I run QL as my right convenience key, not sure what the big deal is about HAVING to have it run via space bar.
    At the moment my right convenience key is occupied with another function; thus, it is not availbale for QL.
    09-23-10 08:02 PM
    All I can say about 6 so far is WOW! It has exceeded my expectations after only having it onboard for about an hour. My only issue so far that I've noticed is Q/L, and this was my bad as I forgot to do a QL backup. It works fine tho. I have lots more to check, but so far definitly is sooo good!
    The install was a cake walk via DM. Everthing backed up for me and as far as I can tell has re-installed. Ringtones are alot louder as has been said. Probably where they should be. Bob won't need his hearing aids.LOL! Sorry Bob, cheap shot, couldn't resist. My lady friend wears doubles, we joke alot about getting older and losing "it".
    Big thanks to Paul for his help and persistance. Thanks Paul.
    I have more exploring to do, just wanted to chime in with a big two thumbs up for six!
    LMAO about not having to wear my HAs, yes, the volume is much better and tones are clear. It's OK about the cheap shot, I've been wearing these things so long that they have become part of me. I too make jokes about them.
    09-23-10 08:06 PM
    My Fellow Essex-Ramblers running OS6:

If you want the OS5 ringtones back check out this thread:

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=530509
    PC, yes I think I'm going to put the OS5 ringtones on my baby Bold, I saw another thread that has them in a zip file. I'll see if I can find it again, all you have to do is unzip them and transfer them to your card.
    09-23-10 08:12 PM
    Thanks. I saw that the links were snuffed out pretty fast but I found one today. Now I need to get up the confidence and decide if I want to ignore some of the bugs I've been reading about - still trying to catch up over two weeks of threads on the 9650, apps, themes and general discussion....
    F2, BB6 is terrific. I have had no problems at all, one minor irritation which is that every time I get a calendar reminder on my Baby Bold I get it twice. A little strange but not a show stopper. Go for the gusto.
    09-23-10 08:15 PM
    I am now 48+ hours into BB6, finding it works very well. With a bit of use today, in an area with poor signal, I'm down to 47% battery on my 2600. I'm really like this 2600 and the extra thickness is almost un-noticable. BB6 has given me no real problems. I agree the browser can be a little confusing but I think that is primarily a learing curve issue. As I mentioned in a previous post when I get a calendar reminder I get them twice, what's with that? Not a show stopper. I'm going to try to get the OS5 ringtones back, primarily for my phone ring. I had that set to the Entertainer, a tune that I dearly love and I miss it.

Yeah, no themes but by having no rows of icons on the home screen I have the clean look that I like and got from Al3azim's themes that I have been using. There is a hidden today which is OK but I would like to customize it to eliminate the messages because it uses the general message box that I really don't like a bit. I want to get my emails in the folder for each of my email addresses so that I know what I am working with. I know, picky picky picky. I'm hopeful that CheetahAce will add an email by address feature to QL in his next release, that would solve all my problems with the hidden today. Even if I just don't use the hidden today, I can live with it but will miss my calendar entries in the home screen.

All in all, I am happy that I jumped to BB6. For a first leak it is very good.
    09-23-10 08:37 PM
    I'm kinda getting the BB6 fever. I've been reading through some threads and I have a few questions. Are all or just some of the OS 5 ringtones missing? and what is the problem with the service books?
    09-23-10 08:46 PM
    I'm kinda getting the BB6 fever. I've been reading through some threads and I have a few questions. Are all or just some of the OS 5 ringtones missing? and what is the problem with the service books?
    Yes, as best as I can tell all OS5 ringtones are history.

No problem with servcie books on the 9650. I think the servcebooks issue was a 9800 on T-Mo problem. Everything working on my Baby Bold and didn't even resend the servcebooks.
    09-23-10 08:49 PM
    Yes, as best as I can tell all OS5 ringtones are history.

No problem with servcie books on the 9650. I think the servcebooks issue was a 9800 on T-Mo problem. Everything working on my Baby Bold and didn't even resend the servcebooks.
    Thanks Bob! I might give it a shot tomorrow.
    09-23-10 08:54 PM
    My Fellow Essex-Ramblers running OS6:

If you want the OS5 ringtones back check out this thread:

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=530509
    PC, check this thread and see what you think:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f172/fy...gtones-530419/
    09-23-10 09:00 PM
    I just downloaded the .zip file and unzipped it, I then connected my baby Bold and in mass storage mode copied the OS5 ringtones to the card under Blackberry/ringtones. Went to setup and ringtones and there they were, selected the Entertainer as the phone ringtone and it worked like a champ. I'll agree with some other comments I have seen, the tone is a little fuzzy and I have the volume set to 7 but it's not all that bad. I'm happy to have my phone ringtone back!
    09-23-10 09:55 PM
    Thanks Bob! I might give it a shot tomorrow.
    Go for it, I don't think you will be disappointed. Besides, you can always step back if necessary. Holler if you need help.
    09-23-10 09:56 PM
    Is there a thread (elsewhere) addressing the Browser view - whether it is a font or "column view" or "page view" or some other issue? I don't think I could deal with having to horizontally scroll back and forth to read a page or newpaper column.

Anyone know does OS6 Browser work "better" in whatever device it had been officially offered with? I can't believe they would have many happy customers with having to scroll a lot.
    09-23-10 10:12 PM
    F2, from what I've seen of this browser I do have to scroll back and forth to read a page, that and the zooming to the correct size is my only real downside issue with 6. Everything else is awesome. Not all web pages are that way either , some you just scroll up/down. I've been using bolt more as it is somewhat easier for certain sites. Definitly a learning curve for the browser as was mentioned. I really miss column view for the browser. If I decide to dump 6 and revert back, it would be to get column view back as that is my only real issue. Battery life is even better on 6. It's only been a day and a half for me with 6 onboard so not enough time to cuss this dang browser, I'll give it awhile. You just gotta try it and see for yourself. At least I'm not getting 2 calendar appointments everytime.
    Bob, You know theres a whole huge file of various ringtones from all types of artists over near the CB theme section right?
    Alos FWIW, all my current ringtones carried over to 6 for me. So no issues there. Not sure why yours didn't. I used DM to do all the work re my upgrade.
    09-23-10 10:38 PM
    Prince, for me, the only ringtones I lost were the ones I cared not about and did not use. The ones I had set to diff functions all transfered over. Also the CB ringtone file thread is awesome and has just about anything you could possibly want.
    I had no prob with service books and just used DM to do it all. Everything was saved and transfered fine. All I needed was to re-input app codes.
    I didn't want to go for it either for awhile, then decided the only way was to see for myself. With the OS-6 coming out officially down the road anyway, I wanted to get a preview.
    Interestingly enough, what folks said about the new OS having to settle in was spot on for me. I've done about 4 batt pulls and the performance keeps getting better as time goes by. Weird, I know but seemingly true.
    I seem to be getting into a nice groove with it, Just that browser learning curve, now that may take awhile longer.
    My $.02
    Last edited by cbreze; 09-23-10 at 10:56 PM.
    09-23-10 10:54 PM
    Prince, for me, the only ringtones I lost were the ones I cared not about and did not use. The ones I had set to diff functions all transfered over. Also the CB ringtone file thread is awesome and has just about anything you could possibly want.
    I had no prob with service books and just used DM to do it all. Everything was saved and transfered fine. All I needed was to re-input app codes.
    I didn't want to go for it either for awhile, then decided the only way was to see for myself. With the OS-6 coming out officially down the road anyway, I wanted to get a preview.
    Interestingly enough, what folks said about the new OS having to settle in was spot on for me. I've done about 4 batt pulls and the performance keeps getting better as time goes by. Weird, I know but seemingly true.
    I seem to be getting into a nice groove with it, Just that browser learning curve, now that may take awhile longer.
    My $.02
    Thanks cbreze, It sounds good. I wonder if we'll get jaydee on board?
    09-23-10 11:05 PM
    plkcable, you rock! I would have responded earlier but I just got home from work. cbreze, thank you too. I'm going to try to find that now. Is radical in the bb apps?
    09-23-10 11:08 PM
    Thanks cbreze, It sounds good. I wonder if we'll get jaydee on board?
    You kiddin'!! With all those themes? She won't want to leave those behind!!
    09-23-10 11:10 PM
    plkcable, you rock! I would have responded earlier but I just got home from work. cbreze, thank you too. I'm going to try to find that now. Is radical in the bb apps?
    I think so, not positive. Do you have the new Q/L? I think it has a flashlite, not sure how good it is as I don't have the upgraded QL yet. But buying QL might give you a two-fer.
    My flashlite has come in amazingly handy at times and I amaze my dumb phone friends with it.
    09-23-10 11:13 PM
    I think so, not positive. Do you have the new Q/L? I think it has a flashlite, not sure how good it is as I don't have the upgraded QL yet. But buying QL might give you a two-fer.
    My flashlite has come in amazingly handy at times and I amaze my dumb phone friends with it.
    I found it and bought and installed it. It uses the status light. I was hoping it would use the flash by the camera since it's brighter. Is there any way to change which light it uses?
    09-23-10 11:48 PM
    I found it and bought and installed it. It uses the status light. I was hoping it would use the flash by the camera since it's brighter. Is there any way to change which light it uses?
    No, but you can add the screen lite up also. I thought it said it was on the front status lite.
    It's just a good handy lite to have,

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-24-10 12:22 AM
    At the moment my right convenience key is occupied with another function; thus, it is not availbale for QL.
    Bob, QL has convenience keys programmable for multiclick...remember? You can make your side keys do three or four things.
    09-24-10 07:01 AM
    You kiddin'!! With all those themes? She won't want to leave those behind!!
    You got that right! I won't leave these themes behind. I have no desire to re-do this entire phone and re-learn how to operate the dang thing again. I might never switch to OS6 if I don't have to. Seriously. My battery is fine, my chirping has ended, my browser works, my email works, what's the big deal?
    The screen looks b-u-t-t ugly on 6 if you ask me. I wouldn't put up with it for 10 minutes. I can hide all my icons too! Memory management? I know how to use BB Hybrid Tools. I got plenty of memory...more than any of you have left. And more apps to boot.

What's the reason to upgrade? Give me a good reason...something compelling.
    09-24-10 07:12 AM
    As usual you make a lot of sense. I'm reading all the reviews on BB6 and I would like to see it for myself. But I also agree with you. I hate CHANGE, I really do. Maybe I was drinking the bad kool-aid last night or maybe that wasn't kool-aid!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-24-10 07:25 AM
    PC, check this thread and see what you think:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f172/fy...gtones-530419/
    Thanks Bob, I will check it out.

plkcable, you rock! I would have responded earlier but I just got home from work.
    Glad to help!

JD, I don't know that I can give a good, compelling reason to go with OS6. You know all too well, I like to tinker with my BlackBerries and I get bored quickly. I like to try new OS' out, even if it's just an update like 732 -> 810.

I like the scrolling thru trays by swiping left and right on the trackpad, I like the drop down with my next 3 appointments, missed calls, emails & texts, I like all the app mgmt functions, to name a few. The browser is significantly faster, especially over wifi.
    Last edited by plkcable; 09-24-10 at 07:58 AM.
    09-24-10 07:36 AM
    You sound like your in a comfy spot with your bold as is. I'd just stick to your current situation. I'm not that big into fiddling anymore like I used to be. I prefer something to just work, but looking good while doing that is a plus.
    I don't like icons onscreen either and always went for themes that had hiding dock options. With 6, I can have 0>2 rows of icons onscreen. I chose to have none. I use Q/L for my navigating to all apps and just about everything. Gives the screen a clean look. I love the browser speed. It is sweet, but the insidious scrolling on sites like CB makes it unusable for me. I need to use bolt for sites like forums.( I hear Berry Blab may solve this issue, gonna pick it up) Alot of other sites render at a good width for a page so up/down scrolling is fine no side to side, that side to side scroll is what drives my experience in the crapper. I keep thinking I'll just get tired of the browser issues then I go to a site someplace that used to take longer to load and WHAM! , I'm good to go in short order.
    So bottom line sounds like for you to stick with what works for you. I will say I kind of miss my weather on the home screen. No slot in the one theme. When theme makers get it together we'll surely see some great stuff.
    Just my $.02 And HAPPY FRIDAY!! to all you workers out there.
    Last edited by cbreze; 09-24-10 at 10:29 AM.
    09-24-10 10:15 AM
23,186 ... 283284285286287 ...