speculating here. Does the torch have custom themes yet?

On another note, I went back to OS-5 in order to pick-up Q/L(3.3) and BerryBlab. It wouldn't let me D/L it with the OS-6 onboard, but it carrys over when you update if I have it saved on 5. In any case when I saw all my old themes I started to miss them ..sorta...NOT! I saw the old ui and just got bored right away. Picked up QL and Bblab and got the **** back to OS-6 country. I'm good to go again. That whole precedure took me an hour and a half, but you know I'm glad because it gave me another look at 5 and I needed that to know I'm in the right place.
    Also, I never could decide on which theme with OS-5 and now w/6 no worries, since theres only one.
    I downloaded an update to one of my apps, what happens is it puts the JAD file on the card; however, when I clicked on it from the card I got an error. Didn't have time to followup on it but will do so. The way it's working is that the JAD is on the card and you download from there.

There is no themes because theme builder hasnt been updated to support 6.0 devices yet. The torch dosent have themes either. There has been rumors that the new theme builder will be released next week at devcon but who knows. And there has also been reports that because of the new homescreen layout and menus and such that theme builders wont have as much creative power as they previously had, but we shall see.
    After posting this question I went to the "Themes" forum and sure enough, you are absolutely right about theme builder not being updated for bb6 and that it is expected any day now. I'm hoping that the theme builders will be able to deep 6 the icon bar and allow other options.
    09-25-10 10:27 AM
    The lack of creativity is exactly what I am bemoaning! I absolutely HATE the way the OS6 screen LOOKS. and for that reason ALONE i will not upgrade! It just looks ugly to me. And I must use my phone in a way different from the rest of you, but my phone stays at the homescreen in my charger on my desk unless I am actively doing something with it. That means I operate from the icons and shortcuts I have there. And I LOVE my varying themes (in contrast to cbreze who said he could never decide which he wanted to use..lol)

So when Theme Builder comes out and I start seeing something I can live with, then I will think about upgrading. I take that back. When official VZW comes out AND i see themes, then I will upgrade. THERE! That will get all you guys off my back for even LONGER.....LMAO

I have a refined, perfectly working phone. I don't wanna change. You can't make me.
    09-25-10 10:56 AM
    The lack of creativity is exactly what I am bemoaning! I absolutely HATE the way the OS6 screen LOOKS. and for that reason ALONE i will not upgrade! It just looks ugly to me. And I must use my phone in a way different from the rest of you, but my phone stays at the homescreen in my charger on my desk unless I am actively doing something with it. That means I operate from the icons and shortcuts I have there. And I LOVE my varying themes (in contrast to cbreze who said he could never decide which he wanted to use..lol)

So when Theme Builder comes out and I start seeing something I can live with, then I will think about upgrading. I take that back. When official VZW comes out AND i see themes, then I will upgrade. THERE! That will get all you guys off my back for even LONGER.....LMAO

I have a refined, perfectly working phone. I don't wanna change. You can't make me.
    Now JayDee, you know we won't try to make you; cajole maybe! You know we all love you, our fearless leader.

09-25-10 03:18 PM
    Now JayDee, you know we won't try to make you; cajole maybe! You know we all love you, our fearless leader.

Awww Bob,
    You are just the sweetest!!!
    Ty very much...fearless, maybe; leader...by virtue of a big mouth, maybe... lol
    09-25-10 04:41 PM
    I downloaded an update to one of my apps, what happens is it puts the JAD file on the card; however, when I clicked on it from the card I got an error. Didn't have time to followup on it but will do so. The way it's working is that the JAD is on the card and you download from there.
    Thats what I tried to do and still got the error. All my apps, which are not a huge amount are at least working fine.
    Another observation, by reverting back to 5 and then reloading 6 I find that six works even better. I've heard lots of people saying when an os doesn't work perfect to just reload it and this is , in effect what I did. In any case I'm here to stay I'm pretty sure. I'm getting the hang of berryblab for forum browsing and it seems lots easier than the side to side scroll required with the oem browser, although "bolt" is also an option for that stuff.
    Bob you were asking about berry weather wallpaper and rr answered you, but I'm confounded as to how to get pics into the berryweather file so I can have my temperature and graphics onscreen, as it seems only those in that particular file will work for this. When I go to the b weather wallpaper file there are only a few of my pics to choose from and I'll be danged if I know how they got there or how to add to them. Any ideas how to populate the berry weather wallpaper pix file? I've got lots of pictures I'd like to try.
    09-25-10 05:32 PM
    cbreze, go to homescreen wallpaper scroll down to select image then select the sdcard, then the blackberry picture file. You should see all of your pictures on your memory card.

09-25-10 06:58 PM
    GoT it. 3rd click on the file icon did the trick. Thanks Prince

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    09-25-10 08:15 PM
    cbreze how do you like BerryBlab? I just purchased it and I wanna try it out on the forums since I spend so much time on here anyway! lol
    How do you think it works for you? Is it easier? I want to try it tonight after my device reboots...that would be about 8 minutes from now...lol
    09-25-10 09:00 PM
    Posting with it now. I like it fine and for 3 bucks I don't see how I could lose. Small learning curve and I've only had it up since yesterday. It can be quicker than opening a browser, great for posting quickly. Give it a shot tho, definitly

09-25-10 09:09 PM
    Ok I already posted once with it and here's my second. A bit of a learning curve but I like being able to see the text for a change...something I couldn't do with my browser!!!! Hooray for old eyes! Yay!!!

09-25-10 09:18 PM
    Ok I already posted once with it and here's my second. A bit of a learning curve but I like being able to see the text for a change...something I couldn't do with my browser!!!! Hooray for old eyes! Yay!!!
    Yep, A very solid app for the money. I'm liking more all the time.

Hmmmm.... so how do we get rid of this^ sig thing?
    Edit: O.K. so I guess "posted from my blah,blah blab is a forum function and not the app. Oh well. Maybe I'm the only one annoyed by it.
    Last edited by cbreze; 09-26-10 at 12:12 PM.
    09-25-10 09:24 PM

Have you used column view for the browser or maybe you don't like it. When I was running 5 I prefered colimn view as the fonts were easily adjusted to a size I could easily read. But thats column view and I understand some prefer the other. It's the reason I got Bblab in the first place as there is not a similar option for the 6's browser and this is the only complaint I have about 6.
    09-26-10 12:18 PM
    OK theme studio 6 is out in beta which means theme developers will start making themes for OS6. And you know what that means. As soon as I see 20 or 30 themes for OS6 that I like, I will think about upgrading and switching my OS to 6 and loading up on some new themes. ...There's hope for me yet.
    09-27-10 06:26 PM
    OK theme studio 6 is out in beta which means theme developers will start making themes for OS6. And you know what that means. As soon as I see 20 or 30 themes for OS6 that I like, I will think about upgrading and switching my OS to 6 and loading up on some new themes. ...There's hope for me yet.
    well hopefully they start coming soon, but this is beta one and it says it only supports the torch right now so we may have to wait a little longer
    09-27-10 06:42 PM
    well hopefully they start coming soon, but this is beta one and it says it only supports the torch right now so we may have to wait a little longer
    No, it didn't, it said it supports the torch and OS6
    "BlackBerry Theme Studio v6.0 beta only supports the BlackBerry Torch 9800 smartphone and BlackBerry� 6 OS."
    So themers can start in RIGHT NOW and start creating for OS6 :-)
    Last edited by jaydee5799; 09-27-10 at 06:54 PM.
    09-27-10 06:50 PM
    Good news. This opens up some interesting possibilities.

EDIT: Looks like it was to good to be true. Word on the street is torch only for now anyway.
    Last edited by cbreze; 09-27-10 at 11:41 PM.
    09-27-10 07:26 PM
23,186 ... 284285286287288 ...